Rhetoric or common sense... you've obviously made your choice. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
area of concern to me:

Zuckerberg insisted that Facebook users were "still allowed to share" the Post's reporting on the Hunter Biden laptop ..... but acknowledged that the "ranking in [the] news feed was a little bit less" and that "fewer people saw it than would've otherwise."

"By what percentage?" Rogan asked.

"I don't know off the top of my head, but it's- it's meaningful," Zuckerberg responded... We just kind of thought hey look, if the FBI, which I still view is a legitimate institution in this country, it's a very professional law enforcement- they come to us and tell us that we need to be on guard about something then I want to take that seriously."

When asked if there was any "regret" about suppressing a story that turned out be factual, Zuckerberg replied, "Yeah, yeah. I mean, it sucks."

---

According to Johnson, "individuals with knowledge" of the Hunter Biden case told his office that the investigation was intentionally slowed on orders from "local FBI leadership."

---

In the final weeks of the 2020 presidential election, both Big Tech and the liberal media suppressed the bombshell revelations that emerged from Hunter Biden's laptop.

Both Zuckerberg and then-Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey expressed regret for their actions limiting the distribution of the New York Post's reporting and several news organizations including The New York Times, The Washington Post, NBC News and Politico have since verified the authenticity of the laptop.

So I am not paying close attention to the story because I don't think it's all that big of a story. Facebook not "promoting" a story is the same as Fox News not covering a positive news story about the Dems - or MSNBC not giving Trump any positive airplay on any single part of his administration. Do I think the big social media outlets need regulating? Yes - how to do that I do not know. But they are clearly poweful influencers and at minimum should be treated the same as news agencies if they have the power (they do) to promote or restrict access to stories.

That said - specifically with this story - please correct me if I have missed something..... the story is what Facebook did. The Government did not and cannot dictate what FB does. Zuckerberg was asked if the laptop was specifically mentioned as a Russian Fake story to supress and he deflected and did NOT say the FBI talked to FB about this one story. So these claims by some here that it is FACT that the GOVERNMENT shut the HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP story down is completely incorrect and based on 2+2=5.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/28/22 12:54 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
area of concern to me:

Zuckerberg insisted that Facebook users were "still allowed to share" the Post's reporting on the Hunter Biden laptop ..... but acknowledged that the "ranking in [the] news feed was a little bit less" and that "fewer people saw it than would've otherwise."

"By what percentage?" Rogan asked.

"I don't know off the top of my head, but it's- it's meaningful," Zuckerberg responded... We just kind of thought hey look, if the FBI, which I still view is a legitimate institution in this country, it's a very professional law enforcement- they come to us and tell us that we need to be on guard about something then I want to take that seriously."

When asked if there was any "regret" about suppressing a story that turned out be factual, Zuckerberg replied, "Yeah, yeah. I mean, it sucks."

---

According to Johnson, "individuals with knowledge" of the Hunter Biden case told his office that the investigation was intentionally slowed on orders from "local FBI leadership."

---

In the final weeks of the 2020 presidential election, both Big Tech and the liberal media suppressed the bombshell revelations that emerged from Hunter Biden's laptop.

Both Zuckerberg and then-Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey expressed regret for their actions limiting the distribution of the New York Post's reporting and several news organizations including The New York Times, The Washington Post, NBC News and Politico have since verified the authenticity of the laptop.

The Government did not and cannot dictate what FB does.

if you really believe that... I got just the car for you!

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Rhetoric or common sense... you've obviously made your choice. wink

The difference must be that I can read. Zuckerberg made it clear he didn't recall them ever mentioning Hunter's laptop story. It's not ambiguous. A reach of epic proportions based on a clear statement that someone can't even remember being told about a story people claim he needed to silence is obvious. Concluding otherwise isn't rooted in common sense.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
if you really believe that... I got just the car for you!

Well FB is part of the Deep State and Aluminati Apparatus ... so ...

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
A reach of epic proportions

Oh, man... always good for a ROFL. You're a treasure, Pit. wink

Legend
Legend
that was the entire point of my response. good god dude.

if you dont care about nepotism from trump, why should i care about nepotism from biden? neither kid was on the ballot.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, Zuckerberg openly admitted he didn't even recall them mentioning the Hunter Biden story and you think someone pointing out the obvious to you is funny. I have to give you credit for having a vivid imagination if nothing else.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Got it, you don't care about corruption if the other guy's side is corrupt as well. So, Biden lied and was on the ballot... that doesn't matter either because Trump lied too! thumbsup

Talk about high standards lol.

Legend
Legend
if both lied, then its a wash, right?

im supposed to care about both sides when you dont even care about both sides. stop being fake.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Yep, lol "it's a wash". And I'm fake.

1 member likes this: Swish
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
Yep, lol "it's a wash". And I'm fake.

Quoted for the hell of it, because I love it when GOPers quit. wink

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl The hypocrisy in this thread is comical. rofl

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I struggle with expression and communication, too. Especially on a message board. Hence me probably interchanging the words “issue” and “laptop.” I love hanging out on a barstool. I do enjoy craft beer and bourbon, although believe it or not, I’m not liberal. I think I’ve expressed a lot more frustrations with the Republicans as a whole lately, much like DC has (wherever he is) given everything that has gone on. My issues with the Democrats have been the same issues I’ve experienced with them for a while now.

I’m not frustrated with you at all. I get frustrated with conversations and subjects but rarely with people I respect.

I was asking in earnest what the FBI had done wrong, because from this story, it looked like Zuckerberg implicated them and then backed off when asked directly. To me, that’s not much to go on as far as censoring the story goes. I also don’t know what the FBI might have found from that investigation, and I know they typically don’t release stuff when it’s leading to something. All speculation though.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
rofl The hypocrisy in this thread is comical. rofl

It's nice that you can safely not try to join the discussion but laugh from the outside. You and Frank need to collaborate more, peas out of the same pod by the looks of it. Of course - the original claims about the government shutting down a story about Hunter are 100% incorrect per the words out of Zuckerberg's mouth.

I'll stand by what I've said. Both about the need to regulate social media platforms that can influence and manipulate their customers. And my first comment of the thread:

Originally Posted by mgh888
Not going to defend Hunter Biden - Not going to believe or trust anything out of Zuckerberg's mouth. Also not going to believe in a deep state where the FBI is acting on behalf of political elites and trying to keep some in power.

Meh.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/28/22 07:25 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Hunter Biden is a piece of crap too, but he never ran for President that I can remember. And I don't think Biden himself did anything that would have altered the outcome of the election. So IMHO, as DTJ would say, "It's a nothing burger". However, if there is MORE to the story, there are reputable news agencies that don't necessarily like Biden or Trump that would have eviscerated Hunter by now. So all I really see in this thread is Faux News trying to distract or stir up controversy where there is none. But hey, "what-about-her-emails?", is always a fun topic for the extreme right, so have at it dawgs.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/28/22 09:06 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And that seems to be the problem here isn't it? I have no idea what they found on hunter's laptop. If he's guilty of something by all means go after him like you should anyone engaged in criminal activity. But it was plainly shown coming directly out of Zuckerberg's own mouth that he has no recollection of the FBI ever mentioning the Hunter Biden story as part of the Russian information they were discussing. I mean it's a direct quote from him.

And let's look at this for a minute. The director of the FBI is a trump appointee. Not some left wing liberal appointed by Biden to undermine the Republican party and cover up for his son. But when it comes to conspiracy theories they go to any lengths trying to invent one. And no matter how far fetched it is, they convince themselves to believe it as well.

Like yourself, I'm certainly not saying hunter Biden is innocent. But trying to manufacture a story that plainly states even Zuckerberg himself denies the FBI asked him to keep the story off of FB, they still can't understand that's what they're reading.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mark Zuckerberg tells Joe Rogan FBI warned Facebook of 'Russian propaganda' before Hunter Biden laptop story

Link Copied to Clipboard