Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's always amazed me how people make fun of head coaches for giving generic answers to questions. Do they want him to throw others under the bus like Hue did? Do they want him to scream and say I am benching so and so? Do they want him to say that we suck? Pass the buck to his assistant coaches. The answers are meaningless and everyone who has a brain should know that. It's more of people inventing reasons to trash a coach.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c

After all these years it amazes me how people equate press conferences to some meaningful information where one can interpret a response one way or another and justify their own bias and extreme stance on a situation.

Memphis, Why are there press conferences then ?

I believe it is just a way to keep a connection between teams and fans

Human nature people want to know

Your thought is a conference is meaningless and that's a good view

Others feel or need to hear why the outcome was the way it turned out

That may mean something for some nothing wrong with someone

who spends time and money on something and would like to know

why things are bad and want to hear why.

You have $500,000.00 in an investment and it's losing money

and the investor in charge gives you the same answer time

after time and your money keeps losing and not growing

You want a better answer than, give it time ?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c

After all these years it amazes me how people equate press conferences to some meaningful information where one can interpret a response one way or another and justify their own bias and extreme stance on a situation.

Stefanski is trying his best to imitate Bill Belichick giving very vague answers and falling back to Belichickesque "We have to get better" and "We are focusing on next week". Sorry man, he has not earned that right yet. Bill Belichick teams DO get "better". What has this Team done to get better in the past 7 weeks? Where is the accountability Stefanski has consistently preached? How about actually doing something instead of just hiding behind those pisspoor statements. Enough already.

Not sure your age, when Bill was a HC in Cleveland he gave the same answers as a rookie HC

As of his years as a HC in NE

Nothing has changed

Bill is Bill, had nothing to do with his win loss record

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
It's always amazed me how people make fun of head coaches for giving generic answers to questions. Do they want him to throw others under the bus like Hue did? Do they want him to scream and say I am benching so and so? Do they want him to say that we suck? Pass the buck to his assistant coaches. The answers are meaningless and everyone who has a brain should know that. It's more of people inventing reasons to trash a coach.

I want him to say he sucks. I want him to say his team is bad and he's a bad coach.

Just be honest. It's not that difficult. His new thing now is just to say how good the other team is. What a clown.

The absolute worst thing this franchise does is baby players and coaches and hold no one accountable. They are going to make Woods the scapegoat for Stefanski's incompetence. He's not going to learn. He's not going to grow. He's going to say "not my fault...it was my DC."

This team is just a joke all the way around. From Haslam all the way down to player 53. The fans deserve better than this big pile of steaming crap. We deserve better than Kevin Stefanski.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't know if it is inventing reasons to trash a coach, but it is allowing emotions to rule and distort their thinking process.

I have always thought that it is important to allow people to save face. Firing people mid season isn't doing that. It is pretty clear that Woods is gone after the season. Probably soon after.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Rishuz

I want him to say he sucks. I want him to say his team is bad and he's a bad coach.

Just be honest. It's not that difficult. His new thing now is just to say how good the other team is. What a clown.

The absolute worst thing this franchise does is baby players and coaches and hold no one accountable. They are going to make Woods the scapegoat for Stefanski's incompetence. He's not going to learn. He's not going to grow. He's going to say "not my fault...it was my DC."

This team is just a joke all the way around. From Haslam all the way down to player 53. The fans deserve better than this big pile of steaming crap. We deserve better than Kevin Stefanski.

That is where your thinking is off. What do we as fans deserve? The only thing we deserve is for the team to show up and play the game as scheduled.

Seriously, that is all we deserve.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V

Can you please post all the quotes from the losing team's press conferences where the HC made comments like the ones you "want?"

You are piling on. That's your right. It's also my right to call BS when I see it. Coaches don't do that. Period.

Legend
Legend
Hudson really got a Blutarsky!! (ZERO POINT ZERO)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: FATE
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

That is where your thinking is off. What do we as fans deserve? The only thing we deserve is for the team to show up and play the game as scheduled.

Seriously, that is all we deserve.

This is an interesting take and maybe a perspective I should adopt so I can stop getting so pissed off. But then what's the point of being a fan? If we should be that emotionless about it, why watch? Why care? What would be the point?

Btw, I think the Browns organization feels the way you described about the fans. Their only obligation is to show up as scheduled on game day. That much is pretty clear.

B
Legend
Legend
B
There is a difference between deserving something and wanting something to happen.

I want a Superbowl win as much as you, but I don't deserve one because I choose to buy season tickets.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
This feels like a therapy session and honestly I feel better.

That and the bet I'm making on the Bucs this weekend will go a long way toward changing my mood moving forward.

F
Legend
Legend
F
I'm a bit torn on this weeks game.

As I have lived in South Florida for 30+ years now, and I adopted Tampa as my second team (since they were not in the AFC, versus picking Miami). And as the laughable years of Browns football continued, I more and more looked toward Tampa as the team to watch (also helps they are on TV more regularly here).

So if I did even drop my allegiance to the Browns, it would be for Tampa.

And much like Cleveland, I bet Tampa in Vegas every year post Superbowl for the next year (did awesome 2 years ago when I got Tampa at 60:1 before Brady signed =) )

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

As I have lived in South Florida for 30+ years now, and I adopted Tampa as my second team (since they were not in the AFC, versus picking Miami). And as the laughable years of Browns football continued, I more and more looked toward Tampa as the team to watch (also helps they are on TV more regularly here).

And much like Cleveland, I bet Tampa in Vegas every year post Superbowl for the next year (did awesome 2 years ago when I got Tampa at 60:1 before Brady signed =) )

I mean absolutely no disrespect by asking this, and I'm not being snarky, but:

How can any Browns fan have a "second team"?

I've read and heard of this strange phenomenon (sometimes on this board, sometimes from friends -even in Ohio), but I never got it. To an extent, I get it in regards to college football - the alma mater thing, etc. But for the Browns, it's a mystifying thing to me.

Even as bad as we have been since The Return and the boneheaded decisions we have made along the way, I never considered watching, rooting for the NFC Cardinals or even following their progress. Again, believe me, I'm not being confrontational. I just never could figure it out. But, then again, I didn't watch a pro football game between '96 and '98.

Maybe it's just me.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Everyone is different. There's nothing wrong w/your viewpoint, but others are not wired that way. Personally, I just love football. I watch as many games as possible because I enjoy the game itself. Rooting for a team is fun, but who cares what team you root for? Is someone a better person because he/she roots for one particular team? My wife is a Steelers fan. She had season tix to their games when we met. I had season tickets to the Browns game. We engage in a friendly banter all year long, but choosing one team over another means nothing.

I watch the games because they are entertaining. It's a nice escape from the issues and problems that occur daily in real life. I get mad at times during the game, but afterwards, I let it go. It's a freaking game. I really can't understand how some folks let the results of a football game where people are either making millions or billions affect their daily lives. All the drama on here is amusing and irritating at the same time.

Bottom line, it's a game and if it gets to the point of not being enjoyable any longer, I will simply stop watching rather than let it affect my mood past game day.

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
F
Legend
Legend
F
I think it's just acclimation.

I've been to several Tampa games, been to several Miami games as well, but Tampa struck me differently. They were a team in disfunction for many years.

I had a second teams years ago, I was a Raiders fan. My mom and my aunt worked at Millers in Avon and Lyle Alzado came in there when I was there doing homework after school, had to be 8 or 9. He was so cool and nice to me, that I instantly became a fan, so when he went to the Raiders, I became a fan of them.

As Vers said, football is an escape, it's entertainment to me. I am sad when the Browns lose, but it has no affect on my life. I know people who just carry an anger after a Cleveland loss for days. I just can't live that way.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Fair enough.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Besides the Browns, there's only 1 team I'll watch and root for, unless they're playing the Browns.

The Buffalo Bills.

Ralph Wilson was extremely instrumental in Cleveland getting their franchise back in 1999.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I think expecting Stefanski to come out in public and say much more than he is saying at PC's is an absurd notion.

Corporations and even families do not air their dirty laundry in public unless it's that guy in a muscle shirt we used to see on Cops. Such issues are handled internally. Could he say he's going to study the tape and hold players more accountable? Could he say the defense is letting the team down? Yes, he could say those things. But why would he want to do that or why would that be wise?

It wouldn't. Airing such things can only create more division. And as we can see by the public comments from some players there seems to be enough of that starting to fester without adding fuel to the fire.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think my post-game comment for the rest of this year will read: Doesn't matter, the season's over.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I think my post-game comment for the rest of this year will read: Doesn't matter, the season's over.

The season has BEEN over. What universe are you living in???????????????????????

O
Legend
Legend
O
The one where we don't feed the trolls.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think it's just acclimation.

I've been to several Tampa games, been to several Miami games as well, but Tampa struck me differently. They were a team in disfunction for many years.

I had a second teams years ago, I was a Raiders fan. My mom and my aunt worked at Millers in Avon and Lyle Alzado came in there when I was there doing homework after school, had to be 8 or 9. He was so cool and nice to me, that I instantly became a fan, so when he went to the Raiders, I became a fan of them.

As Vers said, football is an escape, it's entertainment to me. I am sad when the Browns lose, but it has no affect on my life. I know people who just carry an anger after a Cleveland loss for days. I just can't live that way.

very good post !

Thanks for sharing that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
j/c

I think expecting Stefanski to come out in public and say much more than he is saying at PC's is an absurd notion.

Corporations and even families do not air their dirty laundry in public unless it's that guy in a muscle shirt we used to see on Cops. Such issues are handled internally. Could he say he's going to study the tape and hold players more accountable? Could he say the defense is letting the team down? Yes, he could say those things. But why would he want to do that or why would that be wise?

It wouldn't. Airing such things can only create more division. And as we can see by the public comments from some players there seems to be enough of that starting to fester without adding fuel to the fire.

well said Mr Pit !

smile

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by AZBrown

I mean absolutely no disrespect by asking this, and I'm not being snarky, but:

How can any Browns fan have a "second team"?

I've read and heard of this strange phenomenon (sometimes on this board, sometimes from friends -even in Ohio), but I never got it. To an extent, I get it in regards to college football - the alma mater thing, etc. But for the Browns, it's a mystifying thing to me.

Even as bad as we have been since The Return and the boneheaded decisions we have made along the way, I never considered watching, rooting for the NFC Cardinals or even following their progress. Again, believe me, I'm not being confrontational. I just never could figure it out. But, then again, I didn't watch a pro football game between '96 and '98.

Maybe it's just me.

Growing up in the 60's and on

I grew up with the Pro Football Hall Of Fame four streets over from my house

I have told this story before.

My friends and I would visit it often, back then it was new so the 70's besides

ty dye and flared jeans football was awesome, watching players with huge shoulder pads that

were at least three feet wide lol ! forearm pads thigh pads neck pads etc etc just the look back then

We loved going in and looking at helmets . the Patriots was a cool helmet , Alan Page was my sisters friend and he would visit

My cousin was a WR for the Lions in the mid 70's

I liked the Chiefs because as a RB kids would say I ran like Ed Podolak, I liked the Vikings because of Alan Page and the purple curtain, The lions because my Cousin played for them.

I like football, I love the Browns, But liking another team is okay because it's about the game for me.

Will I root for another team playing against the Browns ? Nope !

Do you watch other games other than the Browns ? If so

Hope you don't mind me saying you do, if you do

Between the other two teams playing, is there one who you root for ?

I know I do

1 member likes this: FATE
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Bills 31 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard