Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Shoulda, coulda, they are what they are. Good game, do it again. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
How good is A Cooper? IMO until we got Cooper we had not had such a 'complete' package at WR STR. We've had some good players at WR STR no doubt, but NONE who had all the tools - including the brains and attitude - that Cooper has. His route-running should be on a tutorial video. I find myself regularly saying things like "so THAT'S what 'they' mean by timing in the route, getting-in-and-out-of-breaks, setting up the WR, etc." If there is anything that keeps him from being "that guy" as a #1 WR, I suppose he could be a little faster...and Jennifer Aniston could stand to lose maybe 2-3 lbs...and Liv Tyler could have slightly prettier eyes...and...well...you get the point.

It's really hard to not like Jacoby. Sure, he has his limitations as a QB (and that isn't gong to change at this point) but his smile, commentary and personality is very engaging and appears genuine. It is easy to imagine him as a very player-friendly guy. I hope the FO doesn't over-think his being a backup for '23.

I still cannot fathom how much time can pass without Chubb being on the field. Some of my non-Browns-fanatic friends were texting me during the game asking for an explanation - one that I think does not exist.

DPJ is so much more effective with a guy like Cooper in the minds of a defense. That's not a knock on DPJ...just an observation. I still think he's a good #3 to serviceable #2.6. He just turned 23 in Feb '22. Cooper's presence and tutelage could really help turn him into a viable #2.

I don't usually think about my fellow DawgTalkers during a game (or ever really poke)...but...I found myself wishing I was sitting next to Ballpeen every time we ran extra OL (or 2-3) onto the field.

We've witnessed the genius of Bill Callahan...but what he's managed to make of Pocic, Hudson, Froholdt, Dunn (and really even Teller) is nothing short of incredible.

I love me some Hunt...BUT...if we can get a 4th he should be traded...however for a 5th I'm probably keeping him. DEJ and Ford can take the (10) or so carries that Chubb does not.

Newsome, Emerson and Green make a nice trio...and we can do worse than Greedy at #4. I'm done with Ward and I love that Myles made me eat crow last night. Frankly, Myles needs to make that impact EVERY game to live up to his otherworldly hype. I'll hope for that...but he's jaded me to not hold my breath.

TakiTaki has played so much better than given credit-for. Jones looked good too. If we insist on having the 'penetrating' DTs, I'm afraid JOK needs to work on being a SS as he's just to small. Maybe a resurgent TT and a real LB in Jones makes JOK a better fit? I dunno.

How ridiculously over-rated is Joe Burrow? Rish might be the only guy on here with the same take as me...but I've said for years that he has a noodle arm. Dink for four yards over the middle....dink towards the sideline at the LOS and let Chase run 50+ yards for a TD...chuck up a hail mary, Flacco/punt and let the WRs go up and get it. That's his game. He doesn't put any stank on a 15-20 yard throw...IMO because he doesn't have the arm strength. My old ass can throw a football 40 yards if a wounded-duck is allowable. (Disclaimer: I would never be able to use that arm again though.) He holds the ball for way too long and without Chase he is Andy Dalton - and that's probably not fair to Andy Dalton as he had some juice when younger...but Burrow is more accurate on his soft toss BS though.

How did the Bengals only rush Mixon (8) times? Burrow isn't carrying squat without Chase...we've been a sieve at stopping the run...Mixon is a jerk but is a damn good RB. Good for us.

I's fun to win and a convincing win is like a solar eclipse for us. That said, I'd still move on from Woods and Ski's seat would be quite warm. (12) men on the filed for the first play from scrimmage? How is that even possible? In game 8 we FINALLY decide that pressure on the QB might require more than (4) rushers? Crazy.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Oh yeah he’ll be elsewhere then. He’ll have a shot to start IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
It was a great game to watch and enjoy! A complete game in all phases. If game balls were to be handed out there would be so many they would have to be delivered in a truck. It's what a team looks like when they're unified and motivated. Of course you have to have the talent to win but I don't think many Browns fans questioned the talent. Every team has positions of weakness so there is no "perfect team". Only teams who appear to at least be close to perfect because they unify like the Browns did last night. Hopefully the coaching staff can keep the players on track and use this game as motivation moving forward.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
That was fun to watch last night and a much needed surprise for the team and the fans, imo. The defense showed up big time and the offense turned in a solid performance.

I don't know whether it was the Halloween theme that Myles Garrett played up all week or something else that went on with this team between last game and this game...but the Browns seemed be playing loose and with higher degree of confidence.

I hope they can continue to improve and maybe turn the season around. thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Now this was a helluva lot better.. Way better, Granted, Cinci was missing their top offensive weapon but we were missing two some top defensive talent.. Ward and JOK.... So we'll put that to the side for the moment.

We didn't beat them by a little bit, we blew them up.

Good Job Brownies..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
We've witnessed the genius of Bill Callahan...but what he's managed to make of Pocic, Hudson, Froholdt, Dunn (and really even Teller) is nothing short of incredible.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
But, but Wills!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

2 members like this: GratefulDawg, Hammer
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Pocic is one of the big positive surprises on the year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
I still prefer Anthony Walker to Takitaki but one cannot deny his performance yesterday.

Both are FA at the end of the year.

Where did D. Jones play yesterday?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah he looked better last night than last Sunday IMO

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Pocic is one of the big positive surprises on the year

He's another guy that is worthy of a contract extension. Nick Harris got Wally Pipp'd.

Legend
Legend
Great post, Willie. And this:

a convincing win is like a solar eclipse for us.

Had me choke on my coffee. 100% sig worthy.

One bone to pick, one I've been picking weekly. CHUBB ran the ball 23 times, in a game we dominated. What do you people want? lol. We have two other quality RBs (Johnson finally got a carry, woohoo!). You want Chubb to carry more of a load when the wagon is rolling downhill with a commanding lead?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1983490 11/01/22 12:45 PM
Legend
Legend
We ran Chubb enough last night. He got 2 TD's and over 100 yds. While I would have loved to see us get him to like 130 yds, padding stats in garbage time is less important than keeping him from unnecessary risk.... but, that extra yardage would have been nice for giving cushion toward getting him the rushing title.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
We ran Chubb enough last night. He got 2 TD's and over 100 yds. While I would have loved to see us get him to like 130 yds, padding stats in garbage time is less important than keeping him from unnecessary risk.... but, that extra yardage would have been nice for giving cushion toward getting him the rushing title.

Every week I am watching the race to the rushing title.

I am assuming the yard on the conversion doesn't go into his rushing stats.

Legend
Legend
I honestly don't think Chubb cars much about a rushing title, although I'd love to see it as much as anyone else. When both backs go out and have early success is when Chubb finishes with that ridiculous AVG. That's ideal.

We have true generational talent in Nick Chubb. I would much rather watch him play 12 years than 8. 16-20 carries per game is perfect in my book.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only real threat for the rushing title verses Chubb as I see it at this point in time are Barkley and Henry. But man, the Titans run Henry liker he's a rented mule who has been run hard and put away wet. Actually per carry Chubb is running away with it. the Titans have already had their bye which means Henry has played one less game than Chubb yet he has 17 more carries and almost 100 less yards. Barkley has almost as many carries as Henry and has over 60 less yards than Chubb.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/rushing/2022/reg/all/rushingyards/desc

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
FATE #1983499 11/01/22 01:11 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
I honestly don't think Chubb cars much about a rushing title, although I'd love to see it as much as anyone else. When both backs go out and have early success is when Chubb finishes with that ridiculous AVG. That's ideal.

We have true generational talent in Nick Chubb. I would much rather watch him play 12 years than 8. 16-20 carries per game is perfect in my book.

I saw Chubb saying he would like to win it before the season. He was his normal demure self about it and it was kinda drug out of him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think right now it is a the back race and I like our guy best. If Chubb doesn't win the title it very well may be due to a significantly lower number of touches.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, all the Titans have that they can rely on is Henry. Often times a RB's productive lifetime as an NFL player has more to do with the amount of carries he has than the actual length of time he's been in the league. I think Henry's lifetime as a great RB is limited.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think there’s no question we need to keep Pocic here

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Sorry to here this:

Bengals assistant coach Adam Zimmer, 38, found dead at home by cops: Son of former Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer is remembered as the 'kindest, sweetest soul there ever was'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...ctedly-38-sister-announces.html#comments

R
Legend
Legend
R
--Games like last night make me happy and angry. Zero, zero reason this team should be 3-5. I don't care what happened last night, the record is on the coaching staff.

--We cannot wait every year until mid-season for Woods to "figure it out".

--Having said that, Stefanski had the coaching staff and team ready to go, they had his back, and they went out and executed and won convincingly.

--I'm not sure in my lifetime we've had a team's "number" before, but it currently seems like that with Cincy.

--It would be nice to build on this and get a little win streak going but after Miami you have Buffalo. I'm think 4-6 after 10 games is the best we can hope for. Need to start a streak after the Buffalo game to even have a rooting interest down the stretch. But first things first, have to beat Miami.

--Emerson. I thought he was going to be a bad draft pick. He's been a pleasant surprise. Played really well last night. Seems tough both physically and mentally. The Browns need mentally tough players.

--Nick Chubb is the heart and soul of the Browns and has finally started to get his national recognition. He is an elite level talent.

--I've been asking Myles to make a play when it mattered and he did. He made plays all night. We need that every week. Be the dominant guy you profess to be.

--All three areas played great minus the blocked FG. After that, York seemed to be kicking with authority, even extra points. However, I still don't understand why we let teams return kickoffs to the 30 when you can just kick it out of bounds and have them start at the 25. I'm sure the Browns are playing for worse field position or a fumble. But the other team always gets it out past the 25. Just kick it out of the endzone. Stop making it complicated. Geesh.

--I'm intrigued by Isaiah Thomas.

--Seems like every time Taki gets opportunities he flashes.

--Greedy couldn't have done anything better on the TD to Higgins. If that were the Browns it would have been OPI, like it was last week.

--Amari was hilarious in his post game presser. He said his interception was an abomination and that he was trying to throw it out of bounds and didn't realize how hard even that was. He said he'd like to go back to just getting open. LOL

--A win feels great. Can watch football next weekend stress and anger free and actually have some anticipation and excitement for the Miami game.

FATE #1983535 11/01/22 02:46 PM
Legend
Legend
We have true generational talent in Nick Chubb.

Dawgs need to heed my sig.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
3 members like this: 3rd_and_20, PrplPplEater, FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One thing I forgot to mention, which I found really funny. On that 4th and 4 late in the game, where we lined up to try and get Cincy to jump offsides ... as Jacoby was going through the hard counts, I am almost positive I heard him say "Almost got you that time, 55"

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He has potential to GOAT

Joe Thomas #73
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
One thing I forgot to mention, which I found really funny. On that 4th and 4 late in the game, where we lined up to try and get Cincy to jump offsides ... as Jacoby was going through the hard counts, I am almost positive I heard him say "Almost got you that time, 55"

He did. They were talking about it during the broadcast and even after the broadcast. Fun moment with audio you don't normally hear.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
Who dey?
brownie thumbsup rofl
We Dey!

I gotta go find some Cincitucky fans who have been outspoken down here. So much to share . . .

I have a couple of students who wear Bungle jerseys to class from time to time. For tonight, I am wearing my Browns polo.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
1. Loved the Wildcat with Chubb at the goal line and extra linemen.
2. Tackling was so much better.
3. Taki and Jones paired together at LB were so much better than anything they've had there this year.
4. AJ Green is better than Greedy.
5. D. Johnson is a better complement to Chubb than Hunt.
6. DPJ is a legit #2.
7. Cooper made a great catch - loved how he turned his body so the ball stayed away from the ground.
8. Thomas flashed at DE. He has been solid.
9. Ski called a very good game and so did Woods.
10. Great win and shows the potential of this team - need to play like that all the time, especially D.

1 member likes this: FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man

I don't know if that is possible, but we need to extend Pocic.

I sure as hell hope we aren't simply planning on letting him walk and Harris take over.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
We had a lot of contributors last night :

OFFENSE

Jacoby Brissett - COMP./ATT. 17/22 YARDS 278 TD's 1 INT's 0 ***
Nick Chubb - ATT. 23 YARDS 101 TD's 2 *****
Amari Cooper - Catches 5 Yards 131 TD's 1 *****
Kareem Hunt - Att. 11 Yards 42 Catches 4 Yards 30 ***
DPJ - Catches 4 Yards 81 **

DEFENSE

S. Takitaki - Tackles 13 Solo 6 Sacks 1 TFL 1 ****
M. Garrett - Tackles 2 Solo 1 Sacks 1.5 TFL 1 QB Hits 4 *****
D. Jones - Tackles 5 Solo 3 Sacks 1 TFL 1
M. Emerson Jr.- Tackles 9 Solo 6 ***
A.J. Green INT 1 **
I. Thomas - Sack 1 **
T. Bryan - Sack 0.5 *

SPECIAL TEAMS

C. York FG 55 Yards 3/3 XP **

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I thoroughly enjoyed that beatdown. But it was a dominant win against an overrated bungles team with crap for an o-line, missing their best offensive weapon, and who seem to play their worst against us. If they beat Miami, I'll get my hopes up.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
9. Ski called a very good game and so did Woods.

KS needs take a hint..stop the gadget plays. When your own players are asking not to be used to run your trick plays, it might be time to rethink the logic in calling such plays.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I’d agree … we have really had Cincy’s number the past 3 years. To the point where they look AWFUL and we look GREAT. Such a weird vibe when we play them … we can do no wrong and they can do no right

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
I thoroughly enjoyed that beatdown. But it was a dominant win against an overrated bungles team with crap for an o-line, missing their best offensive weapon, and who seem to play their worst against us. If they beat Miami, I'll get my hopes up.

Could have typed that myself, exactly where I'm at. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. Still feel like it's a lost season, still fully expect to "angry laugh" 12 days from now for falling for the myth that it may not be lost for 18 hours lol. Please, please Brownies, make me eat my words.

1 member likes this: mgh888
FATE #1983581 11/01/22 04:37 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by jfanent

Could have typed that myself, exactly where I'm at. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. Still feel like it's a lost season, still fully expect to "angry laugh" 12 days from now for falling for the myth that it may not be lost for 18 hours lol. Please, please Brownies, make me eat my words.

It was entertaining and enjoyable, but it also REALLY makes me shake my head and wonder.
Are they just not able to get up and play well if it isn't a Prime Time game?
Did Woods really figure anything out (and if so, why does it take weeks each season to figure out the same junk?), or is this just a case where their weaknesses just made us look good?
What are we going to look like when we go back to it being another mundane 1pm Sunday game against a non-division rival?

It was a great performance, but like last year's Bears game, it probably prompts more questions than it answers... and in the end, it will probably be the outlier.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My wife says we play down to bad teams and play up to good teams. We need to be ourselves and beat them all. It certainly is a head shaker.

Joe Thomas #73
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Maybe it was "just" all the new guys on D played and executed at a much higher level than who had been playing - (ie. Taki, Jones, Thomas, Green, etc.). No JOK, Ward, Phillips - sure seemed to me that they covered better and most certainly tackled better.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm glad they won. I was impressed.........other than Cooper throwing.

Before the game I told my wife I'd probably go to bed at half time. Obviously, I didn't.

These 'primetime' games kick me. After a big win like last night, I can't just shut down. Been tired all day.......Going to bed soon.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Gameday vs Cincinnati Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard