Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2010442 04/04/23 01:53 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Trump posts on Truth Social on journey to face arrest: ‘I can’t believe this is happening’

‘Heading to Lower Manhattan, the Courthouse. Seems so SURREAL — WOW, they are going to ARREST ME. Can’t believe this is happening in America. MAGA!’ he posted

Donald Trump posted on Truth Social that he “can’t believe this is happening” as he made his journey to court to face criminal charges.

The former president set off just before 1.20pm from Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue to head to Manhattan Criminal Court for his arraignment on what is believed to be almost three dozen charges.

During the brief, minutes-long journey, he couldn’t resist taking to his social media platform to document his travels.

“Heading to Lower Manhattan, the Courthouse. Seems so SURREAL — WOW, they are going to ARREST ME. Can’t believe this is happening in America. MAGA!” he posted.

The former president arrived at Manhattan Criminal Court at 1.24pm on Tuesday afternoon where he was met with both supporters and counterprotesters who have clashed throughout the historic day.

The courthouse was heavily fortified by law enforcement officers and metal barricades encircling the area as he raised his hand to wave to crowds gathered.

On entering the courthouse, he surrendered to New York authorities – becoming the first current or former US president to ever be criminally charged.

The former president is scheduled to appear in-person before Judge Juan Merchan for his arraignment at 2.15pm ET on what is expected to be almost three dozen charges.

The arraignment will not be broadcast on TV after a New York judge banned video cameras from courtroom.

He must first be arrested on the charges – with his fingerprints taken and details recorded.

However, he will not be handcuffed or put in a jail cell, and he is not expected to have his mugshot taken.

The charges are currently unconfirmed but reports suggest he will face 34 felony charges. The charges will be unsealed at his arraignment.

The former president flew into New York on Monday aboard his Trump Force One plane before spending the night at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

After the court hearing, he will fly straight back to Mar-a-Lago to deliver a primetime address at 8.15pm ET.

On Thursday 30 March, a Manhattan grand jury voted to indict Mr Trump on criminal charges over hush money payments to adult film starStormy Daniels days just before the 2016 presidential election.

Manhattan prosecutors have been investigating whether Mr Trump falsified the Trump Organization’s business records when his former lawyer and “fixer”Michael Cohen made the payment of $130,0000 to Ms Daniels.

Prosecutors claim that the money was used to silence Ms Daniels about an alleged affair she had with Mr Trump.

Mr Trump has long denied having an affair with the adult film star.

Cohen was convicted of tax evasion, lying to Congress and campaign finance violations related to the payments to Ms Daniels. He was sentenced to three years in prison.

In recent weeks, the probe ramped up with both Cohen and Ms Daniels testifying before the grand jury.

Mr Trump was also invited to testify. Though it was an invite he unsurprisingly turned down, it was a strong sign an indictment was on the way.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ial-indictment-arraignment-b2314117.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2010452 04/04/23 02:46 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

I dont think there will be much in the way of protests about this. Trump appeals to the fringe right, but not most.

No Craps Given
PitDAWG #2010458 04/04/23 03:14 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
What to know about Trump's arraignment

Former President Donald Trump has been arrested. He surrendered to authorities at the courthouse in Manhattan at around 1:30 p.m. ET. and pleaded not guilty.

Trump faces 34 counts of falsifying business records and conspiracy for his alleged role in hush money payments to two women who claimed to have had affairs with him that were paid toward the end of his 2016 campaign.

He is being arraigned in court before Judge Juan Merchan this afternoon. The hearing is ongoing, but there are no cameras in the room.

The charges resulted from an investigation by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

Anti-Trump and pro-Trump protesters, as well as the media, flooded the area outside the courthouse. Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., and George Santos, R-N.Y., made brief stops to join Trump supporters protesting against his indictment but departed amid the chaos.

Trump plans to give a speech tonight at Mar-a-Lago after he returns to Florida.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...nqV6zlBD-XJfBmNLwStheBHxislwZ2qFMIXG-ETQ

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2010468 04/04/23 03:41 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Has he been arrested or is he just being arraigned?

FrankZ #2010470 04/04/23 03:44 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by FrankZ

From the article:

The arraignment will not be broadcast on TV after a New York judge banned video cameras from courtroom.

He must first be arrested on the charges – with his fingerprints taken and details recorded.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

From the article:

NBC isn't beyond spin so I wanted to verify. I seem to recall part of this thre USSS said no one would allowed to place handcuffs on him. Just curious about the process, too much drama follows him with even the most mundane things.

PitDAWG #2010474 04/04/23 04:03 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
The Bolsheviks are happy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
FrankZ #2010480 04/04/23 04:10 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Every major network including FOX News is reporting he was arrested.

Trump allies slam his arrest as attack on rule of law: ‘A dark day for our country’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-allies-slam-arrest-attack-rule-law-dark-day-country

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2010485 04/04/23 05:18 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Every major network including FOX News is reporting he was arrested.

Trump allies slam his arrest as attack on rule of law: ‘A dark day for our country’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-allies-slam-arrest-attack-rule-law-dark-day-country

Okie dokie.

FrankZ #2010486 04/04/23 05:18 PM
Legend
Legend
no one would be allowed to place handcuffs on him

Do they even make handcuffs that small?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

Yes

FrankZ #2010490 04/04/23 07:10 PM
Legend
Legend

Yes
Lol… yeah pinky zip ties.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Yes

I just don't get some people's fascination with the size of Trump's hands.

FrankZ #2010495 04/04/23 07:23 PM
Legend
Legend

Yes

I don’t get the continued support of trump.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Yes

I don’t get the continued support of trump.

And yet only one of those things happened in this thread.

FrankZ #2010502 04/04/23 09:15 PM
Legend
Legend
Really surprised that there wasn't a gag order... Trump immediately after getting arrested holds a press conference and bashes the DA.... then Cohen, star witness, is on CNN talking about it... guess I shouldn't be that surprised... but I feel a case this high profile the judge wouldn't want key stake holders in the case going on an interview tour about the case...

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #2010514 04/05/23 05:26 AM
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Appeals court orders Stormy Daniels pay Trump $122K in legal fees hours after arraignment

https://nypost.com/2023/04/04/storm...k-in-legal-fees-hours-after-arraignment/

jaybird #2010519 04/05/23 08:00 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by jaybird
Really surprised that there wasn't a gag order... Trump immediately after getting arrested holds a press conference and bashes the DA.... then Cohen, star witness, is on CNN talking about it... guess I shouldn't be that surprised... but I feel a case this high profile the judge wouldn't want key stake holders in the case going on an interview tour about the case...

Kangaroo Court for sure. Most legal experts say charges are very weak. I see this as a political stunt.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
It is political grandstanding to feed and appease the masses.

M
Legend
Legend
M
It is political grandstanding to feed and appease the masses.

So this is a political witch hunt and Trump is innocent?

Or do you think this is a crime that would not get prosecuted if he wasn't Trump?

Or do you think we shouldn't hold elected officials accountable to the same standards as others?

Which of these or is there another explanation? Because I don't want to misrepresent what you intended to say.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2010528 04/05/23 08:43 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I said what I meant. It's a "you" problem if you can't interpret it. And everyone here knows you do indeed want to misrepresent my opinion. I will not respond to you again on this thread because it's clear you are attempting to start another argument.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
M
Legend
Legend
M
I was as polite as I could be, I'd like you to clarify a sweeping generalization and find out why you said it.

No idea why you think the US legal system in it's processing and decision to prosecute an individual after a grand jury decided evidence was prosecutable is "grand standing" or anything to do with the masses. I don't know if you think Trump is innocent. I don't know if you think the charges are invented and other individuals would not be prosecuted for the same infringements. Or the only other plausible option would be that as POTUS you don't think Trump should be held accountable.

There is no other explanation I can see.

As with Pit when he asked for details on how you implement changes regarding the mentally unwell and gun access - once you get passed your banal generalization you run away if someone wants to engage. That's a you problem, not anyone elses.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/05/23 09:19 AM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
When I think of this investigation, these lyrics from Pink Floyd's Sheep often come to mind:

Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Brilliant.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2010534 04/05/23 09:50 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Brilliant.

So let me ask you a question. Forget the hoopla and how much attention this garners because that shouldn't make a hill of beans difference to any legal process.

Do you think Trump is innocent?

If you don't think or know him to be innocent - do you think this is a made up charge(s) that wouldn't normally be prosecuted?

Or do you think somehow even if the transgressions are real, that the grand jury voted to prosecute based on the evidence - somehow Trump should not be held accountable?

I mean we can comment on the circus and avoid talking about what's right. Or we can from a position and comment on the validity of the charges/arrest.

mgh888 #2010539 04/05/23 10:19 AM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
Or do you think this is a crime that would not get prosecuted if he wasn't Trump?

It was considered a crime when Michael Cohen did it. He was charged, arrested, convicted and sent to prison over the very same incident.

But now that it's trump being held accountable for the same incident?

They claim it's a witch hunt. The only difference is one mans name was Cohen and the other mans name is trump.

Or do you think we shouldn't hold elected officials accountable to the same standards as others?

It appears from some posts the answer is no.

#gmstrong
jaybird #2010540 04/05/23 10:25 AM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jaybird

And that may still happen considering the judge stopped just short of issuing a gag order in a warning to trump about posting or saying things that might incite violence. I mean can you imagine if the judge would have come out of the gate placing a gag order on trump? I think the judge understands that trump will be trump. As such he will fall back to his worst instincts and run his mouth saying things that will force a gag order and soon. At least this way the judge will be able to say he tried to avoid placing a gag order on the case but trump and his team forced his hand.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2010541 04/05/23 10:31 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
The only person who mentioned "witch hunt" was 888. Once again, you two misrepresent what others are saying. Not one other person mentioned witch hunt. It's a fabricated accusation to throw shade on an opposing opinion. Most everyone knows that is M.O. for you two.

M
Legend
Legend
M
The only person who mentioned "witch hunt" was 888. Once again, you two misrepresent what others are saying. Not one other person mentioned witch hunt. It's a fabricated accusation to throw shade on an opposing opinion. Most everyone knows that is M.O. for you two.

No I didn't misrepresent anything. That would be you. I asked three questions. Each question followed by a question mark - I even provided a qualifying statement after my 3 questions. ""Which of these or is there another explanation? Because I don't want to misrepresent what you intended to say.""

So it wasn't an accusation and your post is a giant lie and manipulation while ducking and avoiding any actual debate. Just like always.

mgh888 #2010543 04/05/23 10:47 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Brilliant.

So let me ask you a question. Forget the hoopla and how much attention this garners because that shouldn't make a hill of beans difference to any legal process.

Do you think Trump is innocent?

If you don't think or know him to be innocent - do you think this is a made up charge(s) that wouldn't normally be prosecuted?

Or do you think somehow even if the transgressions are real, that the grand jury voted to prosecute based on the evidence - somehow Trump should not be held accountable?

I mean we can comment on the circus and avoid talking about what's right. Or we can from a position and comment on the validity of the charges/arrest.

Sure, I'll answer. But first... are you saying I shouldn't comment about the circus? The circus is off-limits?

NO. I don't think trump is innocent.

Whether the charges would be prosecuted seems to depend largely on who committed the 'crime'. All people should be held accountable when they break the law. It's the punishment and the "circus" that varies from person to person. There seems to be plenty of inequities when it comes to white-collar and political crimes.

So let's see... since this is the land of "whatabout". $hillary misreported payments made to a law firm during the 2016 campaign.

She paid for the creation of false information, paid a firm to fabricate evidence, that was then used in an attempt to unseat Trump from the White House.

She paid an $8000 fine.

I'll use the hot-button keywords to ask you a question... Which one of these is "a threat to our democracy"?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2010545 04/05/23 10:55 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'll say it again.........this is political grandstanding to appease the masses. I am making no comment about his innocence or guilt. I do know what political grandstanding is, though. I think a large number of people recognize it for what it is.

I have a question or questions for you because I think you will give me an honest answer, unlike 888 and Pit. First some background.

I voted for Obama twice. I have never voted for Trump. Then again, I did not vote for Hillary or Biden, either. I think the choices by the two parties in the last two elections were not worthy of my vote.

Was Obama ever linked to obstruction of justice? If yes, was the media and political frenzy anywhere close to what is going on w/Trump's case?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Phrase or parse it any way you like. Insert the term politically motivated if you like. Or that it wouldn't be prosecuted if it weren't trump of that suits you better. Or as you stated it, "political grandstanding". They all mean basically the same thing.

Yet how does that change the fact that Michael Cohen was charged, convicted and sentenced to prison over the same incident? It doesn't.

You either hold trump accountable to the same standard as Michael Cohen was held to or think trump should have some special privilege that allows him to be held less accountable as someone else was by plastering a political label on it. You choose.

Attacking the messenger works fine for those who can't attack the message. Your post is a perfect example of it. Now go ahead and claim it's me trying to start a fight again.

#gmstrong
FATE #2010550 04/05/23 11:04 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'll use the hot-button keywords to ask you a question... Which one of these is "a threat to our democracy"?

Comment on the circus all you like. Comments on the circus as a deflection from talking about the facts of the case aren't cool though - imo.

Prosecute each to the full extent of the law. It's not hard. I don't know all the facts in the Hilary 'dossier' case. I do know that the dossier/investigation was initiated by others connected with the GOP before Hilary took over. Neither or Both are a threat to Democracy if neither or one or both are not prosecuted and dealt with by a court of law.

As for the circus. It's famous people - Gwyneth Paltrow court case was 'hot news' for a week because she's famous. Trump is hot news because he fans the flames himself and because he is "President Trump" . Anthony Weiner was Hot News because of his position. Nancy Pelosi's husband's DUI was hot news because of who he is. . . . The circus shouldn't deflect from what they did and for them to be held accountable.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Was Obama ever linked to obstruction of justice? If yes, was the media and political frenzy anywhere close to what is going on w/Trump's case?

LMAO. Obama wore a beige suit and it was front page news. Obama bowed to a foreign dignitary as was customary and he got vilified for it ... Trump did the same thing a number of years later and nothing ...

As for Obama and obstruction of justice - don't be lazy or rely on others. Search yourself, multiple sources. It's not hard.

mgh888 #2010556 04/05/23 11:17 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't ask you. You are not trustworthy.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So the assertion is that you are and others are not? Hmmmm.... I guess you are now the judge of trustworthiness. And you claim I'm the one deflecting. This is just another diversion tactic you use when not wishing to address any valid points that go against your narrative.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2010564 04/05/23 11:52 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am the judge of who I trust and do not trust. 888 has harassed and stalked me for years and spread far too many lies for me to ever trust him. I am not speaking for others in regards to who they trust. I asked a couple of questions and I do not trust either 888 or yourself to answer honestly. Simple as that.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Just because you don't like someone's answers doesn't mean those answers aren't honest. I've seen how you play this to avoid addressing anything that goes against your narrative. I asked you several questions about how you would implement your proposals on mental health in schools. Who would have the say in decisions surrounding your proposal and you claimed I misunderstood what you were saying to avoid it.

It would be nice to see you honestly engage in such discussions rather than dismiss those you have a personal conflict with. Because that automatically excludes almost everyone who has a different viewpoint than yourself. I'm not trying to be mean or fight with you. It just seems that an active dialogue and discussion can only be accomplished by actively engaging with those who have a different perspective than yourself. Otherwise it's just sitting in a circle singing Kumbaya without any actual discussion at all. If all one does is dsimiss everyone who disagrees with them then what's the point?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2010573 04/05/23 12:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
anyone know what the actual charges are yet?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Arrested

Link Copied to Clipboard