Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
But hey, smoke that centrist ish all you want there PIT. But I’m done with your petty ass attack for today. So kick rocks.

It looks like you need to start writing a lot of letters to democratic senators and tell them they're "smoking that centrist ish". The majority of them are calling for Menendez to step down. Even some of the ones you have promoted. Until you know, they agree with me. Here is the list.......

Senators
Sen. John Fetterman (Pa.)

Fetterman was the first senator, from either party, to come out against Menendez. He released a brief statement Saturday.

“Senator Menendez should resign,” Fetterman said. “He’s entitled to the presumption of innocence under our system, but he is not entitled to continue to wield influence over national policy, especially given the serious and specific nature of the allegations.”

“I hope he chooses an honorable exit and focuses on his trial,” he added.

Sen. Sherrod Brown (Ohio)

Brown on Monday became the second Senate Democrat to call on Menendez to resign.

“Senator Menendez has broken the public trust and should resign from the U.S. Senate,” Brown said in a statement.
Sen. Peter Welch (Vt.)

Welch called for Menendez to resign from his position in a statement Monday evening.

“Senator Menendez is entitled to the presumption of innocence,” Welch wrote Monday in a post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. “But the people of New Jersey and the United States Senate are entitled to an effective Senator.”

“The shocking and specific allegations against Senator Menendez have wholly compromised his capacity to be that effective Senator,” Welch added. “I encourage Senator Menendez to resign.”
Sen. Tammy Baldwin (Wis.)

Baldwin was the first of multiple senators to issue statements calling for her Democratic colleague to resign Tuesday morning.

“The indictment spells out deeply troubling allegations against Senator Menendez that breach the American people’s trust and compromise his ability to effectively represent his constituents,” Baldwin said in a statement.

“While Senator Menendez enjoys the presumption of innocence until proven guilty and will have his day in court to defend himself, I believe it’s best for his constituents, the American people, and our national security for the Senator to step down.”
Sen. Jon Tester (Mont.)

Tester released a short statement soon after Baldwin Tuesday morning.

“I’ve read the detailed charges against Senator Menendez and find them deeply disturbing. While he deserves a fair trial like every other American, I believe Senator Menendez should resign for the sake of the public’s faith in the U.S. Senate,” he wrote.
Sen. Bob Casey (Pa.)

And Casey released a statement soon after that.

“Public service is a sacred trust,” he wrote. “The specific allegations set forth in the federal indictment indicate to me that Senator Menendez violated that trust repeatedly. While he is entitled to the presumption of innocence, serving in public office is a privilege that demands a higher standard of conduct. Senator Menendez should resign.”

Sen. Jacky Rosen (Nev.)

Rosen became the fourth senator Tuesday morning to call on Menendez to step down.

“The well-documented political corruption charges are a violation of the public trust, and Senator Menendez should resign,” she said in a statement. “While he is entitled to due process and a fair trial, this is a distraction that undermines the bipartisan work we need to do in the Senate for the American people.”

Sen. Mark Kelly (Ariz.)

In a statement Tuesday, Kelly called for Menendez to step down and called the allegations “serious and alarming.”

“Senator Menendez has the same constitutional rights and presumption of innocence as any other American,” Kelly said in a statement Tuesday. “However, serving as a U.S. Senator is a position of public trust. These are serious and alarming allegations of corruption and bribery involving his service in the United States Senate.

“That’s a breach of that trust and a burden I believe will prevent him from fully serving. He should resign,” Kelly added.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.)

Warren told the Boston Globe that it was time for Menendez to go.

“Yes,” she reportedly said when asked if Menendez should resign. “These are serious charges, and it’s time for Sen. Menendez to step away from the Senate and concentrate on his legal defense.”

Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.)

Longtime Menendez ally and friend Booker joined the list of senators Tuesday calling for him to resign, arguing that it was not an admission of guilt.

“As Senator Menendez prepares to mount his legal defense, he has stated that he will not resign. Senator Menendez fiercely asserts his innocence and it is therefore understandable that he believes stepping down is patently unfair,” Booker said. “But I believe this is a mistake.”

“Stepping down is not an admission of guilt but an acknowledgment that holding public office often demands tremendous sacrifices at great personal cost. Senator Menendez has made these sacrifices in the past to serve. And in this case he must do so again,” he continued. “I believe stepping down is best for those Senator Menendez has spent his life serving.”
Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.)

Markey was among a number of senators who started tweeting their calls for Menendez to resign later on Tuesday.

“The public’s trust has been broken. Senator Menendez should resign,” he wrote.
Sen. Michael Bennett (Colo.)

“As with all Americans, Senator Menendez must be presumed innocent until proven guilty, and will face his day in court. The nature of these charges erodes public trust in Congress. No one is entitled to serve in the U.S. Senate, and he should step aside,” Bennett tweeted.
Sen. Martin Heinrich (N.M.)

“The charges against Senator Menendez are serious and very troubling. While he deserves a fair trial, his constituents and our nation deserve a senator solely focused on delivering for the good of our country. Senator Menendez should step aside,” Heinrich wrote on X.
Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.)

“I urge Senator Menendez to resign. He is entitled to equal justice under the law just as every American is, but he is not entitled to a Senate seat,” Hassan wrote on X.
Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii)

“As Senators, we serve in positions of public trust. While Senator Menendez is innocent until proven guilty, the heart of the allegations erodes public trust,” Hirono tweeted.

“As such, I believe he should step down.”
Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.)

Klobuchar said that while she does not believe Menendez will resign, he should, according to Star Tribune reporter Hunter Woodall.
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.)

Gillibrand joined the calls for Menendez to resign in a press conference, according to a tweet from WNYC reporter Brigid Bergin.
Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.)

Warnock issued a statement shortly after 1 p.m. “The covenant we have with the American people is sacred, and ensuring the public we work for them and not other interests is paramount. Senator Menendez should step aside and resign,” he wrote on X.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.)

Blumenthal told reporters Tuesday he believes Menendez should resign, while noting the New Jersey lawmaker is “entitled to a presumption of innocence and a fair trial just like any criminal defendant.”

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.)

Murphy, the chairman of the Foreign Relations subcommittee on the Middle East, joined the calls for resignation on Tuesday. He also said an inquiry needs to be launched into Egypt’s behavior toward the committee.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.)

Duckworth, a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee told reporters Tuesday, “I’ve already said that because of how egregious the charges are, it probably behooves him to step down in order to mount his defense.”

Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.)

Stabenow, the chairwoman of the Senate Democratic Policy and Communications Committee and No. 3 Senate Democrat, said in a statement Tuesday evening that “The allegations against Senator Bob Menendez are very concerning. While he deserves his presumption of innocence, I believe it’s best for him to step down from the U.S. Senate.”

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.)

Durbin, the No. 2-ranking Senate Democrat, on Wednesday wrote on X that “Leaders in New Jersey, including the Governor and my Senate colleague Cory Booker, have made it clear that Sen. Menendez can no longer serve. He should step down.”

Sen. Patty Murray (Was.)

Murray, chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee, joined the chorus of calls for Menendez’s resignation Wednesday. She also went a step farther, calling on the Senate Ethics Committee to investigate her colleague if he refuses to step down, which he so far has.

“The charges against Senator Menendez are extremely serious and the details released are deeply disturbing — while Senator Menendez is entitled to his day in court, I believe he should step down and focus on his legal defense,” Murray said on X on Wednesday.

Since this article was printed in Tuesday, the list of senate democrats calling for him to resign has increased to 30.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...-who-have-called-for-menendez-to-resign/

There is also a list of democratic house members at the link calling for his resignation as well. It looks like you have a lot of homework to do preaching to all of them about what a bunch of centrist POS they all are.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Like I didn’t know they would? Come on man, dems always do the right thing. But they are fighting with MAGA GOPers who will never do the right thing. Every D we boot ourselves is just another giveaway to the right. I know you can’t seem to wrap around that, but some of us are sick and tired of fighting these fascists with our hands tied.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not a giveaway to the right. The democratic governor is NOT going to appoint a Republican to that seat. You have provided absolutely nothing of substance that indicates he would. Do you really believe that all of these democratic senators, the gov. of N.J along with many other top democrats IN N.J. would call for his resignation if they thought Gov. Murphey would appoint a Republican? I mean really?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Sen Bob Menendez indicted

Link Copied to Clipboard