Legend
Video wouldn't load on Reddit.

#truthbombs

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
A record number of Americans can’t afford their rent.

How is this possible? The liberals on the board keep telling us everything's perfect.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Those renters need to pull that money out of their 401K accounts.

Or maybe bake their own bread.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I will have you know that liberals do make very good bread, sir…

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Squires

How is this possible? The liberals on the board keep telling us everything's perfect.

That is quite the hyperbole
Nobody is claiming everything's perfect"

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by Jester

Oh? From page 7
Best economy ever

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester

Oh? From page 7
Best economy ever

Everyone knows who that is, even without a name attached. And to be honest, I seriously doubt anyone on either side takes his posts with more than a grain of insanity. Well, not more than a couple people anyway.

But yes, that voices only serves to enhance the silly battlecry that this is some great economy.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Inflation over the past couple of years has been horrible. But it's getting much better and that's what upsets you now. You hate that it's getting better and refuse to admit it or to admit that's exactly what is needed to help the poor. Sad, just sad.

Why aren't you complaining that people who bought these rentals when they were cheaper and at low interest rates keep jacking the rent through the roof? Oh that's right, because you want to blame Biden for it.

Inflation is getting better... but excluding 2021-23 it's still higher than it's been since about 2011....

and I agree with you on the rent... I'm a landlord and do try to do incremental increases of rent to keep up with inflation, but have seen situations where institutions like Black Rock have bought up rentals over the last couple of years and have double/trippled rents.... that's just ridiculous....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Inflation over the past couple of years has been horrible. But it's getting much better a.

First sentence: Yes.

Second sentence: Inflation - as in prices - is not going down. It's just not increasing as fast as it was.

Exactly! It's not as bad as it has been the last three years, but still sucks....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Something else nobody has mention. With inflation comes Higher valuations on property for those who own homes. That is devastating for a 80 year old woman who has been careful to make sure she owns her home outright, and has no other loans, or credit cards. She lives on 1200 to 1400 per month of retirement and just gets by with a few bucks left over every month. Now property taxes jump from 2500 per year to 3200 per year. that 58 per month increase is like pocket change to many folks but could be the end of home ownership for older folks.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
His opinion is more noteworthy than yours.

that’s gonna leave a mark.

I do agree with his opinions with illegals. But USA has been dealing handouts to Americans born here and immigrants alike for a very long time.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Something else nobody has mention. With inflation comes Higher valuations on property for those who own homes. That is devastating for a 80 year old woman who has been careful to make sure she owns her home outright, and has no other loans, or credit cards. She lives on 1200 to 1400 per month of retirement and just gets by with a few bucks left over every month. Now property taxes jump from 2500 per year to 3200 per year. that 58 per month increase is like pocket change to many folks but could be the end of home ownership for older folks.

Mine went up over 70%. It sucks that they used over-inflated home sales -- mostly based on properties that were painstakingly rehabbed -- and decided to bend over the consumer. I'll just take it out of my 401 and keep chugging along.

Legend
Legend
Yeah living to a ripe old age has some disadvantages especially on your own with little support. But owning a home that is increasing in value pays huge dividends as well. There are options.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 02/09/24 10:00 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
You're saying he should sell his home to keep up with inflation?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Inflation and property value isn't the same thing. Property values greatly increased long before inflation hit. And here's how that works when they have a GOP president.....

"Property is an investment and since we've had a GOP president my property investments have greatly increased which is great for me. That's another sign of a strong economy. It has increased my personal wealth exponentially."

Then when a Democrat is on the oval office and property values rise.....

"This is terrible! How can poor people pay their rent!?"

It's hilarious.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think the consensus now is: before you sell your home to buy bread, make sure you blame the GOP. thumbsup

I'm glad we've settled that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems now people are claiming the reason you can't buy bread is because you own a home while a democrat is president. Glad we cleared that up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hearing voices
This section may help you if you hear voices, or if you know someone who does. Hearing voices is a very common experience. Hearing voices can be a symptom of some mental health problems, but not everyone that hears voices are unwell. This section looks at what it can be like to hear voices, why you might hear voices and how to cope with them.

When you hear voices, you could:
Talk back to them.
Distract yourself.
Ignore them.
Focus on the voices you like.
Set a time each day to attend to them.
Stand up to them.
Keep a diary to understand your voices.
Use a mobile app.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sorry you can't read the thread and comprehend what's being said. #thoughtsandprayers

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
You're saying he should sell his home to keep up with inflation?

I thought GM was talking hypothetically about a 80 year old women living alone.

Regardless….That’s one option. Not the best option. There are other options. Reverse mortgage refi. Etc. People can use their home equity in many ways without selling.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Idk about all of this, speculation or not. But at 80, she should homestead and reduce those taxes. Under homestead exemption the property is taxed at a reduced value. If you are 65, disabled, or a disabled veteran, you can reduce your HO tax burden by 25-50%.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/09/24 09:19 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Idk about all of this, speculation or not. But at 80, she should homestead and reduce those taxes. Under homestead exemption the property is taxed at a reduced value. If you are 65, disabled, or a disabled veteran, you can reduce your HO tax burden by 25-50%.

I know all about the homestead exemption here in ohio. They added a income limit less than 12 months before I got sick so I don't qualify, as a lot of others do not now as well. and it's 25 percent reduction in Ohio

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't think anyone expects you to feel guilty. But expecting a thank you for your contribution to society? That sounds a little whack.

Pit, I exlained that in my last post.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
You never cared about the poor before. I guess Peen railing against people getting food assistance didn't bother you. Oh that's right, he's one of yours.

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-hosts-economy-president-joe-biden-video/

I never said that. I said it chaps me that people expect assistance. If you are going to talk about me and put words in my mouth, say it to me.

Thanks.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt the jobs numbers are on the uptick. So is the number of people holding multiple jobs.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then let's look at that explanation....

Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Maybe it isn't so much punching down as it is fighting back a bit. I won't apologize for making a few bucks on my life journey. I think that is what most people set out to do. Does anybody aspire to be poor or just scraping by?

Who asked anyone to be sorry for being successful? Nobody did. So you're "fighting back" against the poor?

When I say a thank-you would be nice, I don't really mean that at the check-out counter.

Then what do you mean?

It just chaps me that a growing number of people expect those as entitlements.

This makes no sense to me. There are qualifications and guidelines which decide whether you qualify for such benefits or not. Anyone who does qualify should expect the help they qualify for. That's not bad or something to get "chapped" over. But I guess when you've decided to fight back against people who need help the battle lines have been drawn.

I am just not going to feel guilty for other people's failings, bad luck, or whatever you want to call it.

Nobody asked you to feel bad about it. That ism yet another figment of your imagination. But begrudging a little help to those who need it most is a totally different matter all together. And your disdain is showing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Inflation and property value isn't the same thing. Property values greatly increased long before inflation hit. And here's how that works when they have a GOP president.....

"Property is an investment and since we've had a GOP president my property investments have greatly increased which is great for me. That's another sign of a strong economy. It has increased my personal wealth exponentially."

Then when a Democrat is on the oval office and property values rise.....

"This is terrible! How can poor people pay their rent!?"

It's hilarious.

Inflation and property value isn't the same thing. Property values greatly increased long before inflation hit.

Bullsheet Property values around here were very steady for at least 25 years. Then went through the roof the last few years. Like I complained about way back when people were crying that the minimum wage should be 15 bucks an hour.

Also I wasn't talking about either party. I was addressing a FACT that inflation has really hurt folks on fixed incomes, and it hits them the most, and property tax is based on the value of a home. So every time inflation causes the homes worth to increase is worth the taxes go up. Hell whatcha gonna say next buddy that when the price of bread goes from $2.00 to $2.50 and it was only because the value of the bread went up, not because of inflation lol

P
Legend
Legend
P
Since 1963, inflation has risen 896%, while housing prices have risen by more than 2,350%.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/correlation-inflation-houses.asp

Housing prices have outpaced inflation by a margin of around 2.5 to 1 regardless of inflation rates.

Home prices even rose fairly quickly from 2011-2021.......

Interactive Chart Shows the Widespread Rise in Home Prices Since the Start of the Pandemic

https://www.jchs.harvard.edu/blog/interactive-chart-shows-widespread-rise-home-prices-start-pandemic

It is what it is.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Tuition the same way.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well if it is what it is i am right since I have lived in six houses since 1963 and until last year we never once saw a large increase in our property taxes. No link needed as I am talking from my own experiences and those of family and friends bro.

Legend
Legend
Well if it is what it is i am right since I have lived in six houses since 1963 and until last year we never once saw a large increase in our property taxes. No link needed as I am talking from my own experiences and those of family and friends bro.

Yeah, but dude, in 1983 it went up by a higher percentage than 1975.

It is what it is bro.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
I thought Nikon’s approach worked fairly well with run away inflation in the early 70’s. First he froze wages for 6 mo which everybody hated. Lifted that. And then he froze prices that everyone loved . Seemed to slow inflation fairly well. Probably wouldn’t work in today’s society with freezing wages annd all.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I find your approach here rather odd. Homes and property are supposed to be an investment. They are actually supposed to be a hedge against inflation and their values are suppose to rise. You may not like the charts or facts but they are what they are none the less. The housing market crash actually hurt a lot of people and their loans were upside down. Inflation this year was down to around three and a half percent. If your homes value went up by 10% and inflation was 3.5%, where did that other 6.5% come from? I know where I live property values have been soaring since I moved here over ten years ago.

As I said, your home is supposed to increase in value. That's why many people invest in rental property and property in general. As I have shown you property values have increased about 2.5 times more than inflation. So I suppose it would be a logical deduction to blame a fraction of your property value increase to be tied to inflation but not nearly all of it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I thought Nikon’s approach worked fairly well with run away inflation in the early 70’s. First he froze wages for 6 mo which everybody hated. Lifted that. And then he froze prices that everyone loved . Seemed to slow inflation fairly well. Probably wouldn’t work in today’s society with freezing wages annd all.

It would be labeled as communism today.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Tuition the same way.

I agree. College has become way expensive and is mostly a rip off for a large number of people.

At one time a degree did give you an advantage in to getting something like middle management or upper level job. But the middle has been squeezed. There aren't as many jobs anymore. Technology and computers have killed many of those.

Professional degrees are always going to be of benefit. Most of those require some level of post graduate work and still seem to maintain some standards for completion. As you know there are many "iffy" law schools out there, but a person isn't a practicing attorney until they pass a states bar exam, so there is that.

Today, many people who could have never been accepted to college get in because it is a business and political forum. As long as colleges get money through admissions, more increasingly admit marginal students just to get the loan money, never expecting them to pass or passing them along with some bogus degree.

Today, people need advance degrees to have an advantage. That is being sold to keep the money flowing.

It's sad. That is why I have been a big advocate for vo-tech schools. Teach people to make a living, and along with that the politicians need to make serious efforts to keep, and bring back those jobs. A person shouldn't have to go to college for 6-7-8 years to make a living, and on the other hand we shouldn't expect entry level jobs to pay living wages.

Those are stepping stone jobs. Those jobs were never meant to be careers.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

I know all about the homestead exemption here in ohio. They added a income limit less than 12 months before I got sick so I don't qualify, as a lot of others do not now as well. and it's 25 percent reduction in Ohio

Up to 50% for disabled vets. And I think the income guidelines are different. But no partial disabilities, so my wife’s 80% rating isn’t enough. But she will qualify when she retires.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
all you conservatives, stop complaining and pick yourself up by the bootstraps. Nobody wants to hear y’all whining nonstop and wanting the nanny state government to help you. Bunch of leeches.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The economy again…

Link Copied to Clipboard