Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Stroud needs to improve; need him to run more seems reasonable. We looked bad at first again. Weather was horrible, but NW looked great in places on the same field. Not sure what has been going on last three games, but some lame calls in the run game.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
It was ugly. Real ugly. I know some lambasted me when I commented this team needs to learn how to put four quarters of quality football together but its true. Sure the weather was bad. But they were facing a 1-7 Northwestern team. There's no reason they shouldn't have been able to run all over them in the two quarters they were facing the wind.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't lambast you, I just didn't agree that they didn't have a single game all season where they played a full 4 quarters, and yes they stunk it up yesterday. They seemed to have the attitude that all they had to do was show up yesterday to win.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Man, I am kinda glad that Dish is having a dispute with ABC, so I can't see what appears to be one mess of a game.

Same thought... I was at the Texas A&M game so couldn't watch the Bucks... glad we won.. but hoping we start to play better...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

During the radio broadcast, Paul Keels and Jim Lachey were talking quite a bit about this. The refs called a delay of game penalty as of a result. Bot Keels and Lachey remarked that fans were booing after the flag. It didn't seem to them that the fans booing was directing their boos it at the refs, but for the players "celebrating" too long., Anyone else catch this?

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Thought they were booing the refs...

Great moment... and man! that catch by Harrison!!! amazing body control...

overall, great game... great bounce back from a questionable game last week... got get the whole team clicking... the team up north is lurking and they are looking good!

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Awesome moment.

From The Athletic...

Wide receiver Kamryn Babb got his moment. The fifth-year senior has dealt with four ACL surgeries in his career at Ohio State. He scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter, an 8-yard grab from C.J. Stroud. The entire stadium erupted into celebration.

Stroud approached coach Ryan Day before the play and suggested the ball go to Babb. Day agreed right away.

“What happened today in the stadium is magical,” Day said. “That’s one of the reasons why college football is special. That’s one of the reasons you coach, to see something like that happen. Hopefully there’s somebody out there going through tough times that can see that as motivation to overcome.”

If you needed any evidence about what Babb means to the program, the reaction from his teammates told the story. The Buckeyes took a delay of game penalty after the touchdown to celebrate with him. He was surrounded by teammates in the end zone, and the celebration continued on the sideline and throughout the next defensive possession.

Stroud said it was hard to put into words how much Babb means to the team.

“He has inspired me,” Stroud said. “I know his phone is blowing up with JK (Dobbins) Chris (Olave) and people tapping into him because everybody has been felt by Babb. Chase Young, Justin Fields, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, I know all of them are really happy for my guy. That will tell you every year he has left a legacy.”

After he scored his touchdown, Babb fell to his knees to commemorate the moment.

“The past five years it’s been a dream of mine whenever I catch a touchdown, whenever that is, to get on my knees and praise Jesus Christ,” Babb said.

Babb was a four-star receiver out of St. Louis in the Class of 2018. It’s been a long road, but he finally had a moment to remember.

4 members like this: PitDAWG, mac, Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
One final tune up next week at Maryland

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
If only Ohio State could string 4 good quarters together. wink

Great game. Glad Grateful and Milk made the posts about Babb. That was one of the most touching moments I've seen in awhile. To see the reaction of Babb's teammates was so inspirational and touching. I actually got tears in my eyes. Kid has endured 4 ACL's. Stuff like that makes college football special.

Some thoughts on the game:

--I have to admit that Harrison Jr. didn't impress me last year during the regular season. This guy is unreal. He might be the best WR in college football. Klatt predicted he'll be the best WR in the NFL. No idea how he made that catch along the sideline yesterday. The body contortion was unreal on a pass that should have sailed over his head. He also looks to be a great teammate. He's always there for other guys.

--The backup RT looked better than the starter he replaced. Much more fundamentally sound.

--Williams had 147 yards and it was only the 2nd quarter. It sucked to see him on crutches.

--Check out the video that Grateful posted about Johnson's 70+ yd TD. The announcers mentioned Harrison's block, but Fleming had a great one, too. Our WRs block.

--Knowles has made such a tremendous difference. Our D was pathetic the last two years. He has them playing inspired football and they are much more fundamentally sound.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Glad you noticed what they will need to do in order to beat the better teams. I was wondering how long it would take you. And yes, they finally did after weeks of not being able to.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
RB Trevon Henderzon zeemz unreliable and ztallz drivez.
not cool, put someone elze in.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
It wasn’t pretty bud we have the matchup we’ve all waited for

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
We got the win. Look at Tennessee getting blown out by S. Carolina of all people. It's tough to win week in and week out. Us Ohio State fans are spoiled by just how good this team is. Ryan Day has commented that just one loss equates to a "bad season." Crazy.

Some thoughts:

--We ran the ball better w/Hayden and Henderson and I think I know why. While Henderson is more explosive, he doesn't square his shoulders to the LOS quickly enough. Instead, he tries to bounce plays where his shoulders are facing the sidelines. That's something you learn in high school and maybe even middle school in good programs. You are so much easier to tackle if you are running w/shoulders facing the sidelines. Hayden runs forward and hits the hole much quicker. He doesn't need as much space.

--Our D-line is looking much better. We get pressure on the qb that often results in big plays.

--Safeties are looking good.

--Corners worry me a bit. Especially Burke.

--Linebackers playing very well.

--#79 was back at RT. Dude is massive, but I thought his backup played better last week than 79 has all season.

--Hope the injury to the RG is not serious.

--Little disappointed in the passing game.

--The play clock has been an issue multiple times this year.

--We are well coached, however. And we have talent out the blank.

--Congrats to the team for not laying an egg that resulted in a loss all season long and heading into the The Game w/a chance to advance.

Legend
Legend
Speaking of Tennessee … what a fall from grace. I saw them vs Bama and thought they looked unbelievable. A month later and they can’t do anything on defense

T
Legend
Legend
T
Ezpn really hatez the Buckeyez. Juzt consider the overnight coverage on xuen radio.
They didn't play the highlightz from the Ohio state game despite claiming they struggled.
Here iz what happened.
Ohio state had a 27-I3 lead after the 3rd @uarter, after trailing by 3 at halftime, I3-I0.
Then Maryland got a TD, and went for 2 whilst the Buckeyez were kind of thinking the game waz over and the Buckz were going to run away with it.

s But the buckeyes got a touchdown @uick, and it waz 33-2I, because Maryl had gotten the 2 pt.conv.
Then,
The Buckeyez were going to go for 2, and got a penalty, and then the extra point blocked, and they took it all the way down for 2 point to Maryland, (not against the defense) so a 33-23 point Buckeye lead.
Then,
at zome point Maryland got another td, 33-30 Ohio state lead

Then with I:39 to go Ohio state had made Maryl uze all their timoutz and the Buckeyez had the ball on the Maryland 40, and
at zome point the Buckeyez got a FG,
and then
When Maryland got a chance with few seconds left the Buckeyez took the ball away and ran it into the end zone
and made the XP for a final score of 43 to 30.

which was misreported on xpn radio as to 40. The Buckeyez scored ten pointz in the last ninety seconds.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 11/20/22 12:37 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I’d assume Gameday is going to Columbus this weekend

Legend
Legend
Michigan week... and two undefeated top five teams... should be a good game...

<><

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Great matchup between two excellent teams that boast the most heated rivalry in college football.

I worry about this game because TUN's strengths are on the offensive and defensive lines. They are very physical. We are more of a finesse team w/great athletes and scheme. Last year we were exposed in frigid temperatures and snow. They ran it down our throats. We were just a tad off on offense.

I just checked the forecast and it's supposed to be 47 degrees and sunny. That's a plus for us. Glad it isn't a bad-weather game. We saw what happened at Northwestern in such conditions.

I wonder if Miyan Williams will be available for this game? I think we will need him. It would also be great to get JSN back, but I doubt that happens.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Haven't missed an watching an Ohio State vs "that team up north" game "IN YEEEEARS".

A teacher of mine started on the 68? Nat Champ Team. The Woody Hayes stories we heard were hilarious.

Sat, 11/26, 12:00 PM

MICH(11-0)
Money Line +240
Point Spread +7.5
O 57

OSU(11-0)
Money Line -300
Point Spread -7.5
U 57

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
I’m liking Michigan with the points. I just think it’ll be a close game, less than a score. Something like OSU 26 Michigan 23

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
[quote=Versatile Dog]Great matchup between two excellent teams that boast the most heated rivalry in college football.

''I worry about this game because TUN's strengths are on the offensive and defensive lines. They are very physical. We are more of a finesse team w/great athletes and scheme. Last year we were exposed in frigid temperatures and snow. They ran it down our throats. We were just a tad off on offense.''

I've watched many of Michigan's games and all of OSU's. I agree with you on this. I think Michigan will have the edge in controlling both lines of scrimmage. Finding running lanes might be difficult so I'm expecting Stroud to pass a lot.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I am not happy that both tOSU and Georgia play at noon. I am not in party mode at noon. Why the heck did they do this? People have things to do on Saturday. Why not put it in the evening.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I’m happy with the 7 am time. An afternoon/night game means my late morning/afternoon is gone smile

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
2 members like this: jfanent, ScottPlayersFacemask
T
Legend
Legend
T
Why would they not throw it until you stop them.

B
Legend
Legend
B

The thrashing today probably isn't going to help that.

A loss might not have hurt, but with the way the Bucs fell apart, that isn't going to help against other 1 loss teams.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Boy did Ryan Day coach scared. He's not the guy. If you can't beat Michigan you do not deserve to stick around. Way too much talent on this team for such an embarrassing loss at home.

Harbaugh took Day to the woodshed today.

Can only imagine the calls Gene Smith is getting right now from the big alumni donors.

Legend
Legend
Embarrassing loss

Legend
Legend
I just finished watching the game (recorded it) and boy oh boy did Michigan have our number.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Ohio State played the way we do in that 4th QTR. Those 2 long runs and that ridiculous tipped INT. looked very familiar.

Legend
Legend
Outcoached and outplayed, and did not look at all like a playoff team. Stroud and Day both looked like deer in the headlights. We got throttled.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Simply put, Michigan’s quarterback outplayed OSU’s. And I have no clue what OSU’s D-Coordinator was thinking at times. To get in the playoff, OSU will need either TCU or USC to lose and then get a vote of confidence from the playoff committee. - I don’t see a 2 loss team getting the nod but can’t guarantee anything. I wouldn’t put Clemson, ‘Bama, or LSU ahead of the Buckeyes but can’t argue if the playoff committee did.

T
Legend
Legend
T
How could that cornerback not cover any better and it waznt ' exposed every zingle week?
#I2 waz never on balance, I'm zurprized they didn't give up 6. or zeven 80 yard pazzez.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum The Ohio State Football Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard