Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Milk Man
15-2!

I guess I really did put that Steelers game behind me.

I'll start getting excited if we avoid getting little-brothered again by Ravens.

Yep. I'm not saying it's a must win, but we don't want to be half way thru the division schedule with a losing record.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
#Browns week 4 power rankings:

ESPN: 9th
B/R: 9th
NFL: 9th
USA Today: 8th
The Athletic: 13th
CBS Sports: 12th

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I’ll say it… the next 2 games tell us if we’re real or pretend. And it’s about consistency. We don’t have to win both but we need to take 1 and look legit in both. If we get blown out in one or both, we’re simply not real enough at present to go all the way and chances of becoming consistent later in the season are slim. If we lose both by less than 7, that bodes better to me than winning one and getting blown out in the other. I’m looking for consistent results. Either the “anomaly games” are the ones we don’t fall apart or the ones we do. Apart from remaining division games, the rest of the schedule is shaping up to be pretty easy. These next 2 games are cold hard sober reality. But they’re at home. This is a test we need to pass in order to really believe.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
R
Legend
Legend
R
I really want to go into the 9ers game 3-1.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Rishuz

And I'll add again...stack the rosters. The Browns are more talented than the Ravens. By a large margin. Just like the Steelers. Over the last several years we've done a good job of starting to split with the Ravens and Steelers. It's time to just expect to beat them and do it.

The coaches have the team grounded. Schwartz isn't going to let the defense act like they've done anything. Myles talked about it in his post game presser. Have to do it every week. I'm marking the Steeler game as a fluke. Go out and beat Baltimore at home.

Win. Games.

Now.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

And I'll add again...stack the rosters. The Browns are more talented than the Ravens. By a large margin. Just like the Steelers. Over the last several years we've done a good job of starting to split with the Ravens and Steelers. It's time to just expect to beat them and do it.

The coaches have the team grounded. Schwartz isn't going to let the defense act like they've done anything. Myles talked about it in his post game presser. Have to do it every week. I'm marking the Steeler game as a fluke. Go out and beat Baltimore at home.

Win. Games.

Now.

What worries me is that teams will copy the steelers model of just creating massive chaos and disruption and watch us fall apart. It’s the running from the grizzly principle: They don’t have to play great, they just have to make us play worse. Our main guys are rhythm and momentum players, if you blow them up, they struggle to get back on the horse. The whole key to beating us is never letting us get momentum or establish a rhythm. The Steelers are better at this than anyone historically. So, the test is, can we settle ourselves down and pull ourselves back together when (inevitably) we get punched in the mouth in these two upcoming games. If it starts slipping away, can we claw back. If we can’t, we won’t go far in the long run.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
edit: Holy misread the Tweet, Batman!

Last edited by oobernoober; 09/26/23 01:08 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Last year is stuck in your head.

If you look again, it's week 4 and week 10.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Welp, according to the ghosts of Browns football past, no matter how good we are we’ll go 4-2 in that stretch. Because: Browns. So we’ll need to be 6-4. That’ll put us at 10-6 and fighting for wildcard going into the last game. I predicted 10-7 and last wildcard seed so…

If we win the next 2 or win 1 and narrowly lose 1 and don’t have any significant injuries, this is a whole different season and all that goes out the window.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Welp, according to the ghosts of Browns football past, no matter how good we are we’ll go 4-2 in that stretch.

according to the ghosts of Browns football past, we could be 9-1 when we hit that stretch and still miss the playoffs.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Hilarious! Man, that require multiple viewings to pick up all the references

Legend
Legend
Baltimore, SF, Indy, SEA is a pretty tough stretch .. then the Baltimore/Pittsburgh back to back is tough. After that, not tough at all

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Welp, according to the ghosts of Browns football past, no matter how good we are we’ll go 4-2 in that stretch. Because: Browns. So we’ll need to be 6-4. That’ll put us at 10-6 and fighting for wildcard going into the last game. I predicted 10-7 and last wildcard seed so…

If we win the next 2 or win 1 and narrowly lose 1 and don’t have any significant injuries, this is a whole different season and all that goes out the window.

well, Conklin and Chubb are pretty significant.

If Conklin was healthy, something tells me Jones would be our starting LT.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Just try to get one win in the Baltimore home game this week.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Regular Season Record Prediction + Playoffs

Link Copied to Clipboard