Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Six straight games holding opponents to 17 or less. Steelers haven't allowed more than 190yds passing in any of those games.

Offense faces a tough battle this Sunday.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well it's a good opportunity to see what KS and the O can dial up against a legit D. It should be interesting, even if it isn't conclusive as an indication for next year

Last edited by mgh888; 01/06/23 10:16 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
A preview from a neutral party.

The best statement to come out of that video "Chubb - 5.0 Yards Per Carry, 1,488 yards, 12 TDs, such a waste". I could not agree more. Another wasted year in his prime and not making the playoffs.

I get sick to my stomach thinking about the wasted years of Chubb and Garrett.

Heard a really great comment by Daryl Reiter today on the radio...I'm paraphrasing..."the Browns don't have a talent problem, they have a soft skills problem...they lack the leadership at all levels of the organization to put the talent together and be successful...they are basically a dysfunctional mess."

I have not heard anyone complain about talent on this team in 4 years. The media constantly praises the talent level on the team. Several guys in the top 100. And 3 out of the last 4 seasons have been losing seasons. Not just missing the playoffs but below .500.

That is simply gross.

And we have people pining to stick with this clown show.

You don't think Harbaugh would run to Cleveland to coach this team? It's ok though, we got Depo and Kev...who needs the 'super successful at every level' Harbaugh.

What a joke.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I have not heard anyone complain about talent on this team in 4 years.

I'm not getting on you, but you may want to rethink that line. There are threads dedicated to our OL and how they were going to get a certain someone killed. Meanwhile, they were ranked 1st overall one year and 8th the next. I've read repeatedly how our WRs were the worst in the league. I read that our TEs suck. I've read that a certain someone had a terrible supporting cast. I could go on, but I think you'll get the point.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Or the guy making hateful comments about the last guy. The hate is real.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
It was more of a general statement. Anyone with half a brain knows the team has been talented for multiple years (and that OBJ was not running the wrong routes).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What will Pittsburgh Steelers game reveal about Browns, Deshaun Watson? – Terry Pluto’s Pregame Scribbles
Published: Jan. 08, 2023, 5:09 a.m.

PITTSBURGH – Scribbles in my notebook as the Browns end their season in Pittsburgh:

1. This is a huge game for the Steelers who enter Sunday with an 8-8 record and a chance to make the playoffs. The Browns are 7-9 and have been out of the playoff race for two weeks. The Steelers are at home. Will the Browns simply be thinking about getting through the day without getting hurt – and then going home?

2. How will the Browns react after Jadeveon Clowney’s venting to cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot about the coaching, favoritism toward Myles Garrett and how he is being mistreated. The Browns sent Clowney home from the practice facility. Soon to be a free agent, Clowney will not play Sunday. But how will those on the field perform? Sometimes, a controversy like this can bring a team together. Or else, it could be a sign of more “internal discord,” to quote a Browns phrase from 2018 when coach Hue Jackson and offensive coordinator Todd Haley were fired at midseason.

3. The Browns have been hyping the game as a chance to kill the Steelers’ playoff dreams. It also would end coach Mike Tomlin’s streak of 15 consecutive seasons without a losing record. Is that enough to motivate the Browns? They have been such a strange team in 2022, I doubt anyone can answer that question.

4. Then there’s Deshaun Watson. This is his first clash with Pittsburgh while wearing an orange helmet. In his first five Cleveland games, he’s had one excellent half. That was the final two quarters of last week’s 24-10 victory over Washington. He threw three TD passes after the intermission.

5. Since coming off his 11-game suspension, Watson has been very inconsistent. He was sacked four times in the first half vs. Washington, when he was 3 of 8 for 28 yards. I was told two of the sacks were a problem with protection. The two others were on Watson, holding the ball too long. A few times, receivers failed to run precise routes.

6. In the second half, Watson didn’t scramble quite as much and was more confident where he wanted to throw the ball. He hit Amari Cooper twice for TD passes.

7. Tomlin on Watson: “Stepping into a stadium with Deshaun Watson has our attention ... We also have to do a better job with Cooper. He’s a featured, central guy. With each exposure (Watson and Cooper playing more together), it’s reasonable to expect it to be better – so that’s an agenda for us.”

8. Tomlin also said the Browns had five third-and-1 situations when Cleveland beat Pittsburgh 29-17 on Sept. 22. He talked about the Browns running game setting up those short yardage, third-down situations. He said the Browns won “the attrition,” meaning they wore down the Pittsburgh defense with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt rushing for 160 yards in 35 carries. QB Jacoby Brissett was 21 of 31 for 220 yards and a pair of TDs.

9. This is Watson’s sixth and final game of the season. All the talk of “rust” from not playing for 700 days is now irrelevant. Nor should weather be a problem. Sunday’s high temperature in Pittsburgh is supposed to be 43. But not a lot of wind or snow. It’s January. It’s the AFC North. Watson will play in a lot of games like this for the Browns, so he must learn how to deal with it.

10. The last time these two teams met, Mentor product Mitch Trubisky started at QB for Pittsburgh. Now, rookie Kenny Pickett has the job. He has been the starter during Pittsburgh’s 6-2 record since the bye week. He has led game-winning drives in the last two Pittsburgh contests, victories over Baltimore (16-13) and Las Vegas (13-10).

11. Pickett has very modest stats: Six TDs vs. nine interceptions, completing 64% of his passes. He’s mobile, rushing for 236 yards (4.5 average). He has a 6-5 record as starter. Pittsburgh won’t put up big numbers on offense. They’ll run the ball a lot at the Browns, play good defense and try to win a close, low-scoring game.

12. My Prediction: The Browns are 1-19 vs. the Steelers in the regular season since Pittsburgh moved to Acrisure Stadium, which used to be called Heinz Field. The one playoff game here between the two teams was won by the Browns in 2020. But this is the regular season and Pittsburgh wins, 19-17.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...tson-terry-plutos-pregame-scribbles.html

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by Jester
12. My Prediction: The Browns are 1-19 vs. the Steelers in the regular season since Pittsburgh moved to Acrisure Stadium, which used to be called Heinz Field. The one playoff game here between the two teams was won by the Browns in 2020. But this is the regular season and Pittsburgh wins, 19-17.

Well, other than that other playoff game that the Browns lost. Do better, Terry.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Jester
8. Tomlin also said the Browns had five third-and-1 situations when Cleveland beat Pittsburgh 29-17 on Sept. 22. He talked about the Browns running game setting up those short yardage, third-down situations. He said the Browns won “the attrition,” meaning they wore down the Pittsburgh defense with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt rushing for 160 yards in 35 carries.

#8 !!!

Maybe Ford will step up in place of Hunt next season. I'd prefer D'Ernest, but I doubt that happens.

Last edited by AZBrown; 01/08/23 12:49 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Gameday vs Pittsburgh Browns @ Steelers Preview

Link Copied to Clipboard