Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
3 members like this: TTTDawg, Clemdawg, EveDawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not so much goofy but certainly immortal.

Great and/or "Immortal" clips from "The Hustler".

Sorry bout the link. Not a "snowballs chance in in heck" of me figurin out how to post this one

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLt5qtosTj5Nfvt4je05jFPaHGbLYtwjl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
j/c

"My wife and I got stuck in an elevator and when we got home, we told our kids about it. They looked at us and said,
'So... did ya get out?' "

My wife and I looked at each other- and made a pact to go ahead and just start drinking away their college fund..."

"too many notes, not enough music-"
5 members like this: TTTDawg, GratefulDawg, PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
True story Clem, my daughter came home from college her sophomore year for thanksgiving. She opens the fridge to gaze at all the food, as starving college kids do. Then suddenly, with a serious tone of disgust in her voice, she turns and questions me sternly asking, "Why did you get an ALL-WHITE meat turkey? I liked dark meat too!" My wife and I felt just like that, smh. We've never let her live it down, either.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/01/22 01:33 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
3 members like this: TTTDawg, GratefulDawg, Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
These are the stories that family members are never allowed to live down.

I LMAO every time I hear a new one, because I'm the subject of so many of our family's tales.
Misery loves company.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Ours too. My sister-in-law was dating my brother at 19 when they went to a family New Years' Eve party at my parents' house. She proceeded to get blitzed over the course of the evening, blacking out at some point and taking a very public exhibitionist-style leak on the hardwood floor behind my mother's recliner. In front of a half dozen witnesses, she just stumbled over behind it, dropped her drawers to her knees, squatted, and let it rip! She almost didn't become my sister-in-law that night. She was a kid then but still get's grief for that one and to date, she has never remembered a thing about that night beyond the first hour of being there.

And yes, for those worried, she was legal drinking age for the time.

Legend
Legend
My dad never held anything back. I was in my 30's, put on some weight and hadn't seen him for a while. We went over to his place to visit, and the first thing he said was, "Wow, you look like you're ready for market".

He had a heart of gold and everybody loved him, but you had to have a thick skin when you went to his house. Men, women, children.....he was an equal opportunity slammer.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: lampdogg, Clemdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
resourceful kid.
impressive.
potential sociopath.
never to be trusted. ever.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see this as a first step towards a political career for this young man.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That kid has one helluva future ahead of him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Not Goofy, Just smooth...

#gmSTRONG
2 members like this: Ballpeen, TTTDawg
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

You had to be a child of the late 60's/early 70's. Nothing else will help you understand. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Well the problem is, weed had nothing to do with it. Acid did.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: 3rd_and_20, PitDAWG, OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Bro-
Coors Light is someone else's urine.

#cantdothis

A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, for the working class, it's beer. Not everyone can be snobbish. Although, a friend that employs over 650 people, lives in a million dollar house...........yeh, when we go out, or we go there, or they come here - Coors light. Or for me, Keystone. That's just us though. Rich, poor. It's just a rural thing.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Eh, my bad. I forgot to state it isn't just the wealthy, it's the common Joe as WELL as the wealthy. The teachers, the factory workers, the farmers, the lawyers (can't explain how many attorney's I've sat with that had a Coors light) the body shop owners that go totally Busch Light..................snobs? None of them. Belittling people? Nope, doesn't happen. Not that you were doing that.

Legend
Legend
Well, for the working class, it's beer. Not everyone can be snobbish.

It was just a joke between me and jfan.
Not every post of mine is meant to be a comment on politics, class, income or status.

When She&Me were just getting started, we drank Shaefer beer. It was cheap, it tasted just fine, didn't give us the s#z... and it was easily available, because we were poor as fk, and lived in a cinder block 2nd- story walk-up across the street from Zeranti's Beverage Warehouse. Yep- a 2-bedroom dive, above Campnell's Termite & Pest Control... right next to the 8-bay 'U-Do-It' self-car wash on North St, just east of Cole St. In Lima.

Aside from my current job onstage, I've never worked a job that didn't involve tools, straps, grease, sweat, or hard work that required a shower at the end of a day's work... so please don't presume to teach me about real workers, and what we drink after quitting time. At 9 years of age, I drank a 7-Up after a hard day's work delivering pianos and organs to rich folk on Saturday mornings. When I was 20, I drank Miller Lite with my co-workers when I was a pipefitter's apprentice and boilermaker's extra at an oil refinery.

I know hard work. And I know Real People.
I also know watery, unsatisfying beers after a hard day's work. Those watery, sub-standard beverages I shared with my friends were some of the most satisfying drinks I ever consumed.

Bad beer isn't a bad thing... even for effete, snooty "intellectual elites" like myself.

Sometimes, a dumb joke about bad beer is just that- a joke... from someone who came up from beginnings far humbler than yours- or most of these Dawgs.

In other public threads, you've repeatedly mentioned to all who could read that I don't like you. That isn't true, at all. It has never been true.
What is true is this: after all these years, you still don't seem to get me. That's not the fault of either of us. Some folks just don't blend easily.

jfanent gets my jokes, because he gets me. That's why I toss my stuff to him in the way that I do. I don't have to explain s# to him, or work my ass off for him to understand what or why I'm posting. He just gets it. It's easy and comfortable between us. You seem require work and effort all the time. Sometimes, I just don't want to put in the extra time and effort. It's a message board. Jokes are supposed to flow easily. If I have to explain that it's a joke, it's no longer a joke. Which means that now, it's no longer easy or fun.

And now, I've just burned away another 10 minutes of my waning life explaining something to you that others don't seem to require. And the thread flow has now been disrupted. A turd just got dropped into the party punch bowl, and I'm now point man on the clean-up crew. Would I bother spending this much time and effort time on someone who didn't matter to me?

It was a dumb joke about bad beer.
That's all.

In a thread named... and dedicated to "Goofy."
Damn, dude.
Learn to read the damned room, fer Chrissakes.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
M
Legend
Legend
M

You'll need something much stronger than marijuana.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
R
Legend
Legend
R
How do people not like Coors Light? Over the last few years it has become my go to. Especially in the summer. Put them in the freezer fifteen minutes before consumption. Delicious.

I consider myself somewhat of a beer connoisseur. We make it a habit to try beers and breweries across the country. It has come to a point where the craft beer revolution has gotten completely out of hand, and I find myself returning to the simpler stuff.

An ice cold coors light where the mountains are jet blue....sign me up.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
How do people not like Coors Light?

Because it tastes like someone else's urine... we've covered this.

It's like someone de-beered it; removed the calories, removed the flavor, added sugar up front and bitter beer face in the ass-end. Yuck.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Where else to put this.

I yearn for if any Fast Food Chain would ever provide the Burger special that is hidden in the movie Super Troopers
s
Hidden because it is so tertiary to the point of the scene. The scene is all about the frustration of the orderer dealing with the drive thru window, but , they do offer a special, and I think it's a good one.

think about it, any fast food franchise,

Order a store themed Burger, and a milk shake and apple pie, ... and the Fries come free. Think about it, what a money maker and what a popular meal it would be.

I. who doesn't want free French fries and French fries are the easiest thing for Fast food places to give away and not lose money Plus moving Apple Pies helps the bottom line always any way you do it.

2. Think about the customer, not only do you get to enjoy the rarity of an apple pie, BUT you also get 4 items and one of them comes free.

3rd. There is no food franchise that is losing money by moving more of it's signature burger.

the only change would be including all drinks not only milkshakes

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
j/c

A duck walks into a pharmacy, waddles up to the counter, and asks the pharmacist, "hey man- you guys sell Chap Stick?"
"Sure. Aisle 8, top shelf."
"Thanks man. "

Duck waddles off, makes his selection, and returns to the counter.

"That'll be a $1.69. will that be cash or credit?"
"Neither. Just put it on my bill." [rim shot]

2 days later, same duck walks into the pharmacy again.

"Hey man- you guys sell condoms?"
"Sure. Aisle 69."
" Thanks man."

Duck returns to the counter with his box of condoms.

" That'll be $6.69. want me to put these on your bill too?"
" HEY! What the hell kind of duck do you think I am??!!"

1 member likes this: lampdogg
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Man Who Used To Be Sad When He Got Socks For Christmas Now Sad When He Doesn't Get Socks For Christmas

https://babylonbee.com/news/man-who...now-sad-he-didnt-get-socks-for-christmas

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Reminds me of this, and while not "goofy immortal", it hit's home with past dogs I've had, and Sammy the cat - .....

Sorry for taking the thread off course.

P
Legend
Legend
P
A woman decided to give herself a big treat for her 70th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel.. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.  She demanded to know why the charge was so high "I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250..00 for just an overnight stay - I didn't even have breakfast!"  The clerk told her that $250.00 is the 'standard rate,' and breakfast had been included had she wanted it. 

She insisted on speaking to the Manager. The Manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."  "But I didn't use them."  'Well, they are here, and you could have." He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous."We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here."  "But I didn't go to any of those shows.."  "Well, we have them, and you could have."  No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" and the Manager countered with his standard response.  After several minutes discussion, and with the Manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him. The Manager was surprised when he looked at the check.  "But Madam, this check is for only $50.00"  "That's correct I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me."  "But I didn't!"  "Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband.

She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded:

"Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?"
“We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"
"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"
"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome's Tiber River called Teste."
"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks it's gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump, the worst hotel in the city! The rooms are small, the service is surly, and they're overpriced. So, whatcha' doing when you get there?"
"We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."
"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people are trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome.

“It was wonderful," explained the woman, "not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand, I knelt down, and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really! What did he say?"

"He said: 'Who *effed* up your hair?'"

2 members like this: lampdogg, PitDAWG
FATE #1997195 01/03/23 12:33 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Rishuz
How do people not like Coors Light?

Because it tastes like someone else's urine... we've covered this.

It's like someone de-beered it; removed the calories, removed the flavor, added sugar up front and bitter beer face in the ass-end. Yuck.
and, Oh my gosh a talking dog.

Because no other explanation works, in My mind anyway, for how FATE would know what someone else's urine tasted like, unless his dog told him. Therefore, Oh my gosh a talking dog.

Why is California weather on my local news.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

...and the lack of a diagonal slash must indicate that this activity is legal.
I'm looking at the narrowness of the street, the architecture- I'm thinking Europe. In which case, this activity might even be encouraged in this zone.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Pretty sure that it either means two for one day in the red-light district, or it's an idiot warning for the ESCALATOR down to the subway. But I could be off a smidge.

EDIT: Looked for the answer and saw a guy on Reddit say it was a street crossing sign for a roundabout in his country. lol.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/16/23 11:03 PM.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
As you rotate the image, you'll find 3 other positions that are just as perplexing.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
I know, right?

In my search, I found all those other orientations. I specifically stuck with the pic that features ground:down-sky;up

Those other rotations just leave me dizzy, disoriented... and more than jst a little bit annoyed.

Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I see your "she bangs" and raise you one "tuts my barreh"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2000552 01/18/23 07:33 AM
Legend
Legend
My Theme song

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Goofy Immortal 2

Link Copied to Clipboard