#2027403 09/12/23 02:37 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
28s
Veteran offensive tackle Ty Nsekhe is signing with the Cleveland Browns, per his agent
@eliteloyaltysp
. Browns lost OT Jack Conklin to season-ending knee injury in Sunday’s opener vs. the Bengals.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He overlapped with Callahan in Washington from 2015-2018 so he should have some familiarity with our systems/technique. Started 8 games for the Rams last year.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
looks like he'll be a PS guy and we moved up Dunn

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Yeah, Dunn was moved up and this guy and Togiai were added to the PS. Burns was let go to make room for Togiai

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
got it thanks

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
meanwhile...

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
hmm

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
meanwhile...

I think we already have our reclamation project (Leatherwood) for the year. No?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
Nsekhe is 6'8 324+ so another tall player which probably doesn't hurt.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
meanwhile...

I think we already have our reclamation project (Leatherwood) for the year. No?
Why not have 2?

If they are very talented tough big guys who will play really well for you in the future,
then give me more. wink

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's hard to develop a guy that can't stay healthy. Bring him in for a work out and kick the tires, but I'm guessing he'd still be with the Bengals if his medicals weren't looking unoptimistic at best.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm sure our staff is really frustrated about knowing how to motivate Wills .. clearly nothing has worked

T
Legend
Legend
T
Wills has started 35 games in the NFL and appeared in eleven and started the remainder of 38? at Alabama, so he must be doing something right.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I'm sure our staff is really frustrated about knowing how to motivate Wills .. clearly nothing has worked

Maybe they thought he'd find motivation AFTER picking up his 5th year option. rolleyes

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Maybe they thought he'd find motivation AFTER picking up his 5th year option. rolleyes
He has earned it more than James Hudson has earned the 5th year option; I mean, what are the alternatives?
Without an alternative I don't understand why the rolleyes
If anyone hasn't come along and played better enough to take the starting LT spot from Jed Wills, and Jed Wills is healthy, then I don't get the criticism, especially since he's not getting beat every down or getting penalties, and in general looks just more effective than Hudson.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

He has earned it more than James Hudson has earned the 5th year option; I mean, what are the alternatives?
Without an alternative I don't understand why the rolleyes
If anyone hasn't come along and played better enough to take the starting LT spot from Jed Wills, and Jed Wills is healthy, then I don't get the criticism, especially since he's not getting beat every down or getting penalties, and in general looks just more effective than Hudson.

So, we have the 64th rated tackle out of 68 and because Hudson might not be as good, we'll give the dude 14.2M and keep playing him because we don't want to address the issue? LOL, that makes total sense to me. I wonder, when the Browns were pursuing Watson with their open checkbook for 230M, did they tell him we expect elite play, but you'll have the worst LT in the NFL protecting your blind side? I guess when Bosa beats Wills next week and breaks Watson in two, we can be assured that at least Watson knew that he'd have the worst LT in the NFL protecting his blind side. If Berry and the Browns are not going to address the problem, then I'd expect Watson to miss a whole lot more than one game this season. Just a thought......

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Who could say he is 64th out of 68? bleh, I don't buy it.
What you have is the number one tackle, out of 2. Wills and Hudson, and Wills starts.

I don't buy the overreacting argument that Watson will be broken in two,
Neither the statement that Wills = the worst at his position in the NFL. C'mon, get real.
And the Browns addressing the problem???? they did; they did when they drafted Jed Wills in 2020,
and he is a top left tackle,
whether people like it, or want to admit it, or not.

I bet there were a couple of OL coaches that the Browns played in week one, and week three, ... and even the steelers don't have a Jed Wills...that wish they had a Jed Wills instead of those whom the Browns defense was carving up like Jack o lanterns.

L
Legend
Legend
L

He shouldn’t have to be motivated to practice and play play with intensity, but it happens. Some guys have a high motor, others have a low motor. I dunno but hr was a 1st round pick so he needs to show some pride. Does anyone know if he had motivational issues in college?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Who could say he is 64th out of 68? bleh, I don't buy it.
What you have is the number one tackle, out of 2. Wills and Hudson, and Wills starts.

I don't buy the overreacting argument that Watson will be broken in two,
Neither the statement that Wills = the worst at his position in the NFL. C'mon, get real.
And the Browns addressing the problem???? they did; they did when they drafted Jed Wills in 2020,
and he is a top left tackle,
whether people like it, or want to admit it, or not.

I bet there were a couple of OL coaches that the Browns played in week one, and week three, ... and even the steelers don't have a Jed Wills...that wish they had a Jed Wills instead of those whom the Browns defense was carving up like Jack o lanterns.

It really doesn't matter if you buy it or not. After 4 weeks into the season, Wills has graded out as the 64th rated OT in the NFL out of 68 OT's graded. Wills has had more QB pressures than any player on the Browns and most of the league. Sad part is his run blocking is even worse than his pass blocking. So, you can either believe it or not, but Wills is one of the worst tackles in the NFL as it currently stands. The numbers don't lie!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign OT Ty Nsekhe

Link Copied to Clipboard