Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Some posters are ruining the board because they will literally go out of the way to take a dump on our ex QB, for no reason. Fairweather fickle fans don't deserve to win, IMHO.

LMAO. No reason? Did you not read the Myles article? Folks are ruining the board because they root for the Browns instead of Baker? Fairweather fickle fans? You mean the ones defending an ex-player and trashing the Browns?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well game one coming...It will be decided by which coach has prepared their team the best. Conditioning, game plan and asst. coaching.

I have not been impressed with Ski the more I see him the more I am not impressed. In preseason he showed that he did not know how to utilize his time outs in the 2 minute drill. How well has he prepared this team? The QB situation is amess and I would feel for Ski except for the fact he caused the mess. Again we will feel the reprucussions of one of the worst trades in the history of the NFL. A healthy Baker, and all our draft picks most likely Jordan Davis added to the team with the #13 pick. A QB who knew the offense and could bring along the new players to be ready for the season. This is the NFL and YOU CANNOT WIN without a starting QB. Say what you will one thing for certain Baker is/was a starting QB. Bissett is not, Dobbs is not actually I thought Mond wa a talented QB he might be our only shot. So who is starting for us?

Will our D be able to pitch a shutout? If they can then we got a shot. This game will be won at the LOS who can control it. I am very PO'd at Ski and Haslam for destroying this season when you have a team ready to win we decide to throw the season away. I am dying, somehow I do not. I just got out of the hospital as I have spent 3 weeks out of the last 4 in ICU. My kidneys failed B.U.N. over 150 they could not understand why I was able to talk to them. But I am a survivor. With the help of Dialysis my Kidneys have bounced back I am giving it another shot without full time dialysis In a few weeks I will start cardio rehab program to possibly strengthen my heart which will be the key for me to stay alive. I cannot get a transplant as I am not a good choice to receive one. And not rich enough to buy one. So its not even week one and I have to go to NEXT year mode without a first round pick and less cap space.

Question will be are the Panthers worse than us? Talent wise we have more team talent then they do. We have a good OL but not much depth. Already we don't have a healthy RT nor his replacement. They have a starting QB we do not. We have some studs on D and that would be a big key. Coaching??? Conditioning is the NUMBER 1 variable for WEEK #1 The less conditioned team will not be able to finish strong and would be more apt to have injuries as the game goes on. I want Dobbs to start for us so that he can add to the running game. We must stretch them out horizontally. We lost our Jett Sweep guy to injuries. I think Felton might be taking over that responsibility that can help stretch the field horizontally. Another big key for us is how effective can our TEs be in the middle. Big time key. I think Harrison will have a surprise season.

All I know is I love my Browns and truly hate the guys who went and messed the team up. Ski you better get the job done and this week I don't wish to see us not prepared!!!

take care fellow fans, you are the best I will try to continue my What I saw thread which I know there are others out there. If I have the time mentally and physically I would like to put out a better product. Not coaching - Got a kid coming over today for some baseball coaching up to do. No football. Breaks my heart as the HS coaches here totally SUCK and the WOKE people are looking to get rid of Football and Baseball and get our athletes to commit to SOCCER - sorry that sport just does not turn me on.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Stay strong tab.

Maybe we are better than it looks.

Legend
Legend
I really hope and pray that you can stay off the dialysis and get that heart in shape. I"m looking forward to "What I Saw.", no matter how the game goes.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
God bless you and keep you healthy eotab.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by eotab
The QB situation is amess and I would feel for Ski except for the fact he caused the mess. Again we will feel the reprucussions of one of the worst trades in the history of the NFL. A healthy Baker, and all our draft picks.
A QB who knew the offense and could bring along the new players to be ready for the season. This is the NFL and YOU CANNOT WIN without a starting QB. Say what you will one thing for certain Baker is/was a starting QB. Bissett is not, Dobbs is not ...

I am very PO'd at Ski and Haslam for destroying this season when you have a team ready to win we decide to throw the season away.

So its not even week one and I have to go to NEXT year mode without a first round pick and less cap space...

I want Dobbs to start for us so that he can add to the running game.

All I know is I love my Browns and ...(don't like)... the guys who went and messed the team up.

take care fellow fans, you are the best
At least I'm not alone on an island.
How screwed up it is to publicly state I'm rooting for the Browns opponent, it's sick, and I don't even know how I'll really feel when the game kicks off tomorrow,
but My head wants to root for a winner, and I'm so So Soo sick of feeling like the loss-ness of the Browns losing every year and not sticking w/ a plan, or of it being of their own decision making.
I'm more a fan of Mayfield to Higgins than I am of feeling like I took my dog to the vet every week to have it put down.
I loathe the thought of rooting for Brissett, or being asked to root for Brissett. (The book on him is out, everyone knows his level of play.)

I don't like that part of me believes the NFL, and some of those in it that hate Cleveland, just decided to push the Watson scandal onto Cleveland and let the Browns fans deal with it.
I disagree that Watson is guaranteed to magically be some super hero better @uarterback player without a doubt when/if He does suit up.
( I think it MOCKS ME, my intelligience, and history of watching football, to feel like the NFL World asks me to shut up: take the medicine: and believe what I'm told about these situations: in spite of my own eyes and results on the field. That it is somehow acceptable to be given this Barbars st reisand.

Is it so much to ask of the Browns that I don't feel like they are intending to rain down my back and tell me it's raining.

After being a fan in 2006, that abysmal year of 2006 when it felt like there was nothing, literally nothing of a football team that had any foundation at years end, and 39+ years at least actually, and putting up with 2009-20II-20I2 and then suffering along through 20I5-20I7...

When the team makes Their OWN DECISION on that pick, that #I overall pick in 20I8,
and He actually wins, They actually won like 8 games a year about average, ( could be wrong, but it feels like 8 average)
after all of that,
They can't even stick with the guy...(The guy They chose... when they had the #I overall pick so nobody was kept from them...) through his 5th year option of his original contract.
What is this team doing?
What can be defended as a "direction" what can possibly be a defendable strategy this team has taken since Depo began as a job title of "chief strategy officer" because it seems that all they've done consistently is change ideas.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I pray for your recovery and good health eo. Do what the doctors say, and trust in God for healing.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Carolina is doomed now fer sure!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Some posters are ruining the board because they will literally go out of the way to take a dump on our ex QB, for no reason. Fairweather fickle fans don't deserve to win, IMHO.

LMAO. No reason? Did you not read the Myles article? Folks are ruining the board because they root for the Browns instead of Baker? Fairweather fickle fans? You mean the ones defending an ex-player and trashing the Browns?
I wish I could come to grips with what makes you tick with this Baker stuff.

You bring Baker into every thread. Sarcasm, snide remarks, call-outs and down right rudeness... and stuff straight from outer space... coach speaks highly of current QB and we get "read between the lines". GTHOH.

And then complain if anyone responds. Not only complain, scream bloody-murder that they are ruining the board.

If you could go one day without mentioning his name, it would be a day that nobody talks about Baker. The imaginary "Baker Boys" would disappear because there would be none of your tripe to respond to.

Try it. Just one day... and then one day at a time.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
4 members like this: mgh888, WSU Willie, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It may come to the point someone will need to make a 12 step program for that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

I wish I could come to grips with what makes you tick with this Baker stuff.

You bring Baker into every thread. Sarcasm, snide remarks, call-outs and down right rudeness... and stuff straight from outer space... coach speaks highly of current QB and we get "read between the lines". GTHOH.

And then complain if anyone responds. Not only complain, scream bloody-murder that they are ruining the board.

If you could go one day without mentioning his name, it would be a day that nobody talks about Baker. The imaginary "Baker Boys" would disappear because there would be none of your tripe to respond to.

Try it. Just one day... and then one day at a time.

He hates Baker. So much that he had to leave the board because at one point Baker was playing very well. Then Baker got hurt, played very badly when he probably should of been placed on IR and ... hey presto he returned. Truth be told he clearly really does hate Baker. It seems to chaff him that some Browns fans are grateful for Baker and what he did in his short time here considering he joined a 1-31 team at the time... And we all know how Vers sets up and frames debates and tries to control the narrative, it's impossible not to notice we've gone from how truly woeful and immature Baker is and his new team being a bottom 5 roster in the NFL - to paving the way to explaining away a possible Browns loss after week 1. That's been going on for a few weeks now. I can't image what we'll see if Baker miraculously plays half way decent, doesn't lose the game by throwing multiple picks and the Panthers win.

Last edited by mgh888; 09/10/22 01:33 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It may come to the point someone will need to make a 12 step program for that.

I try to stay out of the squabbles, but that has no place here IMO.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Legend
Legend
T
um..
Lb Jordan Kunaszyk has been elevated from the ps. and activated, (and yes I had to read it as I spelled it.)

Isaac Rochelle, DE, who didn't make the original 53, is also elevated from the PS for game one and will be active.

WR Micheal Woods is out. for the Browns (the 6th rounder out of OKLA)

WR David Bell is apparently going to be a WR option on the Browns, with no mention of his foot injury, or shoulder last year.

From, one day ago, Pfeifer rules Demetric Felton, and Donovan Peoples-Jones as the primary returners.

So, the Browns passing receivers, that aren't a TE, are speculated to be?

Amari Cooper.
Demetric Felton,
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Anthony Schwartz
and David Bell, don't forget David Bell.

But Micheal Woods has been ruled out, and Harley is still on the P.S. so,

But, With Rochell active, and apparently Isaiah Thomas active, and the rookie draft pick active,
and with Clowney active, and with Myles Garret active,

and with A. Walker active, and Jacob Phillips active, and Taki Taki, and J.O.K active, well
Passing downs on defense could be fun.

I wouldn't give 2 pieces of Paper if Winovich or his counterpart are active, doesn't matter, imo.

As long as it's Baker- to Higgins, vs. Brissett - to Schwartz, you know who the real favorite is.

V
Legend
Legend
V
What you and the other trouble makers think means nothing to me.

Legend
Legend
Jc

I was hoping to see some of Woods because I fear our WRs need a diamond in the rough to excel.

But I’m not mad about promoting Rochelle either

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
As long as it's Baker- to Higgins, vs. Brissett - to Schwartz, you know who the real favorite is.

We're going to get Baker with a chip on his shoulder throwing to Higgins who felt under-appreciated here. Anything can happen, but I expect a long day and a lot of wrist slitting, like almost every opener since the return.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wish he would’ve activated his chip on the shoulder super power last year a couple times. We could’ve then made the playoffs.

1 member likes this: jfanent
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't like that part of me believes the NFL, and some of those in it that hate Cleveland, just decided to push the Watson scandal onto Cleveland and let the Browns fans deal with it.
I disagree that Watson is guaranteed to magically be some super hero better @uarterback player without a doubt when/if He does suit up.
( I think it MOCKS ME, my intelligience, and history of watching football, to feel like the NFL World asks me to shut up: take the medicine: and believe what I'm told about these situations: in spite of my own eyes and results on the field. That it is somehow acceptable to be given this Barbars st reisand.

I an not intelligent enough to follow your entire post, but I ask you this...........You suggest that your intelligence is being mocked because you don't believe how the Browns thought more of Watson than Baker. Does your superior intelligence also question the rest of the NFL? I mean, multiple teams were lined up willing to offer Houston the farm for Watson despite his off the field issues. Yet, no one wanted Baker at a far, far, fare lower price and the Browns had to pay to trade him. Please explain how your intelligence can explain how the entire NFL was wrong for valuing Watson far, far more than Baker?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Your explanation can wait eleven games.
You gave up 3 first round future picks. (Plus) more
You heard about a 230 million dollar fully gurarnteed contract.
Your @uarterback got suspended and got talked about in sexual situations all summer long.
You went from Baker Mayfield, getting healthy and running it forward
To now you have Jacoby Brissett and you're expected to, we're expected to just root for it like it's not a bunch of messed up (stuff).

............ when you say ........... that, I suggest that my intelligience is being mocked because the Browns thought more of Watson than Baker. <<< (That is incorrect, don't put words in my mouth, because, it has nothing to do with a Watson to Baker Comparison, It has nothing to do with a Watson to Baker Comparison. It seems it must have been an incorrect understanding of what you thought I meant.

Because what we have is a
Lose Baker, Pay For Watson, and Get Brissett. ( I'm not rooting for Brissett.)

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I have to laugh at those who claim Watson is not a great QB. He always was, and will be in the future. This year might have got messed up, but believe me, when this guy plays full time, people are going to see how good he really is

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
I wish he would've activated his chip on the shoulder super power last year a couple times. We could've then made the playoffs.

That makes two of us and probably a significant number of others. Personally, I think BM tried his hardest all year. But he couldn't get it done between his injury and other setbacks like the OBJ stunt. The OBJ thing split the team, split the fans, and put a ton of pressure on everyone involved. The fault for last year belongs on many plates, not just Baker. Unfortunately, we can argue about our points of view until we are blue in the face. What's done is done, and we move forward. The odds are that this year will suck, but according to most, there will be a gleaming future starting next year that may last a decade or more. I think after this game, the Baker BS will fade. The personal attacks are probably here to stay, though.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: mgh888
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, agreed with moving forward.

Speaking for me (I mean who else would I speak for?), I am expecting 8-10 wins. We have a very talented team. In years past when we’ve sucked, we obviously never had a QB,,,but we also didn’t have the talent at other positions like we do now.
We’ll see.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Stats show his numbers in college and the pros.

Eyes tell the real story. DW has for the most been very good at playing quarterback since he started playing the position.

Just watch him play football and that should tell you. Really good athlete who performs at a high level in every aspect of playing the position.

I could go into a lengthy explanation but all that is really needed is watch his tape.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree Bone and I'm going to say what every Browns fan feels; I wish he was playing all season.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from s5.gifyu.com]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
OP Online
Legend
If we had him for all 17 games. Everything would look much different.

The hard games on the schedule would look way more winnable.

My hope is win for JB to win six or more. We do that and I think DW can win four of six. That might get us in the playoffs.

1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
I like how the panthers have a few castaways from the ol browns..gonzales, erving, austin, higgins, baker,

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I believe that Memphis

I know at least 7 people from work and friends here in Canton have traveled down.

They are meeting with the Browns backers in the south Muni lot. I guess that's what they call the lot they tailgate in.

I wish I could have made the trip

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If I had been visiting my folks this weekend I would have attempted to get tickets.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c…

Latest update.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Weather here is sun and clouds and no rain this morning so far.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If it rains it will benefit us more because of our run game.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Baker will be fired up and can't wait to prove the Browns wrong. I'm sure going into this game with a backup QB wasn't Haslam's and Berry's plan when they made the trade for Watson. Browns are going to have to win with defense and the run game. If the Browns come out flat and not ready to play, this game could get ugly fast. I say the Browns win a close one.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I picked the Browns in the pickems but my reasoning may be much different than some others. I think a healthy McCaffrey helps neutralize the run game. Not only is he an excellent runner, he is also a heavy threat at catching the ball. When you combine that with the situation at the C and RT positions for the Browns I think the running game will be fairly equal. My hope is also that Baker won't light it up. If that scenario plays out, the game could certainly be decided on the kicking game. The Browns have Cade York. Advantage Browns.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 26 Panthers 24 Browns versus Panthers

Link Copied to Clipboard