Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Legend
Legend
P
But here is one angle that may allow the Browns to help avoid some of that guaranteed money which would handicap future salary cap issues.....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's from June.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And still applies as far as I know.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

Spending all that cash helped last season's cap room. Last year's numbers don't do a whole lot to show us how that spent cash shows up on this year's cap room.

If Haslam is again willing to spend a lot of cash up front, it can help us to fit in bigger contracts this season. It can also help sway players as they'd start making interest on more money sooner and they could also invest that money outside of financial instruments.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Right. But having an owner willing to spend cash in big bonuses doesn't give Berry a lot of flexibility w/the salary cap. LOL......smh

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Right. But having an owner willing to spend cash in big bonuses doesn't give Berry a lot of flexibility w/the salary cap.

Finally a note of sanity.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Right. Haslam's willingness to spend cash does indeed help Berry w/the salary cap. It's pretty obvious that the guy really does "prioritize winning."

It doesn't guarantee we win, but it's nice having an owner who is willing to do all he can financially to help the team win.

V
Legend
Legend
V

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Now restructure Garrett!

M
Legend
Legend
M

And they will restructure again next year.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It was expected that Watson would be restructured by everyone. The clearing of 36M in cap space isn't really totally correct because the Browns were 14M in the hole. We don't have all the specifics yet, but the cap space created to sign FA's should be about 19M - not the 36M listed give or take.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by steve0255
The clearing of 36M in cap space isn't really totally correct because the Browns were 14M in the hole. We don't have all the specifics yet, but the cap space created to sign FA's should be about 19M - not the 36M listed give or take.

I think the vast majority of people here understand that.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
And they will restructure again next year.

thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
Going in for some simple surgery tomorrow...Unfortunately my heart is so weak that we had to cancel the procedure to be done in an out patient environment. But due to heart they had to reschedule the procedure at a hospital. The big fear is that I might not wake up from the anesthesia the surgery itself is not a difficult procedure - mostly laser. My point is I come to this board for some pleasure in reading FOOTBALL primarily about my Browns. Only to read like 6 posts about My penis being bigger than yours. I'm tired of that - show some discipline and swallow the hatred you have for each other and post football. Outside all the immature bantering there actually is some good points that was discussed.

I miss football posts. Btw in the process I have done about our Watson trade being one of the worst for the franchise. Plenty of QBs available if our Mayfield busted out. but not discussed is that we had the best cap situations and spending ability TOP 5 - we could have made a shot at Ramsey for our Defense. So far that would be Jordan Davis and a talent like Ramsey for our Defense and a lot more after FA begins.
We will see if Watson becomes a leader who is relaxed into a system making reads Brisset was able to a great job in his reads - doesn't come close to the talent that Watson has. But I have yet seen the ability to execute our system - I know he has the TALENT but does he have that QB ability mentally. My big problems still remains with character. No remorse, no apology to the women who were VICTIMS. I don't have daughters but I have 2 Daughter in laws who hate my favorite team because of Watson. I saw a QB who would take off scrambling way too soon I do not know if that is rust or just the product we have at the helm. I want a QB who can move around in the pocket and on occasion put the ball down and take off. Not every play. Apologies for wandering off from the thread but it is centered on our Salary Cap as being a variable in the review of our trade. We went from big pockets to Cap Hell.

Take care if you do not hear from me later this week that means I didn't wake up. I'm not afraid but it seems all the doctors are. Insurance loves it cause I keep surviving now I might not and they will save $$$. Later guys and gals....love you and may God bless you all!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, mgh888
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by eotab
Going in for some simple surgery tomorrow...Unfortunately my heart is so weak that we had to cancel the procedure to be done in an out patient environment. But due to heart they had to reschedule the procedure at a hospital. The big fear is that I might not wake up from the anesthesia the surgery itself is not a difficult procedure - mostly laser. My point is I come to this board for some pleasure in reading FOOTBALL primarily about my Browns. Only to read like 6 posts about My penis being bigger than yours. I'm tired of that - show some discipline and swallow the hatred you have for each other and post football. Outside all the immature bantering there actually is some good points that was discussed.

I miss football posts. Btw in the process I have done about our Watson trade being one of the worst for the franchise. Plenty of QBs available if our Mayfield busted out. but not discussed is that we had the best cap situations and spending ability TOP 5 - we could have made a shot at Ramsey for our Defense. So far that would be Jordan Davis and a talent like Ramsey for our Defense and a lot more after FA begins.
We will see if Watson becomes a leader who is relaxed into a system making reads Brisset was able to a great job in his reads - doesn't come close to the talent that Watson has. But I have yet seen the ability to execute our system - I know he has the TALENT but does he have that QB ability mentally. My big problems still remains with character. No remorse, no apology to the women who were VICTIMS. I don't have daughters but I have 2 Daughter in laws who hate my favorite team because of Watson. I saw a QB who would take off scrambling way too soon I do not know if that is rust or just the product we have at the helm. I want a QB who can move around in the pocket and on occasion put the ball down and take off. Not every play. Apologies for wandering off from the thread but it is centered on our Salary Cap as being a variable in the review of our trade. We went from big pockets to Cap Hell.

Take care if you do not hear from me later this week that means I didn't wake up. I'm not afraid but it seems all the doctors are. Insurance loves it cause I keep surviving now I might not and they will save $$$. Later guys and gals....love you and may God bless you all!
May god extend a helping hand in your recovery and good luck in your
Recovery at that. You will make it!!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Many of us knew all this talk about salary cap hell was manufactured. There are a plethora of ways to manage the cap. Berry will be up to the task.

Legend
Legend
I fully expect to hear from you soon after surgery.

We need you this year. So get it done and get back soon.

V
Legend
Legend
V

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

Prayers and well wishes Eotab.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tab, nothing but positive thoughts for you, brother. Looking forward to seeing new posts from you for a long, long time.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
tab, stay positive buddy. It's not your time yet and I fully expect to see you back here spreading your much needed knowledge. Prays are headed your way and I hope you're around long enough to finally see a consistent winner. I'll spend my next couple of days praying for your speedy recovery.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: FrankZ, CapCity Dawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Many of us knew all this talk about salary cap hell was manufactured. There are a plethora of ways to manage the cap. Berry will be up to the task.

It wasn't manufactured unless you couldn't see how much his cap hit will be in upcoming years. You hate the term kicking the can down the road but in those future cap numbers it shows that is exactly what the Browns did. That's what was predicted they would do and it's exactly what they did do. Trying to claim otherwise is what is being manufactured here.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll be praying for you tab.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm praying for you tabber.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Best of luck to you EO. I'll be praying for you. Your story brings back bad memories with my wife. Her heart got so weak they couldn't put her under for a procedure to remove some toomers. Very difficult to deal with.

M
Legend
Legend
M
All the very best Tab - we all look forward to hearing from you very soon.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M

So I read a post like this and I think to myself that the opinion being presented is that the Salary Cap is not a big factor, in fact it's hardly a factor at all and can easily be manipulated in lots of ways. Is there another way to read that post?

Meanwhile my question is - did that $36 Million disappear? Or does it need to be accounted for somewhere/somewhen? And if the NFL salary Cap seems to grow at (about) 7% - 8% a year, haven't we just moved a bubble larger than the normal annual increase from this year to a future year(s).

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Ask Pit.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/13/23 02:54 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by mgh888

So I read a post like this and I think to myself that the opinion being presented is that the Salary Cap is not a big factor, in fact it's hardly a factor at all and can easily be manipulated in lots of ways. Is there another way to read that post?

Meanwhile my question is - did that $36 Million disappear? Or does it need to be accounted for somewhere/somewhen? And if the NFL salary Cap seems to grow at (about) 7% - 8% a year, haven't we just moved a bubble larger than the normal annual increase from this year to a future year(s).

All bills must eventually get paid. Teams that feel they have a window extend players and push the payment date down the road. Once window has closed then teams will then pay the piper and take the salary cap hit. Bottom line is if you don't want to take the hit now extend and pay later. If you feel the team is not going to win now pay and take the hit, then. The other hope is when you extend and pay later the hope is that the salary cap gets bumped up and the hit is smaller than in the future. Bottom line is just like a credit card the bill eventually comes due it is just teams' kind of decide when that happens. That is why cap hell is kind of a farce because teams can manipulate and control when they get hit and when they want to take the hit.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think most of us understand how teams manipulate the cap. It's just a few Baker Mayfield fans that are trying to make this a bigger deal than it is.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Good Luck EO. Hope to see you soon. Will keep you in my thoughts.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think most of us understand how teams manipulate the cap. It's just a few Baker Mayfield fans that are trying to make this a bigger deal than it is.

rofl

Yeah, all of these NFL teams being forced to make cuts in order to get under and create cap space are all Baker fans. Sometimes I don't even think you hear yourself. And if you do, I don't think you believe yourself.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper

May god extend a helping hand in your recovery and good luck in your
Recovery at that. You will make it!!!

You got this, Eo. We are all with you bro'....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P

Yeah, it's all on me. You still can't keep bakers name out of your mouth and then claim it wasn't you who started it. People can see.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Salary Cap

Link Copied to Clipboard