Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pretty sure I've been hearing about this being a humanitarian crisis for years.
That terminology started before Biden took office.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Desantis is a moron,, Just like Abbot in Texas. All they got are stunts like this. It won't make a lick of difference. These northern cities will embrace these immigrants. They will pull them in and them. Then they'll put them to work to help with the Labor shortage. Something Texas and Florida are just to damn short sighted to see.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m honestly a little surprised you’re not riding on the Trump train still. Maybe DeSantis has begun his covert hostile takeover operation.

It’ll be interesting, because at some point those two will need to have their Highlander battle.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I saw where Florida flew 2 planes of migrants to Marthas's Vineyard. Good for them. Keep it up. Send a bunch to Washington D.C. Make the border problem their problem too. They are the ones not doing a damn thing about it. It's got to be cheaper to buy them all a plane ticket or bus ticket. Send thousands a month. Sooner or later it will be seen as a crisis.

Desantis is a moron,, Just like Abbot in Texas. All they got are stunts like this. It won't make a lick of difference. These northern cities will embrace these immigrants. They will pull them in and them. Then they'll put them to work to help with the Labor shortage. Something Texas and Florida are just to damn short sighted to see.

As others have stated, it's a cheap political stunt. Transparent and not subtle or even helpful (weren't they getting all bent outta shape when the govt was processing these people in and then bussing them to different/random spots?). But you can't tell me you didn't kinda chuckle when after just like a week or two of these busses showing up in NY and Chicago, they start talking about how it's a humanitarian crisis.

Martha's Vineyard declares a HUMANITARIAN CRISlS over influx of just FIFTY Venezuelan migrants. Republicans slam liberal island's 'pathetic' reaction and ask: 'What about the THOUSANDS arriving in Texas every single day?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...grant-heaven-says-inhumane.html#comments

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
A
Legend
Legend
A
That's a DAMN good question.

I guess illegals are welcome, just somewhere else.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Too bad blue states can't load trucks with common sense and education and flood red states with those.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Legend
Legend
I saw where Florida flew 2 planes of migrants to Marthas's Vineyard. Good for them. Keep it up. Send a bunch to Washington D.C. Make the border problem their problem too. They are the ones not doing a damn thing about it. It's got to be cheaper to buy them all a plane ticket or bus ticket. Send thousands a month. Sooner or later it will be seen as a crisis.

That's fantastic! More reason to ship them to New York and California... of course the leaders there are say they can't accept any more and are trying to figure out if they can charge Abbott with Kidnapping because they finally realize that having a bunch of illegals in their state is a problem...

The border is a friggin problem.. .and while I agree, shipping them to other states isn't going to help the actual problem, I friggin love it... hope we keep sending them to the blue states...

I don't see how Texas is short sighted.. we have enough labor force thank you very much...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: archbolddawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted by oobernoober

As others have stated, it's a cheap political stunt. Transparent and not subtle or even helpful (weren't they getting all bent outta shape when the govt was processing these people in and then bussing them to different/random spots?). But you can't tell me you didn't kinda chuckle when after just like a week or two of these busses showing up in NY and Chicago, they start talking about how it's a humanitarian crisis.

Martha's Vineyard declares a HUMANITARIAN CRISlS over influx of just FIFTY Venezuelan migrants. Republicans slam liberal island's 'pathetic' reaction and ask: 'What about the THOUSANDS arriving in Texas every single day?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...grant-heaven-says-inhumane.html#comments

but wait... they are a sanctuary city... Massachusetts is a sanctuary state... they should be welcoming more immigrants with open arms!

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Too bad blue states can't load trucks with common sense and education and flood red states with those.

Too bad they don't send the ILLEGALS to your door step and expect you to take care of them.

SERIOUSLY!! ILLEGALS. But when they are in Texas, it's fine for 'sanctuary cities' to love it. But when they get sent to those cities? hell no. We'll ship them out of our city. We can't take them.

But, the 'border is secure'.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Your hair is on fire. I mean we have domestic terrorists and traitors in our government and every neighborhood in the country. We can just weed them out and replace them with immigrants who appreciate America's values. And FYI, there is no such thing as an illegal person. Undocumented immigrants are not illegal people, they are just people struggling to find a better life. The kind of free life in a democracy your ilk would trash to get your way. I'd much rather have them next door than you.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/15/22 09:29 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
They are illegal immigrants. ILLEGAL immigrants. Don't change the topic. They are ILLEGAL, and the sanctuary cities they are getting sent to don't want them there. They want them somewhere else. Period, end of discussion.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They are domestic terrorists and traitors! Stop distracting with the fake ass border emergency. It's only an emergency to your ilk. The rest of us see the issue and will address it when Republicans get the hell out of the way. If only we could load y'all on trucks and ship you south.

Legend
Legend
Your hair is on fire. I mean we have domestic terrorists and traitors in our government and every neighborhood in the country. We can just weed them out and replace them with immigrants who appreciate America's values. And FYI, there is no such thing as an illegal person. Undocumented immigrants are not illegal people, they are just people struggling to find a better life. The kind of free life in a democracy your ilk would trash to get your way. I'd much rather have them next door than you.

Fine.. then they can come into the country the correct way... you want them living next door? Let Greg know where to send the next bus...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They are domestic terrorists and traitors! Stop distracting with the fake ass border emergency. It's only an emergency to your ilk. The rest of us see the issue and will address it when Republicans get the hell out of the way. If only we could load y'all on trucks and ship you south.

Fake border emergency?!? We've had more illegals crossing the southern border this year than any year... we've had hundreds die trying to cross that border..... we've had massive drugs that are killing our youth cross the border this year...

I get that you're all up in Jan 6th and those that are guilty should be punished... but to say the border problem is fake is just turning a blind eye...

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
What the hell are you talking about????????????????????????

Who is domestic terrorists and traitors? The illegal immigrants? Fake border emergency? It's only a fake emergency until those illegals get sent north, right?

B
Legend
Legend
B

That is your opinion.

We will see how happy they are if this continues. I bet you are wrong. You are already seeing the zombie mayor in Chicago sending folks to the suburbs. The President is already complaining. Maybe you should send the governors your address so they know where the next group is to be sent since you are so welcoming.

And being short sighted? They have already had hundreds of thousands dumped on their doorstep. How many more should they take before you don't see them as being short sighted? Heck, you can't even see that this is a problem. You don't have any room to talk about being short sighted.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
It is a political stunt but I'm perfectly fine with this happening. In fact, I encourage it, No one gives a crap about this issue (or any issue for that matter) until it is at their doorstep.

Maybe something of substance will now happen.....I doubt it.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
They are domestic terrorists and traitors!

rofl

'Clowns and sheep'.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’d like to agree with you that nobody cares about issues until it’s at their doorstep, because I often think that’s the case. However, it’s becoming less so. I mean, we had January 6 happen and it’s amazing how many think it wasn’t a big deal, or even a good thing.

As far as this thread goes, I hope they actually work something out constructively so that we all play our part and start looking like a country again l, instead of trying to be the bigger antagonist than the other side, but my hopes are slim.

There’s just too much anger, fear and irrationality. We’ve all collectively devolved and want to blame someone for it rather than looking at how we can actually work together.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I refuse to give recognition to these GOPer cries over the border while their leaders are acting like idiots, trying to taunt sanctuary cities, and they are still supporting full-on fascist MAGA. As far as I'm concerned those immigrants are better people.

Legend
Legend
Playing politics with human lives. So typical of the cons. Blue wave III coming up. Enjoy cons.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only real complaints I've been hearing is that these places want a heads up that illegals are being sent there so they are prepared. It's not as if these border states don't know they will be crossing the border. But when you start sending them to the VP's home, you're just being an ass hat. But hey, all you have to do is read this thread to see more people are interested in pwning the libs than solving the problem.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Yep, they point out the issues that plague every administration and blame the Dems for every plague, as if a Republican administration did anything at all to help the issues that plague us all. Lol. Oh well. The GOPer party of obstruction continues. Cutting off their collective noses in spite of their faces. Hell bent to make Biden look bad and making trump their savior. Like the good little deplorable lap dogs they are.

– Jackie Robinson
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
They don’t care about the thousands in Texas and Arizona and New Mexico. Bring ‘em all in just not in my neighborhood. That is the elites for you. Do my lawn . Clean my house. But don’t come to my neighborhood. Dump hundreds into Eagle Pass Texas, pop. 25k or so but don’t bring any to NYC , pop. 9 million or so. The height of hypocrisy is the President flies thousands of illegal immigrants into towns, many in he the dark of night , he buses thousands more into towns without providing any support, and all is okie dokie. If governor Abbott or Desantis fly/ bus them to NYC, Chitown or DC and the world is ending for you lefties. What a joke!! Good for my governor! He is standing up for the citizens of his state.

Here is a way to deal with the problem. Have our leadership grow a pair and protect our border. No more buses, no more flights. Piece of cake!

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
After migrants arrived in Martha's Vineyard, a community gathered to welcome them

After the unexpected arrival of nearly 50 migrants flown Wednesday into Martha's Vineyard, local organizations and community members have been providing around-the-clock support.

"As we do with any shelter operation, we are focused on meeting the immediate needs of people we are sheltering, and engaged in contingency planning if the situation changes," according to a news release from the Dukes County, Mass., Emergency Management Association.

"We are grateful to the many local and neighboring community members who have reached out with offers of support," the statement adds.

Residents across Martha's Vineyard said they were scrambling to care for the immigrants, who arrived on two separate planes. The flights, which originated in San Antonio, Texas, were paid for by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, according to his office.

"Everything from beds to food to clothing to toothbrushes, toothpaste, blankets, sheets — I mean, we had some of it ... but we did not have the numbers that we needed," said Lisa Belcastro, who runs the island's homeless shelter, in an interview with NPR.

Migrants arrived in a cloud of confusion

Most of the migrants that arrived at the New England summer vacation spot were from Venezuela, and many spoke little to no English. Local Spanish-speaking high school students were brought in to serve as translators.

Edgartown Police Chief Bruce McNamee told NPR that many of the migrants were confused as to why they were dropped off without warning.

"There is a lot of concern. We have talked to a number of people who've asked, 'Where am I?' And then us trying to explain where Martha's Vineyard is has been a challenge," McNamee said.

Elizabeth Folcarelli, chief executive of the nonprofit Martha's Vineyard Community Services, told The Associated Press she was wrapping up work for the day when she saw nearly 50 migrants carrying luggage and backpacks approaching her office.

The migrants, according to Folcarelli, carried red folders with brochures advertising the services of her organization.

"They were told that they would have a job. and they would have housing," Folcarelli told the AP.

They thought they were headed toward sanctuary

Three migrants separately described to NPR how they were lured onto the plane with promises of help getting work. Each was told they were being flown to Boston and, once they arrived, they could more quickly get work because they were told it is a "sanctuary city."

Andres Duarte, a 30-year-old Venezuelan, told NPR he had recently crossed the border into Texas, and eventually went to a shelter in San Antonio.

A woman, who he and other migrants identified only as Perla, approached them outside the shelter. She made hotel arrangements for them, offered them food, and then got them on a plane.

In a statement to NPR, a spokesperson for Gov. DeSantis confirmed that the migrants were transported by Florida under a state program that was funded by the legislature earlier this year.

"States like Massachusetts, New York and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration," the statement reads.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/16/1123...d58AlJvDgawl7E_VekWKqI5fc5L24IulMY_ssEtQ

Migrants arrive to a warm welcome on Martha's Vineyard

EDGARTOWN - A big effort from a small island to welcome about 50 Venezuelan migrants and make them feel at home. A steady stream of locals from Martha's Vineyard dropped off bins of clothes and bags of food at a shelter set up in St. Andrews Episcopal Church Thursday.

Through an interpreter, one of the migrants described his first interactions with locals after he got off a plane that had come straight from Texas. "Everybody was like, 'who are you?' 'No, who are you?' And everybody's like, 'well?'"

Translator Claudia Quesada was happy to help clear up the confusion. She just happened to be on the Vineyard performing in a play by a Chilean playwright. "It's funny 'cause we all, the cast, we all speak Spanish and this morning it's like, 'hey we need anybody who can help translate,' so we're like 'hey, we're here!'"

She said the group of migrants had no idea they were headed to an island. "The woman just told him that, 'I'm going to take you to Massachusetts,'" she said, translating. "They're extremely grateful for everyone's hospitality, and everyone's been so welcoming and kind."

"I just feel really badly for the people. You know it's a tragedy," said one woman who dropped off bags of fruit. "It's really upsetting that these poor people have been used," said another woman who stopped by on a bike offering to donate money. "I am so sorry for them, and I hope that they settle in somewhere and are cared for."

A team of volunteers with Martha's Vineyard Community Services set up cots and tables with food.

"Also just comforting and letting them know. They were dropped off without any real idea. The very first thing that every individual has said as they come up is, 'Do you have work?'"

Those were essentially the words a migrant told reporters Thursday through an interpreter. "If there was somebody that could ask to give me the opportunity to give me a chance to stay here and work, because his journey was a month and 20 days and it has to be worth it," said the interpreter. "That's what he wishes."

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/migrants-arrive-warm-welcome-marthas-vineyard/

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
So then what the heck is the problem. Everybody can just suck it up, quit whining and take care of their illegals. Shoot most of the ones in Martha’s Vineyard can be put up on obama’s luxurious estate. Plenty of room.

Curious why since they are so welcoming we are hearing so many complaints about them getting them. Why are these huge sanctuary cities complaining so much about so relatively few compared to population? Why are people so adverse to controlling our border???

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you paid attention you would know. Firstly, you seem to wish to ignore immigration law. People have the right to come here and file for asylum. They have aright to a hearing on the matter. If they didn't border states could simply send them back. And sending them to people's residences show your utter lack of total foolery. Your desire to pwn the libs and nothing else. It's sad and sickening.

And since you obviously missed it, it's not the problem of immigrants coming to sanctuary cities. It's the problem of nobody being told they are coming. They just show up with nobody having been able to prepare. And before you make yourself look foolish again, border states know they're coming. In the case of Martha's Vineyard, they aren't a sanctuary "city". It is a residential area with no manufacturing or other major employers. Yet they were told they would be sent where jobs would be awaiting them. Oh, that's right, they're illegal so lying to them is perfectly alright. I forgot.

And if you want to get into who has room for them, according to that logic Mar-a-Lago has a lot of room.

And I'm sure what ever news you are watching probably hasn't informed you that border states receive a huge amount of federal funding to help pay for programs for the cost of these people.

You see, I'm all for this being an issue that every state be a part of. Of course if you bothered to read the entire thread you would already know this. I have no problem with every state taking in these people and helping burden the cost and impact. But despite what seems to be the reaction of many, it needs to be a combined effort. Their should be communication between the states at least to the point locations can be prepared to take them in.

Because despite what many people seem to indicate, these people are no less human beings than we are.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Talk to some border patrol agents and they will tell you how “fake ass” the border crisis is. It’s a crisis partly because our President would rather penalize border patrol agents for something they did not do, a big lie, instead of protecting our border.

And none of those people you keep attacking are traitors or terrorists or insurrectionists. In fact , every dang one of them would defend America 🇺🇸 if she were attacked. As opposed to 52% of dems who said they would not.

So why is it you are ok with 2 million + people crossing our border illegally every year. I know you love illegals and hate a large percentage of Americans, but I think people should come in the right way, legally. Radical idea I know, but makes sense to me.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I refuse to give recognition to these GOPer cries over the border while their leaders are acting like idiots, trying to taunt sanctuary cities, and they are still supporting full-on fascist MAGA. As far as I'm concerned those immigrants are better people.

That’s all well and good, but tell me what should be done about it, rather than point out the obvious that DeSantis and Abbott are self-interested d-bags.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The only real complaints I've been hearing is that these places want a heads up that illegals are being sent there so they are prepared. It's not as if these border states don't know they will be crossing the border. But when you start sending them to the VP's home, you're just being an ass hat. But hey, all you have to do is read this thread to see more people are interested in pwning the libs than solving the problem.

But that’s all you need to do in the modern day R party. I can’t even remember the last measure they put forth that was for the greater good.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You just brought up a lot of conjecture and suppositions with very little facts.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The saddest part of this story is that these people did it right. They followed the rules.
Upon arriving, they surrendered themselves to ICE. They applied for asylum as refugees fleeing political violence. They didn't try to sneak in, which means that they are LEGAL immigrants- at least until they receive their hearings.

And then DeSantis pulls this crap on people who didn't deserve it. Paid for 2 planes to 'deport' them from a state he doesn't govern.

Have you seen video from Martha's Vineyard?
Real Americans doing what we've always done: taking in the tired, the sick, the poor... and now, the hijacked/kidnapped.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Talk to some border patrol agents and they will tell you how “fake ass” the border crisis is. It’s a crisis partly because our President would rather penalize border patrol agents for something they did not do, a big lie, instead of protecting our border.

And none of those people you keep attacking are traitors or terrorists or insurrectionists. In fact , every dang one of them would defend America 🇺🇸 if she were attacked. As opposed to 52% of dems who said they would not.

So why is it you are ok with 2 million + people crossing our border illegally every year. I know you love illegals and hate a large percentage of Americans, but I think people should come in the right way, legally. Radical idea I know, but makes sense to me.

Oh so you talk to border patrol agents all the time. Lol

And a lot of the people we keep attacking are domestic terrorists and insurrectionists.

And you don’t have a shrewd of evidence that 2 million people illegally cross our border every year do you? That’s just a number someone pulled out of your butt and stuffed into your mouth right?

Cons ..all you cons crack me up. Just lies. You believe the biggest lies coming from the biggest liars of all time. Possibly the the biggest liars the world has ever seen before.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
On tax payers dime. Florida tax payer paid for their free trip. I heard a lot of these folks where headed for New England anyways. Now thanks to Florida tax payers our federal taxes wern’t used. DaSantis did U.S. tax payers a favor and screwed Florida tax payers.

– Jackie Robinson
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
They are human beings not American citizens. And since you are big on immigration law, how many of those people applying for asylum are from Mexico?? Because as I am sure you know, you must apply for asylum in the first country you come to. So if they are not from Mexico they should have applied for asylum in Mexico. How many do you think did? So we have no legal obligation to grant them an application if they did not.

Regardless , releasing a bunch of unvetted illegals into our country who “promise “ they will come back for their hearing is just plain dumb. They are in the wind. Btw, for all those sweet words from supposed residents of Martha’s Vineyard, about how “welcoming” they are, they must not be that welcoming since all the illegals are on the mainland under the care of the national guard, at a military base I believe. I guess they wore out their welcome.

It makes perfect sense that sanctuary cities and sanctuary states are the right place for illegals to go. After all, they are such “welcoming people”. lol

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Why don’t you google “border patrol agents talking about border situation” and see what they have to say. While you are at it google “number of illegals coming into USA past 12 months. That number is not a secret. The money we spend on illegals could better be spent helping America’s Heroes.

I just looked at an NBC website. They cited 239,000 illegals crossing the last month. You do the math.or maybe NBC is a conservative news agency. lol

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 09/16/22 08:58 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The immigration crisis is trench warfare with a lot of shouting and shooting of mouths, but at the end of the day there is no movement and no chance for victory or peace.

Both sides have adopted unreasonable positions to get their supporters to provide more ammunition, but don’t want to change things.

Compromise is not an option and what is needed.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Miami Herald

‘Sadistic lie.’ Venezuelans flown to Martha’s Vineyard search for a way off the island
Bianca Padró Ocasio

Fri, September 16, 2022 at 5:30 AM

Standing on a cobblestone sidewalk in a touristy downtown neighborhood of this island thousands of miles from his native Venezuela, a young man used a cellphone Thursday night to record a message to Florida’s governor.

“Listen, Ron Desantis, one more Venezuelan speaking here,” he said, turning to film the crowd that had come to see the migrants flown by the state of Florida to Martha’s Vineyard and the Episcopalian church where they were now sleeping, eating and praying. “And, well, just grateful for the little prank you pulled on us.”

“You hit a home run.”

About 24 hours after they unwittingly agreed to board private planes to the island, a group of nearly 50 migrants — most, if not all, hailing from Venezuela — remained in limbo Thursday night as volunteer attorneys worked to understand their legal situations.

Migrants in the group said they’d agreed to fly to Massachusetts on the promise of jobs and assistance but didn’t realize they were bound for Martha’s Vineyard. No one on the island knew they were coming and, according to their attorneys, they’d been given falsified U.S. addresses by immigration officials, perhaps ensuring that they’d be deemed in the country illegally.

“They were told there was a surprise present for them, and that there would be jobs and housing awaiting for them when they arrived. This was obviously a sadistic lie,” said Rachel Self, a Boston immigration attorney who was assisting with the migrants’ cases.

Local church members and politicians rushed to help. TV cameras on tripods overtook a small one-way street in front of the St. Andrews Episcopal Church, where the families had taken up temporary shelter. Neighbors biked or walked their dogs to witness the scene for themselves.

Inside St. Andrews, volunteers walked in and out all day in shifts. They accepted food. They took in bags of candy. They accepted warm clothes. Staff from the Salvation Army pledged to stay “as long as it takes.”

Earlier in the day, they had Mass together. In the evening, everyone was called to dinner behind the parish so they could eat far from the cameras and microphones. Many miles away from home, the families ate a plate of foods they recognized, complete with plantain tajadas

Attorneys who flocked to St. Andrews to assist the families said the help they were getting on the island stood in stark contrast to the treatment they received on their way there, alleging the migrants endured layers of deception that led them to hop on the planes and could even be entitled to protections conferred to migrants who are victims of crimes.

Self said the migrants were intentionally used to create chaos and crisis, as no government agency or humanitarian organization was alerted about the group’s arrival in Martha’s Vineyard. Self said the problem was exacerbated when officials with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security allegedly falsified addresses on the migrants’ immigration paperwork, and said they could change them upon arriving in Massachusetts.

READ MORE: ‘A new low’: What some Miami Venezuelans think of migrants taken to Martha’s Vineyard

“Agents apparently chose random homeless shelters all across the country from Washington to Florida, to list the migrants mailing addresses, even when told by the migrants that they had no address in the U.S.,” Self claimed.

The group of migrants, Self said, were being asked to appear in jurisdictions near homeless shelters all across the country as early as next Monday. She said the migrants were essentially “kidnapped.”

“There is no other reason to list as someone’s mailing address a homeless shelter in Tacoma, Washington when they ship him to Massachusetts. It is sickeningly cruel throwing obstacles in the way of people fleeing violence and oppression, some of whom walked through 10 countries in the hopes of finding safety,” Self said. “It is shameful and inhuman. Many of these victims were deprived of medical care despite clear existing injuries. These are human beings who were deprived of basic human rights.”

The only frame of reference for the migrants, attorneys said, were two maps tucked inside a red folder that had school-level maps of the U.S. and Martha’s Vineyard. The U.S. map had a red line that linked Texas to Massachusetts. The Martha’s Vineyard map had a red dot in the middle.

Juan Ramirez, 24, from the Andean state of Táchira in Venezuela, said he landed in immigration detention in Texas when he crossed the border 15 days ago. After he was released in San Antonio, an unidentified woman offered to take them to a place where she promised they would be better served.

The woman said their destination wasn’t going to be like one of those cities full of Venezuelans with fewer resources to go around, like Miami or New York, according to one migrant who asked not to be named. The woman, the migrant said, suggested she was waiting to reach a certain quota of people to fill the plane’s seats so they could make the trip happen.

“It was a plane ticket they gifted us in Texas, a private plane, a private flight and they left us here. But they told us they would welcome us here, they would help us, they would give us shelter, they would give us work,” Ramirez said.

But the peak season for employment at Martha’s Vineyard just ended, as the season changes and part-time residents leave.

“When we get here we find the surprise that no one knew we were coming here,” said Ramirez.

Ramirez said volunteers and attorneys have been helping them since yesterday and figuring out plans to move them to other cities, but nothing certain has materialized.

“To these wonderful people who find themselves plane-wrecked on our island, I have a message for all of them,” said Self. “You are not alone. We have your backs. We are proud to be here for you.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sadistic-lie-venezuelans-flown-martha-093000674.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It has been widely reported that these people have hearings scheduled all across the nation in different immigration courts. You have zero evidence to the contrary. What you are arguing is that you don't think we should follow the law. Because they have the right to be here until they have that hearing. So what you're doing is suggest we not follow the law. And as for your suggestion that immigrants don't show up for these hearings, that claim has been debunked time and time again. But that's what people such as yourself love to do. Just throw crap against the wall hoping something sticks.

11 Years of Government Data Reveal That Immigrants Do Show Up for Court

https://www.americanimmigrationcoun...ent-data-reveal-immigrants-do-show-court

I have no idea where you come up with some of the crazy crap you post. Immigrants do NOT have to apply for asylum in Mexico!

Is it legal to cross the U.S. border to seek asylum?

People arriving at the U.S. border have the right to request asylum without being criminalized, turned back or separated from their children—even during a pandemic. Here’s how the process works:

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum

If you want to know where these people came from, do some reading. It seems like you really need to. Obviously you've just been spouting off things that aren't true so informing yourself would certainly be helpful. But just a hint, no, they're not Mexicans.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.6

Link Copied to Clipboard