Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I didn’t see this yet so here goes. If it exists elsewhere go ahead and delete. Wanted to do this as a poll but don’t see how.

What’s you record prediction?
10-7 (this might be a very high parity year in the AFC meaning more teams closer to the mean)

Do we make the playoffs?
Yes

What seed?

How far do we go?
Division Round

I kinda love that literally no one has the browns higher than a wildcard loser. Bring it.

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 09/08/23 07:46 PM.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The hopeful prediction is the Super Bowl, of course. However, after 2 consecutive losing seasons and 18 of the same 22 starters from last year, I'm not sure there's a 4-5 game improvement there to make the playoffs.

8-9 (this is providing we have no significant injuries to key personnel)
JMHO, I think Watson will eventually get up to speed but most of his stats will be generated the same way they were in Houston in 2020 when the team was forced to pass all the time because they were always behind on the scoreboard thus negating the Chubb effect.

Do we make the playoffs?
No
What seed?
No seed - 4th place finish in AFC North

How far do we go?
The Browns will still be without a first-round pick in 2024 — the final year they won't have their own first-round pick as part of the Deshaun Watson trade with the Texans. Their fourth-round pick was also part of that deal, and they also sent their sixth-round pick to the Falcons in the deal that acquired LB Deion Jones during the 2022 season.

Tough sledding for a new HC out of the gate.

Literally no one has the Browns higher than a wildcard loser with most predicting a 4th place finish and no playoff berth. Until I see different on the field, I'll go with the experts.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
2nd String
2nd String
Doing this with my heart and not my head...

11-6

Do we make the playoffs?
Yes

What seed?

How far do we go?
Super Bowl WIN!!!!!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree for the most part. I see 8-10 wins, 4th place and missing the playoffs. Too many good teams in the AFC and we are in the toughest division in football. Everything has to break just right for us to do more than what I predicted and how often has that happened over the years? JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 09/09/23 09:04 AM.
Legend
Legend
9 & 8.

Playoffs? I don't think so but we shall see. fingerscrossed

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Cincinnati - LOSS
at Pittsburgh - LOSS
Tennessee - WIN
Baltimore - LOSS
San Francisco - LOSS
at Indianapolis - WIN
at Seattle - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
at Baltimore - LOSS
Pittsburgh - LOSS
at Denver - LOSS
at LA Rams - WIN
Jacksonville - LOSS
Chicago - WIN
at Houston - WIN
NY Jets - LOSS
at Cincinnati - LOSS

6-11 record ... but I think the Pittsburgh/Jacksonville home games can go either way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by steve0255
Literally no one has the Browns higher than a wildcard loser with most predicting a 4th place finish and no playoff berth. Until I see different on the field, I'll go with the experts.

Sadly year in and year out we see people on this board bash the national media saying they have no idea what they're talking about. That they just hate or hold some kind of bias against the Browns. That they don't follow and know this team the way a dedicated fan base does. And almost every year the national experts are closer to being right than most fans on this board. So there's that.

I'm torn between 9-8 and 10-7. I'm going with 10-7.

The playoffs? At 10-7 the Browns could back into them but that's more of a prayer than a prediction.

They will be seeded at either 6th or 7th in the AFC.

I don't think they make it out of the wildcard round.

That's as optimistic as I can get and even that took drinking some Kool Aid. Even though I'm hoping for more.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
8-9 or 9-8 .... with no playoffs.

We should be much better with Watson having a full off-season, and the defensive upgrades ..... but I do not trust Stefanski. We'll see.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
It will be slow going the first 4 games or so.

Imo, Watson doesn't need to play lights out all season. If the D can keep us in games going into the 4th quarter consistently, we'll have a shot in any of those games. Ward can't afford another concussion obviously, and JOK needs to bring something special. An attacking D and man coverage in the secondary can either go very wrong or very right.

We need no worse than 4-2 in the division.

If all the above goes well, and with an above-average amount of luck, we have a reasonable chance at 10-7 at best.

If not: 7-10 at best.

Mix in Pickett faltering and Burrows missing a game here or there, things may look slightly better. In this case, Wildcard may not be completely out of the question.

As goes the D, so goes the 2023 Browns.

Legend
Legend
in terms of the playoffs, I like:

1. Jacksonville
2. Buffalo
3. Kansas City
4. Cincinnati
5. LA Chargers
6. Pittsburgh
7. NY Jets

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
I hope they pound the other team into oblivion.
and uhh, do it without drawing any flags.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
Legend
Legend
17-0 regular season

Then we finish our perfect season by staying undefeated and winning the Siperbowl

Now hush up and let me keep dreaming.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: bugs
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
in terms of the playoffs, I like:

1. Jacksonville
2. Buffalo
3. Kansas City
4. Cincinnati
5. LA Chargers
6. Pittsburgh
7. NY Jets

I like the following:
AFC
1. Jacksonville
2. Buffalo
3. LA Chargers
4. Baltimore
5. Kansas City
6. Cincinnati
7. NY Jets/Miami/Tennessee/Pittsburgh - to be decided the final week of the season

NFC
1. Philadelphia
2. Detroit
3. San Francisco
4. New Orleans or Atlanta
5. Dallas
6. Minnesota
7. NY Giants/Seattle/Atlanta or New Orleans - to be decided the final week of season

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
NFC I would say:

1. San Francisco
2. Philadelphia
3. Detroit
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas
6. Seattle
7. Minnesota

T
Legend
Legend
T
Head Coach has never yet had the offense ready for the start of a year, in any year since he became the HC of the Browns.

You can Only win this game with your offense, your D can't win it. And that is how the NFL rules appear to want it.

The Browns O, is either prepared, which they don't look to be,
or they will be the reason this game is a loss, and about all of the losses all year.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
double post

Last edited by THROW LONG; 09/09/23 04:11 PM.

L
Legend
Legend
L
11-6, 3rd seed, Super Bowl parade in February.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Man a lot of people here thinking this team will stink. I don't see it. They won 7 games with a back up QB and a horrible defense. I think they win at least 10 games. The key will be division wins.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: lampdogg
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Not sure of the record, but I'm going with we win the AFC North and go to the playoffs. After that, anything can happen. fingerscrossed
Of course, this all hinges on Watson (and I'm bullish on him and Stefanski's ability to customize a playbook for him), but we also have a legit roster from top to bottom and I'm excited to see this defensive line and it's depth/rotation.

The AFC is going to eat itself up, and as much as people are talking about needing such a high win total to make the playoffs, I'm not sure that is the case, but we'll see. Obviously, that won't matter if we win the North, but if we don't, I think tiebreakers in the AFC will become extremely important. The Browns play 50% of their divisional games within the first month of play so, we'll get a good sense of where we stand in October. We also play the Titans which might have an impact on those tie breaker implications I mentioned. This is all before our bye week. Yikes!

Part of me wants to downgrade the Bengals quite a bit. I think their defense lost a lot in the secondary and their OL is wildly overrated. With an unknown Burrow recovery, Higgins possibly leaving in 2024 and being a distraction, plus I just hate their fickle and uneducated fan base, I'm giving them third.....even after a couple good years. Obviously, this is a bit biased while (poorly) attempting to be realistic.

Browns
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers

Chances of this AFC North order happening.....not great. Don't @ me when this all goes wrong.

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Oh if you’re wrong we’re gonna come at ya hard with the @. We’ll be atting you all off-season.

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Oh if you’re wrong we’re gonna come at ya hard with the @. We’ll be atting you all off-season.

I have no doubt.

Tackles are tackles.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by GMdawg
17-0 regular season

Then we finish our perfect season by staying undefeated and winning the Siperbowl

Now hush up and let me keep dreaming.

That sounds like a great dream, but I am pretty sure to dream that well I would have to be sleeping so deep I would probably pee the bed due to not being able to wake up.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Gonna be a fun ride, let’s get at it, beat the Kitties around. Football is back.

gmstrong

-----------------

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Chances of this AFC North order happening.....not great. Don't @ me when this all goes wrong.

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed tongue

Realistic me, this has the feel of 9-8 season. No playoffs. Heads roll.

Glass half-full me says 10-7. 3-3 in the division, 7-4 in non-divisional games, which appear to have some layup wins. Browns land 7th wild card seed due to tiebreaks and get bounced by the #2 seed in the Wild Card round. Haslam reluctantly brings Stefanski back for his 5th year on his contract which is in line with both Berry and DePodesta's contracts.

Hope I'm wrong and the Browns finally live up to their talent level and expectations.

E. 4th St. was littered with Bengals fans tonight.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by lampdogg
11-6, 3rd seed, Super Bowl parade in February.

I agree with lamp......except for the SB part. I think we get off to a slow start but finish very strong.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
All of this comes down to Deshaun. The Recievers are there. The Tight End is there, the Oline is there, The Running Back is there... the best version of the Stefanski defense is there. Myles and Za'darius should terrorize defenses. Think the other piece is if they can stay healthy. The Bye this year is in an unfortunate spot. That said the majority of the divisional games get cleared out early which might be helpful...

Looking at the schedule, there isn't a team here that I don't think the Browns can't beat. Every game is winnable.

Predicting wins is always such a crap shoot because so much can change during a season. Many teams go through full transformations by the end of the season. Can't really predict who wins what but I do think they go about 11-6, 10-7.

I also think they break the mold and they win this Sunday. The North is going to look rough All the teams are poised to do well. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire division ends up making it to the playoffs. or at least 3 out of 4.

Legend
Legend
That sounds like a great dream, but I am pretty sure to dream that well I would have to be sleeping so deep I would probably pee the bed due to not being able to wake up.

That's just how I did it laugh

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Imma gonna choose to be optimistic - even if Browns Syndrome is trying to prevent me from doing that - If DW is even 80-85% of the player Browns Fans on this board said he was, we can go 10-7.

Schwartz and the D give me enormous confidence - I just watched his full presser and there's not one thing I don't or didn't love about what and how he answered questions.

Playoffs and such - depend on injuries on our team and the other teams in the AFC North.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Me too. I think a bunch of people are under-selling the talent on this team, but I get it. The Browns have been loaded with talent plenty of times and failed miserably. The difference this year is Jim Schwartz and a much improved defense.

While playing in the AFC North means a tough ticket to the playoffs, we can get it done.

11-6 or 12-5. 4-2 in the North. A playoff game in Cleveland. A trip to the AFC title game, and hopefully not another heartbreak.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agreed. One of the biggest things is the Browns not shooting themselves in the foot and winning those “should’ve/could’ve games. Off the top of my head, we “should’ve” won…what, like 4 games last year. Examples the Jets game and the couple missed FGs.

If they can cut those games down to 1 maybe 2 that will go a long way to our chances.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
To me it comes down to what version of the OL we get all season. If the starters stay healthy and play like they have shown they are capable at their best, playoffs feel like the floor. That's a somewhat big if, though. Watson is a factor, too. But if the line is dominant, it'll make it easier for DW to be good as well.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
good point. We need Teller and Conklin to be good (and Wills to not be awful)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
AFC

Kansas City
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
Buffalo
LA Chargers
Cleveland
Miami

NFC

Philadelphia
San Francisco
Detroit
New Orleans
Dallas
Seattle
Green Bay

Super Bowl

Philly over KC

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
2nd String
2nd String
Anyone want to edit thier predictions?

This D is LEGIT!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Realistic me, this has the feel of 9-8 season. No playoffs. Heads roll.

Glass half-full me says 10-7. 3-3 in the division, 7-4 in non-divisional games, which appear to have some layup wins. Browns land 7th wild card seed due to tiebreaks and get bounced by the #2 seed in the Wild Card round. Haslam reluctantly brings Stefanski back for his 5th year on his contract which is in line with both Berry and DePodesta's contracts.

Hope I'm wrong and the Browns finally live up to their talent level and expectations.

E. 4th St. was littered with Bengals fans tonight.

Revised Prediction:

16-1. Browns lose final game of year as they choose to rest their starters before the playoffs!

Legend
Legend
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
well I'm 0-1

Legend
Legend
well I'm 0-1

And probably happier than anything

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg
well I'm 0-1

And probably happier than anything
happy is an understatement smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Regular Season Record Prediction + Playoffs

Link Copied to Clipboard