M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Today's press conference:

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No leadership at the coaching position or in the locker room. Defensive roster drastically overrated and missing talent/ability up the middle. Players probably making plans for the offseason with the way they looked yesterday. Watson is NOT the answer to this team turning around. Please get rid of the analytics BS. Let's get back to playing common sense football. Watson and Stefanski get to audition for the last 6 of the games to see if KS is around next season. Woods is gone. The jury is out on Berry and the way this roster has been put together. Would not be surprised to see a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and front office. This is a total S-show. I honestly do not understand how people continue to spend their hard earned money on this garbage. I, for one, stopped a while ago. Haslam and this organization do not deserve one cent for the product being put on the field. I just don't understand how a franchise can be completely inept for this long. It's sad really.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Swish
Stefanski isn't going anywhere without having a full season with DW next year. the only dude who has a chance of being let go is Woods.

This is where we may disagree. It may work out as you have suggested but maybe not. I think that ALL depends on watson and watson alone. watson will have six games with Stefanski being his HC. You're a married man so I think you know how this works. The Browns gave watson a fully guaranteed contract. The Browns are married to watson. They however are not married to Stefanski. The Browns sold the farm for watson not only in $$$ but future draft picks. The future of this team for the next four years after this season lay squarely on watson's shoulders. So what watson thinks after these six games in 2022 in regards to working in Stefanski's O will determine the fate of Stefnaski for next year. We saw exactly what happened in Houston when watson "wasn't happy". He signed a contract and then refused to play only a couple of months later. Do you think the Browns would risk that repeating itself?

If after six games watson doesn't agree with the O Stefnaski runs, Stefanski is gone. If he doesn't like Stefanski, Stefanski is gone. You're not going to force your 230 million dollar man to play for a HC he either doesn't believe in or doesn't like. That just makes no sense. You side with the one you're married to. You're not going to spend nearly a quarter of a billion dollars to make that player unhappy.

As far as Woods, he's got to go. I've tried to defend Stefanski but after yesterday, no more. But make no mistake, it won't be Halsam or this FO making the decision on Stefanski being here next year. It will be watson.

I tend to agree with all of that as far as substance goes; but have a hard time believing things could go that far south in six games. We'll have no hope for the postseason so we'll already be playing for next season. Watson will have some rust. Things will take time to gel. Certain parts of a "Watson offense" would be better kept under wraps anyway. Everyone will be in alignment on this point of view. The only monkey wrench would be if we were to miraculously beat Buffalo and Tampa Bay the next two weeks... and we all know that ain't happening.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

M
Legend
Legend
M
I cannot wait until this turd is released in the offseason.

Legend
Legend
It's time to step up?

WTFF??

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Swish
Stefanski isn't going anywhere without having a full season with DW next year. the only dude who has a chance of being let go is Woods.

This is where we may disagree. It may work out as you have suggested but maybe not. I think that ALL depends on watson and watson alone. watson will have six games with Stefanski being his HC. You're a married man so I think you know how this works. The Browns gave watson a fully guaranteed contract. The Browns are married to watson. They however are not married to Stefanski. The Browns sold the farm for watson not only in $$$ but future draft picks. The future of this team for the next four years after this season lay squarely on watson's shoulders. So what watson thinks after these six games in 2022 in regards to working in Stefanski's O will determine the fate of Stefnaski for next year. We saw exactly what happened in Houston when watson "wasn't happy". He signed a contract and then refused to play only a couple of months later. Do you think the Browns would risk that repeating itself?

If after six games watson doesn't agree with the O Stefnaski runs, Stefanski is gone. If he doesn't like Stefanski, Stefanski is gone. You're not going to force your 230 million dollar man to play for a HC he either doesn't believe in or doesn't like. That just makes no sense. You side with the one you're married to. You're not going to spend nearly a quarter of a billion dollars to make that player unhappy.

As far as Woods, he's got to go. I've tried to defend Stefanski but after yesterday, no more. But make no mistake, it won't be Halsam or this FO making the decision on Stefanski being here next year. It will be watson.

I tend to agree with all of that as far as substance goes; but have a hard time believing things could go that far south in six games. We'll have no hope for the postseason so we'll already be playing for next season. Watson will have some rust. Things will take time to gel. Certain parts of a "Watson offense" would be better kept under wraps anyway. Everyone will be in alignment on this point of view. The only monkey wrench would be if we were to miraculously beat Buffalo and Tampa Bay the next two weeks... and we all know that ain't happening.

I missed Pit's post. I agree with it too.

I'm not predicting Watson will love or hate Stefanski - but I agree 100% that Stefanski's future on the team is reliant on what Watson thinks of and how he responds to KS and the KS play calling/scheme.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We miss Njoku on offense, especially on the 3rd and medium type plays.

Hunt is not the Hunt of years past … it’s apparent that he is nearing the twilight already

We also really miss his vastly improved run blocking. Harrison Bryant is a severe liability in run blocking.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Milk Man

How about quit sucking in coverage and quit trying to tackle someone by throwing your shoulder into the guy and make actual impact plays?? How does that sound?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think it has to go "that far south in six games". I don't think that unless they win 5 or 6 of those last 6 games that it makes any difference either way. I think if the Browns look anything less than stellar in those last 6 games it will all hinge on what watson thinks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, I too wasn't trying to make a prediction either way on what watson will think of working with and playing for Stefnaksi. I have no way of knowing the outcome of that either way.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ruh roh......

Myles Garrett...

"It doesn’t matter if you’re ready to run through a wall if it’s in the wrong direction,” Garrett said after the game. “We really need to just focus in a little bit more and that’s where we’re going to get back to doing. We have that kind of energy when we’re ready to attack, but everybody’s gotta be focusing and going all in the right direction, all on the same page.”

“No one enjoys losing regardless [if you’re] coming off a win or another loss,” Garrett said. “A loss is a loss and it hurts all the same.”

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-...l79abkeXrjCduaMGGJvopp5cZ6-u-QEqyMZxejCo

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
What Garrett might not understand is that there are people at the top of the Browns organization who may not have "winning" as their #1 priority.

Browns fans have seen this act before and from the same group of individuals.

There is only one way the Browns front office can move up in the draft and based on the quality of coaching I saw against the Dolphins, something stinks in Browns management.

All you have to do is watch the Bengals game and compare that performance by the coaching staff and players VS what we saw from the coaches against the Fish.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1986229 11/14/22 04:40 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Do you mean like in 2020? Oh no, these same people must have proiotized winning then but wish to lose their careers by not caring now. The Browns have had the Bengals number for five games in a row. Nov. 7th last season we beat the Bengals 41-16 then went on to loose the next 2 of 3 games. Your example falls flat.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dean
This season is over. And if Watson doesn’t work out this franchise will be the biggest bigger big laughingstock in the history of the NFL.

Doesn't matter. We are already the biggest bigger big laughing stock in NFL history.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

I nearly forgot D'Anthony Bell got the start because Delpit was disciplined for one snap to start the game.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Stefanski sounds like a loser.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
j/c...

I nearly forgot D'Anthony Bell got the start because Delpit was disciplined for one snap to start the game.

Once again (and overall):

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
j/c...

That's a pretty hefty punishment.

I bet whatever he did he won't do again.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
j/c...

That's a pretty hefty punishment.

I bet whatever he did he won't do again.

Next time they're taking 1/70 of his game check as well. As long as they keep escalating the punishment, he'll be scared straight in no time, or by 2027, which ever comes first.

2 members like this: Rishuz, jfanent
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by DaveyD

How about quit sucking in coverage and quit trying to tackle someone by throwing your shoulder into the guy and make actual impact plays?? How does that sound?

actually, the fact that JJ3 has been this bad is more proof that Woods is trash.. JJ3 was ELITE before he came here. A system can make a great player bad. Delpit is the guy that needs to go at the safety position. Never seen a player get beat so much in a season and celebrate as many routine plays in my life

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Our safety play in general has been bad, but yes JJ3 was touted as a top 3-4 guy in the league and he looks totally cooked with us

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
First of all he was not top 3 before he got here.
Point 2 how the defense that was 14 th in points allowedwent stupid.
Did all the players forget what they did right.
This is not going to persuade you because even if we were top
5 in defense you would want to blame Joe woods so you don't have to say
Are wins totals are down because we can not get a 40 out of qb.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by lampdogg
DT need to be priority 1 this coming off-season.

And you can usually get very good ones later in a draft considering we don't have a 1st rounder.

That takes some luck. You can usually get one in the 2nd round and you can usually find a good player in FA.

Things may change. We have some players who would be good in a 3-4 D. We might be best suited to go that route. BIG NT's can be had all across the board.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Somebody on twitter had the EXACT same reaction that I did:

Rob Ostrom
@RobOstrom
·
20h
Replying to
@camijustice
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
3-6
Bad getting worse.

In typical Browns fashion look for us to win 2 of the next 3 games.

Legend
Legend
The weather in the Bills game will be an equalizer it appears. But I still can’t see it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
To that point, and not making fun, but if bad weather is our advantage when we play at home, how is bad weather in Buffalo a equalizer?

Seems that Buffalo would be as adept at playing in poor weather as would we.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I just think inclement weather always lessens the better team’s chances of winning. I wasn’t really talking in terms of cold weather teams, just in general.

Like, if it’s going to be a monsoon and the Chiefs play the Texans, I’d be inclined to think it would be a closer game than if it was nice weather

2 members like this: Ballpeen, FATE
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
To that point, and not making fun, but if bad weather is our advantage when we play at home, how is bad weather in Buffalo a equalizer?

Seems that Buffalo would be as adept at playing in poor weather as would we.
Personally, I think the "cold team vs warm team", and the "bad weather team vs. good weather team" is over rated. I don't know about Buffalo, but the Browns don't practice outside in cold weather.

I DO think "bad weather" affects passing teams more than running teams. But, only to an extent, as passing teams receiver's have an advantage of being able to set up their cuts.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Dolphins 39 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard