Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
there are weird rumors on Twitter that he may be in an out-patient rehab thing right now and this is all being used to cover that up.

Could just be stupid talk ... and that's the problem: when we are so unforthcoming, rumors spread and it gets worse

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe I'm being lazy here, but doesn't the NFL have strict rules about accurately reporting injuries?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
Maybe I'm being lazy here, but doesn't the NFL have strict rules about accurately reporting injuries?
yeah I think so .. but I think you can get loose with the phrasing of injuries to keep it more ambiguous. It's a gray area for sure

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
there are weird rumors on Twitter that he may be in an out-patient rehab thing right now and this is all being used to cover that up.

Could just be stupid talk ... and that's the problem: when we are so unforthcoming, rumors spread and it gets worse

I would guess stupid talk is putting it mildly. It could be true I guess, but it reminds me of the in-season trade rumors I keep reading on Facebook.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

I would guess stupid talk is putting it mildly. It could be true I guess, but it reminds me of the in-season trade rumors I keep reading on Facebook.
yeah for sure .. you get into the area of people just spouting off wild stuff to see what sticks. It's the risk you run when you sign a controversial guy and then aren't very open about sharing what's going on

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

yeah for sure .. you get into the area of people just spouting off wild stuff to see what sticks. It's the risk you run when you sign a controversial guy and then aren't very open about sharing what's going on

And then he "gets hurt" but never shows any sign of being hurt... pops up from a hit, finishes the game with a smile on his face, gives no sign of an injury until late that week, ends up missing a game, luckily before a bye week, still isn't well through the bye week, misses the next game... with reports of the injury being likely to sideline him for multiple weeks.

I suspect, by next week, he'll have cancer of the shoulder and will need experimental surgery.

All this, on the heels of a QB that would play with a broken shoulder and severed limb.

Only in Cleveland -- this is fun!

I seriously have not been this 'checked out' since we realized Charlie Frye wasn't going to be a HOFer.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by FATE
seriously have not been this 'checked out' since we realized Charlie Frye wasn't going to be a HOFer.

This is where I am at. I'll watch with passing interest moving forward. If the team ever gets over the hump I'll amp up the interest level.

Legend
Legend
Count me in that group. It's seriously a clown car of one letdown after another. I'm probably taking the grandson to the zoo tomorrow.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
I seriously have not been this 'checked out' since we realized Charlie Frye wasn't going to be a HOFer.

Getting rid of my season tickets may be one of the most rational decisions I’ve made as an adult. 😀

It’s the same story every year, huge offseason hype. Most talented team on paper they’ve ever had! Inevitably, they manage to puke all over themselves.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I feel basically the same as the four posts above. Though I think that point came for me during the crumbling of the 2014 season after Hoyer's 7-4 start.

However, as hard as I've tried or promises I've made to myself to stay away from the TV on Sundays (including Hue's years), I find myself sitting in my chair watching the whole game. I've turned it off a few times during the 4th quarter, but that's the exception. When 10am rolls around (even when it was obvious we were going to lose going in), the self-loathing and masochism amps up I guess.

The worst part is that I gave up drinking years ago which, of course, has made the entire situation clearer.

Last edited by AZBrown; 10/14/23 10:00 AM.
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
I'll watch most of it out of morbid curiosity. Like rubber-neckers looking at a car crash.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We should all be preparing ourselves for another long week after Sunday's game. Actually, it's starting to look like another long, losing season.

Legend
Legend
that was my issue too Fate ... he finished the titans game with zero issue or sign of injury

Legend
Legend
If the weather is trash, I'll watch just for something to do during the day, but if it isn't raining, I've got plenty of other ways out in the yard/pasture of wasting a day while inflicting pain upon myself.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
For me I'll watch. It isn't as painful once you become numb to it. I became numb to it some time ago.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Does it really surprise anyone that the Browns are worse off after a Bye week?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
haha the bye beats us again

E
Legend
Legend
E
I dont understand why we are starting a QB from the practice squad? Is that REALLY the best we can do? Its like quitting before we even play. Why was there not a better plan?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I dont understand why we are starting a QB from the practice squad? Is that REALLY the best we can do? Its like quitting before we even play. Why was there not a better plan?

The Browns have clearly said winning this game is not important because it's a non conference game, and I am sure in their minds they'll get serious again in week 6 on their way to the playoffs.

What a message to send the team. I wonder if Stef talked about putting in the work this week. What a clown.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So is it then your contention the Browns would have a better chance of winning if they started DTR? I find it odd that people aren't blaming the people that created this situation rather than the person having to deal with it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Makes that Dobbs decision look even more foolish.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
I assume that Watson actually has an injured shoulder. I do wonder if it is worse than we know.

That being said I do not think Watson wants to be here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Makes that Dobbs decision look even more foolish.

He made some awful decisions and poor throws versus the Bengals last week. I have a hard time believing he would make much of a difference right now.

I guess he might be better than what we currently have but he's not winning games either with this current lineup we will be starting with all the injuries.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly don't think it would make a difference this week against the 9'ers. But the next two games are against the Colts and Seahawks. If watson can't play in those games the upgrade to Dobbs could have certainly have made the difference between W's and L's. While I agree Dobbs isn't a world beater at QB, he has a completion rate of 65.8% with 6td's to 2int's. Nothing outstanding there but a pretty good completion rate and not many mistakes. That may have been just enough at QB to beat some of those marginal teams the Browns may be facing.

I've always believed that it's a GM's job to upgrade and maintain the best talent on the roster possible within financial reason. We had Dobbs on the roster to begin with. Now we don't and I believe the QB position is worse off for it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
Count me in that group. It's seriously a clown car of one letdown after another. I'm probably taking the grandson to the zoo tomorrow.

I had to go back and look... wow, that little bundle is almost seven months already! Have fun!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: jfanent
E
Legend
Legend
E

Legend
Legend
we better hope

T
Legend
Legend
T
Was the plan to dump all of the NFLs problems on the city of Cleveland, because the fans wlll put up with anything.
analytics.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It might be better that DW doesn't play against the 49er's; for obvious reasons.

M
Legend
Legend
M

They thought he was playing against the Ravens. They thought he was playing against the 49ers. I'll be floored if he plays against the Colts. I don't believe a word out of Berea until he's actually on the field and playing on a Sunday.

(This isn't a shot at you, Eve.)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I certainly don't think it would make a difference this week against the 9'ers. But the next two games are against the Colts and Seahawks. If watson can't play in those games the upgrade to Dobbs could have certainly have made the difference between W's and L's. While I agree Dobbs isn't a world beater at QB, he has a completion rate of 65.8% with 6td's to 2int's. Nothing outstanding there but a pretty good completion rate and not many mistakes. That may have been just enough at QB to beat some of those marginal teams the Browns may be facing.

I've always believed that it's a GM's job to upgrade and maintain the best talent on the roster possible within financial reason. We had Dobbs on the roster to begin with. Now we don't and I believe the QB position is worse off for it.

Fair enough, can't disagree with that. It definitely isn't worth a 7th round draft choice to be even deeper in this mess.

Legend
Legend
lol thanks Tom Withers

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 49ers 17 Watson's Availability for Sunday

Link Copied to Clipboard