Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Hammer
Most overrated CB in football - constantly torched. Head case on top of all that. No thanks.

lol not even by a long shot.. head case.. yeah Ill give you that.. heres a riddle for you.. I'll give you 3 PFF grades thus far this year and you match to the player(Ward, Newsome, Peters)

the answer may surprise you

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Most overrated CB in football - constantly torched. Head case on top of all that. No thanks.

lol not even by a long shot.. head case.. yeah Ill give you that.. heres a riddle for you.. I'll give you 3 PFF grades thus far this year and you match to the player(Ward, Newsome, Peters)

It's astounding how you'll blindly throw PFF grades out there like they are the be-all end-all. Quick Google search....

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-cornerbacks-nfl-rankings/

Ward, Emerson, Newsome all got ranked sub-25 in someone's top CB ranking. Peters is out of a job.

"... but look, I have numbers!"

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by oobernoober

It's astounding how you'll blindly throw PFF grades out there like they are the be-all end-all. Quick Google search....

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-cornerbacks-nfl-rankings/

Ward, Emerson, Newsome all got ranked sub-25 in someone's top CB ranking. Peters is out of a job.

"... but look, I have numbers!"

Lmao. You use an opinion piece and I used numbers that were calculated by a formula that’s been adopted by the world to assess performance. Totally missing the point per the norm on top of it. Hammer said he was the most overrated corner in league. I posted the numbers mostly to say that’s not true. He scored higher so far than both our starters so what’s that say about our corners. Maybe you didn’t watch newsome get torched, or how many times ward picks the wrong pickup route and his guy gets a big gain. That’s when he plays his 4-5 games a year. Not even advocating for getting him , just saying here’s a guy that has been pretty decent his whole career on the open market and we have injury concerns at that position. He would be worth looking at as depth. Nothing more

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The messaging from the Browns on injury news has been very Guardians-like this season. I’ll just assume Garrett is toast or will be ineffective for the rest of the season.

L
Legend
Legend
L
the way the Browns deal with injuries needs to be addressed and they need fined.. whoever this "medical team" we have, they all need fired, because they obviously have no clue what they are doing. How many times have there been conflicting reports and information not made known or contrary to their original report.. Never seen it this bad.. Guess thats what happens when you have Ivy league nerds running things and they think they are smarter than everyone

P
Legend
Legend
P
The team made it clear there was no structural damage in his shoulder. It was a public statement by Stefanski. So to assume Garrett is toast would mean you think the team is lying and that "actually likely does" means something.

Browns' Myles Garrett suffered no structural damage to shoulder

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...t-suffered-no-structural-damage-shoulder

That doesn't mean there isn't some injury associated with the shoulder. It just means the damage isn't structural. The team came out with their statement as fact. MKC used nothing but conjecture. But anyone can trust the word of someone that hasn't actually seen or heard the doctors report if they so choose to.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Peters may have a higher PFF grade but if you look at their stats Ward has out played Peters:

Ward has given up 26 passes on 51 targets (51%) for 369 yds and 3 tds with 2 ints and 7 passes broken up and an opposing QBR rating of 78.8
Peters has given up 35 passes on 50 targets (70%) for 356 yds and 3tds with 1 ints and 4 passes broken up and an opposing QBR rating of 101.7

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
M
Legend
Legend
M

Crazy to think we might play against him.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I think they'd be so dumb to have him actually play ... but we'll see

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
Today is the deadline to flex the Dec. 28 Thursday Night Game between the Jets and Browns. I've been told the game will not be flexed.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I think they'd be so dumb to have him actually play ... but we'll see

It would probably be dumb, assuming the team will be losing a few more games and wildly out of contention. Plus, playing him likely means a better chance of winning and thus, risking draft position.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Or the networks are thinking this may be Aaron Rodgers 1st game back

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
I think part of it might be to keep morale up for fans/players heading into the offseason ... they'll have a lot riding on next year

P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
man, that sounds tough. Prayers up to him

P
Legend
Legend
P
Myles Garrett fined 25k for complaining about officiating....

Report: Browns' Myles Garrett fined $25K for criticizing officials

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-garrett-fined-25k-criticizing-officials

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
If anybody has a right to complain it should be him. Did Mahomes get fined too?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/16/23 10:41 PM.
Legend
Legend
Mahomes apologized and said he was wrong. Myles couldn't do that, because he wasn't wrong, lol.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope Myles takes 25K outta somebody’s ass this Sunday.

Legend
Legend
I watched the Steelers game yesterday. This is the year Tomlin goes under 500. The Steeler fans are all over him.

Funny how inept a team can look with bad qb play.

I paid attention to TJ. He is a great player. Quick and all out on every play.

However, he does not get the attention Myles gets. He gets one on one a lot. Teams game plan Myles. He is at least doubled.

He has every right to bitch. He gets held in every game. Every game and often.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
If anybody has a right to complain it should be him. Did Mahomes get fined too?

Patrick Mahomes, Andy Reid fined by NFL for criticizing officials after Bills-Chiefs

After a dramatic TD was taken off the board Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes made their feelings known. Now the NFL has responded

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/1...dqSlXwlSXQOw_Gai2Qa0nQ5ZhrMgRdJR0OoKHUhw

Reid was hit with a fine of 100k and Mahomes was fined 50k.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I really believe that this is the last season of Belichick and the Patriots.

I don't have any inside information but it sure reads like this is the end.

No clue if he will wish to take another job. Maybe and maybe not.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
I really believe that this is the last season of Belichick and the Patriots.

I don't have any inside information but it sure reads like this is the end.

No clue if he will wish to take another job. Maybe and maybe not.

The age old question of was it Belichick or Brady has been answered. Yeah, I think it's the end for Bill. He'll go to the chargers if he wants. There is had a young QB with great skills. He could win it all there.

Last edited by Damanshot; 12/19/23 10:15 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
What Belichick and Brady accomplished in NE is unparalleled.

We cannot say what would have happened if Brady never was drafted by NE.

But I believe Bill would have found a qb and still won. Probably not all those Super Bowls but he would have won there.

He is a great coach.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree with that assessment. It was the perfect storm for the Pats. A good owner, excellent coach and a great QB all at the same time. A situation that has been unparalleled in the history of the NFL and will be very hard to duplicate.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
The age old question of was it Belichick or Brady has been answered.

Indeed. It was both of them.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Belichick has diminishing skills.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I agree that those championships were a combination of both of them, what we have clearly seen is that Brady could still do it without Belichick while Belichick couldn't do it without Brady. Advantage Brady.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I see how it could look that way.

However, it takes a team to win a Super Bowl. The Bucs were a good team.

The Patriots after Brady? I cannot say because I don't follow them.

I do know this. If I had to have a defensive game plan to stop a great offense.

I would want Belichick to be the guy with the plan.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It not only looks that way, it is that way. Belichick is not only the HC but also the de facto GM of the Patriots. The team he coaches s also the team he builds.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
NFL suspends Steelers safety Damontae Kazee for the rest of the season after illegal hit

Kazee was ejected from Pittsburgh’s 30-13 loss to Indianapolis on Saturday after hitting diving Colts wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. in the second quarter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tae-kazee-rest-season-big-hit-rcna130385

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Brady made Belichick look like a great coach. He was always mediocre and always will be. Plus BB is a CONFIRMED CHEATER!

M
Legend
Legend
M
DPJ since being traded to the Lions....

4 targets, 2 receptions, 22 yards.

Tillman in that same period.....

29 targets, 14 receptions, 155 yards.

Tackles are tackles.
3 members like this: Day of the Dawg, Hammer, ScottPlayersFacemask
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes, but you forgot to add the good blocking stats.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I am a little surprised Detroit traded for DPJ. I watched one or two of their games. I don't know where he fits in. Maybe there are contract issues after this season.

As of now, Tillman isn't as polished as DPJ, but so far, he looks promising with "contested catches".

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
DPJ since being traded to the Lions....

4 targets, 2 receptions, 22 yards.

Tillman in that same period.....

29 targets, 14 receptions, 155 yards.

So DPJ has caught 50% of his targets and Tillman has caught slightly less than 50% of his targets? naughtydevil

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When George Pickens was drafted by the Steelers. I was not happy.

I knew that he was a talented receiver.

Now? I would not have that guy on my team. I don't know what Tomlin is doing? The tape on Pickens lack of effort is embarrassing.

I do not understand how Mike Tomlin has let it get to this stage? At this point I would pull all those plays on him and in a team meeting put it up on display.

"This kind of effort is why we are losing games." I would embarrass him in front of the team. Then bench his ass.

You cannot coach a team and have a player play like that. No player who is working his ass off will respect you.

I have never seen a player for the Browns play that way under KS. We would not be 9-5 if we did.

The Steelers are in deep dodo.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard