Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Buckeyes only streaming on Peacock brings pains for fans and businesses

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/buckeyes-only-streaming-on-peacock-brings-pains-for-fans-and-businesses/

Aggravated me to the "Umpteenth Power".....

I've seen every "televised" Ohio State game since the 60s/70s.

Certainly not gonna pay to watch a game on tv. You'd think they could "juice the sponsors" a tad more.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
well, I assume that the PSU/OSU will be televised at least

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quick sidenote......

I had a teacher in highschool that played for Woody Hayes.

Oh man oh man oh man.....the Woody Hayes stories!!!

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by TTTDawg
Quick sidenote......

I had a teacher in highschool that played for Woody Hayes.

Oh man oh man oh man.....the Woody Hayes stories!!!
thats gotta be some great ones! Similarly, I had a friend whose father played for Bob Knight ... haha umm, yes!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I do believe that was the only OSU game that was exclusively on peacock for this year.

P
Legend
Legend
P

At noon on FOX.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
thanks Pit

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

At noon on FOX.

I guess the only thing we have to worry about is them cutting away in the 4th Q because of a contractual obligation to Horse Racing.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

The triple crown races for 2023 are long since over. But there's always rodeo coverage to consider.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I didn't get to the see the game either. This is what I ended up watching after the game.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

At noon on FOX.

I guess the only thing we have to worry about is them cutting away in the 4th Q because of a contractual obligation to Horse Racing.

Amish Nascar?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

I'm curious which NFL teams will be in the hunt for Harbaugh in 2024.....

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
too bad!!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
10-6 near halftime ... both teams are similar IMO

T
Legend
Legend
T
This week the game is televised.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
James Franklin is a lousy coach. Great recruiter, but just not that good at anything else.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
PSU is just stuck in the mud ... good enough to be top 10 but never more

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Agreed D4L. And am I wrong but it seems like, across the board, the quality of play in college football isn’t as good as it was prior to NIL. I mean, would these Buckeyes, ranked 3rd, hold a candle to some of the other Buckeye teams that have been ranked 3rd at this point of the season? - It’ll be interesting to hear some thoughts on this notion.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
James Franklin is a lousy coach. Great recruiter, but just not that good at anything else.

Hard to argue against that. He’s a good guy, family man, good role model for his players.
However, I’m willing to bet that the Alumni would gladly welcome Urban or Sarkesian if it meant a Natty.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree .. Franklin just doesn't have it to make them a top tier program

And, like you said, OSU is not one of their better teams this year .. take away Marvin (especially today), and it's a pedestrian offense

1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
B
Legend
Legend
B
Good game by the Bucks. One thing that annoys me when watching a OSU game...there is no place to put a camera except on top of that stadium. It's like the camera view is from a half mile away.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
College football is all over the place. You had #5 needing a late pick 6 to beat a 1-win team. #6 beat a very pedestrian 3-3 team by 2 and both of these were at home. #6 beat another 3-3 team by 7. A previous 1 win team beat #10, in a home game for #10.

Everyone's unanimous Hisman guy has looked less than spectacular 2 of his last 3 games.

I don't know if NIL is the reason, but this many teams, especially in one weekend, that are supposedly this good should not have this happen.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. I am not all that happy about NIl, but it is what it is.

It reduces recruiting to a degree. If a kid has to redshirt and or sit a year behind the starter, they transfer out. It makes a good recruiting class a little less important.

If you have a good class but don't play the guy, he transfers. If you don't have a good class, sit back and grab the guy willing to transfer.

I really like college football. More than the NFL if I have to weigh it out. If it isn't the Browns, I have minimal interest. I will watch the Superbowl like anyone else. I am a Gator and SEC fan, but I can watch any good college football match-up. I enjoyed the Toledo, Miami match-up yesterday evening. It was a good game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
I mean, would these Buckeyes, ranked 3rd, hold a candle to some of the other Buckeye teams that have been ranked 3rd at this point of the season? - It’ll be interesting to hear some thoughts on this notion.

Quote from D4L
OSU is not one of their better teams this year .. take away Marvin (especially today), and it's a pedestrian offense

I just wanted to reply to these two specific sentences from Muni and D4L.

Yes, this team would hold a candle compared to the previous teams. One of the reasons you may feel they aren't is because our first year QB is going through growing pains. In the past x amount of years we have been getting spoiled with good to great QB play right out of the gate. Fields, Haskins, CJ (his first year was in rhythm by this point of the year) those were excellent QBs during their time here. McCord was a 5 star, he's shown flashes but also shown it's his first year starting.

What hasn't helped him, is we lost three offensive lineman (1st round pick Paris Jackson, a top 2 center in Wyler, and Thanos) to the draft this year. The teams running game has struggled due to injuries and also what I just mentioned; three new offensive line starters.

The team is loaded with talent. On the D-line: JT has first round potential, their two DTs are projected to be drafted mid-rounds, linebackers are solid, their CBs - Burke is projected for the first round, Daniel I - was a former frosh 1st team in the SEC. Their defense has shown to be one of top D's in the nation.

As for offense, we played yesterday without one of the top explosive RBs in the nation with Henderson (I wish he could stay healthy) and one of the top WRs in the nation Egbuka. Side note: think about that, we played yesterday's game against a top 10 team without three projected first or second rounders (Burke, Henderson, Egbuka). Even with them out, we still were playing with the top WR in the nation and one of the top 1-3 TEs in the nation with Stover.

The quote about being one of the betters this year: we are easily one of the top teams in the nation. We would be favored to win against anybody besides maybe a couple teams....and those games I would feel pretty confident about winning.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think another thing that has brought more parity to the college football season is the transfer rule change a couple of years ago where student/athletes no longer have to sit out a year when they transfer. You now have schools losing top past recruits who don't want to sit behind other players so it hurts the schools' depth at those positions and they now have to fill those spots a lot of the time with lesser talented athletes or with true freshman that may not have a complete grasp of what they are supposed to do. Unless the rules get changed again I think you will see more parity in college football than we've have in recent years.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Defense has been fantastic.... offense has been bipolar... . not sure if we'll win the big game this year.... we should be undefeated when we meet the team up north... but we'll see... lots of football left...

<><

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Whoever wins The Game this year is in the playoff.. don't think the other team can back into the playoff this year... unless calamity and Washington, FSU and Oklahoma all lose by the end of the season. Low Key cheering for the huskies out of those three as their football has been fun to watch.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, It appears that Washington and FSU are playoff bound and then the SEC/BIG winners ... my hope is that Michigan's off the field stuff becomes a bigger issue

M
Legend
Legend
M

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I wonder if they’d suspend the entire program at this point of the season or just Harbaugh. That’s crazy that they have video evidence of it - how could they prove that he was stealing signs as opposed to simply being 1/60,000 fans who have their phones out during the game.

Legend
Legend
This story is really getting some wheels. Now there's video of Stalions on the sidelines of the OSU game last year, standing next to the D coordinator when OSU had the ball, and giving signs to the team while holding some laminated papers once the Buckeyes were set. Then there's video of him standing next to the OC when MI had the ball doing the same thing. There's also pics of him standing next to Harbaugh. Stalions purchased 4 tickets to this years OSU/Penn St game....2 on each side facing the benches. There are plenty of other pics and videos on web now.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Former Division III coach claims Michigan's Connor Stalions paid him to record opponents' signs, per reports

The ex Division lll football coach was given money and a Michigan football ticket for his role

A former Division III football coach claims suspended Michigan offensive analyst Connor Stalions compensated him to record future Wolverine opponents in person, ESPN reports.

The coach, who withheld his name for privacy reasons, claims he attended three different Big Ten games (two at Penn State and one at Rutgers) over the last two seasons to record signals. The footage of the signs were shared to an iPhone photo album. He says he unaware if anyone other than Stalions accessed the footage. In addition to complimentary tickets, he claims he received "a couple hundred dollars" for his services.

"I didn't like it, but it's a gray line," he told ESPN. "You can call me naive, but no one is reading the bylaws. I'm not a contractual lawyer. ...I just felt like if you're not doing it, you're not trying to get ahead."

The university suspended Stalions after he bought tickets for more than 30 games at 12 of the possible 13 Big Ten stadiums and four tickets to games featuring out-of-conference College Football Playoff contenders over a three-year period, according to ESPN.

At issue is NCAA Bylaw 11.6.1: "Off-campus, in-person scouting of future opponents (in the same season) is prohibited." Sign-stealing itself is not technically against the rules unless it involves electronic equipment to record and inform players or coaches of signals during games. Teams are given access to a great deal of film in advance of matchups in order to scout the on-field football product.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has denied knowledge of any attempt to steal opponent signs and will cooperate with the NCAA investigation, he said in a statement. Harbaugh is already embroiled in a battle with the NCAA over separate Level II violations for which he is accused misleading investigators.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ZSb2cyULeZj5ex2zli6H01nxzio7ccGVHP3rrgkc

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
down goes Oklahoma

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
I wonder if they’d suspend the entire program at this point of the season or just Harbaugh. That’s crazy that they have video evidence of it - how could they prove that he was stealing signs as opposed to simply being 1/60,000 fans who have their phones out during the game.

my guess is we won't see any resolution until after this season...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
agreed ... Harbaugh could be gone by then too

Legend
Legend
Michigan football sign-stealing scandal: News updates as evidence mounts in alleged cheating investigation - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-in-alleged-cheating-investigation/live/

Report: Michigan rescinds Jim Harbaugh contract offer
With Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh turning the program around over the last couple of seasons -- and potentially on his way to yet another College Football Playoff berth -- the Wolverines have reportedly been in the middle of extensive talks with his representatives about a new contract that would make him the highest-paid coach in the Big Ten. It appears those talks are at least on hold for now, and certainly given the sign-stealing scandal that has enveloped the program, it's possible they are extinguished altogether.

Michigan has reportedly rescinded the contract extension it had on the table with Harbaugh, according to the Wall Street Journal. This is the first significant action the program has taken amid the ongoing investigation, which has already resulted in the NCAA arriving on campus to interview a variety of staff and personnel.

Harbaugh had his salary cut significantly after the 2020 campaign when Michigan finished 2-4 and lost to Ohio State for the sixth straight season under Harbaugh. However, he turned the Wolverines' fortunes in 2021 and saw his salary subsequently increase at the start of what has been a 2.5-year run of success for Michigan. Now, it appears that a substantial raise is on hold -- and questions about Harbaugh's long-term employment with the Wolverines will continue amid simultaneous NCAA investigations.

Adam Silverstein
Oct. 29, 2023, 7:52 pm EDT

11 hrs ago
Jim Harbaugh to the NFL? Not so fast
Amid an NCAA investigation into an alleged sign-stealing scheme at Michigan, the NFL is "unlikely to make itself a safe harbor" for embattled Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero. Harbaugh has become known for his flirtations with NFL head-coaching opportunities during his nine-year run with the Wolverines, and it would be no surprise if he's of interest to professional franchises again this year as he guides the No. 2 Wolverines. Should he decide to take an NFL opportunity, Harbaugh could be required to serve "some or all" of a potential NCAA suspension, according to the report.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sounds like just the kind of guy the NFL will be trying to make even richer.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Buckeyes are #1 in the initial CFB rankings….Which mean nothing. Please don’t tell Michigan Twitter, they are losing their minds and I love it! lol

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ohio State Buckeyes

Link Copied to Clipboard