Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by bonefish
When George Pickens was drafted by the Steelers. I was not happy.

I knew that he was a talented receiver.

Now? I would not have that guy on my team. I don't know what Tomlin is doing? The tape on Pickens lack of effort is embarrassing.

I do not understand how Mike Tomlin has let it get to this stage? At this point I would pull all those plays on him and in a team meeting put it up on display.

"This kind of effort is why we are losing games." I would embarrass him in front of the team. Then bench his ass.

You cannot coach a team and have a player play like that. No player who is working his ass off will respect you.

I have never seen a player for the Browns play that way under KS. We would not be 9-5 if we did.

The Steelers are in deep dodo.

A real shame, that.... Hate to see it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
DPJ was very over rated as a Brown
Never a threat to score. Always complied alot
Of garbage time yards. Had maybe one meaningful
Catch for the Browns.
Now that he is a Lion is on a roster with a loaded
WR room. He is a depth piece at best.
He will stick around the NFL as a 4th or 5th WR
Having a new team each year. Probably a rebuilding
Team. But he isn't good enough to start for a playoff team.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Catch for the Browns.

I think this take is a little harsh. While our front office felt that DPJ was not in the Browns future with Tillman taking his spot, He made some really good plays for the Browns. The TD in the last seconds in Cincinati comes to mind. He had another long TD in Cincinnati a year later right after the Browns cut OBJ. I remember another game against the Tennessee Titans where he had a long touchdown pass. Last year he had a punt return for a touchdown vs Houston. I wish him nothing but the best. I do feel that Tillman is just taller and faster than DPJ and fits more of what this offense needs at this time.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
When George Pickens was drafted by the Steelers. I was not happy.

I knew that he was a talented receiver.

Now? I would not have that guy on my team. I don't know what Tomlin is doing? The tape on Pickens lack of effort is embarrassing.

I do not understand how Mike Tomlin has let it get to this stage? At this point I would pull all those plays on him and in a team meeting put it up on display.

"This kind of effort is why we are losing games." I would embarrass him in front of the team. Then bench his ass.

You cannot coach a team and have a player play like that. No player who is working his ass off will respect you.

I have never seen a player for the Browns play that way under KS. We would not be 9-5 if we did.

The Steelers are in deep dodo.

I don't know how much you've been paying attention to their team, but this isn't the first time this year or the only player. Pickens has had at least two episodes that I am aware and Dionte Johnson has had at least one. I was going to bring it up about a month or so ago, but just didn't get the time to type up a conversation about it. Actually sort of surprised this is the first time someone bringing up their drama this season.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
#18 Dionte

[video]
[/video]

Legend
Legend
The Steelers moved from A Brown and Claypool.

Tomlin has that reputation of zero nonsense allowed. Now that they are losing and lack talent. He is tolerating this crap from Pickens?

The Rooney's are a patient bunch. But I do not see them tolerating what is now going on. Players opening up to the media about lack of effort. Minkah and TJ have gone public.

It may be time for Tomlin and the Steelers to have a mutual parting of the ways.

I do not see them over 500. Pickett is not the answer. Trouble is coming to Pittsburgh.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He didn't give up. Giving up I think means that at some point, you gave some effort. On that play, he never did a damn thing from start to finish. Even worse than giving up.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: JimDawg
Legend
Legend
No way on this earth would I tolerate lack of effort.

The crap I saw with Pickens. I would light him up if I were Tomlin.

I am proud of the Browns team. They stand up for each other. They play with spirit. The defense is unrelenting. They pick each other up.

I saw Flacco pat Cooper on the fumble loss. They play for each other. It is not lost on me that the heart of this team is why the record.

No matter where this season goes the 2023 Browns is a team I will always be proud of.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
He didn't give up. Giving up I think means that at some point, you gave some effort. On that play, he never did a damn thing from start to finish. Even worse than giving up.

OMG I never even noticed him right off the snap. It was his dude that picked up the ball. HAHAHAHHA

Last edited by oobernoober; 12/21/23 05:13 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Catch for the Browns.

I think this take is a little harsh. While our front office felt that DPJ was not in the Browns future with Tillman taking his spot, He made some really good plays for the Browns. The TD in the last seconds in Cincinati comes to mind. He had another long TD in Cincinnati a year later right after the Browns cut OBJ. I remember another game against the Tennessee Titans where he had a long touchdown pass. Last year he had a punt return for a touchdown vs Houston. I wish him nothing but the best. I do feel that Tillman is just taller and faster than DPJ and fits more of what this offense needs at this time.

I agree, he wasn't a star, but he provided some plays. For a 6th round pick I thought he provided the Browns with decent play.

O
Legend
Legend
O
A 6th rounder playing behind a legit #1 pretty much the whole time (OBJ and then Cooper after), and targeted behind Njoku, Hunt (when he was a weapon) and in a relative run-heavy offense with the best RB in the league. Also spent a good chunk of his time playing with questionable QB talent.

No, he was never a world-beater, but he was a 6th-round WR that only improved while he was here. I don't blame people (which I guess includes myself :-p ) for romanticizing (for lack of a better word) his time here. Previous years/regimes he'd come in and be expected to contribute immediately and we'd have him crash and burn.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Here's a really good interview of Amari Cooper talking about Stefanski, Flacco, Brown's Superbowl chances and adjusting to 4 different qb's in one season.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
I just mentioned that interview in another thread about KS and play calling.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Amari Cooper named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Cooper set a single-game franchise record with 265 receiving yards in Week 16

Cleveland Browns WR Amari Cooper has earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week for games played Dec. 21-25 (Week 16), the National Football League announced Wednesday.

Cooper set a single-game franchise record with 265 receiving yards during the Browns 36-22 victory at Houston. He added 11 receptions (tied for third most in a game in Browns history) and two receiving touchdowns. His 265 receiving yards are the most by any player in the NFL this season. Cooper's 75-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter was the longest reception by a Browns player since Dec. 6, 2020. He also hauled in a 53-yard reception on the first play of the game to set up a touchdown. Cooper became the first Brown to record two 50-yard receptions in a game since Travis Benjamin in 2015. Cooper's 1,250 receiving yards on the year are the third-most by a Brown in a season.

Cooper joins K Dustin Hopkins (Weeks 6-7) and DE Myles Garrett (Week 7) as Browns weekly award winners this season. Cooper has won four career weekly awards (AFC Offensive Player of the Week twice and NFC Offensive Player of the Week twice). He is the first Brown to win AFC Offensive Player of the Week since QB Baker Mayfield in Week 7 in 2020.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/amari-cooper-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Broncos reportedly benching Russell Wilson for rest of 2023: Can Denver get out of QB's contract?

A big offseason awaits for Sean Payton and Co.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...2023-can-denver-get-out-of-qbs-contract/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wow, that is something.

The Trey Lance and Wilson trades were damn near as costly as DW. DW hasn't done much but injuries happen.

They both were benched. Lance then traded. And now Wilson is not part of any future in Denver.

Football can be humbling.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It certainly can be. With all of the draft picks combined with the contract of watson being totally guaranteed I don't think the costs involved are as close as some think they are or make them out to be.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
How is it all that different other than Wilson getting less money? Neither he nor watson will be on the field. I see both as being non productive at this point and both will be on the sideline with Wilson being guaranteed less money. Only the future will decide the anwser because at this point their current situation means neither will be on the field.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don’t know…I keep hearing Stef takes his players advice on plays. tongue

Legend
Legend
thats an awesome clip

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, I won't lie...I watched it about 20 times, haha.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Browns sign QB Jeff Driskel to the active roster

Driskel has spent a majority of the 2023 season on the Cardinals' practice squad

The Cleveland Browns have signed QB Jeff Driskel to the active roster off the Cardinals' practice squad. To make room on the roster, the team has waived DE Sam Kamara.

Driskel (6-4, 235) is in his eighth NFL season out of Louisiana Tech. Originally a sixth-round draft pick by the 49ers in 2016, Driskel has appeared in 23 career games with 11 starts with the Bengals (2018), Lions (2019), Broncos (2020) and Texans (2021-22). He has completed 216 of 365 career passes for 2,228 yards with 14 touchdowns. He has added 384 rushing yards with three scores. He made two starts for the Texans in 2022 and has spent the majority of this season the Cardinals' practice squad.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...zYXkbMhbsfWq1ukTNwChAbUjJhngRvXkBzLk2C4Q

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
That Moore concussion my have been a little more severe than we realized......

Browns receiver Elijah Moore released from hospital after spending the night for concussion observation: Kevin Stefanski quick hits

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...FuJGSDipsh6cr5TiicnHdWlVv1T0zYxzyEanDtXc

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was shocked when I heard that on sports radio this morning

The injuries just don't stop

The heart this team has

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pit, I feel better with Driskel than I do PJ

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Pit, I feel better with Driskel than I do PJ

That makes two of us.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Obviously, his best days are behind him but do you think he's worse than Hunt or Strong? I don't know but the idea is a bit intriguing.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I really haven't seen enough of him this season to tell. But with close to two full weeks left before a playoff game bringing him in to find out couldn't hurt.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
People say he's washed, but a vet with fresh legs doesn't sound too bad. I guess it depends on how banged up Ford is coming out of Cinci.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Jester
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
People say he's washed, but a vet with fresh legs doesn't sound too bad. I guess it depends on how banged up Ford is coming out of Cinci.

He's a great receiving back as well (or at least was during his prime in MIN). Stefanski also is familiar with him and that relationship could come into play, whether good or bad.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
That familiarity with the coach, the system, and all that would be big.... he may be washed up; he may just be in the wrong system.
I'm sure Stefanski & Berry have already been talking to his agent because there is no way his agent takes him this route without laying the groundwork with more than one team.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: lampdogg
Legend
Legend
Well, Stefanski knows him.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
He is as old as Chubb.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If possible, I would bring him on for the reasons already given. He could still be a weapon. It can't hurt to have some depth the way this season has gone.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
With the passing game we have with Flacco, Cook could have life again.

Stefanski knows him well. Even if he doesn't have the speed he once had, he still knows how to read his blocks and hit the openings. Our running game is pretty subpar right now, so I would do it if Cook is interested.

1 member likes this: JimDawg
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Everything the Browns touch is turning to gold right now. Bring Cook in. Very little downside. I'd have a hard time being compelled by an argument against giving him a look.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Obviously, his best days are behind him but do you think he's worse than Hunt or Strong? I don't know but the idea is a bit intriguing.

I wouldn't even say Hunt or Strong. Is he better than anybody on the team? At this point in the season I don't think the traditional mold of position group numbers is all that important. There has to be somebody on the practice squad we can do without or there is somebody banged up enough we can place on IR.

Morre is a guy we should probably IR. When there is a report saying a MD thinks the guy should retire, it doesn't sound like he is going to clear protocol any time soon. It might be time to put the kid on the shelf and see how things look next spring before putting him back in action.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I wouldn't even say Hunt or Strong. Is he better than anybody on the team? At this point in the season I don't think the traditional mold of position group numbers is all that important. There has to be somebody on the practice squad we can do without or there is somebody banged up enough we can place on IR.

Morre is a guy we should probably IR. When there is a report saying a MD thinks the guy should retire, it doesn't sound like he is going to clear protocol any time soon. It might be time to put the kid on the shelf and see how things look next spring before putting him back in action.

There are talks about bringing in a WR, but who is available at this point of the season? Only reason we are talking about Cook is because the Jets made him available when normally no one would be out there to consider.

I believe the doctor that said Moore should retire is one that didn't evaluate him at all and is generally on the side of players retiring when concussed. Maybe that doctor is right, but as far as league protocols go I don't think him going on IR is in the mix.

Last edited by OrangeSky; 01/03/24 11:09 AM.
L
Legend
Legend
L
cook is better than anything we have active, and he knows the system. he will be cheap and good insurance, sign him, let him play sunday. People said Flacco was washed after playing for the Jets too.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard