Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Their offense is as inept as their defense is outstanding.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Ohio state 47- iowa I0.

Offenze woke up, 3 play drives for last two td'z.

If I had to guezz, earlier in the game the trying to inzert Jaxon Zmith Njigba into a WR room that had gotten used to ... each role,
kind of upset the apple cart of the Buckeye offense

He, Njigba, limped a little at the half and coach waz clear he wouldn't play in the 2nd half, and maybe with rolez returned,
the Bukeye offense returned to knowing what they were doing.

47-ten Buckeye lead with twelve minutez to play in the 4th @uarter.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Ohio state 54- Iowa I0
7:59 remains in the 4th @uarter.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
IOWA's Defense is Legit ....
But Ohio state had a pick 6 of their own in the first half. Out turnovered the game 6+ geesh to 2, a ton of turnoverz. on the day

And Ohio state did not give up a point in the 2nd half. halftime 26-I0 final score 54-I0 Ohio state over iowa in Columbus.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 10/22/22 03:32 PM.

Legend
Legend
Iowa’s offense is unbelievable

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was a little annoyed that we got "caught" by the draw play a couple times on 3rd and long. People I was watching with were talking about the obvious passing situation and the potential for a sack or INT. I was like, "have we been watching the same Iowa offense? They're going to run the draw." This was right before the long draw with the forward fumble that Eichenerg and Jean-Baptiste couldn't corral at the sideline. Not only was the offense bad, it was bad in ways that made/make it predictable. Bad QB play, OL not holding up in pass pro, did they even have a WR catch a pass? I only remember TEs getting completions. 3rd and long, the draw was/is their best chance, though still not a good one.

...If only my predictive powers applied to fantasy football or point spreads....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Now for a big one: at PSU. Tough atmosphere heading into the game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jfanent
Their offense is as inept as their defense is outstanding.

Iowa looked pretty slow.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
--Iowa does have a very good defense. I think they were 3rd in the country coming into the game. They play smart, sound football and trust their corners to cover well so they can create havoc between the hashes. That's a well-coached defense.

--Their offense is pathetic and has been all year. Thus, I'll say this w/a little trepidation........our defense looks light years ahead of the D we had the past two years. Knowles is a great defensive coach and his imprint on the team is showing. I'm still worried about our corners against big-time passing attacks, but the D is much more sound this year and swarms to the ball.

--Stroud had his worst game. Only one pick, but he threw some others that could have been picked and one was negated due to off-setting penalties. He also fumbled and that was returned to for Iowa's only TD. He did get hot in the second half.

--Our WRs are second to none. We keep trotting guy after guy out there. Marvin Harrison reminds me a lot of Justin Jefferson.

--It was a strange game because it was like our O was disappointing for most of the game and you look up and final was 54-10.

Legend
Legend
That’s the scary part … still had 54 points. PSU or Michigan have to be concerned about simply being able to score enough

T
Legend
Legend
T
People in the PA crowd look like they all have greasy hair. Nobody, (that I ever saw,) from Pennsylvania, had fluffy hair.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Ohio Ztate, 44-3I win, their ztreak, of consecutive gamez with 45 or more pointz comez to an end at 6? or 7? (6)
their ztreak of scoring 44 or more continuez at 7? or ?? 7.

That game waz cloze and mozt of the day I waz pretty zure PZU would win, probabaly.
But, it waz 30-2I,? (24 they juzt kicked the FG) and I went into the $$ and came out ten minutez later and it waz 44-24, (they were kicking the extra point.
Man. and Illinoiz too? the Big IG iz a tuff road indeed.

Legend
Legend
I admit that I was really worried for quite a while today .... crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Harrison, Stroud, and JTT .. wow

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That was an entertaining game and I found it to be nerve-wracking. We had all kinds of warts and it was one of those days where it didn't seem as if it were meant to be. For example, they miss a kick and the play doesn't count because they had a pre-snap penalty. They miss the second kick and we get a weird penalty that gives them another chance. Then, they go for it instead and make it. Some bad spots by the officials. A fumble they recover by the goal line. Another fumble they recover on a kickoff. Crazy day.

--We can just score so quickly. The analogy by the announcer of us being like an avalanche is a good one.

--Harrison is establishing himself as perhaps the best WR in college. It's amazing what he's done in the absence of JSN, who was considered the best. Imagine when we get him back?

--JTT had one of the most incredible games I have ever seen. This guy made big play after big play. He might be the #1 overall pick when the time comes.

--Our running game needs to improve if we want to win it all.

--The defense gave up some points, but we are light years ahead of the last two years. The coaching of Knowles has been a huge asset. We are in better position and we swarm to the ball.

--Gotta get better at handling the play clock.

--Very good win in a tough atmosphere.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

That was a good game to watch. Competitive, not a blow-out like they usually are. Ohio State came back towards the end, strong as ever. Good job!

Legend
Legend
Jaylahn Tuimoloau with one of the best performances in Ohio State history. Hell, probably one of best defensive performances I've ever seen. Two sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, TWO interceptions -- one a pick six. He batted another pass in the air that was intercepted by a teammate. Not a bad day's work for a DE.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
I think the first half of the Iowa game showed, You don't want Jaxon smith Njigba back.
no matter how good he is, the evidence appearz, When he came back it threw a monkey wrench into the whole group, and the whole group took a major knock in effectiveness.
The O, fell apart when JsN took the field, and it included a group metric not just one player.
so, be careful what you wish for.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by FATE
Jaylahn Tuimoloau with one of the best performances in Ohio State history. Hell, probably one of best defensive performances I've ever seen. Two sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, TWO interceptions -- one a pick six. He batted another pass in the air that was intercepted by a teammate. Not a bad day's work for a DE.
WOW
sounds like a good @uarter for Clay Mathews Jr. circa I985. wink
Did he block a kick? Clay would have blocked a kick. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Lol. Yes, he also blocked two kicks... with a Clay Matthews autographed cast on his arm.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
At NW next week … that’ll be a snooze fest most likely

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

One thing I will say based on what I've seen as of late. When it all comes down in the playoffs, and maybe even before then, you can't play one half or one quarter of productive football against the best teams in the nation. OSU better figure out how to string four quarters of good football together and soon.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
At NW next week � that�ll be a snooze fest most likely
I had a feeling, so I had to go back and double check.

in 20I7, The Buckeyez beat Penn st.by one. 39-38.

season over, In the bag? a snooze remaining right??

THEY LOZT 24-55 the NEXT week after beating Penn st. TO IOWA in 20I7

They went to Iowa and gave up 55 pointz.

They wen to Iowa and gave up 55 pointz. I'm sure, Northwestern would be HAPPY to take advantage of a sleeping buckeye team,
without their running back

who have spent 2 @uarterz of each of the last 2 gamez

struggling TO FIND WAYZ TO sCore pointz.

If you want to sleep on Northweztern then enjoy 3rd place in the conference and the outback bowl.

Legend
Legend
Haha we’ll see

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
At NW next week � that�ll be a snooze fest most likely
I had a feeling, so I had to go back and double check.

struggling TO FIND WAYZ TO sCore pointz.

I bet a lot of teams would love to "struggle" scoring like Ohio State .... 98 points in the last 2 Games 49 points a game rofl

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
You still seem to ignore that they can't string together all four quarters in a game. That won't work against top teams. They need to figure that out.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not ignoring anything I know that at anytime and from any place on the field this team can score ... I think you are ignoring the fact that they scored those 98 points on 2 of the top rated defenses in America superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Good point. Iowa's offense stinks, but they have a very good D. Penn State is a quality team all the way around. The Buckeyes are just so explosive on offense. They can score at any moment w/multiple players. And Knowles is such a breath of fresh air. We might not have the best D, but it's light years better than the crap we've watched the last two years. Knowles is a damn fine coach.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
j/c

One thing I will say based on what I've seen as of late. When it all comes down in the playoffs, and maybe even before then, you can't play one half or one quarter of productive football against the best teams in the nation. OSU better figure out how to string four quarters of good football together and soon.

I know what you mean. I watched Michigan play Penn State a few weeks ago and Michigan dominated that whole game. OSU struggled against the lions in that first half.

B
Legend
Legend
B
The deal with the Buckeyes is the same as it has been for the last 50 years. Avoid a slip against one of the inferior teams, then beat Michigan. After the Bucks and Mich, the Big 10 doesn't offer much resistance. Usually there is 1 other team in there who has a run of a few years of being good they may need to beat.

Win out, beat Michigan and they will get a crack at the prize. Don't worry about BCS rankings other than the final 4 grouping. Now next year, seeding might make a difference with 12 teams in the playoff, especially if you get a home game or bye....not sure if they do or not.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Not ignoring anything I know that at anytime and from any place on the field this team can score ... I think you are ignoring the fact that they scored those 98 points on 2 of the top rated defenses in America superconfused

Who have those teams played that gave them those rankings? When you ignore teams building great stats by playing inferior talent it gives you a false sense of reality. OSU hasn't put four quarters of solid football together in a single game this season. If you wish to fool yourself into believing that formula will beat teams like Ga. and Tenn. you are entitled to set yourself up for disappointment. So Iowa has a great defense? Let's look at how they earned that ranking shall we?

Teams they faced thus far to claim having such a great defense up until they played OSU.....

Iowa State, Nevada, Rutgers, playing a good team in Michigan they gave up 27 points, Illinois. So the only good team they played was Michigan and they gave up 27 points. The rest of these teams were scrubs. That isn't to say their defense is terrible. It does mean you can build an impressive resume playing inferior talent.

I would just like to start seeing OSU put together four good quarters of football when they play scrubs.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wouldn't worry to much about OSU, every team struggles at some point during the season. Tennessee had to go to overtime to beat a not so good Pitt. team and struggled with Florida. Georgia struggled to score in the second half against Kent St. and struggled to put points on the board against Missouri until late in the 4th quarter.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
There are exceptions to the rule then there is the rule itself. So far OSU hasn't put together four good quarters in a game all year. If it were only a single game or even two as your examples show the other teams you pointed out it wouldn't be such an issue. That's not the cae here. OSU has played some gimme games and still couldn't put together four solid offensive quarters.

I'm a huge OSU fan but I'm not in denial over what I've seen on the field.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Really? I know we struggled against Notre Dame and against Iowa and Penn St. we had to settle for FGs instead of the TDs we are used to, but in all the other games the offense was more than fine. You also have to consider the fact that in a few of our games because we had a big lead the 2nd, 3rd, and in some cases 4th string players played most of the 4th quarter and that we also went run heavy to eat up the clock.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
I've watched more than my share of college football this season, and very few of the top rated teams put together 4 great quarters of football against quality opponents. The lone example given here was Michigan/Ohio St against Penn St. and even then MI was up only 16-14 at the half....and we won by a bigger margin and scored more points. Try comparing the box scores from the Michigan State games. We can turn it up whenever necessary. After week 1, our lowest output was 44 pts on the road at Happy Valley.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
We are ranked second in the country. It's like some people don't want folks to enjoy anything.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's like some people don't want to look at things from both perspectives and only wish to paint everything with lollipops and roses.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Man, I am kinda glad that Dish is having a dispute with ABC, so I can't see what appears to be one mess of a game.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Ugly game for the Buckeyes. The weather was crazy. We looked bad almost all game long.

I hate when ESPN/ABC announcers do our games [other than Fowler/Herbstreit] because they are always trying to drop us in the rankings. Yet, when Alabama escapes w/narrow victories it's about how resilient they are. This network alliance is tough because it creates bias.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
I was never comfortable not having a dual threat QB like we've had in the past. Stroud is probably one of the best pocket passer's in collage today but after watching my Buckeye's these last two weeks it wouldn't hurt the coach to install a few more running plays for C.J....yes he looks awkward and not very nimble but he saved our butt a few times in that game.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum The Ohio State Football Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard