Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Now Playing " The Cleveland Browns Story "

Brought to you by Jimmy Haslam ( 10 yeas straight )

Produced by Andrew Berry

Directed Keven Stefanski

1 member likes this: Baker_Dawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
So are you from the dimension that has John Krazinsky as Mr. Fantastic, or the one where everyone is dead except Dr. Strange?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Goodell trying to change the optics.

Someone outside the league office? What is the point? Why not just abide by Judge Robinson's ruling?

R
Legend
Legend
R
They should try and find a well respected retired federal judge.

8 members like this: oobernoober, ScottPlayersFacemask, Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Thanks. Likewise. Honest question: did the NFL already make the assertion before her that it should be viewed as multiple infractions with one review?

I'm not sure what that has anything to do with here. She based her findings on what the precedent is in former cases involving a single infraction. If the NFL can show it was multiple infractions that opens the door for changing the ruling in regards to the punishment phase.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Now we will hear what a scum bag Buzzbee is yet again. Let the noise begin.

They won. Watson was found to have done the things he was accused of. It was written for all the world to see. He was punished. The entire media is in full mob mentality railing against Watson. The NFL is likely to add to the suspension. And Buzbee's clients, and presumably himself, got paid.

What's the point of the press conference?

Pay attention to what Buzbee and the ladies are saying. Not only are they calling out the NFL to correct Judge Robinson's light suspension, but they are calling out the Texas DA for not interviewing all the alleged victims. I wouldn't be surprised to see a subpoena of some kind to secure the NFL and Hearing records. The pot just got a whole lot hotter for Watson and the Browns.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The one with the crocodile Loki.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If she still made the ruling in the context of it being multiple infractions vs making the ruling in light of it being viewed as one infraction to me would carry some weight.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think I covered that in my response to 05 but I will respond to you as well. Her ruling included that this was the harshest penalty she felt she could based on rulings of a single infraction. that was the precedent she seemed to be relying on. I will agree with you that the principal doesn't give as harsh a punishment for the first time a kid is called into her office. But what is or isn't harsh would be dependent on how many rules the child has broken.

If you don't make it to the principals office until you've broken several rules, it's not the same as a first offense.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05
If she still made the ruling in the context of it being multiple infractions vs making the ruling in light of it being viewed as one infraction to me would carry some weight.

I don't disagree. But as we've seen in the past, such punishments have been handed down for a single infraction previously. It seemed as though that was a factor she weighed in her decision from looking at the report.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The legal definition is different from state to state. There is no one national definition for what "sexual assault" is or is not. That's why there had to be a single definition put in place for the hearing. The definition that was implemented meets the requirements in some states and not in others. This wasn't a matter of her finger pointing at anything. It was simply a matter of her showing the guidelines she was using in making her ruling.

The definition used in the report was created after the incidents, more so if feels like it was created from the investigation of the incidents, and as a result of information found in the investigation. The reason to contrast to Texas specifically is without formal standards set prior to the incidents Texas law should prevail as the incidents occured in Texas.

Using a definition from Hawaii, for instance, makes no sense if Watson has never been there much less received a massage there.

Without formal definitions ever player in the league should be scared. The league can move the bar for what is or isn't sexual assault on a whim, and deprive players of being able to earn their salary.

C
Legend
Legend
C

The last sentence is pretty crucial.

P
Legend
Legend
P
There are 50 states in this nation. The NFL nor 30 of their teams are located in Texas. Texas law has no bearing on this situation. How can you give a definition on a law before knowing you will be holding a hearing concerning such a law? Should the NFL sit down and write the definition of every law that may or may not come up at any point in the future? Your seeing need to place the blame on everyone but the guilty party here seems very odd. Not unusual by any leans, but odd.

So are you saying that the NFL should have expected that one of their players should or would be guilty of sexual assault and prepared for that in advance?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ol' Rog doesn't want to take heat delivering the news. Get a League friendly to deal the blow.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really have a problem with who announces justice as long as justice prevails.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Peter C. Harvey was the first African American to serve as New Jersey Attorney General. Harvey was appointed by New Jersey governor Jim McGreevey as acting attorney general on February 15, 2003, and was confirmed by the New Jersey Senate as attorney general on June 16, 2003. Harvey served until 2006, when he was succeeded by Zulima Farber. Following his resignation as attorney general, he became a partner in the New York City law office of Patterson, Belknap, Webb, and Tyler.

Harvey was one of the advisers to the National Football League in the league's 2017 personal conduct investigation of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. He has been designated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to hear the NFL's appeal of the suspension of Deshaun Watson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_C._Harvey

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

(e)(v)
The Disciplinary Officer’s disciplinary determination will be final and binding subject only to the right of either party to appeal to the Commissioner. The appeal shall be in writing within three business days of the Disciplinary Officer’s decision, and any response to the appeal shall be filed in writing within two business days thereafter. The appeal shall be limited to arguments why, based on the evidentiary record below, the amount of discipline, if any, should be modified. The Commissioner or his designee will issue a written decision that will constitute full, final and complete disposition of the dispute and will be binding upon the player(s), Club(s) and the parties to this Agreement.

There is nothing within the CBA that states "an independent or neutral party" will issue the written decision. It clearly states the Appeal will be heard by The Commissioner or his designee. A negotiated item by the NFLPA in the CBA.

It's also interesting that it's spelled out that "the appeal shall be limited to arguments why, based on the evidentiary record that the amount of discipline, if any, should be modified."

It will be interesting how the NFLPA is going to fight the evidence presented that made Judge Robinson determine that Watson committed multiple infractions of the PCP.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There are 50 states in this nation. The NFL nor 30 of their teams are located in Texas. Texas law has no bearing on this situation. How can you give a definition on a law before knowing you will be holding a hearing concerning such a law? Should the NFL sit down and write the definition of every law that may or may not come up at any point in the future? Your seeing need to place the blame on everyone but the guilty party here seems very odd. Not unusual by any leans, but odd.

So are you saying that the NFL should have expected that one of their players should or would be guilty of sexual assault and prepared for that in advance?

Then why does the NFL have more than one rule? "Don't do anything we don't like" really is all they need in your view. Laws and rules are defined, that's what makes them laws and rules. Without defining it is arbitrary and capricious. If you don't know where the line is, how do you know you won't cross it?

This is not a novel or new concept. Do you not have laws in TN that provide boundaries on what is legal or not?

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Then why does the NFL have more than one rule? "Don't do anything we don't like" really is all they need in your view. Laws and rules are defined, that's what makes them laws and rules. Without defining it is arbitrary and capricious. If you don't know where the line is, how do you know you won't cross it?

This is not a novel or new concept. Do you not have laws in TN that provide boundaries on what is legal or not?

So, what you're saying is the NFL is responsible for letting Watson know that even though he knows that abusing women is not approved by the NFL or society, the NFL is responsible for letting Watson know that 1 abuse is a minimum six-week suspension, 5 abuses constitute double that making it 10-weeks, 10 abuses making it 20-weeks, and so on. That way Watson would have known that he was getting in the danger zone of missing 2 years or more. You have to be kidding me. I get it, then Watson could say, "hey, I'm stopping at 8 so I won't lose the whole year" - LOL

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by steve0255

So, what you're saying is the NFL is responsible for letting Watson know that even though he knows that abusing women is not approved by the NFL or society, the NFL is responsible for letting Watson know that 1 abuse is a minimum six-week suspension, 5 abuses constitute double that making it 10-weeks, 10 abuses making it 20-weeks, and so on. That way Watson would have known that he was getting in the danger zone of missing 2 years or more. You have to be kidding me. I get it, then Watson could say, "hey, I'm stopping at 8 so I won't lose the whole year" - LOL

No I am saying not having a definition means they can make anything they like fit the narrative. It isn't about numbers, it is about the behavior and what crosses a line.

Do you know what DUI is in your state? How about let's not have an actual definition and let the cop just decide how they see fit.

Where I work they have taken the time to delineate what is acceptable and what isn't. It really isn't hard, and it isn't novel.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have only followed this peripherally. Can someone explain to me exactly what Watson has been accused of? And I don't want to hear sexual misconduct or sexual assault. Those are legal terms. I want a description of the things he did to understand what is so egregious. The reports I see are not very specific. From what I have come across, he has at a minimum gotten a boner during massages and tried to get a happy ending. At the maximum, he didn't rape anyone and wasn't violent. There is a whole lot of middle ground. I don't understand how what he did was any worse than what Kraft did let alone what roethlisberger was accused of.

If the description is too vulgar to put on this forum feel free to PM me.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by steve0255

No I am saying not having a definition means they can make anything they like fit the narrative. It isn't about numbers, it is about the behavior and what crosses a line.

Do you know what DUI is in your state? How about let's not have an actual definition and let the cop just decide how they see fit.

Where I work they have taken the time to delineate what is acceptable and what isn't. It really isn't hard, and it isn't novel.

No person should have any issue with abusing a woman is crossing the line and is not acceptable. Abusing 24-30 women is a serial abuser and shouldn't need any explanation or guidelines. To your point, the state you are in becomes your responsibility to know the law. The state has no obligation to inform you of the laws in that state. If you get pulled over in Ohio where the drunk driving law is .08 but you're from Indiana where that same law is .10, do you get a lighter sentence because you didn't know the law was different in Ohio? If you drink 2 bottles of vodka and get behind the wheel, you already know that you have violated the laws of every state. There's no way in hell that anyone can present a valid argument that Watson was unaware that abusing 24-30 women was a major violation of the PCP and was subjecting himself to major penalties no matter where he committed the act.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Goodell trying to change the optics.

Someone outside the league office? What is the point? Why not just abide by Judge Robinson's ruling?

They do have the right to appeal.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I get the point now. Hell, this guy was on part of the group that suspended Elliot, where they would not even allow the lead investigator to be present at the hearing an didn't use her report that showed texts of his accuser talking about blackmailing Zeke. Watson and the Browns are toast.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know and that isn't how I meant it. I was wondering why they were choosing someone outside of the league office. It doesn't matter now. Watson is toast.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe.

It could be probable.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
This is all a done deal at this point. It’s been a farce from the start.

I’m not saying Watson is innocent … heck maybe he deserves a severe sentence … but the idea that this was ever going to be a fair process is idiotic

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Buzbee lie? Never!

Legend
Legend
Buzbee is a clout chaser and money grabber. The fact that the women are connected with him makes them less credible in my eyes.

If I were to guess, a majority of the accusers piled onto the lawsuit after it gained steam.

Just a hunch.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
That isn't a hunch. It's exactly what happened. They could all be true stories. I don't know. But yes, that is how it went down.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Buzbee lie? Never!

I can't verify if this is the same "woman with a son" story -- if it is, Buzbee interviewed the woman and did not accept her as a client. That story had legs a while ago and was put to bed. It seems to me that it's the same story being rehashed to throw mud in the water - but I can't verify. And to be fair - you and some others aren't really interested in the truth just so long as you can throw shade at Buzbee and deflect from Watson.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/...ent-accuser-who-had-son-undermine-claims

Last edited by mgh888; 08/04/22 06:36 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: PitDAWG, Dave
V
Legend
Legend
V
Shouting people down and trying to silence their opinions because you don't agree with them doesn't seem in keeping with the board's purpose.

I like that even though the syntax is terrible. I think it will make a good sig.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/04/22 06:51 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Shouting people down and trying to silence their opinions because you don't agree with them doesn't seem in keeping with the board's purpose.

I like that even though the syntax is terrible. I think it will make a good sig.

That's cute.

So you aren't man enough to actually address me.
And you claim to block me but clearly still read my posts.
Funny that when I provided a post that was informative about the story about a woman with a son who wasn't Buzbee's client (after you claimed Buzbee lied) - you try to insinuate it was shouting people down.
Funny that you need to try to become the grammar police in order to try to insult someone. Personally I think the sentence reads just fine, you can educate me as to why it isn't.

You have been proven so completely wrong on the Watson situation that the only 'go to' you have is to claim people expressing a different opinion are trying to shout you down. You keep spamming that when people simply express an opinion. And it is so incredibly typical "Vers" that - after you endlessly claimed this was a witch hunt, implying Watson was innocent - and then you tried to get the board to all buy into accepting Sue Robinson's verdict ... that now the verdict is in and she has unequivocally stated Watson is guilty on many fronts, you are trying to not acknowledge or accept Sue Robinson's findings.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dave
Harvey was one of the advisers to the National Football League in the league's 2017 personal conduct investigation of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. He has been designated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to hear the NFL's appeal of the suspension of Deshaun Watson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_C._Harvey

Well, it was nice knowing ya, Deshaun!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Starting to feel the reality set in.

Yes, "toast".

Best case scenario is to win a suit against the NFL in the hopes of a reduction to 8-10 games. Even 12 would let Watson see some action and shake off the rust... If not he will have gone 32 months without live action by next September.

I wouldn't petition to be eligible to play -- start serving the suspension now.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
j/c:

Lol! I'm starting to love Buzbee. Dude cries crocodile tears about how nobody was calling and after he gets paid says he wasn't taking the NFL'S calls.

Dude probably got paid so much he doesn't have to give a flip for years.

-PrplPplEater
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum watson-suspended-6-games 2

Link Copied to Clipboard