Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then please explain how the mind set is different? Of course when posed with that question you really can't. The attitude then was to sit back and do nothing because, "That's their problem". The exact same thing you're saying now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's gotta be "Hitler" or "Trump" within any three posts. No matter what the subject.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see you're joining in with something that is a twist on the truth at best. The fact is when Hitler is brought up most often times it's about comparing trump to Hitler. That is nothing close to what is being done here. If anything it's comparing the mind set that we should simply abstain from anything that impacts our allies or global stability on a military basis.

It was so bad at the beginning of WW2 that FDR was forbidden from "giving" military aid to our European allies. The only way he could get around that was to exchange that military aid as loans. When dictators and authoritarian powers are left unchecked the consequences can be devastating. But I can see why you may be trying to deflect away from that point.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Just an article here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/inflation-weighing-americans-trust-trump-210111551.html

USA Today headline: Inflation is weighing down Americans. Many trust Trump, more than Biden, to fix it

Read the article and ignore the references to trump.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you mean that inflation hurts people's budgets? How did you ever figure that one out?

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
donny will give another round of tax breaks to our corporate overlords. Then wonder, again, why they don’t use it to build more factories, etc. My guess is cutting SS and Medicare would be next on the Republican’s agenda if donny was back in the oval.

But hey, let’s give the criminal another chance.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm quite sure he hopes this is one part of the article he himself sourced he is hoping people overlook.....

"according to the Consumer Price Index, is down to 3.7% from a 40-year high of 9.1% in June 2022."

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
donny will give another round of tax breaks to our corporate overlords. Then wonder, again, why they don’t use it to build more factories, etc. My guess is cutting SS and Medicare would be next on the Republican’s agenda if donny was back in the oval.

I like your ideas!!! The rich are not the problem in this country right now. It is those that don't work and don't want to work that are the problem. Cut the money supply off to them and get the work force back in full force. I don't want my taxes raised. I hate the government and begrudge every penny they take from me. If they only took $ for the important stuff like building a strong military, fire departments, police departments, and rescue squads I would not mind. Deadbeats should not get our money!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, inflation isn't touching you? Got it. For regular Americans, it absolutely is. It's neat that you're special.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
So, inflation isn't touching you? Got it. For regular Americans, it absolutely is. It's neat that you're special.

I'm not special. The only people who don't feel a dramatic impact are those of much wealth.

But let me repeat from your own source. The inflation rate is down by almost two thirds since last June. I'm sure that something you won't be giving Biden any credit for.

"according to the Consumer Price Index, is down to 3.7% from a 40-year high of 9.1% in June 2022."

But you just keep doing you.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Unemployment is down to 3.8%. Covid benefits have ended. Facts are something you don't seem to have much interest in.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Holy moly dude...you're full gone. I'm pretty fiscally conservative myself, but if you can't see the problem with the wealth gap and the oligopolies, anti-trust issues, and corporate lobbying, I don't know what to tell you.

I do find it amusing when people who have bible quotes about Jesus in their signature also proclaim "Deadbeats should not get our money!!!" Do you find it all interesting that the people who you say are not the problem are also the same people who would have more difficulty achieving salvation than a camel passing through the eye of a needle?

I actually do agree with the general notion that the Government should allow for free movement up and down the ladder, with certain guardrails in place. That is the ideal system to me. What we have had for quite some time now, and some other board conservatives on here agree with this as well, is a Government that has been controlled by the wealthy not allowing the wealthy the flow down the ladder and basically cut the rungs beneath them, so that nobody else can rise to their level. I think it was JFan who I was talking to when we both agreed that the bailouts and parachutes of 2008 were when the Republicans officially "lost" us. That was an exact embodiment of this notion.

That was initiated under Reagan, a man I used to revere. Now the mention of raising taxes is beaten down with a simple-minded call-back to the red scare of "Communism!" People forget that the dawn of American global power in the 1950's, an era many look back to as the strongest era for the middle class, had a top federal tax bracket of 91%.

That Eisenhower, what a communist he was...

I do think we have to get back to a merit-based economy, but that includes busting the trusts and the big money, while at the same time minimizing the "free-loader" strain.

Last edited by dawglover05; 09/14/23 03:56 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

I like your ideas!!! The rich are not the problem in this country right now. It is those that don't work and don't want to work that are the problem. Cut the money supply off to them and get the work force back in full force. I don't want my taxes raised. I hate the government and begrudge every penny they take from me. If they only took $ for the important stuff like building a strong military, fire departments, police departments, and rescue squads I would not mind. Deadbeats should not get our money!!!

You’re a caricature of a human… or a sly troll… either way… a typical, expected, response. Boring.

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I'm not special. The only people who don't feel a dramatic impact are those of much wealth.

But let me repeat from your own source. The inflation rate is down by almost two thirds since last June. .

Trump was President from Jan. 20 of 2017 to Jan. 20 of 2021 if memory serves me.

Look at this chart, then get back to me.
https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just remember, he is the same poster who ignores there are currently 91 indictments against trump and countless others against his cronies while claiming the only criminals he sees are democrats. He's been programmed beyond recognition.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So as predicted you're still ignoring it.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Just remember, he is the same poster who ignores there are currently 91 indictments against trump and countless others against his cronies while claiming the only criminals he sees are democrats. He's been programmed beyond recognition.

I don't ignore anything, larry. I even told you to ignore trump's name in the article. This isn't about trump. It's about facts that you apparently can't or more likely "won't" see.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry Curly, I see you're still sidestepping my point. I'm sorry you lack the ability to see how that is relative to what the content of his posts should be expected to sound like as of now and moving forward. Try a little harder next time.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
But let me repeat from your own source. The inflation rate is down by almost two thirds since last June. I'm sure that something you won't be giving Biden any credit for.

Why would anyone give him credit for bringing it down to only double, $13,000 per household later, when it was never his fault anyway?

Isn't that what you've been saying for over two years, none of this was his fault? Now you want everyone to give him credit when we still can't afford food or gasoline?

Thanks Joe, you're doing a great job!! rofl

Legend
Legend

I don't ignore anything, larry. I even told you to ignore trump's name in the article. This isn't about trump. It's about facts that you apparently can't or more likely "won't" see.

I think we're moving on to Trump again, Arch. When there are no answers and it all turns to sleight of hand, the sheep have been trained to just say "Trump!!".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
A lot of those on military disability can still work. And do. I know several.

You’re right. Military disability is graded on percentage of disability. And the disability must be service connected. And there are no restrictions like welfare on working, because any country worth it’s salt wants highly trained vets in the workforce. Are you jealous because their sacrifice gets them a monthly pittance? GOPers love to say we support the troops or our vets… But cry about everything done for them. Disgusting.

They do cry about everything including Healthcare for Vets.

Every Republican I know wants teachers/police/fire/military to get more money for the work they do. not less.

Then you know a unique group because the voting history of republican elected officials goes the other way... If people you know what them paid more, then you need to get new elected officials that actually do what you want them to do.

I see a lot of idiots out there thinking and saying that biden is at fault for inflation in America.

They are out of their minds. But if they are correct, how do they explain that every other country has worse inflation than us.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
I see a lot of IDIOTS that say............uh, it's happening everywhere. I see a lot of IDIOTS that say "uh, it's coming down." I see a LOT of IDIOTS that base every belief they have on "party".

Facts don't matter - party matters. IDIOTS.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Holy moly dude...you're full gone. I'm pretty fiscally conservative myself, but if you can't see the problem with the wealth gap and the oligopolies, anti-trust issues, and corporate lobbying, I don't know what to tell you.

I do find it amusing when people who have bible quotes about Jesus in their signature also proclaim "Deadbeats should not get our money!!!" Do you find it all interesting that the people who you say are not the problem are also the same people who would have more difficulty achieving salvation than a camel passing through the eye of a needle?

I actually do agree with the general notion that the Government should allow for free movement up and down the ladder, with certain guardrails in place. That is the ideal system to me. What we have had for quite some time now, and some other board conservatives on here agree with this as well, is a Government that has been controlled by the wealthy not allowing the wealthy the flow down the ladder and basically cut the rungs beneath them, so that nobody else can rise to their level. I think it was JFan who I was talking to when we both agreed that the bailouts and parachutes of 2008 were when the Republicans officially "lost" us. That was an exact embodiment of this notion.

That was initiated under Reagan, a man I used to revere. Now the mention of raising taxes is beaten down with a simple-minded call-back to the red scare of "Communism!" People forget that the dawn of American global power in the 1950's, an era many look back to as the strongest era for the middle class, had a top federal tax bracket of 91%.

That Eisenhower, what a communist he was...

I do think we have to get back to a merit-based economy, but that includes busting the trusts and the big money, while at the same time minimizing the "free-loader" strain.

Deadbeats are not poor people. Poor people are different. Deadbeats are healthy people that choose not to work. They are a drain on society. The Bible has harsher terms than I use for them. Says they are the same as an infidel. The Bible also says if you don't work, you don't eat. What a concept. That is motivation to get off your butt.

As far as rich men and the eye of the needle. There is not anything wrong with being rich. Jesus was wealthy. He supported 12 disciples and their families plus others on his journey. And 1 of them was a Democrat I mean a thief. Poor people could not have done that. His parable that He spoke was that rich people learn to love and trust their money/wealth more than him. That is why it is hard for them to find salvation.

The elitists in this world that are trying to form a one world government yes, they are evil. People that own businesses are not evil and it has been proven time and time again when they make more money it trickles down to the rest of society. If they lose money it causes inflation on the middle class and the poor. Rich people are not impacted because they will either cut labor to save money or raise the price of their goods.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
The rich are not the problem in this country right now.

Of course not their rich lol

It is those that don't work and don't want to work that are the problem. Cut the money supply off to them and get the work force back in full force. I don't want my taxes raised.

Ya some of us lazy bastids loved taking over a 100,000 a year pay cut just so we could go on SSDI

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I see a lot of IDIOTS that say............uh, it's happening everywhere. I see a lot of IDIOTS that say "uh, it's coming down." I see a LOT of IDIOTS that base every belief they have on "party".

Facts don't matter - party matters. IDIOTS.

So, what are you saying, that Biden is the reason for Inflation?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
No.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Do you have even a remote clue of how vital Ukraine is strategically? Do you know how much food they produce? Do you realize they are a democracy because we helped them get there? And you would abandon them to Putin, a would be Hitler? If you ever served, I doubt you’d feel like that. Trump can cower all he wants to Putin, but Putin is a pimple on the sphincter of the world, nothing more. His nukes MAY be a threat to the US, but that is the only threat he poses us.

And you’re right, we don’t need to be the world police, but we do need to stand against the bullies, dictators, and autocrats. Before Trump, republicans understood this. Preached this. Now everything they say is counter intuitive like they want to hand the world over to strongmen dictators and fascists. Your ilk needs some serious reflection time.

Do I know how vital Ukraine is? Sure... They produce a lot of gains etc for Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa and they have a technology sector there. Again... Europe/Aisa/Middle East/ Africa would have taken care of it if we didn't have to get involved. We could have waited to see what actually happened. Which, is basically not much of anything now.

Putin would never be a Hitler. He's a douche but, he would never get further than Ukraine. His military is already basically beaten and the result would have been the say if we stayed out of it.

A very large part of my family served. I did not.

Ukraine is not a democracy - they are semi-republic with a multi-party system wink

Are you also one of the people that said Putin would stop at Crimea?

You wanna see us "wasting money on Ukraine"? The $$ and equipment we're sending now is NOTHING compared to what it would be if Russia takes Ukraine, and that buffer is gone between NATO and Russia. Not to mention the impact on the world economy.

For a govt and military that is addicted to wasting money, how we're handling Ukraine is downright thrifty.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: dawglover05, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Either you blame him for causing inflation in which case you would have to give him credit for bringing it down by almost two thirds or neither of those are his fault. make up your mind.

Well, no, I guess he gets all the blame when it was 9.1% and now gets no credit for it being down to 3.8%. We all know how that goes.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see a lot of IDIOTS that say "uh, it's coming down."

It's gone from 9.1% to 3.8%. Maybe the IDIOTS are the people claiming that's not true.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Deadbeats are not poor people. Poor people are different. Deadbeats are healthy people that choose not to work. They are a drain on society. The Bible has harsher terms than I use for them. Says they are the same as an infidel.

The bible also says he who be without sin let he cast the first stone and judge ye not lest ye also be judged. But here you are doing exactly that what the bible tells you not to do while claiming to be standing on scripture.

As far as rich men and the eye of the needle. There is not anything wrong with being rich. Jesus was wealthy. He supported 12 disciples and their families plus others on his journey. And 1 of them was a Democrat I mean a thief. Poor people could not have done that. His parable that He spoke was that rich people learn to love and trust their money/wealth more than him. That is why it is hard for them to find salvation.

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom."

So now in all of your wisdom you are contradicting the word of Jesus Christ himself. How very Christian of you. So he got rich by being a carpenter before he started spreading the gospel? saywhat

The elitists in this world that are trying to form a one world government yes, they are evil.

notallthere

The wheels on the bus go round and round.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I do sometimes ponder on the irony of how the fundamental Christian right have become the modern-day Pharisees.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
2 members like this: GMdawg, PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Do you have even a remote clue of how vital Ukraine is strategically? Do you know how much food they produce? Do you realize they are a democracy because we helped them get there? And you would abandon them to Putin, a would be Hitler? If you ever served, I doubt you’d feel like that. Trump can cower all he wants to Putin, but Putin is a pimple on the sphincter of the world, nothing more. His nukes MAY be a threat to the US, but that is the only threat he poses us.

And you’re right, we don’t need to be the world police, but we do need to stand against the bullies, dictators, and autocrats. Before Trump, republicans understood this. Preached this. Now everything they say is counter intuitive like they want to hand the world over to strongmen dictators and fascists. Your ilk needs some serious reflection time.

Do I know how vital Ukraine is? Sure... They produce a lot of gains etc for Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa and they have a technology sector there. Again... Europe/Aisa/Middle East/ Africa would have taken care of it if we didn't have to get involved. We could have waited to see what actually happened. Which, is basically not much of anything now.

Putin would never be a Hitler. He's a douche but, he would never get further than Ukraine. His military is already basically beaten and the result would have been the say if we stayed out of it.

A very large part of my family served. I did not.

Ukraine is not a democracy - they are semi-republic with a multi-party system wink

Are you also one of the people that said Putin would stop at Crimea?

You wanna see us "wasting money on Ukraine"? The $$ and equipment we're sending now is NOTHING compared to what it would be if Russia takes Ukraine, and that buffer is gone between NATO and Russia. Not to mention the impact on the world economy.

For a govt and military that is addicted to wasting money, how we're handling Ukraine is downright thrifty.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't say he would stop at Crimea. Granted, that was 10 years ago.

USA population is 331 million. Asia and Europe have a population of about 5.5 billion. They can figure out their own problems and we should deal with our problems until it became apparent that they couldn't.

It's not a solid argument when you start by saying one thing isn't "as bad" as another. That's like saying Stevens-Johnson syndrome isn't as bad as getting the Marburg virus.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then let's state it in a dollars and cents way. What we are paying to help Ukraine weaken the Russian military is a fraction of what it would cost to help protect our allies if Russia took over Ukraine and was sitting on the border of our NATO allies. Not only that, it would do nothing to weaken Putin's military while it would serve to embolden them by sending a clear signal we will do nothing when they invade a democracy and threaten to march to the border of our allies.

You're promoting we embolden Putin and allow him to march right up to the border of our NATO allies undeterred. MRGA. Make Russia Great Again. A failed approach to Russia.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
We have obligations to Europe (and rightfully so, since it affects not only the global economy but war is right on our allies' doorsteps). Putin has shown that he won't stop (took Crimea and is trying to take the rest of Ukraine). This is just the latest example of what happens when you try to appease a dictator.

When something is that much worse than the other thing, and by doing the one you can prevent the worse, then that is a legit argument. We are able to arm Ukraine and not send our troops over there. We will not have the luxury if Ukraine were to fall and Putin decides to get greedy again.

I think it's pretty clear that they can't sort out their problems (that problem being Putin).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: dawglover05, PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/fed-rate-hikes-hit-americans-hard-5784468/

Americans are starting to feel the pinch of the Federal Reserve's rate hikes. It now costs the typical household 42 weeks of income to buy a new car, versus 33 weeks three years ago, says Moody's Analytics. And that same household probably can't afford a median-priced home, per the National Association of Realtors. The interest rate on a typical credit card rose to just over 20% in May, from 14.6% in Feb. 2022. Meanwhile, in an interview with the Times of India, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said that the Fed's benchmark interest rates could rise to 7%, causing "stress in the system."

At the same time, U.S. consumer confidence has dropped to a four-month low amid worries for the labor market and the wider economy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you mean when inflation rises as well as the interest rates that consumer confidence begins to wane? What brainiac figured that out?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
get ready for more pain....

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/us-job-growth-blows-past-forecasts-5501457/

US job growth blows past forecasts
By Cate Chapman, Editor at LinkedIn News
Updated 2 hours ago

The U.S. economy added 336,000 jobs in September — more than twice the number of new payrolls expected by economists — in a sign the labor market remains robust. The number follows an upwardly revised total of 227,000 for August. Last month's unemployment rate held steady at 3.8%, while wages rose an annual 4.2%, slightly less than expected, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported. Continued strength in job growth lifted expectations the Federal Reserve may increase interest rates further, hastening a possible downturn in growth.

The jobs report, a key economic gauge, was under heightened scrutiny amid a recent surge in borrowing costs.
U.S. bond yields climbed to around their highest since 2007 and stocks dropped immediately after the report in anticipation of a December interest rate rise.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Translation; Creating jobs bad. Something that might happen is even worse. Details at 11:00.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
If those were numbers under Trump you’d be celebrating them. FFS, stop it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Translation; Creating jobs bad. Something that might happen is even worse. Details at 11:00.

Meh. The numbers don't mean a whole lot by themselves. What kinds of jobs were added? Which wages rose? Low unemployment and most people having appropriate employment aren't necessarily the same thing. People have to work to eat even if it means both parents in a household having to work multiple minimum wage jobs. Having jobs by itself, doesn't make a healthy economy. Executives are happy to take incentives to add (menial) jobs if they can also increase profits and their performance bonuses.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Inflation accelerates in July

Link Copied to Clipboard