Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
2 and 4. Probably looking at a finish below. 500 this year
But going foward what can be fixed and what is beyond repair?
I will go with the unfixable 1st

I don't think this team has a true leader.
I see alot of the same quotes week after week
" I need to coach better, we will look at the film,
Nobody quits blah blah "
Nick Chubb is a hellion for a RB. But he is very quiet
He leads by example, but is he TEAM LEADER?
No one on defense really shows leadership
I don't see that one player on D that can galvanize
That group when things are falling apart

The tackling is unfixable. Grant Delphit still won't wrap up.
God is he over rated

The WR room Is unfixable. DPJ yet again has fooled
Many again thinking he is a good WR. Schwartz is garbage

Here is what is fixable.
I think Phroah Brown can be a weapon going foward
Harrison Bryant is a bust.

Joe Woods possibly can be replaced
People forget he failed in San Fran as their DC
The Niners defense has become top 5 under Ryan

More creativity on the defense
Garrett rushed from the left side today
It paid off in a forced fumble

Legend
Legend
We need a complete overhaul in ATTITUDE, both on and off the field. We are lifeless losers … that goes for coaches and players.

We need to get rid of Delpit and Phillips.

We need to sign/draft MULTIPLE DL across the board.

We need Brissett to be our backup.

We need to ditch the analytics above all else approach .. there are some nuances where some football IQ and feel need to be applied.

We need to ADJUST to what other good teams have taken away recently: the PA game and screen game. That’s why our offense is stifled.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: FATE
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think you need the coaching staff upgraded.. This team needs to start adhering to its motto. Either you are tough, smart and accountable or you are out, goes for the coaching, who are none of those things. Next thing is get a legit NFL talent evaluator in here. Someone that comes from perennial winners, not an Ivy league school as their criteria. Depo should be shown the door. These last couple drafts have been embarrassing, and almost as much as the FA and what we've done to the roster. There doesn't seem to be a plan other than save cap and squander draft picks and participate in a circus every offseason.. So if that is the plan, we are executing it flawlessly. What isn't fixable is the fact we have no draft capital and we have 2 of the worst contracts ever handed out with zero return. Playcalling needs to be handed over to AVP. KS if he is to remain as HC needs to let someone else call the plays so he can pay attention to all 3 phases of the game.. This hands off approach doesn't work. ST and Defense is the worst it has ever been. Someone needs to be fired to show accountability. Even if it doesn't change the end result, its all about the message it sends.. Joe Woods couldn't coach high school defense. Hes never done it successfully anywhere. I'd look hard at a Kris Richard or Anthony Weaver if you want younger. But I think a Mike Zimmer would be a great pickup. But bottom line is Berry's seat should be just as hot as anyones.. I mean Name one difference maker he has signed or drafted...in 3 years..just one.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
All Pro
All Pro
A dysfunctional working environment and a unhealthy culture is often the underlying issues when a organization repeatedly underperform and can’t elevate despite investing heavily in talents and new contracts. Results don’t lie.

Legend
Legend
Oh there’s no doubt our franchise is dysfunctional lol. It has been since Modell moved it.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
The only thing I can fix is my fandom.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I know we’re all stuck with the Browns, but my dad and I were joking last night: give us a dartboard with all 31 other teams on it, blindfold us and let us just stick with who we land on. Guaranteed our lives will be 50% better

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'll just watch redzone or nothing at all. Plan stuff with the family. Halloween night I'm taking the kids trick or treating. Don't plan to watch the game at all. It's just not worth it anymore. Too much emotion and anger. I feel like when you don't watch those things get mitigated substantially. If they win you can always go back and watch a replay knowing the outcome. Let's be honest, the Browns don't deserve our fandom.

Legend
Legend
I do that sometimes with the Yankees. Just turn them off. I haven’t been able to kick the Browns yet. Maybe I need to have kids so I can take them Trick or Treating lol

F
Legend
Legend
F
Get rid of the Elf in the field first. That thing is the stupidest looking midfield logo.

KS, needs to hand of the game day play calling and focus on managing the game from both sides, and start working to find fixes for the weaker unit on gameday.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: Hammer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For as bad as Baker could be on the field, he was showed confidence and it could be contagious.

Now we're playing hesitant on both sides of the ball. A moment's hesitation is all it takes to give up a big play or to give a DB a jump on the ball.

We don't really have a tone setter on the team. We've got good players, but not really an emotional leader, especially after Walker went down.

Reading the MMQB this morning, there was a section on the Bills. I think Von Miller's messages to his teammates would also be useful here. "Play aggressive" and " Don't blink."

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I think you need the coaching staff upgraded...

I think we might need psychologists more than new coaches.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Get rid of the Elf in the field first. That thing is the stupidest looking midfield logo.

Yep.

The malocchio seems a lot less sinister and much more foolish as the weeks go by.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I know we’re all stuck with the Browns, but my dad and I were joking last night: give us a dartboard with all 31 other teams on it, blindfold us and let us just stick with who we land on. Guaranteed our lives will be 50% better

Even that statement reveals your BBS. As that thought ran through your brain, you knew it had to be the other 31... you knew that if the Browns were on that board, the dart would get sucked right in to that narrow slice like the curse that it is. Blindfolded, spun around, wouldn't matter; you'd pull that blindfold and see that silly elf with the dart piercing his chest. rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: mgh888, Hammer
Legend
Legend
Haha 😂 so true

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...mp;cvid=5cdc14acea6142d5a369a56a86885ac4

If it's happening to the 49ers, you can bet it's happening to the Browns with Stefanski's slow to adjust methods.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 6 games in, what is fixable, what isn't fixable going foward

Link Copied to Clipboard