Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1976298 10/05/22 08:58 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Unfortunately I have to cut back on going to the games and sitting with Columbus his wife and son. The seats in Club are amazing and the tailgates are a family affair of good food drinks and love from close friends.

Not sure how a gas station can get busted for gas price gouging and entertainment events can charge $7.50 for a bottle of water, yes I do know the why. Not right though.

With the economy and the prices of everything I decided I have to budget my money. So giving up the best times of my life is one choice I have to do and it saddens me in a bad way !

My 15 year old vizio 60" died on me, Time to buy a new tv. Bj's had a LG 65 70 and 75" for ridiculously cheap prices.

I chose the 65" for under $400 because the other two were still in the price range, but I felt my eyeballs would be moving to much to see everything going on lol

So for this game being the Chargers I'm staying home. Thought about reaching out to GM Pdawg and Ytown to see if they were going to head out to BB Rooners or Coaches in Salem

to watch the game, or go to Jersey's bar here in Canton

Again that gets expensive and I decided that it being the Chargers

I'm going to make something that charges me, I decided to drink moonshine and eat energizer bunnies ! lol

So the menu will be my special fish breading with a hot sauce and beer

Downtown Canton has the Centennial plaza with the Amphitheater that has a large outdoor screen bars/restaurants around and they let you tailgate there.

They play the Buckeyes and Browns games there and have cool light shows

So if the weather is nice, I may just grab my cooler put a few beers in it, grab my chair and head there.

Any of you have fun plans or just a typical Browns game day planned

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm kind of in your boat. Really been watching the cash flow. Plus, now have payments on a vehicle. I never turn the furnace on until Nov. at the earliest, some years December. Hey, we have cold weather clothes. A/c has been off for a while. Awesome to get the $90 electric bill this time of year.

For a long, long time, wife and I have spent a weekend in October in Cleveland. Celebrate our anniversary, my birthday, and get to see a game. Not this year. Saving money, as I see bad things coming economically.

But, we have a great covered patio/porch. We'll grill whatever suits us, eat outside or inside, and I'll be stationed in the garage for the game. As is the norm.

Legend
Legend
Would like to be home for the game, had hoped to go to the game. I've got a concert Friday night in C-Bus and now the wife has to work Saturday, so we'll be in Fort Wayne Sunday.

Probably (finally) head out to the Fort Wayne Backers pub and meet some new Browns fans.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
It was good seeing you last year for a quick moment

Hopefully the weather is nice to just enjoy some outside at home football

1 member likes this: archbolddawg
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I looked for you as always in club, as you said you weren't there for the Jets game

I'll never forget being outside of the stadium in the grass and you wer so upset about the lost to the Steelers that the Browns should have won

Hopefully you'll have a good time with the Fort Wayne Backers

Legend
Legend
It's a Browns game... Plans: Drink... heavily....

Just Kidding... sort of.... Son has scouts so will hopefully watch as much of the game as we can before having to go to scouts...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Jay bird , your son has scouts ?

It seems like he should be only 2 years old

my goodness how time flies by

E
Legend
Legend
E
I will be in CLE visiting with friends and family and attending the game.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
That's Wonderful Eve !!

You get to go to back to back games

hopefully you walk out happy after the game

you plan on tailgating

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yes, we need to win!

I wont be tailgating. I'll be drinking enough. On Friday doing a pub crawl with my friend in Tremont. And Saturday going out with with fam who knows where.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I wont be tailgating. I'll be drinking enough. On Friday doing a pub crawl with my friend in Tremont.

Hit up Cloak and Dagger. Really cool place in Tremont as far getting a drink goes. Awesome cocktails.

https://cloakanddaggercle.com/

E
Legend
Legend
E
I read good things about that place!

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I’m happy for everyone that gets to go to the game. I’d love to go.

Game starts at 7 am here. I’ll do my usual.

Watch the game at my condo, have other games on the split screens while hanging out on the lanai. I’ll be watching the game, while watching the surfers and tourist having fun on the gorgeous beach/ocean. There’s nothing like the beautiful relaxing view while watching the total chaos of a Browns game on the tv screen. It’s like mixing oil and water rofl

2 members like this: tastybrownies, FATE
E
Legend
Legend
E
Downtown is going to be crazy this weekend between the Browns game and the Gaurdians playoff games. willynilly

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
I read good things about that place!

Literary Tavern is a cool place as well. Velvet Tango Room serves some fantastic cocktails as well. Have fun!

https://www.velvettangoroom.com/

1 member likes this: EveDawg
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Many libations are a good idea for the game. That and a goodly supply of TUMS!!!!!!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 10/05/22 11:49 PM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Pat and I are heading up Friday AM. We plan to stay in Covington, Ky for the night, but I may push further to Columbus. I am toying with the idea of getting a couple of Guardians tickets for the Saturday game, then the Browns on Sunday. With the Pats the following week, we are just staying through. We are heading to Niagara Falls. It's been at least 25 years since we last visited. Staying in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario through Wednesday, then head back towards Cleveland for the Pats game.

A bit more than I would choose, but in the words of my Grandpop, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" so it is what it is. I am well-seasoned at sitting on some bench watching people, waiting for her to shop and do her thing. It's Christmas gift shopping season for her, so I suspect acting as her mule will be a part of the process.

Just the give and take part of things, it is what it is.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
First time in years I wont be at a home game. Watching the game in CBus then going to see the Who.. prolly my last time seeing Daltrey and Townshend.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SaintDawg
First time in years I wont be at a home game. Watching the game in CBus then going to see the Who.. prolly my last time seeing Daltrey and Townshend.

Awsome. I'm a huge Who fan. In 1989, I saw them in Cleveland July 19th, got married July 21st, and saw them again July 25th in Detroit. It was a good week! I haven't seen them live since John Entwistle passed away.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
So the menu will be my special fish breading with a hot sauce and beer

Man, I'm sure your special fish breading is great so I'm not meaning to knock it. And I know that finances can get tight. But hopefully you'll be able to get some fish to put that breading on. I'm quite sure that would be much better.

thumbsup

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
OMG !!! LMAO !! That was great Pit !!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
peen - sounds like a great time. Safe travels, and enjoy!

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The game will not be on in Youngstown so I will probably meet up with GM at his local bar. We should make plans to meet up (I’ll bring GM and Ytown if they’re healthy enough) for a game later this year.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You three have invited me out and I never made it

This time I will definitely make a better effort of getting together with you three

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by SaintDawg

Dang! That's a cool gig !! Have a great time

Text me pics of that ! Have a great and safe time !

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Wow ! You have a great plan together that sounds pretty good Peen.

Push harder and stay in Canton and we can meet up for dinner and a walk around the Hall of Fame

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg
The game will not be on in Youngstown so I will probably meet up with GM at his local bar. We should make plans to meet up (I’ll bring GM and Ytown if they’re healthy enough) for a game later this year.

I would love to try, but I have trouble walking these days.

Earlier today my leg gave out and I mashed my knee.

I don't know if they have closeby handicapped parking at the stadiun, or not.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
....I am toying with the idea of getting a couple of Guardians tickets for the Saturday game....

Do not toy, do! Tickets are sold out except for standing room only. Obviously, you can grab some on the secondary market.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Jay bird , your son has scouts ?

It seems like he should be only 2 years old

my goodness how time flies by

yeah it's crazy - one is 10 and the other about to turn 8.... getting old my friend...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
....I am toying with the idea of getting a couple of Guardians tickets for the Saturday game....

Do not toy, do! Tickets are sold out except for standing room only. Obviously, you can grab some on the secondary market.

That's really good to see !

Finally seeing some support in the stands for the young and exciting Team

All Pro
All Pro
No local coverage so no cares. I'll get the recap here and move on with life.

I need to go shooting in anticipation of my department's annual requalification on Wednesday. So I'll take Son #2 and head off to the range for a bit then take him to buy clothes for his first medical school interview. I'm so glad I didn't buy Sunday Ticket for this season.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Secondary market would have been the route, but we already have enough on the docket. Like a pipedream, it went up in smoke. I will have to catch the last few innings on the hotel room TV or some bar where we grab a bit of lunch/dinner before checking in..My son and i saw the Guards play the Twins the last trip up. They had a Monday make-up game. We won, maybe 11-4?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Sams Wedge Inn I will be there around 11:00

http://samswedgeinn.com/

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just got to CLE and checked into the hotel. My room has a view of the lake and stadium. Pretty cool.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: lampdogg
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice. Have fun and bring us a winner.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Have fun!!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Just got to CLE and checked into the hotel. My room has a view of the lake and stadium. Pretty cool.

Sounds like it could be the Weston or Marriott Key center. Both are nice and have very nice views. I stay in one or the other when I come up for night games, or even 4PM kick games. Otherwise I stay out on the Berea area at a Marriott property.

Tonight we are in Covington, KY with a nice river and Cincy skyline view. Cincy has a real nice skyline at night.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
When the kids were young we would go to the Aquarium there

Then Hooters on the River

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You at the Hilton ?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We stayed at the Hilton a few years ago. 29th floor corner room. The view was impressive, though game day morning you couldn't see out the window. I told my sweetie to call the front desk and tell them we wanted out view back. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 28 Chargers 30 plans for the game

Link Copied to Clipboard