Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
One of those games was some of the worst weather I've seen and NFL game played in. We threw the ball as much or damn well nearly as much as we ran it in that game. In similar wind conditions New England played a game and had his QB throw the ball a total of 3 times.... A second of those games you refered to was certainly as bad/worse than any weather Jacoby or DW has had to play in since then. Not sure about the 3rd game you are referring to.

But folks choose who they give excuses to. So no change I guess.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/22/23 03:41 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
One of those games was some of the worst weather I've seen and NFL game played in.

saywhat How many NFL games have you watched?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
So how many times have you seen a team throw the ball 3 times? Hig winds gusting at 50 mph and rain to my mind is a worse combination than snow and white out conditions. jmo

P
Legend
Legend
P
Were you at that game? Because people on this board who were at that game said it wasn't that bad in the stadium during that game. Maybe you know something they don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
LOL

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll take that as a no.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
LOL.

Because what game was it?
What posters said what, exactly?
Were they the posters who didn't want to give a QB any excuses.

And how many games have you seen 3 passes attempted by a team in the NFL?

Last edited by mgh888; 12/22/23 05:30 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea what your "3 passes" argument has to do with anything. They were posters who attended the game. I think one of them was Peen and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the agenda you are suggesting. So your answer to my questions was to ignore them and ask me questions? Typical.

I will still take your answer as a no since you still refuse to answer any of my questions.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Hahaha.

So you can't name a game. You can't state what posters or what they said.

Thanks.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sorry you didn't see or read them. Or are now just denying it. Which ever the case may be hopefully they will read these posts and explain it to you. It seems as though you think denying it makes it better.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Were you at that game? Because people on this board who were at that game said it wasn't that bad in the stadium during that game. Maybe you know something they don't.

Which game?
Which specific posters?
What did they actually say?

This is your post and your claim. Answer the questions or simply move on.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
How has Flacco looked this year so far?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Las Vegas Raiders at Cleveland Browns - November 1st, 2020

Weather 49 degrees, relative humidity 56%, wind 35 mph

Forgive me Lord, for adding to this back n forth

Have fun with the game stats

If you want to be tortured in watching this mess

P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing for sure, I never expected you to claim I was lying about this. But obviously you do. Just remember this.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
No Pit - you made a claim but then avoided a direct answer to any of the specific questions I asked regarding the claim. Not one Q answered.

And regardless if you had or not - your post sort of made the point Purpple made that I was agreeing with, that some posters didn't want weather to be an excuse for some QB's. In a really bad weather game - your comment was that 'some folks might have said the weather wasn't too bad'. No idea why you wanted to try and pick a fight but that's the way it read from the get go. If that wasn't your intent - maybe re-read what you wrote and explain how I was supposed to interpret your comments ?? 'Were you at the game' sounds a bit like saying posters can't criticize the coaching staff because none of us have done that job and are unqualified.

P
Legend
Legend
P
All I was saying is that according to people who were there the weather wasn't as bad at the stadium as reports were indicating. I do think it's unfair to criticize a coach based on weather while people in the stadium claim was not as bad as those who were not there make them out to be. And I also believe that people try to analyze every detail of NFL coaches who have no idea what they're talking about and are totally unqualified to do so. We see it all the time.

Let me give you an example. Posters will sit there and claim Stefanski should have made the exact call the opposition would have been expecting him to make. As if trying to catch the opposing defense off guard by calling something that they AREN'T expecting is a terrible thing. It's craziness.

You certainly did act as if I made that up. There's no question about it. As you yourself said, "explain how I was supposed to interpret your comments ??" You can interpret my comments any way you want to. Not everything that disagrees with your every word is "trying to pick a fight". But if a fight is what you want you came to the right place.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

If you've been in the stadium enough you know that the weather in the stands can be very different than that on the field by looking at the wind whipping the pants and coats of the players and refs...or the large American flag that ate Brandon Weeden one day.

I can't tell you how many times have I seen the flags on the goal posts completely flat on one side of the field and whipping on the other.

$.02

A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed. Went to the a game last year, kind of last second decision. 4:00 game. Cold, windy, and blowing snow pretty decent. Where we sat, it was fine, but you could see it was extremely different on the field.

R
Legend
Legend
R
You make an interesting observation that you’re not allowed to criticize Kev on here because although he is having a great season he is still deserving of criticism.

I say interesting because you didn’t take that stance with Baker. One guy you were in love with, the other not. Two different sets of rules depending on the emotional attachment.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
You make an interesting observation that you’re not allowed to criticize Kev on here because although he is having a great season he is still deserving of criticism.

I say interesting because you didn’t take that stance with Baker. One guy you were in love with, the other not. Two different sets of rules depending on the emotional attachment.

I criticized Baker plenty - he was deserving of criticism when he played badly or acted immaturely or was out out of condition and badly prepared one year. I think it'd possibly be more accurate to say that you didn't want to ever acknowledge when he played well... but that's pretty much water under the bridge unless you are trying to rehash that debate. If you want to stick to the one isolated comment that Purple made - it might be simpler. I agree with what he said, do you agree or disagree with Purple?

M
Legend
Legend
M
I guess we can make it simple. You said posters said the weather wasn't that bad. You can see from links posted by ScottP.F. that the wind was 35 mph and sleet. If it was blowing consistently at 35mph - I imgaine the gusts were higher. Do yoiu want to agree with whatever posters said it wasn't that bad - or would you agree that maybe some of those comments might have been example of pricesly the point Purple made in his post above?

Last edited by mgh888; 12/24/23 05:56 AM.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The only thing I agree with is that Baker had a rolleroaster of a four year span here with good and bad play, in good weather or bad weather. I both praised and criticized him plenty, with I'm sure an emphasis on the criticism. Probably my biggest criticism of Baker is that he was good when there were no expectations and poor when he had the weight of expectations on his shoulders. Tampa should proceed very cautiously with respect to this trend.

I thought your observation that Kev has been good when the chips are down and been poor when his circumstances were more favorable a pretty interesting parallel to Baker. Which got me thinking you didn't view Baker through the same lense that you are viewing Kev. I find it lacking in objectivity depending on emotions. Additionally a lot of the Baker fans here hold Kev responsible for that relationship not working out and the team moving on. They are exta critical of everything Kev does. You are on the fringe of that group.

For what it's worth I agree with you about Kev. I still think he deserves a lot of praise for this season but your observation about how he trends is pretty accurate. No one has done less with more. He's flipped the script this season. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
I guess we can make it simple. You said posters said the weather wasn't that bad. You can see from links posted by ScottP.F. that the wind was 35 mph and sleet. If it was blowing consistently at 35mph - I imgaine the gusts were higher. Do yoiu want to agree with whatever posters said it wasn't that bad - or would you agree that maybe some of those comments might have been example of pricesly the point Purple made in his post above?

I'm not sure why you insist on continuing this and at the same time claiming it's someone else who wants to fight. But I've seen that a lot on here.

At first you claimed 50 mph wind. Now it's 35. At first you claimed it was raining so hard it was raining sideways. Now you've reduced that to sleet. It would seem from your ever changing description you yourself aren't quite sure what the weather was like that day. And that was a big part of it too. Your claim about it "raining sideways". The posters who attended the game said it was more of a sleet or drizzle. I'm pretty sure that didn't change based on where someone was sitting compared to the field.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign QB Joe Flacco

Link Copied to Clipboard