Print Thread
#1999087 01/09/23 09:59 PM
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Well TCU is getting boat raced.
Man the Bucks… if they’d just taken care of business.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
#FreeToddMonken

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Wow a TCU interception with 36 seconds left in the half. Georgia with another TD.

TCU is outmatched. Outclassed. Finished.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
They need to invoke a mercy rule or something and stop the carnage. This is a total embarassment.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
The sponsors have to hate this. Millions spent and everybody will tune out at halftime.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
The sponsors have to hate this. Millions spent and everybody will tune out at halftime.

I lasted 10 mins... switched over to NCIS... Bucks should have been in this game... TCU is overmatched...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
....and Michigan lost to this team.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Just checked in on the score. Yikes.
TCU is getting pantsed in public.
52-7

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
59 now.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Unwatchable. Has been from midway through the first quarter. You could see TCU had that dear in headlights look to them. The game was over at the coin flip.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
As a coach, what do you say to your team in the locker room after getting absolutely smoked like that?
You did your best? You gave it your all?
I hope all those kids get a day at Disney tomorrow to make their trip to LA something more than getting pounded on a national stage.

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Looks like the National Championship was played between Ohio State and Georgia on NYE.
If the Buckeyes can convince Stroud to stay, I don’t see much in their way of a title next year.

B
Legend
Legend
B
SEC SEC SEC

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
If ever there were an argument against expanding the playoff field....... Even with 4 there always seems to be a team or two that doesn't belong.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jfanent
If ever there were an argument against expanding the playoff field....... Even with 4 there always seems to be a team or two that doesn't belong.

My thinking is they get exposed. Alabama would kick the crap out of TCU...maybe even the rest of the field.

I think too many good teams who can win get left out rather than some team lucking out getting in.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I was thinking about the expanded playoffs and how the rest of the country has SEC fatigue. They may not like what is coming. If you look at the New Year's 6 games which equates to 12 teams and would be a very close representation of what teams would be in a 12-team playoff just with different seedings. 3 SEC teams in those games all won and those teams went 4-0 in the games played. It also caught my attention that this year another conference sent 2 teams to the playoffs and both lost. The SEC did it twice before and those teams met in the finals both times.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
The rest of the field? Your SEC bias is over the top, bro. Ohio State outplayed Georgia. Their HC and QB said so themselves. Alabama sucked this year.

Legend
Legend
Talk about a freaking annihilation. One of the most lopsided championships I can ever recall

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by jfanent

My thinking is they get exposed. Alabama would kick the crap out of TCU...maybe even the rest of the field.

I think too many good teams who can win get left out rather than some team lucking out getting in.

If that's the case....with the league realignments, we're going to have what.....3-4 SEC and 2-3 B1G teams in the 8 team playoff? Makes you wonder if there's a planned break from the NCAA.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Agreed. A 12 team playoff will ensure that ‘Bama, Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, USC, and Michigan always get a chance. - They’ll all be in the 12 team playoff for the foreseeable future. Then there will be the typical fringe teams that make the playoff 3/5 years - Penn State, LSU, Wisconsin, Oregon, Texas, TCU, Florida.

Once the 12 team playoff begins, I think conferences and conference championships will be a thing of the past. This year Alabama didn’t even play in their conference championship but would have clearly performed better than TCU last night. The same can be said for Penn State.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I would be in favor of eliminating Conference Championship games. That would help reduce the number of games and they were just a vehicle to make more money for the NCAA anyway.

3 members like this: RememberMuni, FATE, jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
SEC SEC SEC

Is that what you were chanting while you were holding your breath and praying OSU would miss that FG at the end of the Georgia game?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by RememberMuni

Agreed. A 12 team playoff will ensure that ‘Bama, Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, USC, and Michigan always get a chance. - They’ll all be in the 12 team playoff for the foreseeable future. Then there will be the typical fringe teams that make the playoff 3/5 years - Penn State, LSU, Wisconsin, Oregon, Texas, TCU, Florida.

Once the 12 team playoff begins, I think conferences and conference championships will be a thing of the past. This year Alabama didn’t even play in their conference championship but would have clearly performed better than TCU last night. The same can be said for Penn State.

Yikes. Out of the 13 teams in your example, 11 are or soon to be in the SEC or B1G. I guess that's where we're headed. I agree with getting rid of the conference championship games, at least in the 2 bigs..... you could have a realistic chance of teams having to face each other 3 times in one season.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

3 members like this: Ballpeen, jfanent, RememberMuni
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Absolutely. I think we’ll get a much better playoff but the days of conferences, conference rivalries, and conference championships are numbered. Ohio State and Michigan will remain a tradition as will Texas/Oklahoma, etc. - But these won’t mean as much as all 4 teams will typically be playing significantly more meaningful games a week later.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
The rest of the field? Your SEC bias is over the top, bro. Ohio State outplayed Georgia. Their HC and QB said so themselves. Alabama sucked this year.

Alabama didn't suck. I think your anti-SEC bias is over the top, so we are equal. All I know is Georgia beat OSU and the SEC has won 14 of the last 20 national titles. As impressive as that is, the SEC had had 5 different teams to do that. It isn't the same team winning the weak conference one decade to the next.

I don't feel a need to defend my position. I'll just point to the facts.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Just going by the top 16 ranked teams (and I shifted teams around to avoid conferences playing each other in the first 2 rounds), here would be this year’s 16 team bracket:

1 Georgia
16 Oregon

8 Penn State
9 Tulane

4 Ohio State
13 Clemson

5 Alabama
12 USC

2 TCU
15 LSU

7 Washington
10 Florida State

3 Michigan
14 Kansas State

6 Tennessee
11 Utah

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
To keep it going, Round 2 in seeded order would look like 1. Georgia vs. Penn State, TCU vs Washington, Michigan vs. Ohio State, Bama vs Tennessee.

Round 3: Georgia vs. Bama, TCU vs Ohio State

Round 4: Georgia vs. Ohio State.

- These games are going to rival NFL Playoff games in popularity. If they can find a way to have the CFP playoffs to occur in Spring, I can’t imagine the popularity and viewership. The 12 team playoff is a dream come true for football addicts like me and presumably most of the guys/gals on here.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Not so much about the seeding, who knows on that, but I agree. Having twelve teams in competition for the championship eliminates all the bickering about who got left out other than the 13th team, and at that point, who cares? No matter how many teams you have there is going to be a little discussion about who got left out, similar to the NCAA basketball tournament There is some talk, but nobody is up in arms about a gross omission.

I also like that 1 or 2 losses doesn't wreck a teams chances to compete. Not all losses are the same Maybe even 3 losses in some cases.

I also think having more teams involved will help with players declaring for the NFL draft. Many declare now and don't play but may not do so if their team still has a shot at the national championship.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum National Championship game

Link Copied to Clipboard