Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Of course it worked. Number 17 at QB wearing orange pants and a brown jersey and winning games in the last seconds....... It's official. We now have "THE RETURN OF THE KARDIAC KIDS"

It did have that Sipe Cockroft feel lol

P
Legend
Legend
P
Only Sipe used to score a lot more than 13 points. But other than that, okay.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sipes first season he started 5 games won 2

He threw one TD and seven interceptions

It wasn't til six years later in 1980 he won 11 games and was part of the Cardiac Kids

DTR has had two starts he's 1-1

Try to give him a bit of a chance to see if he can mature and grow into a good back up for this team

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Originally Posted by FATE

This will actually be his second child. The first being the Indianapolis Colts. He and Myles Garrett share custody.

LOL! Jeez, you didn't have to go scorched earth.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

It wasn't til six years later in 1980 he won 11 games and was part of the Cardiac Kids

Try to give him a bit of a chance to see if he can mature and grow into a good back up for this team

I think he has the possibility of developing over time just like Sipe. The question becomes is a team who is in the playoff hunt the time to force the kid onto the field as he develops? When Sipe joined the Browns things were a hot mess. That team didn't have a shot of doing anything. So the time to throw a raw QB out there couldn't have been better. That's not where the Browns are at the present time. Different circumstances call for different answers.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

I think he has the possibility of developing over time just like Sipe. The question becomes is a team who is in the playoff hunt the time to force the kid onto the field as he develops? When Sipe joined the Browns things were a hot mess. That team didn't have a shot of doing anything. So the time to throw a raw QB out there couldn't have been better. That's not where the Browns are at the present time. Different circumstances call for different answers.

If he develops and improves each game and keeps the wins coming then yes, eventually a player has to grow

As you mentioned about Flacco and his different style of play. I'm sure he is capable of making plays but can his play fit the system the offense is used to running ?

Idk if throwing Flacco in while DTR is playing well in a system more or less put together for DW and DTR would benefit the team

Again all speculation, I do want to see DTR keep growing and winning.

Be nice to have a back up who can step in and win while still young and learning

P
Legend
Legend
P
When did DTR "play well"? On two drives out of four quarters?

And it's a little confusing to say on one hand that DTR and Falcco have differing styles so you have to choose which one you're going with and build the system you're going to play around them. You either have to go with Flacco and base things around his skill set or do that with DTR.

You still didn't answer the biggest point in all of this. The Browns are in serious contention to be in the playoffs. Is that the time to play a "developing QB" who is still very raw? Or is that the time to play a seasoned veteran?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will qoute you " I don't make a seven figure pay check to make those decisions " lol

The coaches will know that and will have to trust their decision

My view on it is this, Let DTR in and play. It's a team game, if the Defense and ST's can keep the Offense in the game and keep the wins coming then don't change anything

If DTR shows he is struggling and cannot get the Offense going then make the change

Flacco even a proven vet still has to show he still has it

Just by having a vet in there doesn't nessacarilly guarentee success

We have seen this scenario many times since 99

Hopes in Rookies hopes in vets

My answer is play the developing QB

Sure it would be nice to see him play well for four quaters, all it took was one drive to win and he did that

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody here is making that decision. But if you think the D is going to keep opponents to 10 points all the time you may be in for as rude awakening. This is not the time to develop players on game day if you have other options. Especially not at the QB position.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
If Joke had caught a few more balls, the O could/should have put up 20 points.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I did not say anything about keeping opponets to 10 points

I said if the Defense and ST's can help keep the offense in the game

Big difference there, so no rude awaking

I also feel the offense is capable of scoring more than 7 points

Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
7s
S Rodney McLeod is out for the year with a biceps injury, per coach Kevin Stefanski #Browns

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
McLeod was great insurance and a Swiss army knife in the D backfield ... that sucks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's great. Let a 5th round draft pick that hasn't shown the ability to put points on the board in charge of the Browns playoff run. I mean what could go wrong there, right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
#Browns Kevin Stefanski said Dorian Thompson-Robinson will start vs. the #Broncos and Joe Flacco will bring value to the room

O
Legend
Legend
O
If DTR can just be as good or better than Huntley in Baltimore, we’re good.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
If DTR can just be as good or better than Huntley in Baltimore, we’re good.
if DTR can be Huntley we could beat anyone

Legend
Legend
j/c...

I feel a set-up fostering where any mistake, or God forbid a loss, will bring a bunch of "told-you-so" posts about how we should have started a cold Flacco. And a posture that assumes it would have guaranteed an easy victory. It will be fun.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not from my direction, and I’ve been more down on Ski than most. I still don’t think he’s a great coach, but I have to give him credit for getting us to 7-3 with all the issues we’ve had. Props Ski.

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c...

I feel a set-up fostering where any mistake, or God forbid a loss, will bring a bunch of "told-you-so" posts about how we should have started a cold Flacco. And a posture that assumes it would have guaranteed an easy victory. It will be fun.

I would hope not. I certainly agree that Flacco should and will be the starter if the Browns wish to have any shot at a deep run in the playoffs. But after only being here for a week I'm not sure that gives him enough time with which to be ready to start. Then there's always the option of pulling DTR and putting Flacco in the game if things go south.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The pass playbook was about 1/10th the normal size yesterday. At least 3 Njoku drops.

That was intentional and the plan. The last drive passes went downfield.

The int was off a tipped ball and not so much on DTR.

I am happy. He was so much better than in the Baltimore game and you could see the win was a big relief.

DTR probably had a few rough weeks since the Baltimore game and played as the Browns wanted him to against a very good defensive team.

For years Pittsburg and Baltimore have been at the top of the league in terms of defensive play. This year the Browns can hang with them and that is why the team is 7-3.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
DTR had all week to practice against the best D in the league. It’s why he was prepared for Pittsburg. Granted he wasn’t going to get hit in practice by Myles, he still had to throw against Ward, Newsome, and Emerson.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Njoku really did have 3-4 drops that were killers in the moment, especially the TD and the one that would have extended a drive

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
7s
S Rodney McLeod is out for the year with a biceps injury, per coach Kevin Stefanski #Browns

I wondered about that live. His arm was doing some weird twitching as he was coming off the field.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Man Shaq Leonard got released, wonder where he ends up?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs

Hope we try to sign him

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs

Hope we try to sign him

Not sure why the Colts diminished his role and are using Olubi more

Might be due to worries to his back surgeries

I can see Dallas being interested in him

Legend
Legend
I saw an article that basically predicted nobody would claim him because he's just too much drama and not enough output since his surgeries.

He isn't the player he was pre-injuries, but he 100% thinks he still is and doesn't understand why he doesn't get the time the other guys are getting. Add in a $98 million contract and they were just willing to be done with him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Browns sign 3-time Super Bowl champion safety
by: Chad Krispinsky

Posted: Nov 22, 2023 / 12:57 PM EST

Updated: Nov 22, 2023 / 12:57 PM EST

BEREA, Ohio (WKBN) – The Cleveland Browns officially signed veteran safety Duron Harmon to the practice squad on Wednesday.

Cleveland is in need of depth at the safety spot due to the season-ending injury to Rodney McLeod.

The 11-year veteran appeared in three games with one start for the Bears this season, after being signed off the Baltimore Ravens’ practice squad.

Harmon won three Super Bowls with the Patriots after being selected in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

He has appeared in 164 career games with 79 starts with the Patriots (2013-19), Lions (2020), Falcons (2021), Raiders (2022) and Bears (2023).

For his career, Harmon has amassed 397 total tackles, 23 interceptions, 43 passes defensed, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

Legend
Legend
thats probably as good of a signing as we could get to help replace McLeod

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Legend
Legend
L

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
Commanders fire defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio after losing to the Cowboys

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/n...YLnjnyrT7cBvNHqLaW-GrVFOJbEgzhocM8kBDgQQ

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by leadtheway

He is an afterthought at this point.

As for bust, we might need to wait a year or two to see how that works out. The league if full of kickers who "kicked around" for 2-3 years before finally finding their comfort zone.

That said, he is trending downward and won't get too many more chances. He will get a few more camp tryouts before he is finally forgotten history.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I know that Thanksgiving is over.

But damn I am thankful Dustin Hopkins.

So happy Berry reacted and made the change.

P
Legend
Legend
P
At the point York was at I don't think Berry had any choice but to make a move. But man he certainly made the right move when it counted!

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I remember when Greeny said he heard from multiple people that Barnett was better than Garrett.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Looks like Marcus Peters is available after raiders release him.. I'd take a look at him with the way our secondary is constantly hurt

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Looks like Marcus Peters is available after raiders release him.. I'd take a look at him with the way our secondary is constantly hurt

Raiders fans were throwing a party that he was released

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Most overrated CB in football - constantly torched. Head case on top of all that. No thanks.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard