Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2049384 12/16/23 04:21 AM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I usually like when we do this thread, I sometimes learn a lot. A little late this week but whatever. I ain’t got much to say because I honestly don’t know the bears hardly at all and I’m hoping this thread provides a shortcut.

What I do know from what little I’ve read is that, like Denver, they’re playing much better now than earlier in the season and that Fields has especially come on strong. That they’re not nearly as good when he’s not playing. Bad news: he’s playing.

We on the other hand are physically falling apart. We’ve lost a few more key defenders this week and I think I read it’s official that Mary Kay Cabot and Steve Urkle are now our starting offensive tackles. I don’t know if or when we’ll cross the injury tipping point but if we keep winning, the coaches deserve many rounds of some kind of umbrella drink on a warm beach when this is all over.

Any Chicagoland dawgtalkers that break down the teddy’s?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
This game is deceptive. The Bears are 5-8 but have won 3 of their last 4. That includes last week's win over the Lions.

They have the highest ranked corner in Jaylon Johnson. They have Montez Sweat at RDE against Hudson. That is a bad matchup for Hudson.

They have played a weak schedule overall.

We are at home where we have played well.

IMO it always begins with playing clean football. Limit penalties. Don't turn it over. When we do that we usually win.

Fields can run and that can be hard to defend. We have to have pressure and protect against Fields running. If we get good pressure Fields will make mistakes.

Our defense begins up front. We need that front to play well.

Flacco will be playing in our old offense. Stretch bootleg, play action 12 personnel. It will be about getting the ball out quickly and on time to the routes.

Flacco knows how to play in that style.

I never pick games. Just hope we play well and find a way to win.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. None of the remaining 4 games will be easy. The Bears are better than their record. At Houston and Cincy will be tough as those teams are fighting for a playoff spot and the Jets give us trouble. Again, with all our injuries it makes it more difficult. If we give Joe time tomorrow, we should be able to move the ball.

Legend
Legend
Every game has surprises. Turnovers can beat any team who is favored to win.

This year turnovers have not been kind to us. Automatically you put yourself in a hole.

Turnovers that give the opponent a short field is the way to lose a game.

I am looking for us to get the turnovers. Specifically our corners Emerson and Ward ( hopefully he plays).

I am expecting good games from Cooper, and Njoku. If they put Jaylon Johnson solo on Cooper. Then look for Moore to get targets.

We have to run enough to set up effective play action. I expect some screens to the backs and Njoku.

KS is a good game planner. He usually figures out a good way to attack a given defense. The players need to execute.

Just checked the weather. Rain. That will change the game. Turnovers will be more likely. A sloppy field creates lots of uncertainty.

Hopefully we can find a way.

Last edited by bonefish; 12/16/23 10:32 AM.
Legend
Legend
I'm worried about Fields running, DJ Moore, and their defense playing so well. This might be a more stout matchup than the jags game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
This Bears team definitely should not be slept on. Since getting Montez Sweat from Washington, they have been performing a LOT better. Losing Ngakoue will temper that a bit, I think, but they can easily still be a big problem.

More than anything, we have to take care of the ball. We have been utterly HORRIBLE at that this year, and we have got to start getting better at it.

Despite all the hits we took this week, we have to protect Flacco and get to Fields. It's really as simple as that, I think. I highly doubt Myles gets to re-live our last meeting with the Bears, but it should would be nice. Heck, it would be great if he has just half the outing he had in that game.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
The amazing thing is we've played the 6th toughest schedule so far, we have a -7 turnover differential, and we're riddled with injuries, yet we're still 8-5. Kind of sucks that we catch the Bears when they're playing their best ball of the year. Like we caught the Broncos when they were on their hot streak. At least this is a home game, where for some reason the defense plays waaay better.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Yeah but You are the Browns and you are at home,
the bears are not as good of a football team as the bengals were in week one, nor the titans in week #2.

Probably this is the best opponent to face of the final four games of the regular season for the Browns so go out, and Win.

and, If the Browns win their next two, Chicago, and at Houston,
and if the Ravens lose their next two, Jaguars, home or away? and At the forty niners, then at that point the Browns would be in first place in the division race, and likely 2nd in the entire AFC,
but, if the Chiefs keep faltering, the Browns could get to the Number one overall seed in the AFC and the bye,

There is still a 6 percent chance that the Browns get the #I overall seed in the AFC and the opening round bye week.

How do you beat the bears? the same way you beat everybody,
Run the ball all over them and pass it deep a couple to 3 times a half,
and defend the pass primarily and the run on defense. It worked against Brady and the Buccaneers in 2022 with a lesser Browns D Line that day.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Fields is the exact kind of QB that has beaten us this year.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
Legend
T
NO he's not, didn't the Browns murtilize them for nine sacks around 202I with J. fields.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
NO he's not, didn't the Browns murtilize them for nine sacks around 202I with J. fields.
Tell me you are clueless about football without telling me. I’m sure he’s the same qb that we played 3 years ago. Not the qb that’s won 3 of last 4 rolleyes

It will take a game like that to pull this out. We have fans trying out to play at this point

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Tell me you are clueless about football without telling me. I’m sure he’s the same qb that we played 3 years ago. Not the qb that’s won 3 of last 4 rolleyes

Since your rolling eyes and commenting about telling someone what they don't know, he has been the QB in which they have won the last 2, not 3-1 in the last 4. The Bears, with him as a starter, are 2-2 in his last 4. For the year, the Bears are 3-6 in games he's played this year. You are true that 2 years ago may not tell you anything, but your 3-1 in the last 4 isn't accurate either and removes his 1-5 start of the season.

Regarding his stats, he has 2 TD passes, 1 int and 1 rushing TD in his last 4 games. So it's not like he is putting the team on his back. If you look at the Bears season, a better argument could be made that acquiring Sweat mid-season, was a bigger factor in their 2nd half successes.

Saying that, it doesn't mean he won't run and/or pass all over us today.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Given the fact we have so many key players and backup’s out with injuries it’s very difficult to predict what will happen today. Everyone is entitled to an opinion that’s fine but there are too many variables to make a concrete prediction on the game.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Given the fact we have so many key players and backup’s out with injuries it’s very difficult to predict what will happen today. Everyone is entitled to an opinion that’s fine but there are too many variables to make a concrete prediction on the game.

Exactly. Just look at some of the scores this year. Pitt losing two in a row to 2 win teams is the best indicator. You better be ready to play.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm sick of hearing about the injuries when the players getting action for the first time all year are people we can be excited to see play.

The Browns Have really good players coming off the bench,
and,
they are at home, I think the defense can score today,
I think the Browns
"""" un """"" Back ups need to go out there and make some Kick a'lls plays
and win the game,
b/c you don't want to waste this season thinking,
" is this the game that knocked you out of the playoffs?"

I'm also sick of hearing about how ...whatever... another team is.
Why even Look at the other team? You go out there and kick his tail. You are the Cleveland Browns, at home in 2023,

and that other team ain't half as good as all the other ones you beat.

I hope D'Anthony Bell gets 2 Freaking Pick 6's today, if not 3.

It's going to take Eleven wins to get in, You need Every Game.
And this is the easiest one remaining.
https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tie-breaking-procedures/

the naysayers can go jump in the Lake.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Just control ball and WE and TE catch it , stop run and spy Fields

T
Legend
Legend
T
Commit to running the ball even if it is not working,
Have to commit to establish the run,
and then throw the ball deep a couple of times each @uarter, or half, or drive.

Continue to run the ball even if it is not working, and try to stay within seventeen of them, and beat them on the last play of the game if you have to, but,
this is a must win game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Flacco passed the ball 45 times last week. As a result the Browns put 31 points on the board and Flacco passed for 3td's. Maybe this whole passing thing isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

I may be wrong, but that might've been his first ever NFL start.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Bears 17 How to Win v Bears

Link Copied to Clipboard