Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I really wish McCarthy would have negotiated with more center leaning Democrats than these 20 people.

It would have been better for Americans and negotiations to get things done with Dems.

Dissapointing!

I keep prying for centerist/moderate Dems and Republicans to work together... it'd be much better for America if we had more collaboration and less of the fringe on either side...

I like to think that there is more of that than being reported. That just doesn't make for "good" news. How long is news about Republican and Democratic Senators working together to get bill through the process going to keep people riveted to their televisions?

"And in Washington, everybody got along".

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I really wish McCarthy would have negotiated with more center leaning Democrats than these 20 people.

It would have been better for Americans and negotiations to get things done with Dems.

Dissapointing!

I keep prying for centerist/moderate Dems and Republicans to work together... it'd be much better for America if we had more collaboration and less of the fringe on either side...

I like to think that there is more of that than being reported. That just doesn't make for "good" news. How long is news about Republican and Democratic Senators working together to get bill through the process going to keep people riveted to their televisions?

"And in Washington, everybody got along".

That sounds a lot like Wishful Thinking.. I wish it were true also. Neither side has all the answers and in that case, the real losers are the American People who count on their elected officials to work FOR them not a party.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
trump and the republicans were always, always "us against the dems." Biden has gone out of his way to get and mention bi-partisan support every chance he gets. trump thrived on division.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Loving how McCarthy is graciously taking his seat. To an audience of one. Lol

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
We'll see.

I don't think it is in as much disarray as some think.

In looking at some of the demands, I like many them and don't care one way or the other about the others.

I think you may have missed my point. It's probably because I took shortcuts to make the spelling pun in my punch line ("Gaetz" of Hell...)

Here's my point behind the post:

Kevin McCarthy relinquished pretty much every lever of influence that comes with the post of SOtH in order to actually gain the title. Every single concession he made gave power/influence to the 20 holdouts, while the other 200 Republicans who held the line in support stood by and watched him do it. Each of those concessions took from him another % of the very thing he's lusted after for so many decades. The far-right wing of the GOP now owns him for the next 2 years.

He will dance upon their strings, allow them to dictate what gets sent to the floor, rubber-stamp them spending time/money on investigations, and become the king of passing nothing that actually helps American families. With a Dem-held Senate and a Dem POTUS armed with his veto pen, what influence do you really think Kevin McCarthy actually wields? For that matter, what influence do you think the Matt Gaetz/Lauren Boebert wing(nutz) of the GOP will have over how real s# rolls down, these next 24 months?

Bruh- these past 5 days are just the beginning.
They are the GOP under the magnifying glass. Close-up ain't lookin' so pretty, yo.

Expect so, so much more of this... because the GOP is just beginning to work themselves through some deepazz family dynamics, right now.

It happens with both parties on a reg basis.
Right now, it's the GOP in the public crosshairs.

Matt Gaetz is the current face of Kevin McCarthy's worst nightmare: a House member with his same R badge, who's publicly bent him over in more humiliating ways than any D ever could/would. Matt G is a mini-Trump... and Kevin has now shown everyone that he'll even play The Ned Beatty Role for a cheapass Trump knock-off.

Not the most auspicious start to a new Speaker's tenure.
I've already made my predix: Kevin McCarthy will preside over the 118th congress with a void between his legs.

I don't care about the specific "demands" you'd rather discuss, or even the ones you agree/disagree with. I'd much rather discuss the more important and salient issue: the manner in which Kevin McCarthy routinely and repeatedly sold off every single scrap of his dignity/soul to get that thing he's so nakedly lusted after for so many years. I'd much rather discuss what that means for the GOP, the legislative branch, and us American citizens going forward- with such a compromised, neutered, invertebrate person filling such a central governmental role.

As I said: Kevin McCarthy has truly passed through "The Gaetz of Hell."
He now has what he's always wanted: the Title. Only.

-and there's no going back.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Just like throwing trump at us in spite of Obama. They’re throwing McCarthy at us in spite of Nancy. Childish games. Goper’s Pffft.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
P
Legend
Legend
P
You warned them about what trump really was. They didn't listen. You told them trump was a habitual liar and a grifter. They did not listen. You are now warning them of what happened right in front of their very noses and they still won't listen.

It reminds me of part of the lyrics to a song I really like by Don McLean titled Vincent. At first he thinks people will listen. After a while he realizes hey will most likely never listen.....

Now, I understand what you tried to say to me
And how you suffered for your sanity
And how you tried to set them free
They would not listen, they did not know how
Perhaps they'll listen now

Last chorus

Now, I think I know what you tried to say to me
How you suffered for your sanity
How you tried to set them free
They would not listen, they're not listening still
Perhaps they never will

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Just like throwing trump at us in spite of Obama. They’re throwing McCarthy at us in spite of Nancy. Childish games. Goper’s Pffft.

Yep. The right literally handed the house over to an inept bootlicking fool. Hopefully, the left can limit the damage these idiots do every time they get a say in anything. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though; AI and VR advancements are such that we should be able to create a looney toons-like world where Marge, Beavis, Stinkerbelle Bobert, and look-the-other-way Gym Jordan can call all the shots. Y'all can spend eternity holding each other's beer in complete bliss with no libs in VR. Meanwhile, the real world can get back to the business of growing economies and governing like adults.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
"Starry, starry night...."

Yep. I know the piece.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I need help understanding something.

The house is telling us that they intend to cut funding to the IRS and the FBI. Can they actually do that without senate approval....

I understand they can bring impeachment charges against a few of the folks they don't like. Such as Mayorkas (sp) and Biden. But without the senate, what does it mean? The house impeached Trump only to have the Senate reject it. so I'm a little confused what all the fuss is about.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Yes. The house controls funding. If it doesn't pass there, no funding is appropriated.

Impeachments are different. The House brings impeachment charges but the actual trial is conducted in the Senate.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yes. The house controls funding. If it doesn't pass there, no funding is appropriated.

Impeachments are different. The House brings impeachment charges but the actual trial is conducted in the Senate.

I guess that's the way they'll go about attempting to control the Budget,, Simply don't approve anything in the house.

OK,, so, if the house approves a budget, can the senate say no and send it back to them?

Man if t hat's the case, it's going to be fun to watch the next two years.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Thankful that other countries are stepping up with Ukraine. Like US selling weapons to Canada for them to give to the Ukraine.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

I guess that's the way they'll go about attempting to control the Budget,, Simply don't approve anything in the house.

OK,, so, if the house approves a budget, can the senate say no and send it back to them?

Man if t hat's the case, it's going to be fun to watch the next two years.

It’s obstruction plan and simple. Back to the same ole game. Protecting the rich and the tax they don’t pay. Impeachment, and protecting insurrectionists. While inflation, crime, and, border security are seated up in the bleachers. You know the issues they ran on.

George Washington
B
Legend
Legend
B
Not quite like that.

LOL...I suppose if you don't like something, I am all for it. I am sure it works the other way as well.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Whatever. crazy crazy

George Washington
Legend
Legend
Not quite like that.

LOL...I suppose if you don't like something, I am all for it. I am sure it works the other way as well.

FWIW, remember the old saying, if it walks like a duck, it's a duck.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Speaker of the House

Link Copied to Clipboard