Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, I mean being nitpicking. I would say aiming towards the back pylon and using Godwin’s speed to go get it. But i agree with your assessment. By how DW’s helmet turns it looks like his first look/glance was to someone to the far right then went deep.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask

I think the throw at Moore referenced was on purpose. Could he have gotten more yards if it was out front and he caught it? Yes, but no receiver was catching the ball away from his body all game.

Even the throw here... was it really that bad of a ball? Went right through the WR's hands. He could have put it where he did to give the WR a chance to use his body instead of trying to lead him.

And I'm not blaming Goodwin, either. It's physics. If the ball is heavier than normal, it's harder to catch. Force equals mass times acceleration. Increase the mass and that's a lot more force. There's a reason people don't try to catch cannonballs. Obviously, there is a different degree of mass involved there, but the principle remains.

I talked about muscle memory and the ball's weight earlier, but there could also have been a mental adjustment required if he's trying not to lead his receivers and rather trying to put it on them where they can use their bodies to catch it more.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
we've really done a good job of limiting Chubb's usage over his career ... he rarely eclipses into that 25+ carries and it's going to serve him well to extend his career

This. I think limiting carries in a game like that (likelihood of injury up and the game going your way) it's VERY smart to limit Chubb's carries. That's a perfect time to get Ford game action.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Yea, I mean being nitpicking. I would say aiming towards the back pylon and using Godwin’s speed to go get it. But i agree with your assessment. By how DW’s helmet turns it looks like his first look/glance was to someone to the far right then went deep.

It's easy to nitpick. They say the ball was heavier. I know if nothing else it was very foggy and misty, so that means heavy air. Anybody in here who is or has been good at playing golf knows that "heavy" air impacts your distances. You are going to lose distance. That 7 iron is going to get 8 iron carry. You need to hit the 6 iron.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Claiming the ball was heavier would mean that the ball would have to have absorbed water to increase its weight. We both know, as should most people, that's simply not true. The ball has a finish that prevents it from absorbing water and is often changed during the game. I think there is some merit to the air being heavy but as with any good golfer, as you mention, they know this and adjust accordingly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
we've really done a good job of limiting Chubb's usage over his career ... he rarely eclipses into that 25+ carries and it's going to serve him well to extend his career

This. I think limiting carries in a game like that (likelihood of injury up and the game going your way) it's VERY smart to limit Chubb's carries. That's a perfect time to get Ford game action.

I think we routinely say this every year about managing Chubb's carries but here are the last four years. I didn't put 2018 because he was a rookie and didn't start until Hyde was released.

2022-- 3rd in carries.
2021- 8th in carries
2020- 14th in carries
2019- 3rd in carries

Outside of 2020 (where he missed four games) he has been used quite a bit. Just combining 2019 and 2022....that's 600 carries. That's a ton.

That said, I'm not clamoring for a Chubb cut/trade or anything, although I doubt they want $16.2M to be on their 2024 cap. I think he might have two more elite seasons after this ( more like one IMO ) but there is some age to those legs.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
rofl

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Bengals 3 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard