Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
In other news, Trump calls for Biden to be sent to prison!

Biden responded by asking why Trump thinks I'd visit him there?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
You should have posted that in the political jokes thread although some may not get it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So Pence comes out and says the American people dont want to waste time on this, so this is what the republican congress does? ok......

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
So Pence comes out and says the American people dont want to waste time on this, so this is what the republican congress does? ok......

BS Pence … the entire USA and the rest of the world is getting their popcorn ready.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You should have posted that in the political jokes thread although some may not get it.

It could still happen.....LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I was thinking about this whole thing with Trump and indictments for tomorrow... I am willing to bet it doesn't happen. The only reason I would think otherwise is that the city of NY and the Secret Service and the FBI are seriously prepping for trouble in the streets.

They either are going forward, or they are just prepping because Trump called for riots. Speaking of Trump calling for riots, I think he's using this entire thing as a reason to get donations.... I bet its just another grift.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
J/C

For all of you who want to see Trump tried for not following proper accounting practices (payoff for Stormy Daniels that used campaign funds) what are you hoping his punishment is? Are you aware if it is a felony or misdemeanor? What are the standard punishments?

I’m sincerely interested in your responses.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B

It is a waste of time. Political grandstanding by the DA.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F
It is a waste of time, because nothing will really come of it, maybe some fines or something, a slap on the wrist, but that's about it. But it is wasting time and keeping the division that they want and need to maintain power.

"United we stand, divided we fall."

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

A waste of time?

Don't answer me,, think about it. If it were me and they went after me for doing the same thing Trump did, would you consider it a waste of time? Hell of it were me, it wouldn't even make the news. But the fact it's an ex President of the US, it's news.

So if Joe on the street gets the same treatment that Trump is getting it's also a waste of time? If that's the true case, then why even have laws.. what good are they if we ignore them?

Why do we even have a grand Jury? What value are District Attorneys? Why have lawyers? Why have a constitution?

Political Grandstanding? Really?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg
J/C

For all of you who want to see Trump tried for not following proper accounting practices (payoff for Stormy Daniels that used campaign funds) what are you hoping his punishment is? Are you aware if it is a felony or misdemeanor? What are the standard punishments?

I’m sincerely interested in your responses.

Read my response to Peen...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot

A waste of time?

Don't answer me,, think about it. If it were me and they went after me for doing the same thing Trump did, would you consider it a waste of time? Hell of it were me, it wouldn't even make the news. But the fact it's an ex President of the US, it's news.

So if Joe on the street gets the same treatment that Trump is getting it's also a waste of time? If that's the true case, then why even have laws.. what good are they if we ignore them?

Why do we even have a grand Jury? What value are District Attorneys? Why have lawyers? Why have a constitution?

Yes. Really.

If it was you the DA wouldn't give it a second look.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
. BS … any other political figure breaking the law would be ostracized in court and public opinion worse than this POS has. Letting criminals out the back door seems to be the GOP way now. Take a look at red states. Letting criminals out the back door in droves. Not surprised the party of law and order.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
A brief recent history of the GOP.

2015… Lock her up!
2016… Lock her up!
2017… Lock her up!
2018… Lock her up!
2019… Lock her up!
2020… Lock Biden up!
2021… Lock Biden up!
2022… Lock Biden up!
Also 2022…. It’s all political grandstanding! We need to come together as a country. This is tearing America apart. Blah blah blah.

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: PitDAWG, PerfectSpiral
Legend
Legend
That’s 8 whatabouts to one. Winning lol

– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

Please send your message to the man that has been working so hard to divide us since 2015.

The Mar-a-Lago Club
c/o Donald Trump
1100 South Ocean Boulevard
Palm Beach, Florida 33480.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
F
Legend
Legend
F

Please send your message to the man that has been working so hard to divide us since 2015.

The Mar-a-Lago Club
c/o Donald Trump

If you think he is the only one, then there is no point in even trying. They've already won.

It's been slowly happening for much longer than the last few presidents.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Was the divide a product of Trump? Or was Trump getting elected a product of the existing divide?

There's no denying that Trump has done nothing good for the divide. At the same time, the divide has existed since long before Trump. He's not the only one doing the dividing. He may be a lightning rod for it.

Reinforcing division results in increasing unrest and, ultimately, violence. Getting more entrenched on one side or the other only "calcifies" the divide.

We need to figure out how to blend the two sides at the meeting point rather than solidifying the sides into two tectonic plates crashing together. When the sides collide, there's little predicting what will spew out like a volcano. "Trump" was one eruption. I worry the next one may be worse.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
If you think he is the only one, then there is no point in even trying. They've already won.

There's always been a divide to a point. Always. But if you can't see the way Trump made being nasty a badge of honor and turned the temperature up 10 degrees it's either blindness or a lack of willingness on your part to admit it. He turned the party of Reagan to the party of Trump and it has become a level of nastiness and divide that I've never seen in my lifetime.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Was the divide a product of Trump? Or was Trump getting elected a product of the existing divide?

A little of both. Somehow Republicans saw a man who was the nastiest candidate possible who attacked anyone and everyone, even members of their own party, as being who they wanted as their spokesperson. I mean some knew people like that existed. We just never knew their were so many of them. But I'm glad they came out and showed the rest of us who they really were.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F

There's always been a divide to a point. Always. But if you can't see the way Trump made being nasty a badge of honor and turned the temperature up 10 degrees it's either blindness or a lack of willingness on your part to admit it. He turned the party of Reagan to the party of Trump and it has become a level of nastiness and divide that I've never seen in my lifetime.

I never denied he's part of the problem, but he is far from the only problem, and he wasn't the start of the problem, but he definitely amplified it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I think you may be downplaying it just a bit I think we're at least somewhat on the same page here.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

A waste of time?

Yes. Really.

I call BS.. You sir are full of that very Item.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
. BS … any other political figure breaking the law would be ostracized in court and public opinion worse than this POS has. Letting criminals out the back door seems to be the GOP way now. Take a look at red states. Letting criminals out the back door in droves. Not surprised the party of law and order.

Actually, your comment is rather funny.

As for letting criminals off, take a look at what is happening in progressive cities with progressive DA's.

Seriously man, you have a mental problem.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
As for letting criminals off, take a look at what is happening in progressive cities with progressive DA's.

So since they do it in liberal cities, which you think is wrong, you now think they should do the same thing, which you think is wrong with trump?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

So since they do it in liberal cities, which you think is wrong, you now think they should do the same thing, which you think is wrong with trump?

You just repeated something he didn't say.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ

You just repeated something he didn't say.

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: archbolddawg
E
Legend
Legend
E

What crack have you been smoking? The libtards push hard for leniency on criminals and letting them out.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A little of both. Somehow Republicans saw a man who was the nastiest candidate possible who attacked anyone and everyone, even members of their own party, as being who they wanted as their spokesperson. I mean some knew people like that existed. We just never knew their were so many of them. But I'm glad they came out and showed the rest of us who they really were.

Is it really who they are? Or is it just who they are when they get carried away by the mob mentality of their group?

I think many people in this country have "identity issues." They identify so strongly as a member of their "side" that they lose sight of their identity as an individual. A side effect is that a sense of responsibility is passed off onto the group which allows people to commit actions they never otherwise would alone.

Individually, I doubt many of the Republicans would have picked Trump to be their choice for president. Unfortunately, they were thinking as members of the party. Now the "party" has its own momentum and is carrying its members (not just elected) along, for better or, most often, worse.

The Democrats have their own party's momentum carrying them along as well.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know. But it seems to me that what you posted amounts to a rationalization of one's own behavior being based on the behavior of others. I often times have disagreements with those who are far more far left progressive than myself. Mob mentality can only work if you adopt the beliefs and actions of a mob. And I don't disagree that the Democrats have their own certain amount of party momentum going on.

But I think it's slightly disingenuous to say the least to compare the general nastiness and hate that has been accepted to the level it has by Republicans to Democrats. I can make a large list of Republicans who use such language and that has been adopted as normal among them than I can Democrats that do the same. That certainly doesn't make it any better to be sure. But I do think it goes a very long way to show how more accepted it is by one side.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Groups do have a tendency to emulate their leaders. Perhaps it's fortunate that Biden's most frequently given descriptors are "good" and "idiot." link ...Sorry, I promise I didn't go looking for those particular words. It's just what popped up when I googled Joe Biden descriptions.

I just worry that if the left tries fighting by emulating Trumpian tactics, the next party "leader" might not be so benign.

Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Oh get your head out of your ass!, Trump is a crook to the core and everyone still supporting his innocence is as big a traitor as he is in the worlds honest opinion.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/21/23 03:56 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O

The Mar-a-Lago Club
c/o Donald Trump

It doesn't matter if he's the only one or NOT. He GOT CAUGHT! Trump is a crook that belongs in jail, PERIOD.

O
Legend
Legend
O

There's no denying that Trump has done nothing good for the divide. At the same time, the divide has existed since long before Trump. He's not the only one doing the dividing. He may be a lightning rod for it.

Reinforcing division results in increasing unrest and, ultimately, violence. Getting more entrenched on one side or the other only "calcifies" the divide.

We need to figure out how to blend the two sides at the meeting point rather than solidifying the sides into two tectonic plates crashing together. When the sides collide, there's little predicting what will spew out like a volcano. "Trump" was one eruption. I worry the next one may be worse.

Nah. Republican hatemongers need to crawl back into their holes and die. Dems have been trying to bring us back together under the old normal since Biden was elected. It's the crazy far-right driving divides now.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/21/23 04:03 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

I never denied he's part of the problem, but he is far from the only problem, and he wasn't the start of the problem, but he definitely amplified it.

He's not just part; he's a VERY BIG PART. Trump was the kindling, coal, air, and poker stoking the flames driving the divides for at least five years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I dunno. If they were going to try him for something more meaningful, like being a traitor, you might have a point.

Trying him for paying "hush money" to a porn star has the ring of political theatre. If it weren't for politicians, all the high end escort services would go out of business in DC.

I don't really see anyone here supporting Trump's innocence. They seem to be more looking at the DA's apparent priorities.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
O
Legend
Legend
O

A waste of time?

Yes. Really.

I call BS.. You sir are full of that very Item.

Republicans never want to hold their own to account. That's a big part of the problem.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I dunno. If they were going to try him for something more meaningful, like being a traitor, you might have a point.

Trying him for paying "hush money" to a porn star has the ring of political theatre. If it weren't for politicians, all the high end escort services would go out of business in DC.

I don't really see anyone here supporting Trump's innocence. They seem to be more looking at the DA's apparent priorities.

None of that matters. If he has the evidence, he should absolutely 100% prosecute Trump. Trump isn't special, and he is just like everyone else. And he should have to operate within the same guidelines and rules. I can't believe we even need to have this convo! Are we saying Trump is above the law? I can't even begin to tell you the hell that will roll into the streets if Trump is let off on all of his crimes. I for one will NEVER obey another law I don't like, and lose all respect for any authority the Government of the US has.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Nah. Republican hatemongers need to crawl back into their holes and die. Dems have been trying to bring us back together under the old normal since Biden was elected. It's the crazy far-right driving divides now.

Things like this are why I worry about the left's tactics. Calling the other side hatemongers and saying they need to die isn't bringing anybody together.

Perhaps I should be more careful with what I say about Trump, but at least I comment on a particular individual. This thinking in terms of sides is inherently divisive.

Fiercely Independent.
3 members like this: jaybird, Ballpeen, EveDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O

Actually, your comment is rather funny.

Seriously man, you have a mental problem.

What a crock. And PS is not the one with the mental issue.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/21/23 04:19 PM.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Looks like Charges coming against Trump

Link Copied to Clipboard