Just be nice to win a game running and pounding

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
The Browns are a RB driven team

do whats best for the team

Not the league

Agree with you 100%

I hear so many posters compare what we do to what the rest of the league does. We don't need to play the game like every other team does. We aren't built the same. We need to exploit what we do best and minimize what we do poorly. We should run the ball 60% of the time. That's what we do best and it shortens the game keeping our defense off the field. Our top playmakers are Chubb, Cooper, Hunt, Njoku then Peoples-Jones. We should be feeding the ball to them and not worry about trying to get the ball to Bryant and Schwartz and the Pharaoh.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
1 member likes this: Dawg Citizen
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by Milk Man

I am so sick of the same BS phrases after every loss.

Maybe so, but what else should be said?

We need to stop the run. A true statement. Sometimes the obvious is all you can say.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fire Woods.

Do not resign any veteran defensive players who's contracts are ending.

See what KS can do with the female abuser QB.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

We need to stop the run. A true statement. Sometimes the obvious is all you can say.

He's putting the blame on Woods. Paving the way to fire him.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I'm thinking on my list of things to do, watching the Browns play has fallen just below getting prostate exam.

Last edited by illegalmoe; 11/13/22 06:10 PM.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Arguments have been made whether our woeful defense is a matter of overrated (and overpriced) players at key positions, a problem with scheme or a combination of both. I'm leaning towards option #1. A new defensive coordinator next season should answer that question more clearly.

As far as the lack of defensive players as leaders goes, it seems like there needs to be a minimum amount of consistency in game to game effectiveness and (more importantly) consistency in the play at key positions before those leaders emerge.

jmho

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Probably so, and when we really boil it down, the D is the biggest problem with the team. All in all the O has done a pretty good job with a journeyman back-up at QB thus far in the season.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
At some point, regardless if a coach is good or not, don't get through to the players any longer.. That has happened here so its time for a new voice. But beyond that..I still say Berry/Depo are the biggest pieces holding us back.. Berry is just horrible.. Name one impact player he's drafted.. All the good players on this team were brought in by Dorsey.. The juggernaut chiefs.. their best players...Dorsey. Its not hard to see that at some point you have to say analytics aren't what you should be basing your whole organization on. It should be used a source of data for sure, but not the end all.

Stefanski's time has run out, he lived off of Kubiaks coattails and the farther we get away from that the more cracks we see.. Dude is a robot with no feel for the game. If its not successful in those scripted plays, forget about it. But his lack of leadership is appaling.

Woods hasn't been a good DC ever, not sure why we thought he would be. He should have been let go last year, but this year before the bye. Desperate for defensive help, Berry goes out and gets a LB on IR that was on his way out of a team that didn't want him that are worse than us. He fits right in getting run over.. Meanwhile, DT's still are PS players. Keep trying to polish that turd. Then you have the very stark difference with Dolphins and Chris Greer as GM.. goes out and signs the best LT available, the best WR available, drafts the best WR, goes out and gets a running back to help, signs Ingram as DE for peanuts. Gets rid of Flores who was respectable but they realized he isn't going to get them where they need to go so instead of wasting time, goes out and replaces him. Saw they still needed defensive help and trades for Chubb. Thats the difference between teams trying to win and teams trying to win the cap game.

All we can hope is Haslams sell the team and someone who knows football takes it over. Or at minimum, bring Dorsey back and get out of his way.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1 member likes this: Floquinho
Legend
Legend
That was an embarrassing loss and effort. Out executed. Out coached. Out tried.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Coming off our most complete win and with the bye week to prepare... to put that lackluster, unprepared team on the field should embarrass this organization from top to bottom. Especially anybody who has anything to do with the defense.

We looked like Indiana trying to stop Ohio State.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c. Terrible.

In the locker room after the game someone with authority should've just come in and said "after the obligatory media stuff, get on the busses. We're going to the airport. Don't come in tomorrow. We'll call you Monday evening to let you know if you should show up on Tuesday. And that goes for coaches also."

Unacceptable game. After a bye week no less.

And for the record, I don't CARE how any player "graded" out, or "rated" out, or whatever. According to pff, or any other rating/grading thing there is.

3-6 is what matters. We've had individuals rate/grade high, but we're 3-6.

3 members like this: PitDAWG, DaveyD, DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That puts a bad look on the HC

As I see it, being the HC and you have troubles with the D and ST's and no improvements

That's a finger pointing back at the HC and incompetence of handling a team

he is responsible for

I surely don't see an Offense that's winning games.

Legend
Legend
a whole bye week, and this is what the defense looks like.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
hopefully haslam gives Woods the deposit for rent in miami as part of the severance package, cause aint no way he coming with us on the flight back home.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish

Did the offense look any better ?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
And for the record, I don't CARE how any player "graded" out, or "rated" out, or whatever. According to pff, or any other rating/grading thing there is.

This.

Legend
Legend

we're not explosive on offense with JB, but we're an efficient O and we moved the ball fairly well today. but the defense was so trash that the game was already out of control for any meaningful chance to make a comeback on O. right now with DW still suspended, we don't have a QB that can go out there and and go toe for toe in a shootout. there's gonna be games where we need the QB to put the team on his back and go throw us to a win in a high scoring game.

that's why we got rid of baker. and that's just isn't the kind of QB JB is. and let me very clear here: no aspect of this L is on offense except the chubb fumble. that happened early enough that we could recover from that. what we're NOT gonna recover from is a turnover + a defense that just doesn't show up.

we aren't good at anything on defense. we can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, and can't create turnovers. the defense from the top down, bottom up is hot garbage.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We probably should have more people on the injury report "resting" on Wednesdays. 4 this week after a Bye week. It's obviously paying off. notallthere

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
All Pro
All Pro

That puts a bad look on the HC

As I see it, being the HC and you have troubles with the D and ST's and no improvements

That's a finger pointing back at the HC and incompetence of handling a team

he is responsible for

I surely don't see an Offense that's winning games.

Spot on.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

we're not explosive on offense with JB, but we're an efficient O and we moved the ball fairly well today. but the defense was so trash that the game was already out of control for any meaningful chance to make a comeback on O. right now with DW still suspended, we don't have a QB that can go out there and and go toe for toe in a shootout. there's gonna be games where we need the QB to put the team on his back and go throw us to a win in a high scoring game.

that's why we got rid of baker. and that's just isn't the kind of QB JB is. and let me very clear here: no aspect of this L is on offense except the chubb fumble. that happened early enough that we could recover from that. what we're NOT gonna recover from is a turnover + a defense that just doesn't show up.

we aren't good at anything on defense. we can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, and can't create turnovers. the defense from the top down, bottom up is hot garbage.

I get it Swish, but when an Offense can only put 17 on the board

With two of the best RB's in the league and a very good line

Lots of holding penalties the Offense looked just as bad as the Defense

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Until the Browns stop consistently Brownsing themselves, they will always be the Browns.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Where's all the Homer's that predicted the Browns being a playoff
Team thus year?
Wow. Well excuse me for wanting them to win and make the playoffs.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Where's all the Homer's that predicted the Browns being a playoff
Team thus year?
Wow. Well excuse me for wanting them to win and make the playoffs.

It's not an unrealistic expectation with the the talent on the team but two things had to happen...Stefanski and the defense had to be good. Neither turned out to be true.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
So I saw Garland in this first quarter completely waive off Love who had a smaller guy on him for a 30 ft jumper. Now he just fouled a desperate three point attempt at the first quarter buzzer.

Oy vey.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I get it Swish, but when an Offense can only put 17 on the board

With two of the best RB's in the league and a very good line

Lots of holding penalties the Offense looked just as bad as the Defense

Yet Miami was stopping our running game. We don't have the passing game to support the running game.

Stefanski isn't all of a sudden throwing deep balls on 3rd and short because he wants to. He is doing it because teams are selling out against the run. I don't care how good your backs and line are, if a team sells out to stop the run, they will stop the run.

Taking deep shots is how Stefanski is trying to protect the running game. It's not because he doesn't want to run the ball.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
- The Browns had two weeks to prepare for this game and that is the performance they put on the field. Completely embarrassing.
- Saw a team that looked disinterested.
- Defense has a bunch of overpaid guys that do not make plays. Defense needs to replace a lot of players and the Browns do not have any 1st round picks to do so.
- Watson will not fix what is wrong with this team.

- Another season wasted.

Originally Posted by JulesDawg
The leadership on this team is so weak. From the coaches to the players. Anyone still defending this coaching staff is just trying to save face.

Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
That was an embarrassing loss and effort. Out executed. Out coached. Out tried.

That puts a bad look on the HC - As I see it, being the HC and you have troubles with the D and ST's and no improvements

That's a finger pointing back at the HC and incompetence of handling a team he is responsible for

Originally Posted by archbolddawg
j/c. Terrible. After a bye week no less.

I think these comments summarize everything. Just embarrassing.

And for the record - coming off a GREAT performance against the Bengals. Coming off a BYE .... team played flat, uninspired, underprepared and that is 1000% on the coaches and is made worse because we have no leadership among the players.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1st String
1st String
This season is over. And if Watson doesn’t work out this franchise will be the biggest bigger big laughingstock in the history of the NFL.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
The franchise is already that.

Watson will work out. That's not an issue. The issue is we don't have a good coaching staff.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Rish the problem is on the D side. That's a fact plainly evident week after week. I already said I believe We should give KS a shot with a top tier QB like DW. To fire him now would be unfair. I admit at times his play calling is a little mystifying to say the least but a QB like DW can improvise and make plays that Baker and Jacoby can't. With DW KS can do more.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Pretty much what I expected from the fire em all crew. If anyone should get his job scrutinized it’s be the guy who didn’t upgrade the D-line interior. I would suggest we prioritize the DL in the off—season. Suh might have been a good addition this season.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I already said I believe We should give KS a shot with a top tier QB like DW. To fire him now would be unfair.

In what universe is that unfair?

The Browns aren't losing because they don't have DW. They are losing primarily because their head coach and coaching staff is awful. There are other issues, but the product that Stefanski is putting on the field is fireable.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Rish is a guy who wants to stir up crap, he never contributes football-wise, he wants people fired, traded, whatever it takes to satisfy his immediate gratification issue. Ask him to explain in-depth why he wants KS fired.

I did ask, and he couldn’t answer. In my mind, he’s the next Super Brown, Throw Long: on ignore.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think it would be unfair because KS hasn't had a top tier QB running his O. We have one coming back in 3 weeks. Let's give him a shot to see what he can do with DW. At least we'll have a sample size to make a better decision on what needs to be done. We already have a HUGE amount of material on our D. Enough said...

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Do you think the issues with this team are we are missing a top tier QB?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Pretty much what I expected from the fire em all crew. If anyone should get his job scrutinized it’s be the guy who didn’t upgrade the D-line interior. I would suggest we prioritize the DL in the off—season. Suh might have been a good addition this season.

It was disgusting watching those guys get pushed around all game, I saw Togiai get thrown to the ground like a little female dog one play and was only blocked one on one. And the linebacker play just makes me want to drink myself silly.

Sure the offense has it's issues but you're not going to win many games in the nfl getting pushed around against the run game like that.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We need DT and LBs and a new Defensive Coordinator in the worst way! What has Woods done to solidify his position?

JJ3 continues to be a liability.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Your right it is pretty clear as to who was the better team.
Both coaching and personal wise after all we have the coach of the the year.
Last year it was Mayfield it is pretty clear this 3 win team is much better without him.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That's a big issue yes but not the only one. I think KS hands are tied somewhat because of a QB like Baker and JB. With average QB's you would call a game differently than with a top QB. We have a lot of issues with the D from lack of talent at some positions to bad coaching. I don't know if others will agree with me but we all felt our WR position was a little thin but IMO it seems to be getting better with every game. WE still could use another guy there but the ones we have seem to be improving and that's with JB.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Rish is a guy who wants to stir up crap

Sometimes. When I get responses like this, I'll keep laying it on thick because I love to see people triggered. I'm a jerk like that.

he never contributes football-wise

How is commenting on Stefanski not "football-wise"? Isn't he the coach of the team?

he wants people fired, traded

Only if they deserve it. Stefanski had never had any head coaching experience anywhere before the Browns. It's clear he's in over his head. You should expect and want more from your team.

whatever it takes to satisfy his immediate gratification issue.

I've been waiting over twenty years for the Browns to be good. If that is "immediate gratification" I think I'm doing pretty good.

Ask him to explain in-depth why he wants KS fired.

I did ask, and he couldn’t answer.

I honestly don't remember you asking, but there are a lot of posts/posters on here I skip over and don't read. Or sometimes I'm on my phone and it's difficult to type up a thorough post. But mostly I don't care. The results are out there for all to see. Losing season last season. Got rid of the quarterback he said he couldn't win with. Losing season this season. Team plays uninspired football. They field a college level defense. No other NFL game on the docket today had holes in the running game that the Dolphins had today. After a bye week. He's incompetent in every sense of the word. The results show that. And I'm the jerk for posting about it? Okay, I can live with that.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Dolphins 39 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard