Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Least watched National Championship game of all time. Early rounds the ratings were up but the rating dropped late. College Basketball has a problem when two mid major programs are competing for the National Championship. Everyone bashes College Football for hand picking their final four, but they get it. Power 5 Conference Teams bring large fanbases and drive TV ratings.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
I watched the first half... but once UConn poured it on there was no reason to watch... similar with final four... the SDS and FAU game was great... watched all of that... turned off the UConn game in the first...

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #2010827 04/07/23 11:19 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jaybird
classy response... I sort of get where Dr. Jill was coming from, but appreciate Clark's response... winner should be invited... period...

LSU’s Angel Reese says her team won’t go to the White House but school’s athletic department says it will accept invite

Louisiana State University star Angel Reese says that neither she, nor her team, would be visiting the White House after the Tigers defeated the University of Iowa Hawkeyes 102-85 to win their first NCAA women’s basketball national championship.

Traditionally, the national champions would be invited to the White House. But after comments from first lady Jill Biden suggesting that Iowa be invited as well before appearing to walk that back, Reese told “I AM ATHLETE” podcast hosts Brandon Marshall and Ashley Nicole Moss: “I don’t accept the apology because you said what you said … You can’t go back on certain things that you say … They can have that spotlight. We’ll go to the Obamas.’ We’ll go see Michelle. We’ll see Barack.”

Reese, who was named the women’s tournament Most Outstanding Player as a result of her standout performances, also said separately: “I just know if the roles were reversed, they wouldn’t be the same. If we were to lose, we would not be getting invited to the White House.”

But Wednesday, the school’s athletics department said they would “certainly accept an invitation.”

Speaking on Monday, Biden congratulated both teams on their performance in Sunday’s national championship game, as well as specifically highlighting Iowa’s sportsmanship.

“Last night, I attended the NCAA women’s basketball championship,” said Biden, while speaking at an event at the Colorado State Capitol in Denver.

“So I know we’ll have the champions come to the White House, we always do. So, we hope LSU will come but, you know, I’m going to tell Joe [Biden] I think Iowa should come, too, because they played such a good game.”

Reese, a 20-year-old forward, responded to Biden’s comments, calling them “A JOKE” on Monday, and on an Instagram post from “The Shade Room,” the recently crowned NCAA champion commented: “WE NOT COMING. period.”

By Tuesday, Biden appeared to walk back the comments, with first lady press secretary Vanessa Valdivia saying in a tweet that they “were intended to applaud the historic game and all women athletes. She looks forward to celebrating the LSU Tigers on their championship win at the White House.”

President Biden had previously said that LSU would be invited to the White House, along with NCAA men’s champions, the University of Connecticut.

Reese’s teammate Alex Morris took to Twitter to ask Michelle Obama whether her team could celebrate their win at their house, after Barack tweeted his congratulations to the team.
After LSU’s victory on Sunday, head coach Kim Mulkey said she would go to the White House if the team was invited.

A spokesperson for the Obamas declined to comment.

Meanwhile, Iowa’s Caitlin Clark said Tuesday that Iowa shouldn’t be invited to White House.

“I don’t think runner-ups usually go to the White House. I think LSU should enjoy that moment for them and congratulations, obviously, they deserve to go there. Maybe I could go to the White House on different terms though,” Clark said. “That’s for LSU. That’s a pretty cool moment and they should enjoy every single second of being a champion.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/05/sport/angel-reese-white-house-jill-biden-intl-spt/index.html

rolleyes

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2010831 04/07/23 11:30 AM
Legend
Legend
Dayum, what a cocky little twit. Making decisions for her team without their consent. I had no problem with her hand gestures, but she's going off the rails. I don't like the Bidens at all, but I don't think Jill had any ill intent warraning that kind of disrespect. She's just an elderly first lady that tried to be nice.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: FATE, PitDAWG
jfanent #2010835 04/07/23 11:50 AM
Legend
Legend
Yep. Could have typed that myself. People go out of their way to get angry over some of the dumbest crap.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
jfanent #2010865 04/07/23 04:12 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Well said.

jfanent #2010986 04/08/23 10:34 PM
Legend
Legend
Well said... completely agree... while I disagree with Dr. Jill inviting Iowa, I think Angel is making way too big of a deal out of this... but honestly, I think they were looking for things to be angry about through the tourney which carried them to the championship...

I guess I understand wanting to stand up for what you believe in... but damn... you've worked your whole life to win the championship and part of that means you get to go to the White House... personally, if I was that mad I'd still go to the White House just to be able to tell Dr. Jill how dumb it was to invite Iowa smile

Cam out yesterday that she'll go with her teammates... which is the right move... again, she can use that opportunity to talk to the Bidens and Jill about her thoughts... what an opportunity...

I honestly don't have any big issue with Angel other than I think she took the taunting a little too far.. Have no problem with the hand gestures.... but stalking Clark on the court and circling back to taunt her again was probably over the line...

but hats off to them... they won a heck of a game...

<><

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum March Madness

Link Copied to Clipboard