Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Legend
Legend
M
I meant to comment on this the other day - I think most of us have some form of savings and retirement funds and we've seen them go down before a more recent recovery.

I don't need to get into the dates or details to know that this isn't a politics thing, it's not a Dem ideology tanking the economy vs a Republican ideology ... it's covid and supply chain shortages worldwide. Every Nation on earth has been through or is going through the same thing. The war in Ukraine had an impact also. Do you actually think Biden has the power to impact every nation on earth?

Inflation is a different topic - obviously high inflation is a double whammy, but just like the economy crashing... it's global and not a politics thing. We cry foul here in the US - in the UK they currently have a cost of living inflation rate at over 10%.

I liken this very much to the Covid conspiracy theories that went around at the last election ... that the vaccine and Covid was being used to oust Trump. People need to stop thinking on such insular level and look at the big picture sometimes to appreciate what and where the influences are coming from.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
OK Like I always say I am down the Middle. I lien right on some things and left on others. So could somebody on the left please tell me why I should keep leaning that way sometimes??? During the last 3 years the republicans were in office my wife's retirement fund made over $36,000 the last two years she has lost over $38,000. What in the hell is wrong with this picture???

sometimes it depends on the funds you're invested in, if you actively manage your own portfolio, and if you've focused on growth vs income. also, the last 2 years we've also had a pandemic, a war in eastern europe, huge supply chain issues globally, and other issues, so those things don't get fixed overnight.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1964529 08/22/22 10:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by GMdawg
OK Like I always say I am down the Middle. I lien right on some things and left on others. So could somebody on the left please tell me why I should keep leaning that way sometimes??? During the last 3 years the republicans were in office my wife's retirement fund made over $36,000 the last two years she has lost over $38,000. What in the hell is wrong with this picture???

sometimes it depends on the funds you're invested in, if you actively manage your own portfolio, and if you've focused on growth vs income. also, the last 2 years we've also had a pandemic, a war in eastern europe, huge supply chain issues globally, and other issues, so those things don't get fixed overnight.

I agree.... thankfully, unless you are retired, I look at down markets as stocks going on sale... just keep buying and stick to the plan...

<><

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Retirement funds

Link Copied to Clipboard