Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2008476 03/19/23 09:36 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
What simulators are people using now? Feel free to post your own mocks or ones you find that you like here. I tried one using PFF's simulator:

I traded 42, 189, and 230 for 61 and 64. Ended up with:

61. Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
64. Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
98. Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
111. YaYa Diaby, Edge, Louisville
126. Trey Palmer, WR, Nebraska

First beef with PFF's simulator is that they don't give you a link to your results. They let you copy an image, but I'm not concerned enough to try to track down hosting and doing the accompanying gymnastics to make it work here on my phone.

2nd Beef, Adetomiwa Adebawore went pick 41. I expect him to probably go much higher than that now, but they had to let him get right there to tease me. I suppose I might as well try to get used to the idea of him being gone now.

I planned on going WR at 64, but Brents seemed too good a value at a primo position to pass up.

At 98 Boutte felt worth the risk. Think he was projected as the likely top receiver in this draft at this time last year, but he dealt with some issues and had a down year.

111 might be early for Diaby, but I like the player and edge pickings were getting slim.

I didn't really want to put all my WR eggs in the Boutte basket, so took Trey Palmer at 126. He gives us another shot there at WR. He has the speed to help stretch out defenses.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Bull_Dawg #2008479 03/19/23 09:51 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Got this on ProFootballNetwork's simulator:

Adetomiwa Adebawore
EDGE Northwestern

Jack Campbell
LB Iowa

Ronnie Hickman
S Ohio State

Bryce Ford-Wheaton
WR West Virginia

Luke Schoonmaker
TE Michigan

Jammie Robinson
S Florida State

I'm sure things won't fall out like this, but it can be entertaining to see different scenarios play out.

Fiercely Independent.
Bull_Dawg #2010642 04/05/23 09:28 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't get putting bad after bad if you like your own team. I don't see a logic that takes an Edge player with the opening pick after the Moore trade because they took Alex Wright and the Edge from Oklahoma last year, Especially with the 3 D players they opened March 2023 with in FA.
Did they give up on Wright and the guy from Oklahoma already? Are they the same group of GM warroom making picks.

Whoa it's like changing the li@uid in your glass between the moment you pick up the glass and the time it takes for your arm to bring it to your lips to take a drink.

They put fertilizer on the Defensive line, and before the flowers can grow or the weeds can die they put different fertilizer on the Defensive line, and then to finish it off they put a 3rd different fertilizer on the defensive line. It's crazy to watch.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Bull_Dawg #2010651 04/05/23 11:00 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Anybody new to the team is always replacing someone from last year's 53. It's the nature of the beast.

I'd actually see Adebawore as a 3 tech for us. He could potentially play on the edge as well and that's where he was listed on that simulator. Plus we "lost" 2 DEs in Clowney and Winovich and have only brought in one so far anyways. We had at least 5 on the initial 53 last season.

Our DTs were an abomination last season and I like AA's positional versatility (amongst other things.) Unfortunately, I don't think he lasts to our pick.

Some "flowers" are perennials and some are only annuals. Most don't last very long. We've got to find some that will keep coming back and thriving.

I actually like Thomas well enough, but most 7th rounders aren't "perennials." Maybe Schwartz can figure out the right "fertilizer," but I'm all about having as many good pass rushers as possible.

A lot can change in an NFL week, let alone a season. I'm not sure how your drinking analogy was supposed to work.

Fiercely Independent.
Bull_Dawg #2011086 04/09/23 09:05 PM
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Legend
Legend
T
It'd be funny if it went exactly that way.
Not 2 linebackers?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season NFL Draft 2023 Mock Drafts

Link Copied to Clipboard