Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
sexton was on the chopping block the moment he got hurt and we started gelling, so he's good but not a good fit for our team. imma miss Markkanen but this is donovan mitchell we're talking about. i agree with your take on our team now. we can compete, and compete for more than a couple of seasons.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
L
Legend
Legend
L
Love Mitchell but that’s a lot to give up. We still have a hole at the 2. Thought Agbachi was going to be that guy. Losing Markhannen is going to suck too, a lot of success with that big lineup. Let’s hope it works out great. A young team for sure. I suspect this will be one of the most fun teams to watch for the next few years

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
Did they get rid of LeVert?

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
What a big trade. Cavs are total contenders now. That’s a heck of a lineup

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Love Mitchell but that’s a lot to give up. We still have a hole at the 2. Thought Agbachi was going to be that guy. Losing Markhannen is going to suck too, a lot of success with that big lineup. Let’s hope it works out great. A young team for sure. I suspect this will be one of the most fun teams to watch for the next few years

Man, I thought you would be over the moon excited about this.

I might get NBA League Pass this year.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

LeVert is under contract through this season then becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by leadtheway

Let’s be honest, the big piece in this deal for us is Markhannen since Agbach isn't a proven NBA player yet. He was solid for us but to get Mitchell without having to give up one of our big three core players? That is huge. Sexton is good but was already on his was out and is made of glass. That's really not a lot to give up players wise for what we are getting back.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
$ 1st rounders is a big number. I include the guy we just drafted. The link below shows we are stacked up with 2nd round picks. I know that NBA 2nd rounds is more like NFL 3rd rounders, but you can still get good depth players to infuse. We also swap picks twice. Not sure how all that timing works out but we still have 1st rounders to work with.

Overall I would say it is a good deal for both teams. I mean you have to give something to get something.

https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/Cavaliers/6/draft-picks

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Milk Man

LeVert is under contract through this season then becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Thanks. I was asking because lead said we didn't have a 2. LeVert has some flaws, but things are pretty good if he is your 5th best starter.

M
Legend
Legend
M
That Windhorst meme is priceless.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
That Windhorst meme is priceless.

I don't get it.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Thanks. I was asking because lead said we didn't have a 2. LeVert has some flaws, but things are pretty good if he is your 5th best starter.

I’m confused here, isnt DM a 2? Leaving Okoro and Levert to play the 3 right?

After quite a bit of reading, I guess the Cavs have or will have alot of money to offer a 3 next off-season, like a MAX contract, is this true?

Frenchy #1966828 09/02/22 01:51 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you are right, but I was just referring to lead's post. I didn't think he meant Mitchell when he said we didn't have a 2, so that is why I asked about LeVert. I think both guys can play the 2 and the 3 and matchups will dictate who they defend. A lot of those types of guys are just referred to as wings in today's game.

V
Legend
Legend
V

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think you are right, but I was just referring to lead's post. I didn't think he meant Mitchell when he said we didn't have a 2, so that is why I asked about LeVert. I think both guys can play the 2 and the 3 and matchups will dictate who they defend. A lot of those types of guys are just referred to as wings in today's game.

I actually forgot we still had LeVert, For some reason I thought he was a one-year rental. He's def. more of a 2 than DM is. Its not so much about the offense, we will have plenty of that, but Garland and DM together will struggle to defense bigger lineups, Last year we could counter by throwing love, markhannen and mobley out there and make other teams switch. But it showed last year a small backcourt has trouble defending traditional lineups.. Both Garland and DM at 6'1 are small even for PG's and both them and LeVert have the propensity to miss quite a bit of time due to injuries. I really wish we had rubio at the start, and I like Lopez even though he's older. Overall I think we will have a deep run this year IF everyone stays healthy, injuries totally derailed us last year.. I think we could have went deep last year. I will say this about Altman, he's not afraid to swing for the fences.. You can bet Lebron would rather have this team then that trainwreck in LA

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
Lebron couldn't have this team. One day he might be able to be on it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Lebron couldn't have this team. One day he might be able to be on it.

If LeBron joined this team without having to give up any of the current players, it would be a disaster. LeBron has one offense that he can play in, he's too ball dominant, and he needs shooters. It would be torture for the players and the fans.

I actually think the current team is going to be a lot of fun to watch. And I forgot they still have Kevin Love. A guaranteed 12 and 8 off the bench every night.

Man, the Cavs are exciting.

Rishuz #1969902 09/14/22 03:26 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Well, this is sad.

Legend
Legend
Man, that sucks. My prayers go out to Zydrunas and their family.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's terribly sad.

Legend
Legend

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard