Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Versatile Dog #1972062 09/21/22 10:02 AM
Legend
Legend
37!!!! damn Vers congrats bro thats big time! i dont care whatever frienemies situation were in, marriage that long should be celebrated! congrats man!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
Swish #1972065 09/21/22 10:05 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks bro!

Swish #1972090 09/21/22 11:12 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Swish
37!!!! damn Vers congrats bro thats big time! i dont care whatever frienemies situation were in, marriage that long should be celebrated! congrats man!

Agreed. Huge accomplishment. My wife and will be married 12 years on Sept 24. Feels like 1200...at least that's what we tell each other.

1 member likes this: Swish
Rishuz #1972094 09/21/22 12:03 PM
Legend
Legend
I know what you mean about seeming longer. We have 33yrs under our belt, and we only have very vague recollections of what single life was like. It seems most of those years were spent testing the waters trying to find the right partner anyway.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
bonefish #1972204 09/21/22 07:57 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
3 players to watch as Browns look to bounce-back vs. Steelers

John Dillon
September 21, 2022 7:43 pm ET

In their Week 3 tilt against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Cleveland Browns will seek to prove that their loss on Sunday to the New York Jets was just a fluke. An utter defensive collapse late in their last matchup was to blame for the poor result, but against the likes of quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, hopes are high that they can get back over the .500 mark before the season comes into full swing.

Here are three players to keep your eye on during this Thursday night tilt against Pittsburgh as the Browns find themselves in a must-win situation after early season woes:

Quarterback Jacoby Brissett

Brissett is likely to be out for blood as he seeks to prove that he belongs among the NFL’s crew of starting quarterbacks. He threw an interception on Cleveland’s last drive against New York that sealed the Browns’ fate in the final seconds of their Week 2 loss, but had played a masterful game up to that point.

The Steelers host a talented ball-hawking secondary, so a sterling performance from Brissett would be all the more impressive. If he can show that he is up to the task of taking down a potential playoff contender early in the season, Brissett will buy himself some serious cache with fans and general managers around the league.

Safety Grant Delpit

Cleveland Browns defensive back Grant Delpit (22) reacts with cornerback A.J. Green (38) after intercepting a pass from Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson during the first half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021, in Baltimore. (AP Photo/Nick Wass)

After helping blow the Browns’ lead last week, Delpit needs to show that he is better than his performance against the Jets would indicate. In the past, Delpit has been a rock-solid contributor on Cleveland’s defense, so a return to form would go a long way toward ingratiating himself to the Browns’ fanbase.

He had remarkably little to say to reporters in the wake of the Week 2 loss, and should be ready to prove that he can play at the same level he has in previous seasons. With an interception against the Steelers, Delpit could get this season back on track.

Wide receiver Amari Cooper

Cooper was a stand out against New York and should carry the momentum he built on Sunday into this matchup against Pittsburgh. His 101 receiving yards led the team by a wide margin, and the touchdown he scored was a clear indication that he is building chemistry with Jacoby Brissett. He was brought in during the offseason to be a key playmaker on Cleveland’s offense, and with another stat-sheet-stuffer of a game, he would solidify his role as the Browns’ top receiving threat.

Watch for Cooper to be a featured target against the Steelers, and for the passing game to be schemed to get him open in key situations. Pittsburgh will likely be keyed in on Nick Chubb and the running game, so this matchup is a perfect opportunity for Cooper to show he can carry the load as Brissett’s number-one option.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lis...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Versatile Dog #1972211 09/21/22 08:17 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Lost in all the meltdown was AC’s game (I thought it was cool the fans were already doing the (Coooooo) in unison after he’d made a play. I read an article about his attention to detail when running routes, and it seemed he was open a lot Sunday. If he and Jacoby can continue to develop their chemistry, that would be huge.

I’m glad we got him.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 29 Steelers 17 Steelers

Link Copied to Clipboard