Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, the traditional conservative sense used to be those that work the hardest should be the most rewarded. Now with Conservative TM, it's "Hands off the money that we inherited and didn't work for...oh and also, we're too big to fail, so bail us out if we make bad decisions."

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That one was the one thing that I learned quite early in life thanks to conservatives:

There is absolutely a such thing as too big to fail. That has been proven multiple times since I became an adult. This economy has been purposely structured to privatize the profits and socialize the losses.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That notion is absolutely true, and is something that really slapped our generation (Millennial) hard in the face, too, when we all came of age (2008 & 2009). That time was also the defining point in my life when I realized Republicans were not truly conservative. Sadly, they have only gotten worse since.

That bootsrap cliche has also become a tired trope of the "old guard" who talks about their own successes, while also ignoring the differences in housing prices, tuition and the sunset of things like pensions. They also hold up guys like Reagan as a conservative icon, even though he took us from major "creditor" status to major "debtor" status...hardly conservative.

In our adulthood, we have also witnessed the chickens coming home to roost when it comes to prioritizing shareholder returns vs a well-run company. See Boeing, Exhibit A. Years and years of sacrificing quality, ignoring your work force, cutting costs, and using profits for share buy-backs vs taking care of your work force and issuing out a quality product.

And you know what's sad? They're too big to fail, now, too. So when all goes to crap, and Airbus keeps eating their lunch, they will socialize their losses, just like you said, so that hopefully one day, they can make a profit again and use it to buy back more shares.

Oh, and they won't be the only ones, either.

But, people will keep burying their heads in the sand, and marching on the crusade against woke, and talking about the evils of social welfare, while corporate welfare and control of the legislature continues to be a far bigger problem.

Last edited by dawglover05; 02/12/24 01:35 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
P
Legend
Legend
P
And you make a very solid point. They aren't against welfare. They only object when the people who need it the most get it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We are also dealing with Shrinkflation thanks to the surging costs of goods brought on by inflation.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
YO, PERFECT! ^ I found the AI! ^
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Legend
Legend
R
That was fake, right?

Legend
Legend
It depends on what you consider "fake". That video is "legit" in that it is actually Biden. It seems like AI because he is not stuttering, pausing to stare into space or channeling dead people.

Seems he has joined TikTok... although federal employees are forbidden from using it... and it will be the platform of his "Campaign '24" 🤣

Look at him reeling off answers to these multiple choice questions! (Well, two choices per question lol).

We are sooo screwed.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Tuition the same way.

I agree. College has become way expensive and is mostly a rip off for a large number of people.

At one time a degree did give you an advantage in to getting something like middle management or upper level job. But the middle has been squeezed. There aren't as many jobs anymore. Technology and computers have killed many of those.

Professional degrees are always going to be of benefit. Most of those require some level of post graduate work and still seem to maintain some standards for completion. As you know there are many "iffy" law schools out there, but a person isn't a practicing attorney until they pass a states bar exam, so there is that.

Today, many people who could have never been accepted to college get in because it is a business and political forum. As long as colleges get money through admissions, more increasingly admit marginal students just to get the loan money, never expecting them to pass or passing them along with some bogus degree.

Today, people need advance degrees to have an advantage. That is being sold to keep the money flowing.

It's sad. That is why I have been a big advocate for vo-tech schools. Teach people to make a living, and along with that the politicians need to make serious efforts to keep, and bring back those jobs. A person shouldn't have to go to college for 6-7-8 years to make a living, and on the other hand we shouldn't expect entry level jobs to pay living wages.

Those are stepping stone jobs. Those jobs were never meant to be careers.

Colleges have taken cues from the healthcare industry. There is the sticker price, which if they can get someone to pay, they make extra money. That scenario is fueled by the government funding loans with no concept on return on investment. More often, the college is quick to offset the cost with some form of made up scholarship, to make the price of education more realistic and affordable.

Too many are graduating with six figure debt into jobs that pay slightly more than minimum wage.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

2 members like this: dawglover05, FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Heaven forbid we actually pass an education bill. Guaranteeing every American citizen a full and complete education for those who want it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Heaven forbid we actually pass an education bill. Guaranteeing every American citizen a full and complete education for those who want it.

What kind of person wants to pass policies that help the majority of Americans? Leeches, that’s who!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sadly, a well educated voting populace is something that is not very friendly to most politicians.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
We are sooo screwed.

No matter which of the two idiots you vote for. I'll take the one who doesn't have 91 indictments against him and didn't try to overturn the 2020 elections.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

...does knowingly voting for an idiot make one an idiot??

Idiocracy tried to warn us.

...just saying....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I suppose you could choose not to vote at all or vote for someone who as no chance to win. Or you could choose to vote for someone who is currently facing 91 criminal indictments, tried to overturn our election in 2020, was found to have sexually assaulted a woman and has openly claimed he wants out of NATO. And that's only the beginning of the list. Or you could vote to stop him from gaining power again.

It's not a pretty picture no matter how you slice it.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

What kind of person wants to pass policies that help the majority of Americans? Leeches, that’s who!!

There's no such thing as a full and complete education. We need to focus more on teaching citizens how to think rather than what to think.

Most people want to pass policies that help the majority of Americans. Unfortunately, most of the policies that are supposed to help the majority of Americans don't actually do so. They infantilize individuals and make them more dependent, exploitable, and controllable.

I do agree that the politicians that want to pass these policies are leeches. Leeches on other (corporate) leeches.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's not a pretty picture no matter how you slice it.

I don't disagree.

That's problematic. Not going to go down this rabbit hole again, though.

Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Sadly, a well educated voting populace is something that is not very friendly to most politicians.

The sad thing is politics have entered education. Education has become an indoctrination of sorts. It's leaned Marxist.

"We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control".

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by FATE
We are sooo screwed.

No matter which of the two idiots you vote for. I'll take the one who doesn't have 91 indictments against him and didn't try to overturn the 2020 elections.

I think i will vote for myself this time. I mean if my only choice is the two idiots it looks like it will be I might as well vote for a loveable idiot.

ME

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Good luck.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

The sad thing is politics have entered education. Education has become an indoctrination of sorts. It's leaned Marxist.

I don't think I can go down the Marxism rabbit hole again. I do think of that as a Cold War relic. I would agree that higher education leans liberal or progressive, though, but certainly not everywhere and not at every level. Politics has permeated education at every level. Look at Florida for instance. That has experienced a big Conservative hammer during the DeSantis era.

Higher education also has ample groups and think tanks from multiple angles. Take, for instance, law school where you have the Federalist Society vs the American Constitution Society.

All that is beside the point, though. I think the problem is that education focuses too much on concepts and not on the real world. You see all the memes about how I had to read Plato's Republic, but nobody ever taught me how to do my taxes. Teachers and professors from all creeds want to pontificate. I think people need to be given the ability to digest concepts and think objectively. Unfortunately too much misinformation is out there and it's usually passed on from generation to generation, engrained at home, not at school.

Stephen Hawking had a great quote and I very much tend to agree with it: "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. The greatest enemy of knowledge is the illusion of knowledge."

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

I agree. Teaching children that slaves benefited from slavery is political, a lie and thought control. We live in a world where facts no longer matter. I understand why you may consider that Marxist.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Too much BABA money floating around to cause the same in America.

R’s and D’s know that deficit spending is good for the economy.

Not that I completely agree. This is more just an observation or statement of fact.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
But for how long is it good for the economy is the real question. Short term gains. Long term pain.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Maybe they should adopt Bidenomics.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
J/C

...does knowingly voting for an idiot make one an idiot??

Idiocracy tried to warn us.

...just saying....

If that idiot you vote for is Trump, definitely.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Aye bro watch the MAGA hatters drop $400 on a pair of Chinese made Trump sneakers while simultaneously whining about how trash the economy is.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The economy again…

Link Copied to Clipboard