Next Thread
Print Thread
#1994410 12/21/22 12:17 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The Browns are a 3 point favorite and the Over/Under is 32.5.

Weather should be a factor. Cold temps w/a wind chill of around -9 and wind gusts up to 40 mph are in the forecast.

Should be a low-scoring game w/both teams wanting to run the ball. Saints are ranked 10th worst in rushing yards allowed this year. That might be influenced because they have trailed a lot this year and teams run more when winning late in games. Hopefully, Chubb will be able to play and we can rely on our run game. Likewise, NO will want to use Kamara to exploit our questionable run defense.

We might see more 4th down attempts and fewer FG attempts this week due to the wind.

The Browns will probably run a lot of Heavy packages.

I really haven't watched the Saints much this year. I watch a lot of games, but rarely put them on. I know they've had a lot of injuries. We might want to keep an eye on Juwan Johnson in this game. He's been coming on strong lately. Also, former Buckeye Olave is having a nice year. And I hope Juice gets a nice ovation from the fans. He played hard for us and we miss his leadership.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Offense,

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I hope Juice gets a nice ovation from the fans. He played hard for us and we miss his leadership.

I was sorry to see him go.
It won't matter if the stands give him props or not- I'll get up from my chair and give him some applause.
Quality player.
Quality team mate.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
3 members like this: Versatile Dog, Southwestdawg, jfanent
L
Legend
Legend
L
Hopefully Pocic returns to the lineup, that’d be a huge upgrade. Our run game will have to be better than theirs, and I agree Kamara is their biggest threat on a day with bad weather.

I have a feeling that Njoku and David Bell will get plenty of looks in the passing game, I’m not worried about Watson getting frostbite. wink

Just run the damn ball, I say, and we should be fine.
Final home game of the year, let’s win this.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Tell Watson to run more and with a better center, roll the pocket out more often and let him run it. Gets too cute faking a pass. This will boil down to successful plays more than 'chunk' plays. Retain the ball and get all the ground you see, not all you can gamble. The breezy weather tomorrow will favor the groundpounders. Work the middle more. I like our chances if we can beat the cold mentally. Unleash The Elf of Winter!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

RIP to the Froholdt era...

2 members like this: PitDAWG, Versatile Dog
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Milk, we need you to attend the game w/one of your family members.

A while back, you took your eldest son and we got the W. Last week, you and your younger son attended another Brown's victory. You gotta suck it up and take one for the team to guarantee us yet another W!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Good news overall, but I have to say I will be glad to see Clowney gone next year.

Injury Report: Browns rule 1 player out, 1 player questionable vs. Saints
C Ethan Pocic will also be activated from injured reserve for the game

Dec 22, 2022 at 01:33 PM

Anthony Poisal
Staff Writer

The Browns will be missing one key piece of their defensive line and could miss another key player from their secondary Saturday against the Saints.

DE Jadeveon Clowney was ruled out for the game due to a concussion while S John Johnson was ruled questionable with a thigh injury he suffered last week against the Ravens.

Clowney, who has two sacks and three tackles for a loss this year, will miss his fourth game of the season due to injury and first since he suffered the concussion.

Additionally, C Ethan Pocic, who has been on injured reserve since suffering a knee injury in Week 11, will also be activated for the game. He was designated to return from IR on Tuesday.

"He looked like himself [in practice]," head coach Kevin Stefanski said. "He will be fully activated."

DE Myles Garrett (illness) and RB Nick Chubb (foot) also each missed the first two days of practice this week but were back on the field Thursday. With no injury designation, both are expected to play.

"Looked normal [in practice]," Stefanski said. "Nick looked good. Myles is feeling better. They look normal."

WR Amari Cooper (hip) was also back at practice Thursday after missing the first two days of the week, which were considered rest days for him.

With Clowney out, rookies Alex Wright and Isaiah Thomas and Chase Winovich could be tasked with the rotational roles at defensive end. Wright, a third-round pick from UAB, played the majority of snaps after Clowney exited the game last week.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...ayer-out-1-player-questionable-vs-saints

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

A while back, you took your eldest son and we got the W. Last week, you and your younger son attended another Brown's victory. You gotta suck it up and take one for the team to guarantee us yet another W!

I'd only go if I could be in a suite. Too cold for 6-8 football! My neighbor, who kept his season tickets is going. He's still trying to find someone to take to the game. I think everyone in his family has said they'll pass, lol.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
We're doomed.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man

I'd only go if I could be in a suite. Too cold for 6-8 football! My neighbor, who kept his season tickets is going. He's still trying to find someone to take to the game. I think everyone in his family has said they'll pass, lol.

Milk, if you do this, I'll go double or nothing with Vers. Between the two, that should pretty much seal a victory. Admittedly, my job is much easier. LOL

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Milk, if you do this, I'll go double or nothing with Vers. Between the two, that should pretty much seal a victory. Admittedly, my job is much easier. LOL

I just looked and club seats are going for as low as $35 per ticket. I could go and just sit in the lounge the whole game, lol. Have to tell my my wife I won't be at the in-laws the Christmas Eve!

3 members like this: Pdawg, FATE, Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Your neighbor needs to take a cardboard cutout of you to the game. Throw on of your jackets and hats on it, maybe we can trick the football gods.

3 members like this: Milk Man, Milk Man, Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
By the 3rd quarter if we are losing Vers/Rish will have a Major League/Pedro Cerrano moment …..we should’ve gotten the live Milk Man!

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Funny stuff, guys. Love it!

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
I think we win this one! Easily...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask

Your neighbor needs to take a cardboard cutout of you to the game. Throw on of your jackets and hats on it, maybe we can trick the football gods.

I've been pushing for him to take their daughter's two month old baby strapped in a BabyBjorn....really raise some eyebrows!

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
Good news on Pocic. We desperately missed him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hate the color rush. Absolutely HORRIBLE.

2 members like this: Hammer, tastybrownies
Legend
Legend
Agreed .. not a fan of the all brown turd look.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Awful uni. Might help to be seen in a blizzard. Who signed off on this garbage? Punishment for the 2022 record? If this is RUSH, rush it to the curb.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R
You guys are crazy. The color rush rocks.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Could be worse - could be the elf on the helmets.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Saints 17 Saints @ Browns Preview

Link Copied to Clipboard