Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
hitt #2005895 03/03/23 08:26 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
Ditto, he has world class speed....BUT head case, stone hands, AND injury prone. Put folk in him and move him out.

Everything you just wrote is true except for the headcase thing.. He's a good/smart young man.....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, when I used headcase I meant he'd lost confidence in playing football- catching the ball- he'll catch all day in practice, but choke in real game settings. I think he should pursue using his degree in another field. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #2006010 03/05/23 04:24 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Reminds me of little league. I was a pretty good pitcher with no one standing at the plate. Decent velocity. Good accuracy. As soon as I got into a game I struggled. Lost velocity trying not to hit the batter… even though my accuracy wasn’t ever an issue with an empty plate. I just couldn’t do it in a game setting. My little league pitching career was frustratingly (for my coach who liked my practice arm) short.

Swartz hears footsteps. Can’t say I blame him. But like my pitching dilemma, it’ll be his career ender.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Online
Legend
That brings a chuckle. Parents and their kids use to ask me all the time. "Coach let me pitch." "Johnny wants to pitch can you give him a chance?"

As soon as things got tough like hits and errors and runs scoring. Many fell apart and never asked again. You have to have a certain mental makeup to pitch.

Most do not have that.

Schwartz will get this camp. If has not improved. He will be cut.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Schwartz does not need to improve, he just needs to make plays. If he makes plays like he did in his very first game then he will be the talk of the town. I expect he will be better this year whether on the Browns or if they cut him on a different team.

They Never should have made a use of a 3rd round pick on a player who should have breen brought in as a UDFA but that doesn't change his UDFA abilities to have picked things up by year number 3.

The more time Berry and Depo stick around the worse that roster will get.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
If he makes plays like he did in his very first game then he will be the talk of the town

What? I remember him failing to battle for a ball thrown to him and standing there dumbfounded while it was picked off.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Schwartz is simply not mentally or physically tough enough
For the NFL. I saw him the other day at Brookside Park
And somebody threw a laser fast Nerfball at him and he
Ducked his head.

Many WRs with his Size has prospered in the NFL
DeShaun Jackson, Gerald McNeil (much smaller)
Isiah McKenzie has made plays..TuTu Atwell contributed
To the Rams this year.

Schwartz has reached his ceiling. Berry didn't do his homework
Good enough on Schwartz. Admit it and cut him.
He is a XFL 2nd string WR trying to br a NFL WR.
All he has is speed. Nothing else

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Schwartz is just another in a VERY long list of missed and wasted draft picks by the Browns. That is the biggest reason why we never won anything and make the playoffs once a decade. SAD!!

Legend
Legend
Watching the Combine, I saw speed aplenty and a number of guys that I would prefer to have that roster spot, and some that would be solid developmental choices for the PS. We gave him a long time to light his candle; I haven't seen enough as far as being hungry for the ball, fighting for a 50-50, and just hunger. Cross NFL off your bucket list, AS. It may be about the only separation we will see in his Browns career.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/c,

I think one of the biggest hurdles Schwartz (and Browns receivers/players/staff in general) might have is all the mental/emotional energy he has to waste trying to ignore "fans'" negativity.

There are things he needs to improve on, but dumping on him only makes his improvement less likely. We have one of the most "passionate" fan bases in the league, but also likely one of the most quick to turn pessimistic. I think that emotional anchor plays some part in the results we see.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
To play in the NFL you have to be emotionally strong. As much as Browns fans think they're so special, they're really not in regards to what you're talking about. Fans across the league expect players to live up to their contracts and draft status. Reading the Philly board, the Jets board, the Steelers board and others in the past and now actually living in Titans territory I can tell you that Browns fans are just like them in expecting accountability from their players. At one time not so long ago most teams had message boards. I used to look at them in regards to our upcoming games we had against teams. They were really no different than what we see here.

It's simply part of delivering what is expected of you. You either perform or you don't. You get judged by the fans according to your performance or lack there of. Playing in the NFL is not for the weak of heart and expecting to get grief from the fan base when your performance sucks goes with the territory. If you can't handle public scrutiny, pro sports probably isn't for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You may be right about other teams also having negative fans. That doesn't mean it's not part of our problem.

Part of being "emotionally strong," if there is such a thing, comes from having a support network. I don't know if the Browns do enough in helping to provide that. Brown's fans definitely don't seem to provide much emotional support.

Yes, getting grief comes with the territory. Should it?

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not going to say it should. And you may very well have a point on the Browns not providing a good support network. That's something I have no idea about either way.

But the reality is when you go into any profession that puts yourself in the public eye you will be judged by your performance. Right or wrong that simply goes with the territory.

As such as with in any other professional sport Browns fans offer support to those who play well. A large part of that as I said before exists in all professional sport in every city where they exist. Much of that I think is due to fans having an emotional and vested interest in their sports teams. It's a big part of their life and is extremely important to them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
If you can't hack it, pack it...

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
[quote=PortlandDawg]Reminds me of little league. I was a pretty good pitcher with no one standing at the plate. Decent velocity. Good accuracy. As soon as I got into a game I struggled. Lost velocity trying not to hit the batter… even though my accuracy wasn’t ever an issue with an empty plate. I just couldn’t do it in a game setting. My little league pitching career was frustratingly (for my coach who liked my practice arm) short.

Swartz hears footsteps. Can’t say I blame him. But like my pitching dilemma, it’ll be his career ender.[/quote)]

You just described my Little League pitching "career".

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
....yeah, my curveball had a tendency to start at the batter's head and... not curve....

Fiercely Independent.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I never stated what NFL receivers do is EASY- but don't doubt Browns have given Schwartz EVERY kind of support- JMHO- I'm POSITIVE he's had phycological experts help him, he's hit the football machine till it broke, Browns don't throw away 3rd Rnd precious draft capital without giving WORLD class speed every opportunity to succeed. It's the ONLY reason he as a slot still- I'd have cut bait probably, but soon as we cut him some other team will sign him- positive they can help him get it. If he'd been .2 slower he'd been gone years ago.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder if we can get a conditional 7th and a ham sandwich for Schwartz.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Legend
Legend
L
He’ll have one more shot - his last one with us - at camp.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I wonder if we can get a conditional 7th and a ham sandwich for Schwartz.

I'm not sure we could manage to get just the ham sandwich.

Legend
Legend
Is that you, Akron Joe?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: FATE, superbowldogg
O
Legend
Legend
O
We should trade Schwartz for two firsts. He's done as much as DW in his time here.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/13/23 07:34 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
We should trade Schwartz for two firsts. He's done as much as DW in his time here.

he actually has done more.

he single-handedly got Baker out of Cleveland.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
flamingmad felt that burn

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/13/23 09:36 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Anthony Schwartz

Link Copied to Clipboard