Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
CNN leftist BS!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
T
Legend
Legend
T
How about a call for a constitutional amendment, that would outlaw, profiting from advertising at a rate greater than one hundred thousand times the federal minimum wage.
Commercial advertising, should not cost more than one hundred thousand times the federal minimum wage.

A penalty of shutting down their business for I4 years, fourteen years, would give that bill some teeth.

On the surface, it seems that a hundred thousand times the federal minimum wage, ought to be enough of a rate for advertisers
but if you consider...
well at the current minimum wage, the most premium advertising allowed would be just over twelve thousand dollars per minute, or over six thousand for a 30 second add.

Which would have an effect on the dynamics of the economic systems, and eventually lead to more affordable goods.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
How about a call for a constitutional amendment, that would outlaw, profiting from advertising at a rate greater than one hundred thousand times the federal minimum wage.

LOL you are ridiculous.

There is a difference between profit vs cost of goods.

What determines the price of any object is what someone is willing to pay for it.

If it wasn't worth it... no one would buy it... much like a Beta VCR player.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Unless of course it's fuel, housing and food. You know, things you need to survive. Then you have to pay the asking price whether it's worth it or not. It's not that "you're willing to pay it". It's that you have to pay it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Unless of course it's fuel, housing and food. You know, things you need to survive. Then you have to pay the asking price whether it's worth it or not. It's not that "you're willing to pay it". It's that you have to pay it.

advertising doesn't fit into any one of these items.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
LOL you are ridiculous.

What determines the price of any object is what someone is willing to pay for it.

You never mentioned a word about advertising in the post I was responding to. Not a single word. And yes, realtors, oil companies and grocery stores advertise.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL you are ridiculous.

You never mentioned a word about advertising in the post I was responding to. Not a single word. And yes, realtors, oil companies and grocery stores advertise.

This is what happens when you jump in the middle of 2 people talking and you start quoting people without context.

A
Legend
Legend
A
But, there was a thread without him having the last word.

2 members like this: FATE, FrankZ
P
Legend
Legend
P
And here you are pulling up the rear again. Do you mean the thread where someone said they would not respond again and lied about it? Did you actually have anything relevant to the thread to add? I didn't think so.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And here you are pulling up the rear again. Do you mean the thread where someone said they would not respond again and lied about it? Did you actually have anything relevant to the thread to add? I didn't think so.

You really need a blog. Then you can be the only one posting on it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Why? It's rather enjoyable watching some of you get all triggered and come after me. It's not like I'm going anywhere. It's a futile effort on the part of those who do but funny none the less. I almost forgot, you don't get humor.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Why? It's rather enjoyable watching some of you get all triggered and come after me. It's not like I'm going anywhere. It's a futile effort on the part of those who do but funny none the less. I almost forgot, you don't get humor.

At least you can, tangentially, admit to being a troll.

P
Legend
Legend
P
See, you're inability to translate what someone is saying is severely flawed. Just like when you claimed to know more about what trump said than trump did. It's just funny watching some of you attempt to be trolls because you're so poor at it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
See, you're inability to translate what someone is saying is severely flawed. Just like when you claimed to know more about what trump said than trump did. It's just funny watching some of you attempt to be trolls because you're so poor at it.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's flawed.

You claimed to know what Trump said so you must be right, but others cannot. You also live in a delusion.

I bet he never said "it is time for a peaceful transition power" because you said he didn't, no matter the actual reality of him saying it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump said it himself. He did not concede the election as you claimed. And now you wish to move the goal posts on to something else. Yes, AFTER he caused Jan. 6th to become violent trying to stop the election from being certified. Which is the number one thing that must be done after the election is held in the peaceful transfer of power process.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Trump said it himself. He did not concede the election as you claimed. And now you wish to move the goal posts on to something else. Yes, AFTER he caused Jan. 6th to become violent trying to stop the election from being certified. Which is the number one thing that must be done after the election is held in the peaceful transfer of power process.
So the things you do or say tomorrow causes the things you do or say today to cease existence?

No, that it doesn't work that way. He gave a concession speech. It was during that he conceded. That happened. It is fact, it is recorded and even the major anti-Trump media spinners called it that. What happened after that does not change that it happened. You would be correct in implying he recanted the concession, you would be correct that the concession was weak, well, only if you had said anything of that. What you said, and continue to say in the face of facts is it did not happen at all.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You keep arguing with trump because you think you are so smart you know what he meant more than he does.

Send those thoughts to....

Donald Trump

1100 S Ocean Blvd

Palm Beach, FL 33480

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You keep arguing with trump because you think you are so smart you know what he meant more than he does.

Send those thoughts to....

Donald Trump

1100 S Ocean Blvd

Palm Beach, FL 33480

So you think history changed because of some tweet that agrees with you? Yeah, that's how physics works.

Oh and the sound bite you rely on is cut off at the end. I dunno what he was gonna say, but I bet you will tell us cause you can predict what Trump says and means.

Can't make this stuff up, just can't even make this stuff up.

Last edited by FrankZ; 03/20/23 04:22 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Amazon has laid off 27,000 people in the last 60 ish days.

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/amazon-to-cut-another-9000-jobs-6210386/

Amazon to cut another 9,000 jobs

By Melissa Cantor, Editor at LinkedIn News
Updated 36 minutes ago

Amazon will cut another 9,000 jobs in the coming weeks, CEO Andy Jassy said in a memo to staff on Monday. This is the second round of layoffs this year at the e-commerce behemoth, which announced plans in January to reduce its workforce by 11,000 and later revised the figure up to 18,000. Facebook parent company Meta also announced a fresh round of job cuts last week, saying it will shed 10,000 positions in addition to the 11,000 it eliminated in late 2022. The ongoing reductions suggest many tech companies still consider themselves overstaffed after hiring aggressively during pandemic boom times.

The new cuts will primarily affect employees in Amazon's cloud computing, human resources and advertising divisions, along with roughly 400 workers at live streaming platform Twitch, according to TechCrunch.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Amazon has laid off 27,000 people in the last 60 ish days.

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/amazon-to-cut-another-9000-jobs-6210386/

Amazon to cut another 9,000 jobs

By Melissa Cantor, Editor at LinkedIn News
Updated 36 minutes ago

Amazon will cut another 9,000 jobs in the coming weeks, CEO Andy Jassy said in a memo to staff on Monday. This is the second round of layoffs this year at the e-commerce behemoth, which announced plans in January to reduce its workforce by 11,000 and later revised the figure up to 18,000. Facebook parent company Meta also announced a fresh round of job cuts last week, saying it will shed 10,000 positions in addition to the 11,000 it eliminated in late 2022. The ongoing reductions suggest many tech companies still consider themselves overstaffed after hiring aggressively during pandemic boom times.

The new cuts will primarily affect employees in Amazon's cloud computing, human resources and advertising divisions, along with roughly 400 workers at live streaming platform Twitch, according to TechCrunch.

I didn't know the Rings of Power was THAT bad!!

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
All I know is the economy has gone to hell since the election and people are arguing about Trump. It's so freaking ignorant that it's funny for a few minutes until reality sets back in.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We had a meeting a couple of weeks ago that was not on my schedule until about 10 minutes before, and called by the director of my group. That always gets the nerves up. He starts talking about how we are changing responsibilities and reporting and "not sure what it all means" and stuff like that. About 10 minutes in he says "everyone's job is safe and this is more about long term slow realignments". I'm like "dude you could have led with that bit". We all had a good laugh and he agreed that might have been a good idea.

At my age the word "reorganization" is not a friendly word.

Legend
Legend
It's that sad kind of funny. Where you laugh, almost out of habit, but are already shaking your head in disbelief.

And it just keeps going... and going... excuse after excuse, non-stop finger-pointing at the previous admin. Skirting all responsibility in the name of some boogeyman; nothing changing.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: archbolddawg, EveDawg, Versatile Dog
F
Legend
Legend
F
It's exactly as they want it. People so caught up in Left or Right, that they don't see the real problems.

I don't care what Trump or Biden are doing, or the Left or the Right, on a daily basis.

When I wake up each morning, all I care about is can I pay my bills and enjoy my life? If the elected officials aren't going to help me with that, then I don't need them to represent me, and I will try someone new, regardless of party. But my vote isn't the only one that counts, and I'm stuck relying on people who don't give a damn about anything but party numbers, and keep voting the same non-effective people into office.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
2 members like this: GMdawg, Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
All I know is the economy has gone to hell since the election and people are arguing about Trump. It's so freaking ignorant that it's funny for a few minutes until reality sets back in.

Yeah calling for violence and being under criminal investigation in several places should never be mentioned.

rofl

We're only allowed to talk about the economy because according to you nothing else matters. Get that crap outta here.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Someone called for violence?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes. I know you don't seem to think saying take America back is calling for violence. But that's what he said right before Jan. 6th. He knows it works and he just used it again. I'm sorry you don't see the pattern.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rofl

And you just used the term "snowflakes" in another thread??

P
Legend
Legend
P
So what is your point exactly? He used it before to invoke violence and now he's using it again for the same purpose. When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. Trump has taught you well Weedhopper.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Fate you must not know the three envelope method of leadership---3 envelopes- use the envelopes sparingly - first big crisis open an envelope- blame it on your predecessor, ....next crisis- blame it on your subordinates ,.... next big crisis- prepare three envelopes. Easy!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
T
Legend
Legend
T
Again,
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...crisis-big-business-economy-prices-wages

Who is really benefiting from the high inflation,
it's the owners, owners of big business taking food off of your table. taking a roof from over your head.
placing 8I percent of your income to a place to sleep.
can't go on.

if you make more they'll take more if you make more they'll take more.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M

I am not 100% sure this is what you meant - but did you suggest this is cause and affect - your post sure reads like that. We elected a Democrat and the economy went in the tank. Clearly cause and correlation in your mind?. The rest of the world, Covid, War in Ukraine and supply chain issues be damned. US inflation rate 6.04% -- United Kingdom -- 10% -- EU 9.9%. Must have all been caused by Biden.

And not sure about anyone else - but I can talk about many things at the same time. Economy, Biden's administration, the War in Ukraine, Past presidents, the front runners of the GOP who will be the candidate in the next election - hell you can even throw in some football, soccer and March Madness and I can still keep up .... all at the same time and all of it relevant.

Last edited by mgh888; 03/28/23 08:40 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by mgh888

I am not 100% sure this is what you meant - but did you suggest this is cause and affect - your post sure reads like that. We elected a Democrat and the economy went in the tank. Clearly cause and correlation in your mind?. The rest of the world, Covid, War in Ukraine and supply chain issues be damned. US inflation rate 6.04% -- United Kingdom -- 10% -- EU 9.9%. Must have all been caused by Biden.

And not sure about anyone else - but I can talk about many things at the same time. Economy, Biden's administration, the War in Ukraine, Past presidents, the front runners of the GOP who will be the candidate in the next election - hell you can even throw in some football, soccer and March Madness and I can still keep up .... all at the same time and all of it relevant.

As far as the United States goes. This bad economy is all Joe Biden and the Democrats fault. They own it! They cut of the pipelines day 1 that led to higher gas prices that in turn was a major contributing factor in the inflation here in the States. You can spin it however you want. He is a failed President with failed policies. Jimmy Carter's 2nd term is in full effect. Is there a Ronald Reagan that can somehow pull us out of it like he did in 1980?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Facts don't back that up - but that's okay I guess.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
This Ronny? The GOP could never support him/her now! (clutching pearls)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ronny began the downfall. Selling out the middle class with his corporate welfare tax rates.
Glad he’s in the ground where he can’t cause more harm.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
They don't build Presidents like Ronald Reagan anymore. He was the first great President in my lifetime and sad to say he might be the last of the great Presidents. He stood for principles and integrity. That is a trait that is lost in today's politicians.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Reagan also caved to the democrat congress too often too, but people rarely want to highlight that. Reagan comproimised his principles and did not veto all he could, a number of times. I may have not been born yet, but that doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention and maybe born yet. Reagan wasn't all he was cracked up to be, actually a pretty liberal *word at times, far too many times than to deserve this over celebration. He could have stood harder for his principles, namely stopping the democrats awful agenda, of that time or any time. He, or his signature on laws acted like what today would be termed a rino in too many times in the middle of his presidency and you didn't need to be a politician for it to be obvious.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
They don't build Presidents like Ronald Reagan anymore. He was the first great President in my lifetime and sad to say he might be the last of the great Presidents. He stood for principles and integrity. That is a trait that is lost in today's politicians.

Clinton, Obama, and Biden are all better presidents. And I loved Reagan when he was in office, but he took the country for a 40+ years ride to exactly where we are now with all that trickle-down crap. That's why everything is so damn lopsided in favor of the rich. But bro, anybody with a lick of sense and a grasp on reality can see he wasn't so "great" as much as admired and hyped by others. He had some damn fine wins with Russia, and at first, the economy seemed to have boomed after a sharp downturn under Carter. But in the long run, his domestic economic policy was horrible; his tax reduction policy hurt America by seriously reducing the tax burden of corporations and the financial elite while focusing on cutting services offered on the entitlements side of the equation and simultaneously doubling our defense spending. Can you tell me with a straight face he was great? Smh. Maybe you can, but I live in the real world where feelings never become facts.

I'd say simply based on policy and fighting for actual working-class people, Biden is approaching a historically great presidency himself. Think FDR-lite.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/30/23 10:08 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
After reading a glance of the Reagan presidency in online junction, what stood out?
He raised taxes on cigarettes but helped the corporate elite, he didn't veto the tax bills that create the wealth gap, and led to a loss of pensions for the worker, and he crushed unions.
he busted Lebanon, what the ' were they doing negotiating between the PLO and Israel, to hold back Israel, .. oh, the military attack there.

then, He began the war on drugs, now, one can't say the news stories about the war on drugs caused Nine Eleven, but, BUT, one can say all the news stories of resources in anti terrorism right after nine eleven, were a shift a direct opposite shift from the same agencies which had been making stories about the anti drug campaign, the war on drugs...
the war on drugs became the war on terrorism and if they hadn't been busy focused so soley on drugs had they might have found and stopped the terrorism? Who knows. Actually, we can't know what they were focused on only that the news stories prior to nine eleven weren't or were almost exclusively drug war related and anti terrorism was barely and rarely mentioned, and after nine eleven an instant shift.
But the war on drugs started during the Reagan years.
He expanded surveilence of what we can all be sure included regular americans. because it was spelled out not to include americans, Oh? How on brand. Haven't they all.
His eighty one, tax act, made changes but then he didn't veto the next two that rolled things back and made it clear that the corporations would benefit and the regular people would get burdened.
He began amnesty for illegals. No?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Are we still following gas prices?

FWIW: I recently filled up for $3.79/gallon for premium
In Charlotte NC

Last edited by Jester; 04/01/23 11:27 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Sigh…the economy... Part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard