Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

They are trying to gut veteran's benefits, VA disability, VA Medical care, and Military Retirement along with Social Security, SS Disability, Medicare, and Medicaid.

Prove it. They rejected new spending not taking away existing programs.

Ron Johnson calls for subjecting Medicare and Social Security to annual budget talks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-johnson-calls-subjecting-medicare-221811297.html

like seriously, all you have to do is simply pay attention. but apparently thats too much to ask.

Why shouldnt they have budget talks and have the ability to manage the programs? I know the extreme left thinks the sky is falling but yall only have yourself to blame. OCD spreading lies and you believing it.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
[Linked Image from ripleys.com]

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

No Craps Given
F
Legend
Legend
F
You know ostriches don't put their head in the sand to hide from fear, they are checking and keeping their eggs warm in their nests. smile

I just always thought that saying was stupid. tongue

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
anybody caught the boot licking for the right wing authoritarian viktor orban at the CPAC?

Hungary's Viktor Orban fires up Texas conservatives

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62431415

dude is a certified racist, and yet conservatives gave this dude a standing ovation. as i've said before, this isn't fringe anymore. this is absolutely mainstream conservative beliefs. the dudes like oob and dawg05, understand that you are officially a minority amongst your own ideology. there is way too much evidence for anyone to claim that this doesn't represent the bulk of conservative americans. christian nationalist......anybody who's read up on world history knows what happens next when people who identify as christian nationalist gain control...

the both sides BS is so stupid. only one side is trying to turn this country into a christian ethnostate. only one side is blatantly arguing against our secular government. only one side is trying their best to self segregate from FELLOW americans who don't look like them. only one side is waging a war against women, the elderly, and the LGBT.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Been saying that for a minute.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh, I've been saying that for quite a while actually. This last election cycle, there was hardly anyone on that side of the aisle I voted for. It has definitely become the lesser of two evils to me, for the most part.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Americans giving Orban a Standing O have shown their ignorance and total lack of memory regarding historical facts.

Think Hitler

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
they dont know history at all, and proven it time and time again.

i get so upset when people tell others to go back to their countries. but damn man, if conservatives hate that we're a secular government and a melting pot society, maybe they should go see whats up with migrating to Hungary.

i know my side has faults, but we talk about fighting for this country to live up to its values. conservatives hate the country the way it is, and want a theocracy. they don't like democracy, and its obvious because they KEEP falling in love with these authoritarian figures all. the. time.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Oh, I've been saying that for quite a while actually. This last election cycle, there was hardly anyone on that side of the aisle I voted for. It has definitely become the lesser of two evils to me, for the most part.

this is what happens when conservatives by into the idea that you're supposed to vote with your pocket books.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Even on that assertion, what the Republicans purport to do fiscally is not actually conservative. Sadly, this was more of a wake-up call to me back in my late twenties. There hasn't been a fiscally conservative president since Nixon. Oddly enough, I think Clinton was the next closest fiscally. Reagan took us from the largest creditor to being the largest debtor, and he's hailed as a conservative icon. I just don't get it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The Republican Party loves itself a good homophobe

And if he dabbles in antisemitism? Even better!

In U.S. speech, Viktor Orbán invokes Holocaust, attacks George Soros

The Hungarian prime minister suggested the Jewish billionaire believes Christian values ‘led to the horrors of the 20th century’

Viktor Orbán, the longtime prime minister of Hungary, invoked the Holocaust and assailed Jewish billionaire George Soros in an unleashed attack on progressive Democrats and the mainstream media at a conservative conference Thursday.

In a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference’s annual gathering in Dallas, Orbán said that the “horrors of Nazism and communism” happened because some European countries abandoned their Christian values.

Orbán, a populist authoritarian, has aligned himself with former President Donald Trump and far-right politicians. He faced widespread condemnation for recent remarks in which he said Europeans should not “become peoples of mixed race.” One of his top advisers resigned a few days later in protest, calling it a “pure Nazi” speech.

The Hungarian leader started his address on the first day of the conference by saying he understands that his appearance has drawn criticism. “You managed to confuse a lot of people by inviting me,” he said. “I can already see tomorrow’s headlines: ‘Far-right, European racist, antisemite, strongman, the Trojan horse of Putin gives speech at conservative conference.’ But I don’t want to give them any ideas.”

He went on the say that his government “introduced a zero-tolerance policy on racism and antisemitism. So accusing us is fake news, and those who make these claims are certainly idiots. They are the industrial fake news corporation.”

Orbán told the crowd that he calls Soros, the Hungarian-born American billionaire philanthropist who survived Nazi persecution and with whom he has clashed with for years, by the nickname ‘nagybácsi’ – Uncle George. He added that he considers Soros the “wealthiest and one of the most talented Hungarians on earth.”

“I know George Soros very well,” he said. “He is my opponent. He believes in none of the things that we do, and he has an army at his service – money, NGOs, universities, research institutions and half the bureaucracy in Brussels. He uses this army to force his will on his opponents like us Hungarians.”

He went on to claim that Soros thinks that the Christian values “dear to all of us led to the horrors of the 20th century.”

But Orbán argued the case is the opposite. “Our values save us from repeating history’s mistakes,” he said. “The horrors of Nazism and communism happened because some Western states in continental Europe abandoned … Christian values. And today’s progressives are planning to do the same.”

“Who is going to stop them if we don’t,” Orbán said.

Orbán concluded his speech by saying, “The globalists can all go to hell, I have come to Texas.”

https://forward.com/fast-forward/51...-invokes-holocaust-attacks-george-soros/

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/06/22 04:00 AM.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
This one is a bit over the top, but I couldn't keep from laughing at the message.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

DeSantis is as nuts as Trump.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/07/22 12:36 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good video

5:55
DeSantis can sign some paper with his "pen or crayon" rofl

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Marjorie Taylor Greene prayed over a convicted Capitol rioter who spent a day crying in a mock prison cell at CPAC
Taiyler Simone Mitchell and Katherine Tangalakis-Lippert 17 hours ago

A convicted Capitol rioter spent the day in a prop cell at the Conservative Political Action Conference during a performance aimed at highlighting the "mistreatment" of those jailed after storming the Capitol on Jan. 6.

His tearful performance ultimately drew the eyes — and prayers — of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

The conservative activist, dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit and MAGA hat inside of a prop cell, spent the day in character, weeping and tallying days on a chalkboard set up within the performance space.

WUSA reporter Jordan Fischer identified the man as Brandon Straka, founder of the #WalkAway Foundation, which encouraged liberal voters to abandon the Democratic party and vote for Trump. Straka pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of Engaging in Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in the Capitol Building or Grounds during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, receiving 90 days home confinement and three years probation, but avoided jail time, NPR reported.

Straka said in a statement to Insider that the purpose of the performance was to highlight "the pain and suffering that has resulted from the division that exists among the American people," but he "does not endorse or condone the behavior of anybody who committed crimes on January 6th."

He added that his hope was to "encourage all Americans to let go of hatred and animosity and begin to see the humanity in one another again, and have compassion for one another."

The freelance reporter who tweeted the video, Laura Jedeed, explained that viewers were able to wear a "silent disco headset" and listen to the testimony of January 6 defendants during their trials.

"It's tragic how many January 6 defendants were treated in jail," Alex Pfeiffer, a spokesperson for CPAC, told Insider in an emailed statement.

Georgia Rep. Greene came across the performance Friday and entered the eight-foot cage, kneeling beside Straka to join him in prayer. The Daily Mail reported a large cheer erupted from the crowd when the representative joined the performance.

"She prayed with me for our nation," Straka told the Daily Mail. "Both sides of the aisle for all people and no, I thought it was a really beautiful, special moment."

Not everyone saw the performance as moving: Joe Walsh, a former Republican and Illinois representative called the exhibit "crazy." He said the performance meant "everybody at CPAC, they don't believe January 6 was a big deal or a bad thing."

"My former political party is fully anti-democracy," Walsh added.

Representatives for Greene did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cpa...on-cell-january-6-defendants-jail-2022-8

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Crowd cheers as Trump calls for the abolition of the Department of Education, video shows
Joshua Zitser 8 hours ago

Former President Donald Trump called for the US Department of Education's abolition during his Saturday speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas, Texas.

Trump told a crowd that prohibitions need to be brought in on teaching "inappropriate racial, sexual and political material" to American schoolchildren.

"If federal bureaucrats are going to push this radicalism, we should abolish the Department of Education," he continued.

This part of the speech, a video shows, appeared to receive rapturous applause.

Last month, former Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos, who served in Trump's administration, told a conservative education summit that the department she once led for four years should be abolished.

"I personally think the Department of Education should not exist," said DeVos at the Moms for Liberty summit, per the Florida Phoenix.

DeVos argued that the federal department should be abolished to leave education policy decisions to state and local boards. According to the Florida Phoenix, this was also met with cheers.

Indeed, the calls for abolishing the federal agency precede DeVos. Rep. Thomas Massie, backed by Reps. Last year, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, and Andy Biggs introduced a bill to abolish the US Department of Education.

"Unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. should not be in charge of our children's intellectual and moral development," said Massie in February 2021.

Massie introduced a nearly identical bill in 2017. And even President Ronald Reagan, back in the 1980s, said he wanted to close it down.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Republicans have long wanted to eliminate the department because they see education policy as falling within the remit of states and local communities and not the federal government.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vid...-education-abolition-crowd-cheers-2022-8

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just when you think things couldn't get any worse they do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And now we know why he wants to eliminate the department of education. A dumbed down population means more money for him.

Trump Begs Supporters to Donate for ‘Upcoming’ Lawsuit Against CNN
Zachary Petrizzo
Fri, August 5, 2022, 7:45 PM·2 min read

It’s been over a week since former President Donald Trump pledged that he would be filing a lawsuit against CNN.

Yet, instead of court documents being filed, Trump appears to be more preoccupied with begging followers to send in money to “support” the so far non-existent legal action.

“I’m calling on my best and most dedicated supporters to add their names to stand with me in my impending LAWSUIT against Fake News CNN,” a new fundraising email sent out from the ex-president on Friday said.

“Add your name IMMEDIATELY to show your support for my upcoming lawsuit against Fake News CNN,” the message declared, linking to a donations page.

That email titled “Let’s SUE CNN” was one of two CNN-inspired fundraising emails sent out on Friday.

A second email sent out hours later struck a similar urgent tune and said: “I’m going to look over the names of the first 45 Patriots who added their names to publicly stand with their President AGAINST CNN.”

Last Wednesday, the former president threatened to sue the cable network and sent CNN’s General Counsel David Vigilante and top CNN executive Chris Licht a letter titled, “Notice of Intent to Bring Civil Action for Defamation.”

“Without regard for President Trump’s genuine belief in his statements, CNN has published numerous articles characterizing him as a ‘liar’ and the purveyor of the ‘Big Lie,’” the Trump legal letter to CNN said.

The ex-president touting a potential CNN lawsuit comes as the Republican National Committee has said they will stop paying Trump’s legal bills upon him declaring his candidacy for president.

Neither CNN nor a Trump spokesperson returned The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Friday evening.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-begs-supporters-donate-upcoming-234514444.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Or he could have skipped a round of golf.

Trump Tells Judge He Was Too Busy as President to Sue Clinton Sooner
Erik Larson
Fri, August 5, 2022, 2:50 PM·2 min read

(Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump’s lawyers argued the statute of limitations shouldn’t apply to the lawsuit he filed against political rival Hillary Clinton because the “immense and unrelenting demands” of the job prevented him from doing so sooner.

The former president was simply too busy during his single term in office to discover the details of the alleged plot, which he claims involved a vast effort to falsely accuse him and his 2016 campaign of colluding with Russia and swamp him with costly investigations, his lawyers wrote in a filing Thursday night in federal court in Florida.

Trump “was preoccupied with carrying out his eminently important presidential duties and was therefore impeded from effectively asserting his rights,” his lawyers said.

The suit was filed in March under the civil version of a racketeering law normally used against organized crime. But Clinton argues Trump missed the four-year statute of limitations because all of the alleged conduct was known to him no later than Oct. 29, 2017, when he publicly accused several of the defendants of cooking up a Russia “witch hunt.”

US District Judge Donald Middlebrooks, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton, is weighing a joint motion to dismiss the case by Clinton, her 2016 campaign chairman John Podesta and former Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, among others. They raised the statute of limitations as one of the reasons the suit should be thrown out.

The case is scheduled for trial in May.

David Kendall, Clinton’s lawyer with Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, didn’t immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

Read More: Trump’s FBI Foes Dismissed From Conspiracy Suit Against Clinton

The case is Trump v. Clinton, 22-cv-14102, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida.

Most Read from Bloomberg Businessweek

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-tells-judge-too-busy-185041560.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
Then too we don't want to risk that the students actually learn the real history of The United States.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Marjorie Taylor Greene prayed over a convicted Capitol rioter who spent a day crying in a mock prison cell at CPAC

A convicted Capitol rioter spent the day in a prop cell at the Conservative Political Action Conference during a performance aimed at highlighting the "mistreatment" of those jailed after storming the Capitol on Jan. 6.

His tearful performance ultimately drew the eyes — and prayers — of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

The conservative activist, dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit and MAGA hat inside of a prop cell, spent the day in character, weeping and tallying days on a chalkboard set up within the performance space.

WUSA reporter Jordan Fischer identified the man as Brandon Straka, founder of the #WalkAway Foundation, which encouraged liberal voters to abandon the Democratic party and vote for Trump. Straka pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of Engaging in Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in the Capitol Building or Grounds during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, receiving 90 days home confinement and three years probation, but avoided jail time, NPR reported.

Straka said in a statement to Insider that the purpose of the performance was to highlight "the pain and suffering that has resulted from the division that exists among the American people," but he "does not endorse or condone the behavior of anybody who committed crimes on January 6th."

He added that his hope was to "encourage all Americans to let go of hatred and animosity and begin to see the humanity in one another again, and have compassion for one another."

The freelance reporter who tweeted the video, Laura Jedeed, explained that viewers were able to wear a "silent disco headset" and listen to the testimony of January 6 defendants during their trials.

"It's tragic how many January 6 defendants were treated in jail," Alex Pfeiffer, a spokesperson for CPAC, told Insider in an emailed statement.

Georgia Rep. Greene came across the performance Friday and entered the eight-foot cage, kneeling beside Straka to join him in prayer. The Daily Mail reported a large cheer erupted from the crowd when the representative joined the performance.

"She prayed with me for our nation," Straka told the Daily Mail. "Both sides of the aisle for all people and no, I thought it was a really beautiful, special moment."

Not everyone saw the performance as moving: Joe Walsh, a former Republican and Illinois representative called the exhibit "crazy." He said the performance meant "everybody at CPAC, they don't believe January 6 was a big deal or a bad thing."

"My former political party is fully anti-democracy," Walsh added.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cpa...on-cell-january-6-defendants-jail-2022-8

notallthere

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And it never ends......

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene: 'No One Can Convince Me' Jan. 6 Rioters Weren't Antifa

The 2020 election conspiracy theorist added that those criminally charged "for things they shouldn't have done" during the Capitol attack are being unfairly treated.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marj...MTHwRrqo0ESmkiNQaTIebLGY1M-oJ2lxdBv4pbpA

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
MTG probably was looking for a conjugal visit but had to pray when he started crying.

I would laugh my ass off if Clinton let Trump's suit move forward then proves he and Putin are in bed together once and for all.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This probably should be under the Cuckoo Democrats thread but it was closed so I put it here

Police arrested an Ohio man who is accused of sending more than three dozen letters laced with poop to Republican politicians, including Rep. Jim Jordan
Yelena Dzhanova 4 hours ago

Police on Friday arrested an Ohio man who they say mailed dozens of letters laced with poop to various Republican politicians, Cleveland.com reported.

Among the politicians was Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio.

Richard John Steinle, 77, received a misdemeanor charge for mailing potentially hazardous material, which carries a punishment of up to a year in prison along with a $100,000 fine.

Between August 2021 and July 2022, Steinle wrote letters to all 25 Republican members of the Ohio Senate and Jordan. In the letters, he called the lawmakers names like "pig" and called them racist, according to Cleveland.com.

Each of the letters contained or had been streaked with feces.

He had also sent lawmakers in Kentucky and Washington, DC, the same letters.

In July, Postal workers came upon three more letters addressed to Ohio politicians at the collection box, Cleveland.com reported. Then, federal investigators decided to stake out Steinle's house and follow him down to the post office five days later.

Investigators witnessed Steinle put on a glove and drop off a letter into the mail collection box. When investigators retrieved the letter, they opened it and found it smeared with what looked like poop. The envelope also contained a $1 bill and a greeting card.

Then investigators found similar letters sent to other government offices in parts of the country, including California.

Steinle's hearing is set for August 25.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ohio-man-accused-of-sending-poop-to-jim-jordan-arrested-2022-8

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
He's in some serious trouble for that crap.

1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
deeeep do-do, for sure.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Are they suggesting that we have NO national standard?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Man, I’ve seen so much of the what and The Who that the republicans are fighting against right now that I can’t remember what they actually are trying to do. Who knows, maybe it’s by design…

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
they're trying to turn this country into:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-told-top-aide-wanted-142024281.html

Trump told top aide he wanted ‘totally loyal’ generals like Hitler had

Donald Trump complained to his most senior aide, then-chief of staff John Kelly, that he wanted the US’s top generals including retired military figures to show him absolute, unquestioning loyalty while specifically pointing to Nazi Germany as an example.

In a bizarre exchange described by reporters for The New Yorker and The New York Times in an upcoming book Mr Trump is said to have asked his top aide, who himself was a four-star general in charge of US Southern Command, “[W]hy can’t you be like the German generals?”

A bewildered Mr Kelly reportedly responded, “Which generals?” to which Mr Trump supposedly shot back, “The German generals in World War II.”

His chief of staff then allegedly told the president, “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?”

_______

1930's germany with a mix of the handmaid's Tale. its pretty clear what they're going for.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
His chief of staff then allegedly told the president, “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?”

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

i just dont understand why they can't use anybody else as their examples. some clown who's running in PA has mention hitler being right or something.

like seriously, there's NO other person they can use to emphasize their feelings other than hitler? not stalin, Mao, Khan, insert decked out african warlord, anybody? it just HAS to be hitler?

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
But when any of us mention anything about trump and hitler together posters on here have a melt down. I guess to them it doesn't matter if trump wanted "his generals" to be like hitler's.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Fascists LIKE Hitler bro. What else can you conclude? Do you know how much crap I've taken and how much crying I've generated by CORRECTLY calling Trump a fascist?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/08/22 02:23 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Today is my meme's a plenty day to try and reach those who need you to draw a picture to aid their comprehension.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/08/22 04:01 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Politico
FBI searches Mar-a-Lago, Trump says

Nicholas Wu and Kyle Cheney
Mon, August 8, 2022, 7:05 PM

The FBI has searched the Mar-a-Lago home of Donald Trump, the former president said in a statement.

“They even broke into my safe,” Trump said on Monday in a lengthy statement describing it as a “raid.”

It was not immediately clear why the agents were present at Mar-a-Lago, but he said it was “under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents.”

“After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,” he said.

The FBI and U.S. Attorney’s offices in Washington and for the Southern District of Florida did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-searches-mar-lago-trump-230506815.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Toilet photos undercut Trump claim he never tried to flush presidential records

David Knowles·Senior Editor
Mon, August 8, 2022, 2:09 PM·3 min read
Maggie Haberman
American journalist

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman released photos on Monday that appear to show that former President Donald Trump tried to dispose of documents by ripping them up and placing them in toilets.

The pictures, which appear to back up Haberman's reporting in her forthcoming book, "Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America," support reporting from multiple news outlets that Trump routinely ripped up documents in violation of the Presidential Records Act.

Haberman obtained the photos, which were first published by Axios and which she also shared with Yahoo News, from sources inside the former administration.

"On the left is a White House toilet, the word 'qualified' and a capital I visible," Haberman wrote in a tweet on Monday. "On the left, a toilet from a Trump trip overseas."

{Photos showing torn pieces of paper at the bottom of toilets.}

Other words on the torn-up sheets of paper, written with a marker, include the name “Stefanik,” in apparent reference to Rep. Elise Stefanik, the House Republican from New York who staunchly defended Trump throughout his second impeachment.

When Haberman first reported Trump's penchant for attempting to dispose of documents and notes by flushing them down the toilet, a practice that staffers said sometimes resulted in clogs requiring a plumber to fix, the former president sternly denied that the allegations were true.

"Also, another fake story, that I flushed papers and documents down a White House toilet, is categorically untrue and simply made up by a reporter in order to get publicity for a mostly fictitious book," Trump said in a statement in February.

On Monday, even after photographic evidence was published that appeared to back up the toilet claims, Trump spokesperson Taylor Budowich continued to try to cast doubt on the story.

"You have to be pretty desperate to sell books if pictures of paper in a toilet bowl is part of your promotional plan," Budowich told Axios.

As part of the Presidential Records Act, U.S. presidents are required by law to preserve letters, emails and work documents and transfer them to the National Archives. After the Jan. 6 House select committee requested presidential records from the National Archives relating to the insurgency at the U.S. Capitol, Trump filed suit to block that transfer of documents, but federal judges and the Supreme Court ruled against the former president.

In February, it was learned that Trump had improperly removed 15 boxes of documents, some of which were labeled "Top Secret," from the White House; he then sent those boxes to Mar-a-Lago, his Florida golf resort. The National Archives requested an investigation into how the documents ended up there. The Archives has since retrieved the boxes.

"The media's characterization of my relationship with NARA [National Archives and Records Administration] is Fake News. It was exactly the opposite! It was a great honor to work with NARA to help formally preserve the Trump Legacy," Trump said in a statement released in February.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/toilet-p...lush-presidential-records-180938739.html

Last edited by Jester; 08/08/22 07:30 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Jester
In February, it was learned that Trump had improperly removed 15 boxes of documents, some of which were labeled "Top Secret," from the White House; he then sent those boxes to Mar-a-Lago, his Florida golf resort. The National Archives requested an investigation into how the documents ended up there. The Archives has since retrieved the boxes.

Hold up. So the NARA has already retrieved those documents that Trump took to MaL, or that's what they're doing now? Article made it sound like archives already got the documents back.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.6

Link Copied to Clipboard