Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
well I'm 0-1

SSSHHHHH don't wake me up.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
well I'm 0-1

smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Realistic me, this has the feel of 9-8 season. No playoffs. Heads roll.

Glass half-full me says 10-7. 3-3 in the division, 7-4 in non-divisional games, which appear to have some layup wins. Browns land 7th wild card seed due to tiebreaks and get bounced by the #2 seed in the Wild Card round. Haslam reluctantly brings Stefanski back for his 5th year on his contract which is in line with both Berry and DePodesta's contracts.

Hope I'm wrong and the Browns finally live up to their talent level and expectations.

E. 4th St. was littered with Bengals fans tonight.

Revised Prediction:

16-1. Browns lose final game of year as they choose to rest their starters before the playoffs!

7-10. Revised again.

Legend
Legend
no Chubb and a bottom of the barrel QB? this will be a nightmare (continued)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
well I'm 0-1

OK who woke me up damn it.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
1-16

B
Legend
Legend
B
It's one game. Though I agree it has a chance to spiral downward.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
no Chubb and a bottom of the barrel QB? this will be a nightmare (continued)

already is

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Even if we somehow have a successful season, it will be bittersweet without Nick. This hurts to the core.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
Even if we somehow have a successful season, it will be bittersweet without Nick. This hurts to the core.

Personally, I have no other reasons to watch any games. He was the last enjoyable part for me, and like Joe Thomas, we've completely wasted his career. The fact that Joe still got a gold jacket DESPITE playing here is simply a further testament to just how great he truly was.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: Tackman, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
the season is already a failure. it started with the FIRST snap last night and effectively ended by midnight

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Personally, I have no other reasons to watch any games. He was the last enjoyable part for me, and like Joe Thomas, we've completely wasted his career. The fact that Joe still got a gold jacket DESPITE playing here is simply a further testament to just how great he truly was.

Probably should invoke the 24hr rule, but I'm seriously asking myself if I'm in that same boat.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Even if we somehow have a successful season

What would be your definition of successful at this juncture?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
unless Watson drastically improves, playoffs are out of the question. Not to mention trying to ever beat Mahomes, Allen, Dolphins offense, etc ... that's a tall task for a team with such a disjointed offense

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hmmm, spent the last 9 months getting blasted on this forum about Stefanski. How's that great play calling and QB Guru Stefanski's offense running 2 weeks into the 2023 season now?

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by steve0255
Hmmm, spent the last 9 months getting blasted on this forum about Stefanski. How's that great play calling and QB Guru Stefanski's offense running 2 weeks into the 2023 season now?

So now you have to moon us? poke

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O

This is a weird take, IMO. Watson played like trash, and there were open receivers out there (announcers called out at least 4 off the top of my head). Playcalling was pretty far down the list of issues, IMO (I'm not trying to argue that he's some sort of genius). Overall, it looked to me like execution was lacking.

KS isn't the QB coach. To my knowledge, he's never been considered a QB whisperer or anything like that. Now (again, IMO) if Baker can put up points vs the Eagles and continues to win in TB, then you're probably on to something.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE

No but you were rude, crude and just plain unpleasant towards the Stefanski questioners because of the opinion that Stefanski was a poor coach and his declining record over the last 2-years proved it. Now, with a revamped team and a top 5 Elite QB (LOL), he's led an offense through the first 2 games that's worse than we have even witnessed ove the last 3-years. Truthfully, even if Watson should get up to speed (highly unlikely in a Stefanski offense), Stefanski will find a way to screw it up - Bank on it.

I humbly apologize for mooning you or anyone else. We, the fans, got exactly what we wished for, a Stefanski led offense.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you can name a team we played with a D like the eagles you might be on to something as well.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pretending it's Stefanksi and not the QB seems to be a popular theme right now. It's not attractive.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

No but you were rude, crude and just plain unpleasant towards the Stefanski questioners because of the opinion that Stefanski was a poor coach and his declining record over the last 2-years proved it. Now, with a revamped team and a top 5 Elite QB (LOL), he's led an offense through the first 2 games that's worse than we have even witnessed ove the last 3-years. Truthfully, even if Watson should get up to speed (highly unlikely in a Stefanski offense), Stefanski will find a way to screw it up - Bank on it.

I humbly apologize for mooning you or anyone else. We, the fans, got exactly what we wished for, a Stefanski led offense.

Lighten up, Francis. First, it was a joke. Second, if you think I was rude and crude towards you, you need thicker skin. I'll just put you on ignore so I'm not tempted to risk your feelings again. Have a nice day.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Pretending it's Stefanksi and not the QB seems to be a popular theme right now. It's not attractive.

I'm not pretending nor am I giving Watson a pass. The OC (ooops HC), is calling the plays and needs to control the player. That didn't happen and it was evident on the field and the sidelines. On the other side of the ball, a second year QB (who also played bad) kept his cool enough to help get his team a victory allowing only 2 sacks from the faulted Browns defense.

I mean, a second year QB1 playing behind a suspect offensive line and playing against what some claim is one of the best defenses in football only allowed himself to be sacked twice. On the other hand, a 6th year Elite QB playing behind one of the best OL's in the NFL was sacked 6 times by a defense that surrendered 30 points and a QB Rating of 111.3 to a 2nd year player just a week earlier. Unfortunately, much like the 1/3/2022 game against PIT when Mayfield was sacked 9 times, Watson's 6 sacks in 2023 is just a harsh reminder of how Stefanski will keep calling the same plays with the same disastrous results no matter how many times his QB gets thumped. DEJUVU! Oh, just an FYI, Watson has been sacked 9 times in 2 games behind the best OL in football. PRICELESS!

P
Legend
Legend
P
You can't control a players mind. You can't control the fact that according to you, "one of the best OL's in the NFL" can't protect the QB. But then the HC can't make that same QB stop holding onto the ball which seemed like forever either. The coaching staff in Houston couldn't do any of that at the end of watson's time as their starter either. In both his situation in Houston as well as his time here there is one commonality and it isn't Stefanski.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
While all you say may be true, Stefanski hasn't shown any growth at all either. Discounting Stefanski (the HC) for his continued faults isn't right either.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Our so called top line got EXPOSED- not a single lineman was good/excellent- our center and both tackles got SMOKED. We brought in a passing QB, married him to a less than average pass blocking line- result, bad game for line and QB. Without Chubb our playoff push got real TIGHT. D played good, but TWO TDs given to Steelers caused the defeat. Sample size of TWO----on to next game. SKI better get his big boy pants on- cuz he could be looking for a job at end of this year.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted by hitt
... SKI better get his big boy pants on- cuz he could be looking for a job at end of this year.

Or sooner. One or two more games like we just watched and calls for Schwartz to take over are gonna get real loud.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by redddog
Originally Posted by hitt
... SKI better get his big boy pants on- cuz he could be looking for a job at end of this year.

Or sooner. One or two more games like we just watched and calls for Schwartz to take over are gonna get real loud.

I really hate to say this, but how each side of the ball comes out vs the Titans is going to say a bunch about the coaching/leadership on those sides of the ball.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
While all you say may be true, Stefanski hasn't shown any growth at all either. Discounting Stefanski (the HC) for his continued faults isn't right either.

Yet if the players had actually executed the plays it would be seen much differently.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: GMdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M

Glass half-full me says 10-7. 3-3 in the division, 7-4 in non-divisional games, which appear to have some layup wins. Browns land 7th wild card seed due to tiebreaks and get bounced by the #2 seed in the Wild Card round. Haslam reluctantly brings Stefanski back for his 5th year on his contract which is in line with both Berry and DePodesta's contracts.

Hope I'm wrong and the Browns finally live up to their talent level and expectations.

Revised Prediction:

16-1. Browns lose final game of year as they choose to rest their starters before the playoffs!

7-10. Revised again.

Triple revision prediction:

Legend
Legend

Revised Prediction:

7-10. Revised again.

Triple revision prediction:

They have already lost 1 ... that would give them 2 losses.

That would suck. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M
15-2!

I guess I really did put that Steelers game behind me.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
8m
Odds to win AFC North, per ESPN FPI
1. Ravens: 40.9%
2. Browns 35.2%
3. Steelers 15.5%
4. Bengals 8.3%
#Browns playoff odds: 70.8%

Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
8m
#Browns efficiency ranks
Offense: 23rd
Defense: 1st
Special teams: 3rd

M
Legend
Legend
M
Going back and reading some of these comments from last week.... saywhat saywhat

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
15-2!

I guess I really did put that Steelers game behind me.

I'll start getting excited if we avoid getting little-brothered again by Ravens.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
The defense looks like a new unit and as of yesterday the O looks like a new unit. As of right now the mind set of this team doesn't look like a team who will get little-brothered.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
that's how I feel too. At minimum we should at least be in games

Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
8m
#Browns efficiency ranks

Surprised our special teams are ranked so high after that abysmal punt return game last week.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I think we've had some nice punts, and the FG units have been good too .. the return game isn't great

Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
8m
#Browns efficiency ranks

Surprised our special teams are ranked so high after that abysmal punt return game last week.

Maybe those bad plays get watered down by a huge sample size. The NFL average is right around 4 punts per team per game -- we've forced 24 in three games.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Regular Season Record Prediction + Playoffs

Link Copied to Clipboard