Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
L
Legend
Legend
L
can't wait for the talking heads to say how SF would have won had they had CMC, ignoring the fact we don't have Chubb and were playing with an XFL qb

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
3 members like this: Dawg Citizen, bbrowns32, THROW LONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Jcamm
win dispite Coach Kevin
Won in spite of walker almost throwing an int on 2nd down on the drive where they got the final field goal.

What do you expect.

We're doomed, now they'll keep Stefanski.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
OMG!!!
Originally Posted by TooTall
Not perfect, but a W...and against a strong 5-0 team.

Credit: D, PJ for a fair outing in a bad scenario, Amari Cooper, Ford showing up when he was needed.

Sucks: Stephanski and his irrational play calling and bad, horrid game/clock management.

Stup-fanski will be the reason we dont go far.. they need to take play calling away from him

Legend
Legend
Absolutely shocked that we won that game. I was never so happy when SF's punter missed and I heard, "No good." OMG!!!!!!

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Great win!

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
If they had won either one of the two they've lost, they'd have the div lead,

and, oh, just go into Pitt on MNF, and they did, and they had a nineteen to ? lead at Pitt on MNF in the 2nd half iirc?

and if it weren't for 2 d touchdowns, by Pitt they would have won then,

and if it weren't for Kevin dropping a rookie @uarterback back 40 times they would have beaten Baltimore and could be Five and 0,

about 3 plays away from five and 0

and about 3 plays away from 2 and 3.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Stephanski's team just beat the best team in the NFL with basically the third string QB, and people want him fired. It's mindblowing

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Stephanski's team just beat the best team in the NFL with basically the third string QB, and people want him fired. It's mindblowing

That was winning despite not because of.. If any coach is responsible for the outcome its def. Schwartz

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

Yep, I would say I am surprised, but I am not. When the Browns win it is in spite of the coach, when they lose it is because of the coach,. I am trying to figure out just what plays they wanted called. I thought the officiating was horrible. I have been watching football for 54+ years and am confident I have never heard an official apologize on the Mic for a horrible call.

Also when KS tried to fool the 49ers on the 4th down, the refs moved the ball a full yard away rather than 1/2 yard so the decision was changed.

Elated to have just beaten the 5-0 49ers, Great D. The TV graphic showing the 49ers trailing for about 2 minutes of game time through the first 5 games showed how well the D played and offense had a big drive when the game was on the line.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by leadtheway

That was winning despite not because of.. If any coach is responsible for the outcome its def. Schwartz

Says you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE are playing an extremely inexperienced 3rd string QB against a great defense. Good Lord, give coach some credit.

2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, EveDawg
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Originally Posted by Jcamm
win dispite Coach Kevin
Won in spite of walker almost throwing an int on 2nd down on the drive where they got the final field goal.

What do you expect.

We're doomed, now they'll keep Stefanski.
Yea, Stefanski almost blew it on that bad play call. It also stopped the clock and S.F. didn't have to use a T.O. Thank goodness Moody missed that FG!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

Says you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE are playing an extremely inexperienced 3rd string QB against a great defense. Good Lord, give coach some credit.

yeah so lets call opposite field bootlegs and pass plays inside the red zone when you're trying to run the clock out. He was very lucky it wasn't picked. He abandoned the run too much, not as much as he did with DTR, but if it wasn't for the defense this would have been an L.. scoring 19 points don't win alot of games nowadays

1 member likes this: Dawg Citizen
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I agree, Schwartz won this game and Stefanski almost blew it.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Excellent point Lead. We were lucky to not have that picked off. Should never have thrown down there.

1 member likes this: Dawg Citizen
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Don't want Stefanski fired but I do question his play calling near the end of the game. The Browns were really lucky the Niners didn't intercept the ball and that Moody missed the game winning FG.

L
Legend
Legend
L
We won the game didn’t we? Good slugfest, perfect for an October Sunday on the Lake.
Some of you would complain about taxes if you won the lottery.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I had to leave around the mid-4th ... going back and reading this is awesome

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

yeah so lets call opposite field bootlegs and pass plays inside the red zone when you're trying to run the clock out. He was very lucky it wasn't picked. He abandoned the run too much, not as much as he did with DTR, but if it wasn't for the defense this would have been an L.. scoring 19 points don't win alot of games nowadays

Pretty sure that was a design roll out that he was supposed to run, getting what he could if no one wide open, then slide to stay in bounds. It was practiced that way this week according to postgame comments. .

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 49ers 17 Gameday vs San Francisco

Link Copied to Clipboard