Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2013821 05/01/23 09:27 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well the draft is over. I wonder who the posters on the Board believe will end up being the best player in this year's draft.

You have to project at least five years because some will not play much early on.

Of course history tells us that who ends up as the best does not always come from the first round.

Anthony Richardson has all the potential from a pure athletic point of view. He may be have the most athletic ability we have ever seen at the position. He forced 39 missed tackles in 2022. We thought Lamar was scary. This guy is bigger and really scary.

However, as much as we know about his potential. My pick is Bryce Young. The first player selected which in itself can be the kiss of death.

When you watch his tape. This guy demonstrates that he has that unique ability to slow the game down. He can make chicken soup out of chicken ****.

IMO he is one of the few college qb's coming out that can start day one. The NFL is about being able to see the game as it unfolds and react inside of that and make plays. Young's tape shows him doing just that. Aaron Rodgers does that. They don't panic. They find a way to deliver the ball accurately to the right guy on time. They can throw guys open. They have the athletic ability to escape the rush and continue the play.

With quarterbacks it is important to be drafted to a team who knows quarterbacks. Frank Reich is the right guy for a player like Young.

So Young is my pick. Curious about how others feel.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Jalen Carter is my guess.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Jalen Carter. I think he was the best player in the draft. I think he will be the best pro when it's all said and done. The only hesitation is his late "character concerns." Collegiate QBs are hard to project in the NFL. Young is talented, but small. Injuries could be a concern. Stroud is the best passer, but Houston has been a terrible franchise. Richardson is a freak, but has very little experience and did not put up good numbers in college.

Carter is an excellent athlete. He also played basketball. He is very strong. He was a competitive weightlifter and benched 395 lbs. His motor is off the charts. He has a mean streak. His pass rushing skills are off the charts. He can bull rush, he can get low, he has good hips and changes directions quickly. He explodes out of his stance. Carter was the best player on Georgia's defense and that includes when Jordan Davis and others were still there. He's going to a good team in Philly and has his fellow Dawgs around him. It's been said that Jacobi Dean is a good influence on him.

I think he will dominate for a long time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would have not picked Bryce Young first overall. I am concerned about injuries from a QB that plays at 185-190...

He was hurt last year as well if I recall.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season NFL Draft 2023 The Best in the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard