Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
It is? I thought the game wasn’t in phoenix

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
No. 1 Georgia vs. No. 4 Ohio State | Peach Bowl | 8 p.m. | ESPN | Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Thanks!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was surprised that they're only 6.5 underdogs.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Georgia. Yikes. However, I think that Ohio State and Bama are the only two teams that can beat the dawgs.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Go Buckeyes

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
I was surprised that they're only 6.5 underdogs.
I expect this number to slowly climb and then come back down to just over a TD

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Georgia. Yikes. However, I think that Ohio State and Bama are the only two teams that can beat the dawgs.

What on earth would make you think this? Ohio State has no chance. This will be a double digit win for Georgia.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Jaxon Smith-Njigba not playing against Georgia, declares for NFL draft

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX) — The Buckeyes will be without one of its star receivers in the Peach Bowl against Georgia as he continues to recover from an injury and prepares for the NFL draft.

Junior Jaxon Smith-Njigba has missed almost the entire season after suffering a hamstring injury.

“I want to thank Jaxon for all he has done for our Ohio State program," head coach Ryan Day said in a statement. "He has had such a major impact here in Columbus, on and off the field, in a relatively short period of time. We all know he has a very bright future ahead of him and we all support him as he moves forward with his career.”

Ohio State said Smith-Njigba continues to rehabilitate while also preparing for the 2023 NFL Draft.

He played in three games this season, the last of which was Iowa.

"I did everything possible to put myself in a position to get back on the field multiple times this year, I wanted it as much, if not more than anyone else," Smith-Njigba said in a statement.

"After consulting with my doctors, it has been determined that I will not be able to participate in the playoffs... I have decided to focus on getting 100% healthy and commit to my training for the next chapter in my football journey. I am officially declaring for the 2023 NFL Draft."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No surprise... kid couldn't get healthy this year... wish him luck in the NFL

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by RememberMuni

What on earth would make you think this? Ohio State has no chance. This will be a double digit win for Georgia.

If OSU Protects CJ Stroud OSU Wins UGA is horrible against the pass ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
3 members like this: jfanent, Versatile Dog, FATE
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 12/14/22 07:56 PM.

#gmSTRONG
2 members like this: Versatile Dog, jfanent
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Wow! That's great news. Thanks for posting.

M
Legend
Legend
M

2 members like this: GratefulDawg, Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Love to see the stud WRs continue

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Pretty cool article written by Paris Johnson Jr, kinda hard to read on here, OSU LT, probably a top 5 pick in the ‘23 NFL draft:

Paris Johnson Jr.

Ohio State University
Dec 29, 2022
Dear Buckeyes,
In my journalism classes, they always tell us that the truth comes first. So before I explain to you how much this place means to me, I really have to come clean.
Originally, this was not the plan. Growing up, I never saw myself as a Buckeye. Being from Cincinnati, people assume that it had always been my dream to play at The Shoe. And I really wish I could tell you that I had my little Troy Smith jersey and my Ohio State franchise on NCAA Football and everything. But honestly, I didn’t even really watch college football like that. If anything, we were a Miami (Ohio) family. My dad played in the NFL, and he was still in my life at the time, so my only mission since I was five years old was to play in the league like him.
I’ll never forget, my mom took me to the ESPN Wide World of Sports camp when I was eight or nine, and I thought I was literally at the Youth NFL Combine. That was the first time I’d ever seen cucumber water, and I was telling my mom for months afterward, “Listen, I can’t be drinking normal water anymore. I need it with the little cucumber slices, like the pros.”
At the end of the camp, they gave us the free ESPN T-shirt and I was like, “I’m so elite, man. I really made it.” I didn’t realize until I was looking at the pictures years later that I was just at Disney World with a bunch of regular kids. I’m looking at this dude in the picture like, “Dang, he’s 85 pounds???” I really thought he was Little Peyton Manning. He was just some kid on vacation and I was out there trying to take his soul. Hahahah.
When I got to middle school, we had a family friend who was a walk-on at Alabama, and I got invited to go down to Tuscaloosa to play in Bama's summer camp every year. I just remember being so hyped when I made the ALL-SABAN team in sixth and seventh grade. I thought I was official. Then eighth grade rolls around, and my mom is like, “Hey listen, we can’t make it work this year. We have to stay close to home. You’re gonna have to go to the Ohio State camp.”
I was like, “Mom??? Ohio State??? Really???” I almost took it as punishment. And the funniest part was that this was 2015, when they were coming off the national championship, so I don’t even have a good excuse. Literally, the first thing they had all the campers do was go and take a picture with Urban Meyer next to the trophy. I swear to you, I had no idea who this man was. He could’ve been a camp counselor or the AD or something — I had no clue. I shook his hand and put my hand on the trophy and smiled for the photo. Then they had all of us gathered around in a circle, and I guess they were trying to hype us up on the history of the program, because they were asking all these trivia questions. Coach Hinton, who’s still an assistant at OSU to this day, was the one running it. He said, “How many national championships have we won? Who knows?” There’s hundreds of campers. For some reason, one of the coaches hands me the mic. I have no clue. But I’m looking around, and I see all these banners hanging up — commemorating all the Orange Bowls, Rose Bowls and Big Ten titles over the last 70, 80 years. I’m counting the banners, thinking I’m slick.
Finally, I’m like, “42.”
Everybody starts laughing — I mean the whole camp. I was so embarrassed, but I was playing it off. I was still holding the microphone, and I just got all defensive, like, “Man, whatever! I usually go to Alabama every year anyway! I don’t even care!!!” (Whenever you hear somebody say, “I don’t even care!!!” that’s when you know they’re suppressing that single tear coming out of the corner of their eye.)
That whole week, I was in my 13-year-old pride. I think I was literally telling people, “Bro, I’m never coming here! I’m going to Bama!” Hahahaha.
It’s funny looking back on it now, because Coach Meyer became one of my biggest mentors. And as far as Columbus goes?
Columbus became my favorite place on earth.
Paris Johnson Jr. | Ohio State University | Dear Buckeyes | The Players' Tribune
Joseph Maiorana/USA Today
I can tell you the exact moment I knew I wanted to be a Buckeye.
I was sitting on the couch in Coach Meyer’s office with him and my mom. I was on my first official visit, right before my junior year of high school. That summer, me and my mom must’ve visited 25 schools. I’ve been to every college campus from Stanford to Penn State on down to Georgia, and, honestly, they all have something special about them. But I’ll never forget, we’re sitting there with Coach Meyer, and he’s like, “I want you to watch something.”
And then he put it on. The single greatest hype video of all time, in my opinion. The Brotherhood video. Every Buckeye in the world knows what I’m talking about. The YouTube video they put together after the Penn State comeback game in 2017. If you’re a real Buckeye, you know every frame of that video. You might just think about it and get goose bumps.
Coach turns off all the lights, and he’s sitting right next to me on the couch, and I’m not kidding you, every single time Penn State scored, whenever the score popped up in the lower left corner of the screen, he’d tap my knee. And he’d point at the screen, like, You seein’ this?
Saquon runs the opening kick back.
PSU 7
OSU 0
*Tap*
You seein’ this, kid?
PSU 14
OSU 0
*Tap*
Can you believe this?
This goes on for the next five minutes, to the point where I’m preemptively looking at him after every score like, Coach I can’t believe this.
Finally, it gets to the moment everybody knows — the “possession” catch from Penn State in the end zone, the overturned call, the stunned crowd, and then that overhead Goodyear blimp shot way above The Shoe.
PSU 35
OSU 20
*Tap*
Coach got a big grin on his face, like, This is about to blow your mind.
“AND IT’S BLOCKED!!! LOOSE!!! BOOKER!!! HAS IT!!!!!!”
You know the rest. Literally, every time Coach hit me on the knee, I wanted to run down into the locker room and put some shoulder pads on and just block somebody into the dirt. At the end of the video, you see the guys on the sidelines crying tears of joy, hugging one another, and the fans running onto the field, and he’s just looking at me like….
See? That’s FAMILY.
There’s a lot of great programs, and a lot of great cultures in college football. But there’s college football, and then there’s Ohio State. It’s two different things.

- Paris Johnson Jr.
I knew that day I was going to be a Buckeye. I told my mom, “That’s it. I think it’s time for me to commit.”
She was looking at me crazy, like, “We just started! I got a whole itinerary!”
Whatever mom says goes, so we hit the road again. But then finally, after we visited some more schools, she could tell that I wasn’t going to change my mind. I was meant to be a Buckeye. She let me commit. But the trick was that she made me promise to call every single coach who gave me an offer and thank them personally. It was a cool moment, because me and my mom were going through all my letters, and it brought back a lot of memories. I even had one from the University of West Georgia, from way back. In the end, I had to call 48 coaches. No matter how small the school, they gave me an opportunity, so I called.
I remember I started at eight o’clock in the morning and I finally called Coach Meyer at nine o’clock at night and told him I wanted to be a Buckeye. I was so tired that all I can remember him saying was, “Well, son, we’re ready to have you.”
Obviously, Coach Meyer had to leave not long after that, and Coach Day took over for him, but there was never a doubt in my mind about where I wanted to be. I remember my senior year of high school, right before the Penn State game, they invited all the recruits to come to the facility and actually watch the hype video with the team. We’re just in the back of the room, observing everything. Coach Day gives this amazing speech, and then they play the video, and when Coach Franklin came up on the screen, Coach Day grabbed a water bottle and just spiked it and started screaming.
The whole team was going crazy. I’m in the back of the room, not supposed to be saying a peep, and I’m losing my mind. I’m like, “Woooooo! Woooooo!!! Let’s go, Coach!!!! Let’s gooooooo!!!!!”
I was ready to run through a brick wall for the man, and I was still in high school.
There are a lot of great programs, and a lot of great cultures in college football. But there’s college football, and then there’s Ohio State. It’s two different things.

There aren’t a lot of times that come around in life when you feel like you just entered a secret cheat code and you get a second chance to take down the boss. I remember walking off the field with Donovan Jackson after the loss to The Team Up North a few weeks ago, and it was almost like a funeral type of feeling. We just said how appreciative we were of being by each other’s side in the trenches all season. We knew our fate wasn’t in our hands, and we weren’t sure what was going to happen next. You’re looking at the seniors and guys who might not be coming back next year, and it’s such a weird, bittersweet moment. You can’t help thinking about all the work you put in, and all the memories….
You think about the good times, the bad times, the mat drills, the Friday night team dinners, the pecan rolls with the ice cream, the walk-throughs, the Xbox, all the awesome hype videos, the first time you got a Buckeye leaf on your helmet, the time in the freshman dorms when the dishwasher was stinking so crazy that somebody called the fire department thinking it was a gas leak, the time you embarrassed yourself the first day of classes asking the professor if you had permission to go to the bathroom. (“You don’t have to ask in college, Paris. You just go.”)
You think of all that stuff, and it’s like: It can’t really have gone by this fast. It was a really emotional moment. We thought we were done. But somehow, some way … God gave us a second lease on life.
We’re going down to Georgia with unfinished business.

- Paris Johnson Jr.
I was watching that USC game just like everybody else. I was chilling on the couch, wondering if we had a chance. It’s the hope that really kills you! So I was just trying to chill and remain calm the whole time. But then I saw Utah establishing the run in the first quarter, and I was like … Hmm. Interesting.
Then I saw their defense really pressing the USC pocket and I was like … Interesting. Very, very interesting.
The funny part was that my girlfriend was watching with me, and she was extremely hype. But she’s new to football, and she got a little confused about the colors at one point, and when USC ripped off a 15-yard run, she’s yelling, “Go!!!! Go!!!!!”
And I’m yelling, “No!!!! No!!!!!!”
Everybody in the group text was going crazy, but I was trying not to say a word until the clock hit zero. When it finally did, and USC had been knocked off, I was just so thankful to have a second chance at this, with all my brothers. We don’t take that opportunity for granted. We’re going down to Georgia with unfinished business.
Paris Johnson Jr. | Ohio State University | Dear Buckeyes | The Players' Tribune
Michael Reaves/Getty
I want to win a national championship so badly. Not just for myself, not just for my teammates, not just for my classmates and professors and coaches and trainers. But really for this entire community. I didn’t grow up with the posters on my wall. I didn’t have an appreciation for big-time college football as a kid, and what this place really means. I literally thought we’d won 42 natties. (To this day, Coach Hinton likes to remind me, “Paris, 42? Really?”)
This was not supposed to happen. But I thank God that my path led me to Columbus, because this university and this community is about a lot more than wins and losses and banners on the wall. It’s really a feeling. It’s a brotherhood and an unbreakable bond, and I’m not just talking about football.
No matter what happens down in Georgia, just know that we’ll be ready to run through that wall for you one more time.
This is FAMILY. Forever.
Thank God that I’m a Buckeye.

Sincerely,
Paris

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/paris-johnson-jr-ncaa-football-ohio-state

2 members like this: Pdawg, Versatile Dog
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm very anxious about this game. As much as it saddens me I fear we will be seeing a Georgia vs Michigan championship game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
TCU has come to play. I hope OSU does as well

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
TCU has come to play. I hope OSU does as well

They sure did and I do to. ttnu got jobbed on a couple of huge calls, but TCU was the better team today.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Link?

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm very anxious about this game. As much as it saddens me I fear we will be seeing a Georgia vs Michigan championship game.

You feel a little better with that team up north losing ? smile

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
2:36 left. The OSU has shown well regardless of the pending outcome. Let’s hope they can close it.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Welp ......

I guess they have a minute or so l;eft .... needing a FG.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
That totally sucked.

I am seriously not sure what is worse ... losing like Michigan did ..... or losing like this. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
That was a terrible kick. I hope it was a bad hold or something.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Bummer. If Harrison doesn’t go out I think we win it.

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
CJ Stroud and Ryan Day both earned my respect tonight. How the officials changed the call on the Georgia TE oob on 4th down is beyond me. However, these were clearly the best teams in college football and it was going to be a fg game either way. TCU also earned my respect tonight. Does anyone think that they have a chance against UGA?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I still want to know how that 4th down call was overturned when the Georgia player was out of bounds. That was extremely suspect.

Also, I was unimpressed by Georgia's quarterback. Maybe you can say this about any college QB, but if that QB tries half the things he did in the pros he'll be a huge bust.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 01/01/23 01:52 AM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
B
Legend
Legend
B
Wow, I went to bed thinking the Bucs had it in the bag. I was here to offer congrats to the Bucs fans here on the board and then find out Georgia won the game.

Anyway, congrats are still in order.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
I still want to know how that 4th down call was overturned when the Georgia player was out of bounds. That was extremely suspect.

Also, I was unimpressed by Georgia's quarterback. Maybe you can say this about any college QB, but if that QB tries half the things he did in the pros he'll be a huge bust.

I suppose in real time I can understand the feeling, but in the views I just looked at there is no question the guy was inbounds.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Brutal loss. Harrison going out was a really game deciding factor. Couple that with UGA getting a few close breaks/calls AND the defense not being able to stop anyone when it counts again.

Stroud was awesome, and I hated the last 3 offensive play calls. Sucks that OSU probably beats TCU and now UGA will probably walk to the title

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I see 3 major factors in the Buckeye loss.

1, Harrison going out.
Georgia had no answer in how to cover him

2, Georgia D dialing up the pressure.
At some point midway through the 2nd half, Georgia changed it's defensive philosophy
They really turned up the pressure and our offense had to work a lot harder to get things done
Prior to that move, things looked almost easy for our offense.

Two questions:
First, did they feel like they couldn't do this early in the game because of our Wr power then could after Harrison went out? Second, Could we have made some kind of counter on offense to lighten the pressure Stroud was getting?

3, The OSU defensive coordinator has this defense that he loves to call, but seems as if we are repeatedly getting scorched when he does. Cb's are wide, no safety in the middle and the LB is supposed to drop to cover the deep middle? Something weird like that. We got burned on it multiple times by Georgia. The thing that bothers me is that defensive call is the same one TTUN kept detrying when we played them.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Just finished watching the game this morning. What a horrible kick at the end, my gosh. Still, it was an exciting game to watch.... too bad the outcome.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I can't believe we lost that game. I really think we outplayed them, but we ended up losing. The injuries to Harrison and Stover were huge. We also gave up too many explosive plays. A couple of sacks hurt us, as well.

I'm proud of the Buckeyes, though. That was one hell of a game. Two excellent teams trading body blows and haymakers. Heartbreaking loss for Ohio State.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I suppose in real time I can understand the feeling, but in the views I just looked at there is no question the guy was inbounds.

It was close but I thought it had to be clear evidence to over rule the call and I didn't see it. It was hard to tell where the ball goes out on those angles.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

He won’t be drafted high enough to be considered a bust. He’s 5’11” with cleats on. He’s not a top pro prospect.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
OSU definitely outplayed them IMO. Injuries and their pressure hurt the last few drives. No shame in that loss, but it sucks to lose lol

B
Legend
Legend
B
No shame losing a game like that against a good team.

OSU had a chance to win at the end. The kicker was at the far edge of his range. He got quick in the mechanics trying to kick it as solid as he could and just hit the outside of the ball, sending it 25 yards left of where he wanted.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum The Ohio State Football Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard