Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Made it Dawgs!
Riyadh is hot and busy even at nearly 10pm. I love world travel.

Take care everyone.

[Linked Image]
7 members like this: PrplPplEater, DeisleDawg, Ballpeen
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Made it Dawgs!
Riyadh is hot and busy even at nearly 10pm. I love world travel.

Take care everyone.
Have fun, live and breath and savour every moment and stay safe.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
People want to act like it iz against hoyle, (Card game rulez), to demand that Jacoby Brisset go out and win the XY XYY GAME.

J.B. is a starting @b in the NFL he needz to go out and Win the X XX game.

The Bengal game is winnable but only if the .. Brownz @b outperforms Joe Burrow

And WHY is that so much to ask?
It is---s the NFL what should we expect?

In the NFL your own starting @b has to be prepared to go out there, and do better than his counterpart on the other team.

Not just (private investigator) around managing the team to another loss.

so here is to Jacoby Brisset breaking out for 350+
and 3 TD's and no int's and 2 more scoring drives on Monday Night Football.

It iz the NFL it'z what to expect.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Not to further derail this thread but I have to say so far the hospitality we’ve had extended to us has been unreal. We’ve been given free rides and free meals. Everyone we’ve met has been super friendly. My buddy and I got up early this morning and took a walk to the construction site where our art is going to be displayed. It was a few mile walk, which is fine. When we were looking to head back to the hotel one of the locals on the job site insisted we accept a ride from him. Nice guy, a little younger than me, who spent 7 years in the states learning English and attending Arizona State U. He gave us his number and told us if we needed anything while in town to give him a call. There’s no doubt he was serious.
He said he was heading back to the states in December to visit friends in California. We told him to come up to Oregon and we’d show him a good time. Or to call us from Cali and we’d come down to hang with him. Hopefully he takes us up on the offer.

The world is small. People are people. Governments and politics aside most people just want to be kind and share their culture. Travel such as this reconfirms that not all humanity sucks. Lol.

[Linked Image]
5 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, DeisleDawg, FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
I gotta work, will record the game and watch it the next day.

I JUST CHANGED MY MIND willynilly and am taking off work to watch the game. Plus I love Halloween. (I'm not doing anything for it but that's beside the point.)

My DirecTV better not go out if it starts raining.

-GO BROWNS!!!!!!

2 members like this: jfanent, DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
That's great !

Hopefully on this Halloween night

you'll hear more CHEERS !!! than

BOOS !!!!!

1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

‘Peen and GM, I wish you both the best of health. Portland, wishing you a safe return.

As for tonight. Bittersweet. My one and only child, 13 years old is too big to walk around the neighborhood and show her the sights and get candy. - They grow up fast but man did I love the amazement in her eyes and the fun we had on Halloween when she was just a kid. I’ll throw back a few brewskies, hand out about 40 bucks worth of candy to some eager kids and then eat some pizza.

For what it’s worth: Bengals 31 Browns 20.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Your not derailing the thread Portland

You're sharing an incredible experience with us !

It's exciting to hear about your experience there

Besides it just happens to be your plans

Keep having a great time and keep us posted

Love hearing about it

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
So my insomnia has combined with the time change to make for two sleepless nights in a row. Last night I used it to my advantage. The game started at 3am. I tuned in on my DirectTV app and watched.
Awesome win. Made being sleepless enjoyable.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Riyadh is crazy. Hot, dusty, colorful, fast paced. The entire city looks like it’s brand new and under constant construction. The buildings are… wow. So much amazing architecture. The private homes around where we’re staying, the financial district are huge and behind gated walls. Some of the gates are incredibly ornate and beautiful. The locals are so damn friendly. Though most of the crew my crew is working with are Brits. Been a great experience working with them. The locals drive like maniacs. Damn near every car has sideswipe damage of some sort it seems.
Unfortunately our art arrived with a fair amount of damage to one of the sections. It was professionally crated but one of the crates must have been dropped (?) or something. We spent a few hours with a welder yesterday getting repairs done. It also caused some electrical damage. Unfortunately that requires us to order some parts and stuff. Add to that, the place our art is supposed to go isn’t fully prepped for it to be installed. They’ve yet to pour the concrete slab. Soooo… one of our crewman, our electrical whiz kid, is going to come back next week to do the repairs and help the Brits install it. Tonight/early tomorrow morning we all leave for Amsterdam to let loose and celebrate. From there, home… except the whiz kid. Thankfully all this will be fully reimbursed.

Lastly, gas here is about $1.50 a gallon.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Cool. Sorry to hear about the damage. Given how the Browns played when you were overseas and couldn't watch......you need to sell more artwork and take long trips to deliver it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Last quick update… we left Riyadh on Wednesday and have been celebrating in Amsterdam since. Two thoughts.

First, Saudi Arabia is both nothing like we had imagined… and yet much of what we imagined. It’s such a weird dichotomy of ancient religious piety and tradition mixed with the most contemporary opulence. Women in burkas and men in thawbs… walking around crazy high end malls filled with Rolex and Louis Vuitton stores. I’m glad to have visited but was also very ready to leave.

Second, Amsterdam… I last visited in 2010 and fell in love with the city and hoped to return one day. Instantly upon my arrival my love affair only grew. It’s beautiful. It’s historic. It’s incredibly multicultural. You hear every language spoken on the streets. Last night I was at a club and had a great conversation with a Swiss dude. Laughs and drinks were shared. (I don’t drink… but oh boy last night I did. This morning I woke up hungover and remembered why I stopped. Lol) Amsterdam is just such a cool place. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s Europe-lite. People speak English for the most part so getting around and dealing with the day to day tasks of living is easy. You don’t need to rent a car because it’s incredibly walkable and the mass transit system is vast and easy to use. Lastly, the women are beautiful.
It’s just… well I’ve decided I'm bringing my girlfriend back in February for our 12 year anniversary. I want to experience it with her experiencing it for the first time. I only have two days left here so… off to the Van Gogh museum for me.

To anyone reading this, get your passport updated and travel. These are experiences you’ll carry with you for life. Amsterdam is only about an 8 hour flight from Cleveland. You can do it on an extended long weekend. I guarantee you’ll not regret the trip.

[Linked Image]
5 members like this: DeisleDawg, mgh888, PitDAWG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Glad you had a good time.

Amsterdam was a petty city, but not my cup of tea so to speak. To each their own. I am sure I have liked places you might not be crazy about. In the end, I agree, if you have the ability, see the world.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
When I retire and pee tests are not a thing anymore, my first city to visit is Amsterdam. 1 year, 7 months, and 26 days.

3 members like this: FATE, PitDAWG, PortlandDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Glad you had a good time.

Amsterdam was a petty city, but not my cup of tea so to speak. To each their own. I am sure I have liked places you might not be crazy about. In the end, I agree, if you have the ability, see the world.

I can see it’d not be everyone’s cup of tea. It’s a very ‘busy’ city. Lots of activity all the time. Bike traffic, hustle and bustle, and streets/sidewalks filled with world travelers.
If you’re looking for peace and quiet, it’s definitely not for you.
If you're into sight seeing, walking, people watching, museums, historical architecture, world cuisine, street music, nightlife, and general ‘good times’… you may not ever find a better place on earth.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess when it comes to a peace and quiet lifestyle that's pretty much my cup of tea. But that pertains to day to day life. When I take a getaway I want something in contrast to that. Amsterdam sounds like a place I would love to spend some time at but not wish to live there. We've talked in PM's about your art work and I'm so happy to see you reaching some of your dreams. Kudos.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Don’t get me wrong, I’d not want to live here. I too prefer to live in peace and quiet. But as you stated it’s nice to contrast that at times.
It’s easy in modern life to get into ruts or patterns. To entrench yourself deeper into the things you know and feel comfortable with. Especially as we get older. Always seeking our ‘norms’. It’s easy to lose one’s curiosity for trying new things if we don’t make efforts to do so.
I’m not a nightlife guy. I’m not a drinker. I’m not a ‘go out and raise hell’ type. Being on vacation, travel, gives me opportunities to break through my patterns. To step outside my comfort zones. It’s good for our brains to do so.
One could easily vacation by sitting at a Hilton in Jamaica, having locals serve you meals at the restaurant on the ground floor. Never leaving the ‘compound’… but did you really go to Jamaica? Couldn’t you have done the same in Miami? Or the closest local city?
It’s getting outside our comfort zones that helps keep us growing as individuals.
That said sometimes I do want to sit on a remote beach and be in the peace and quiet it provides. I’ll do that in late 2023 with a COVID postponed trip my girlfriend and I are (re)planning for Vietnam. A little taste of both sides… travel outside of my comfort zone to a non English speaking/can’t read the signs destination… to sit on a remote quiet beach.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Thank you for sharing your time there

P
Legend
Legend
P
You actually captured my thought process and explained it much better than I did.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Gameday vs Cincinnati plans for the game

Link Copied to Clipboard