Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I feel like Pittsburgh will go as far as Watt takes them. He’s such an MVP for their team

I agree. The Steelers were night and day different with Watt on the field and when he was out. Would it not be fair to expect the same from Myles Garrett? With an improved line around him if he were to turn in an MVP type season, I would think this team rises to another level. I believe that Watson and the Browns offense is better than the Steelers. If Garrett can match Watt in an MVP performance, there is no reason the Browns should not be better than the Steelers. Then if Garrett has an MVP season, I would think our defense will be better than both the Ravens and Bengals defenses. The Watson and the offense just need to be comparable to both Burrow and Lamar. If that happens, I think the Browns will win the division. While I expect Watson to be better and lead the offense Myles Garrett is our best player and he should be able if healthy to have an MVP type season.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Is winning the goal?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I fear that some are expecting a "Superman" performance out of Watson and anything less bolsters their feeling.

We need the guy to be good. We don't need him to be the best of all-time. He needs to be good.

You don't pay a 230 million dollar guaranteed contract for "good". Superman? No, just as good as he was before he quit on his team in Houston.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
True, he need to exceed or equal his years at Houston....I think he can. Time will tell.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by hitt
True, he need to exceed or equal his years at Houston....I think he can. Time will tell.

That would be about 4,400 yards with 29 TD's and a 105 QB rating at a minimum. Considering the Cleveland Browns haven't been on the plus side of point differential since 2007 and only three total times since 1990 (30 years), anything less would be a hard disappointment.

During Stefanski's rein (3-years), the Browns have averaged 22.67 points per game. The average of the top 5 scoring teams each season over the last 3-years is 29.18 points per game. That would mean a Stefanski led offense quarterbacked by Watson will need to generate about 111 more points this season than previously produced to be a top 5 scoring offense. For those who care, that's a 28.7% increase in scoring this coming season compared to the average of the last 3 seasons. Good Watson doesn't pull that off but a Top 5/230M Watson producing at an elite level has a chance. JMHO

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I don't care how many pts they score- W's are what counts. With upgrades in receiving guys AND best running back in NFL- I'd be surprised if we don't win at least 10 or more- get in dance and anything can happen....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by steve0255

That would be about 4,400 yards with 29 TD's and a 105 QB rating at a minimum. Considering the Cleveland Browns haven't been on the plus side of point differential since 2007 and only three total times since 1990 (30 years), anything less would be a hard disappointment.

During Stefanski's rein (3-years), the Browns have averaged 22.67 points per game. The average of the top 5 scoring teams each season over the last 3-years is 29.18 points per game. That would mean a Stefanski led offense quarterbacked by Watson will need to generate about 111 more points this season than previously produced to be a top 5 scoring offense. For those who care, that's a 28.7% increase in scoring this coming season compared to the average of the last 3 seasons. Good Watson doesn't pull that off but a Top 5/230M Watson producing at an elite level has a chance. JMHO
Kevin Stefanski has profoundly stated, oh' " they aren't losing games b/c they don't take field goals at the end of first halfs' "............. and settle for whiffing on a TD try which = 0.

I can't believe K. S. still believes that. ^

They are never going to get those extra eleven points if the coach cannot accept a field goal when the opportunity presents itself.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I don't care how many pts they score- W's are what counts. With upgrades in receiving guys AND best running back in NFL- I'd be surprised if we don't win at least 10 or more- get in dance and anything can happen....GO Browns!!!!

Wishful thinking but 'W's" only occur by outscoring the other teams. Considering the Browns haven't been on the plus side of point differential since 2007 and only three total times since 1990 (30 years), the Browns record(s) over that time period would negate your synopsis. The upgrades at receiver are purely based on hopeful potential and not on past production results considering 4 of the top 6 haven't even had over 550 yards in a season - (Moore - never, Bell - never, Tillman - rookie, and Goodwin - not since 2017). So, the supposed upgrades at WR are potential that's not really based on any facts or stats (and that's ok because the Browns needed to do something). No argument on Chubb except for the fact that NFL trends would say that at 14.85M this year and 16.2M next, Chubb is overpriced for today's market. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints about what Chubb has done for the Browns, but trends are trends for a reason and not sure how long the Browns can continue to be so far outside the box on RB pay with the cap hits that are coming. With a 25% drop in running plays predicted, is the money being well spent? I don't know.

Like it or not, you have to score to post a winning record and the Browns need about another 111 points just to be competitive in the AFC North before even considering winning the North. That's not being negative, it's just an opinion based on statistical facts rather than potentials. There are 32 teams hoping their potential will lead them to the promise land but statistically only about 6-8 that will actually demonstrate that potential to have a chance - here's hoping the Browns are one of those 6-8 teams.

Legend
Legend
"That's not being negative?"

"Considering the Browns haven't been on the plus side of point differential since 2007 and only three total times since 1990 (30 years), the Browns record(s) over that time period would negate your synopsis. "

And that has what to do with today? But noooooo your not negative.

"No argument on Chubb except for the fact that NFL trends would say that at 14.85M this year and 16.2M next, Chubb is overpriced for today's market."

Sure that is not negative?

Well here is a positive. Without your positivity I guess nothing else is happening.

I can count on you steve for always digging up something to be so very positive about.

But here is hoping we win a few games.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Any time anybody brings up anything factual you automatically jump on it as being negative.

And that has what to do with today?

Answer: The Browns will have to score more points to be successful!

"No argument on Chubb except for the fact that NFL trends would say that at 14.85M this year and 16.2M next, Chubb is overpriced for today's market."

Sure that is not negative?

Answer: Cook and Elliot cut - Sanders traded - Jacobs, Pollard, Barkley, Singletary and Eckler no new deals from their clubs - Aaron Jones took a pay cut.
All facts and will have a bearing on Chubb.

Those are not negatives fish, those are just the facts that the Browns must face.

Legend
Legend
Today is what counts not 1990 and 2007.

Chubb is on the team. He is not going to be cut or going to be traded.

This is the very beginning of the 2023 season. The team is probably pretty close to being set.

The receiving room looks pretty good. All indications are that Moore and DW should work well together.

This should be the time of year even if you are the worst team. You can feel good about something.

You will have all season to moan as every obstacle arises and the team goes through ups and downs.

You can bitch about salary cap and KS save your breath. Pace yourself.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Don't state any negative facts. You're no longer allowed to have any opinion or post anything that doesn't include sunshine and roses. We are all supposed to be holding hands and singing Kumbaya. I'm surprised you didn't get the memo.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The big brother comes.

Join hands with steve and moan. Dig up obscure irrelevant garbage to bitch about and somehow believe you are making a point. Or, in your case winning an argument.

I love lollipops with my roses. thank you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for making my point.

Message boards are designed to be for healthy debate. Not a one sided rah, rah holding hands sing along. That's the very purpose of their existence. I'm sorry that concept escapes you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It doesn't escape me.

Neither does snide remarks and innuendo which is your calling card.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Wishful thinking but 'W's" only occur by outscoring the other teams. Considering the Browns haven't been on the plus side of point differential since 2007 and only three total times since 1990 (30 years), the Browns record(s) over that time period would negate your synopsis. The upgrades at receiver are purely based on hopeful potential and not on past production results considering 4 of the top 6 haven't even had over 550 yards in a season - (Moore - never, Bell - never, Tillman - rookie, and Goodwin - not since 2017). So, the supposed upgrades at WR are potential that's not really based on any facts or stats (and that's ok because the Browns needed to do something). No argument on Chubb except for the fact that NFL trends would say that at 14.85M this year and 16.2M next, Chubb is overpriced for today's market. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints about what Chubb has done for the Browns, but trends are trends for a reason and not sure how long the Browns can continue to be so far outside the box on RB pay with the cap hits that are coming. With a 25% drop in running plays predicted, is the money being well spent? I don't know.

Like it or not, you have to score to post a winning record and the Browns need about another 111 points just to be competitive in the AFC North before even considering winning the North. That's not being negative, it's just an opinion based on statistical facts rather than potentials. There are 32 teams hoping their potential will lead them to the promise land but statistically only about 6-8 that will actually demonstrate that potential to have a chance - here's hoping the Browns are one of those 6-8 teams.

True, you do have to score more points so we have to score more than the other guy.

Limiting points scored against is a real stat which also contributes to a teams ability to win.

In theory a D could register a safety and win the game....so it isn't all about points scored by the O.

If the D gives up 17 points, we should win games and can look at the O if we don't. If we give up 27 and don't win, it is maybe a little of both. Every game and team is different so it is hard to put a number on things but if we score 24-27 points it will be hard to say the O faltered.

Losing games isn't all on the O, no matter what your agenda might say.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Okay, you win. Nobody is ever allowed to say anything negative ever again on Dawgtalkers. Only sunshine and roses are allowed moving forward.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Thanks for making my point.

Message boards are designed to be for healthy debate. Not a one sided rah, rah holding hands sing along. That's the very purpose of their existence. I'm sorry that concept escapes you.

Healthy is the operative word.

Too many are just piss and vinegar.,,,hint, hint.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Accuracy is frowned upon. I get it.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
2 decades of constant non playoff appearances can really
Affect the psyche of a fanbase.
The Browns have their most talented roster since the return.
But what Is missing from this team? That keeps from achieving?
Why can't it win the North ?
I think the Browns finish 9 and 8.
The AFC is so loaded. Alot of good teams won't
Make the playoffs. It happens every year.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Like it or not, you have to score to post a winning record and the Browns need about another 111 points just to be competitive in the AFC North before even considering winning the North. That's not being negative, it's just an opinion based on statistical facts rather than potentials.

There are 32 teams hoping their potential will lead them to the promise land but statistically only about 6-8 that will actually demonstrate that potential to have a chance - here's hoping the Browns are one of those 6-8 teams.

AFC North records last year
Cincy 12-4
Balt 10-7
Pitt 9-8
Cle 7-10

AFC North scoring offense per
Cincy 26.1
Cle 21.2
Balt 20.6
Pitt 18.1

Stats

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
The big brother comes.

Join hands with steve and moan. Dig up obscure irrelevant garbage to bitch about and somehow believe you are making a point. Or, in your case winning an argument.

I love lollipops with my roses. thank you.

Here's an article you can read that details some of what I was talking about. Nothing negative at all, just a fact about what is occurring in the NFL and could most certainly hit the Browns sooner than later. I was under the impression that this is a forum for the exchange of thoughts and ideas - you obviously don't believe that or just want to ignore the facts right in front of you. I didn't make this stuff up - it's actually happening and a newsworthy item for discussion on this forum IMHO.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...aa0c&ET_CID=282956&ET_RID=713506

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
And yet, every one of those teams in the AFC North had a better record than the Browns. The Browns were still 111 points away from the top 5 offenses in the NFL last year. If we have a top 5 elite QB that we invested in, then the expectation is that we get top 5 scoring offense. If we don't, then why the huge investment if the wins are not there? BAL and PIT were not top 5 in offense scoring yet they still finished better than the Browns. I'll go out on a limb here and guarantee that if the Browns only score 21.7 points per game in 2023 that they absolutely will not make the playoffs.

Legend
Legend
Chubb is the best back in football.

He is a large piece of the offense. A necessary large piece.

It is about this year. That is what I care about. I totally understand the economics of the position. However, every case is different.

Exchange of thoughts is all good.

My thoughts are about the 2023 Browns and how they will play this season. I am glad I am a half full guy. I like believing in my team.

If I see things I disagree with I point them out. I was very clear about the failure last season to invest in the DL. I stated point blank that Berry misplayed that.

However, I also see the good that has been done this off season. Berry has done a good job addressing areas of need with the limitations of the cap.

Clearly, the season rides on DW. But, there is plenty to like about where the team is now.

My biggest area of concern and I stated before is: OT.

The tackles are average and vulnerable to injury. The depth is untried and appears weak. If injury hits Wills and or Conklin. It will be a problem.

Conklin was a very good RT. A patella tear is serious. Him coming back all the way is questionable. And he may be subject to re-injury. Wills is average at best. But, he is young and could improve. Overall the tackle position is concerning.

The rest of the team looks good and has some depth. I like Jim Schwartz. He will make a difference. I believe the offense will score points and be in the top ten or better. Moore will prove to be a huge add. I feel good about the receivers and the team offensively.

Defense I will need to see but I like what has been done.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Don't state any negative facts. You're no longer allowed to have any opinion or post anything that doesn't include sunshine and roses. We are all supposed to be holding hands and singing Kumbaya. I'm surprised you didn't get the memo.
Roses Stink

Kumbaya is an Undefineable subjective state of mind.

hello? Sunburn??? Sunburn? wink

prediction? The Browns need to , " Win Won soon."

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum EARLY - Win/Loss Predictions for all 32 Teams

Link Copied to Clipboard