Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Face it man, she's just poking at people because she thinks the fact she's driving a status symbol makes here better then other people. She thinks like Elon. I'm surprised she didn't buy a Tesla.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Are you clueless? Do you need to buy a vowel? Do you need to phone a friend for a clue? The poster was congratulating himself on not buying a Tesla. Tesla is American jobs and manufacturing. And AMERICAN OWNED. Not feeding American money to a foreign entity.

Fascists are not American, like Elon/Tesla. He might as well have put out a model with a swastika on its hood. He won’t be selling a lot of those to progressives, but I’m not surprised Eve sticks up for him.

And Eve, some Datsuns are classic. But I don’t actually like them myself. That doesn’t mean others don’t like them. Or that they are not worthy of being liked.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/10/23 01:34 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Again… this is just pretty. Any other thought is absurd.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: Damanshot, PerfectSpiral
O
Legend
Legend
O
I’d drive that.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Senators demand Musk correct ‘apparent false and misleading representations’ of Tesla safety

Sens. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) went after Elon Musk on Thursday, demanding that the Tesla owner correct false statements about the safety of the company’s vehicles.

The letter comes after a report from Reuters last week found the company knowingly deployed defective parts to customers for years, avoiding recalls and potentially putting customers at risk.

“This reporting puts your statement from January that ‘Teslas are the safest car on the road’ at stark contrast with reality,” the senators wrote. “We call on you to swiftly recall all Tesla components that pose a safety risk and correct the record with NHTSA to ensure it can properly do its job,” they continued, referring to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

The impacted parts included suspension connectors and power steering parts, which are both crucial to vehicle safety.

The investigation also found that Tesla often blamed customers for damage caused by defective parts and attempted to mislead federal safety regulators with incomplete data.

“In light of these apparent false and misleading representations, we demand that you correct the record in every respect and that you commit to providing accurate and truthful statements in the future,” the senators continued. “The credibility and reputation of your company is at stake — and even more importantly, the safety of motorists and others on the roads.”

“As you are well aware, no company is above the law,” they warned.

Tesla has been racked with safety investigations in recent months. The company recalled most of the vehicles it has ever produced earlier this month for a digital update to its Autopilot software over claims that it is unsafe.

In July, the NHTSA questioned Tesla over a “secret” Autopilot feature allowing drivers to use the software without placing their hands on the wheel, dubbed “Elon mode” after the company’s owner — billionaire Elon Musk.

“The resulting relaxation of controls designed to ensure that the driver remain engaged in the dynamic driving task could lead to greater driver inattention and failure of the driver to properly supervise Autopilot,” the agency wrote.

The California attorney general began its own investigation into the safety of Autopilot software and Tesla vehicles in July.

https://thehill.com/business/438080...zPvoGT_on6tcJzqQ95KENO9DcW0dX1eUJXF5Dr5Q

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lol … he’s wrecked twitter so “Elon mode” is apropos.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Elon suspends Alexei Navalny‘s widow’s account on X.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Then x reinstated her.Almost immediately. Mmmmmm

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
This just in: Elon sits behind the desk of X with the ban hammer.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

I remember when his fan boys swore up and down Elon was gonna fix twitter and protect free speech.

lol

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Do you remember when it was the FBI "fixing" it? I felt a lot safer then because I knew they were busy getting rid of all those Russian bots.

Legend
Legend
I wish the FBI tried to fix it. At least it might have actually worked with regards to hate speech.

Unfortunately the FBI couldn’t do anything to censor speech on social media, all they can do is ask politely and hope for the best.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You're allowing facts to get in the way again Swish.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish

I remember when his fan boys swore up and down Elon was gonna fix twitter and protect free speech.

lol

More Trumpian sycophant disappointment… lmao. Elon is a douchebag. Donny is a scumbag. And ignorance is Trumpian machismo.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/20/24 12:13 PM.

Legend
Legend
Remember when the FBI paid Twitter $3,415,323 to censor users?

The FBI said it was a lie. Then when the evidence came out they said they didn't pay Twitter to censor them, just to find them. rofl

Y'all let me know when you want more facts.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Swish

lol

I own a Tesla. When I am done with it, I will not be getting a new Tesla.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And you can prove the FBI didn't just pay them to find them I suppose?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I almost made the same mistake. I’m glad I talked myself out of the earlier models and decided to wait until the tech was more established. When Elon went to the dark side, I dodged a bullet.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Remember when the FBI paid Twitter $3,415,323 to censor users?

The FBI said it was a lie. Then when the evidence came out they said they didn't pay Twitter to censor them, just to find them. rofl

Y'all let me know when you want more facts.

That actually makes sense, though, doesn't it? The FBI probably wants to know their whereabouts and whatnot and string together its own investigations. Now, if the correspondence actually came out that said the FBI said "ban them for $3.4M" and the FBI then tried to change that fact around afterward, then yeah, it's a bad look.

All that being said, Twitter is garbage now. It's so overrun by bots that it's ridiculous. When you look at any post that goes viral, the first 10-20 comments under it are just bots with replies that have almost nothing to do with the subject at hand, trying to get more clicks/views.

It's stupid now. I just try to follow it for Sports updates. It's going down the MySpace path.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
That’s because MAGA GOPers ruin everything they get involved in… simple facts.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm kind of going down a tangent now, but one of our downfalls lately is buyouts. They almost never make it better for the consumer. There is the great defense industry merger that happened in the 80's and we've been getting gouged to high heaven ever since. The breweries all sold out. Cigar City for instance is garbage compared to when it was "small town." Twitter sucks. Private equity groups are destroying all kinds of name brands like locusts.

It's all such a shame.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elon-musk-mad-don-lemon-172322412.html

Deadline
Elon Musk “Mad” At Don Lemon, Dumps Ex-CNN Anchor’s New X Show After One-On-One Sit-Down
Dominic Patten
Wed, March 13, 2024 at 12:57 PM CDT·3 min read

Elon Musk may not like talking with Don Lemon about all the lawsuits against him, but the world’s second richest man could be facing possible new legal action after “canceling” the ex-CNN anchor’s much hyped new show on X just days before its debut.

“Elon Musk is mad at me, and I just put out a statement about what happened between him, me and the interview that he is apparently so upset about,” said Lemon in a video on the platform once known as Twitter:

More from Deadline

House Passes Bill To Force TikTok Sale Or Face Being Banned In U.S.

ElectionLine's View From Abroad: Former White House Foreign Press Group Chief Kéthévane Gorjestani Says Biden's Media Handlers Must "Let Joe Be Joe" If He's Going To Beat Trump

Resigned! Fired!: Michael Kassan & UTA Scorch Each Other With Competing Suits Of Fraud, Breach Of Contract & Jeremy Zimmer's Role In Agency Partner's Exit

The not-so-shocking news of the erratic X owner dumping The Don Lemon Show, which had been set to debut on March 18, came less than 24 hours after the unveiling of Musk as the first guest.

Covering uneasy topics like the various lawsuits against Musk, the legal actions Musk himself has instigated, and the billionaire’s drug use, among others I’m told, the March 8 filmed sit-down with Musk clearly got under the billionaire’s thin skin.

Which means, instead of joining fellow fired anchor Tucker Carlson in a social media resurrection, the UTA-repped Lemon may find himself taking legal action over the cancellation to ensure he is paid the monies due to him. Given the deal with X announced early this year, Lemon could be seeking a pay-out somewhere in the mid-seven figures.

X released a statement saying that Lemon’s show “is welcome to publish its content on X, without censorship, as we believe in providing a platform for creators to scale their work and connect with new communities. However, like any enterprise, we reserve the right to make decisions about our business partnerships, and after careful consideration, X decided not to enter into a commercial partnership with the show.”

Musk himself responded, writing that Lemon’s “approach was basically just ‘CNN, but on social media’, which doesn’t work, as evidenced by the fact that CNN is dying. And, instead of it being the real Don Lemon, it was really just Jeff Zucker talking through Don, so lacked authenticity.”

This morning, Lemon provided a lot of details about what went down:

That’s a far cry from January when Lemon was brimming with praise for Musk and X, calling the social media platform “the biggest space for free speech in the world.” The irony is despite all this The Don Lemon Show will still play on X as Lemon plans to post it in full on his feed – unless Musk pulls the plug on said feed.

Otherwise, you’ll have to go to YouTube and major podcast platforms like Spotify and Apple Music to see what all the fuss is about.

The X cancellation is the second time in a year that Lemon has seen a deal go south. Back in April 2023, the then-CNN This Morning co-host was suddenly axed by Warner Bros Discovery following a series of on-air missteps after 17 years with the cable news channel.

Lemon’s exit came the morning after Fox News pulled top rated Tucker Carlson off the air following the network’s $787 million settlement with Dominion Voting Systems over election fraud claims. Lemon didn’t get Dominion kinda cash out of CNN, but in February his reps confirmed the outlet paid him the full amount of the three and a half years left on his contract – a sum that has been estimated to be around $24 million.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He's a fan of freedom of speech...unless, you know, he doesn't like it.

By the way, I don't like Don Lemon either. I think he's pompous and intimates that he always has the moral high ground. I don't think he's as bad as Tucker, but he irks me a lot.

In this case, however, I mean, come on, Elon...

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Anther law suit to look forward to Elon. Another reason why liberals rarely interview on right wing platforms.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I don't disagree with you about both of these guys. But I find it rather telling that musk got outplayed by Lemon so badly he's throwing a temper tantrum over it. I think Musk would be much better served just making statements without taking any questions. He obviously can't handle opposition very well.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Lemon is a racist. No, wait, that is Van Jones.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
rofl I thought you were among the anti move the goal posts crowd?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
rofl I thought you were among the anti move the goal posts crowd?

Yeah I don’t know WTF that was… I guess if the article makes you feel uncomfortable, you gotta react somehow.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
You posted an article about Lemon. Do you not even read what you post.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And that has to do with Van Jones how again?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I confused them.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I confused them.

Which...is obviously worth posting about... wink

So, any thoughts on the substance?

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I confused them.

Kind of like confusing Nancy Pelosi for Nikki Haley or Obama with Biden. I get it.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I dont personally care what fight Elon and Lemon have. Elon is allowed to decide which people he does business with. Lemon can always go to youtube if he gets cancelled.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
You guys are hilarious.....Lemon was not taken off X. Musk ended a commercial venture with him. He can still use X to promote himself and show w/out censorship.

X released a statement saying that Lemon’s show “is welcome to publish its content on X, without censorship, as we believe in providing a platform for creators to scale their work and connect with new communities. However, like any enterprise, we reserve the right to make decisions about our business partnerships, and after careful consideration, X decided not to enter into a commercial partnership with the show.”

rofl

But yes, let's get a chubby because the title said Elon got mad.

The X cancellation is the second time in a year that Lemon has seen a deal go south. Back in April 2023, the then-CNN This Morning co-host was suddenly axed by Warner Bros Discovery following a series of on-air missteps after 17 years with the cable news channel.

Maybe Lemon is the issue?

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 03/13/24 04:02 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
They are worried about the goalposts being moved when they arent even in the stadium.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
https://twitter.com/donlemon

Follow if you want to watch the Don Lemon Show.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The part you seem to be purposefully omitting is that the show was a partnership of Musk and Lemon. A statement was made by X making it clear that Musk pulled out of that partnership. Now if there was no prior contractual agreement reached and signed regarding that partnership, then Musk has every right to cancel the deal any time he wishes. However if there was a contractual agreement your presentation of the facts, or lack of all the facts as the case may be has legal implications.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
They are worried about the goalposts being moved when they arent even in the stadium.

I see you are having a problem grasping the fact that this was a partnership between Musk and Lemon which the statement by X made clear Musk pulled out of. But I'm not surprised by that.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I see you are having a problem reading my posts. You might need to go back to middle school.

No Craps Given
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Elon Is At It Again....

Link Copied to Clipboard